HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Chicago Blackhawks
Notices

Other Chicago Sports/General Sports Thread - Cubs Sign Jackson, Villanueva

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
12-13-2012, 01:22 PM
  #526
MurrayBannerman
BBall ATD Champion
 
MurrayBannerman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: 219
Country: United States
Posts: 20,005
vCash: 500
Buster Olney ‏@Buster_ESPN

The Rangers have been told Hamilton is signing with the Angels, according to ESPNDallas.

MurrayBannerman is offline  
Old
12-13-2012, 01:23 PM
  #527
MurrayBannerman
BBall ATD Champion
 
MurrayBannerman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: 219
Country: United States
Posts: 20,005
vCash: 500
Too bad the Angels don't have any good prospects or we could trade them Garza to fix their pitching woes in the Spring.

MurrayBannerman is offline  
Old
12-13-2012, 01:25 PM
  #528
RayP
Registered User
 
RayP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Atlanta
Posts: 53,685
vCash: 50
MLB turning into the NBA with these superteams? I know it's not quite the same, especially given the recent WS winners... but man, it sure seems like it. Thank god baseball is far more of a team game than the NBA.

RayP is offline  
Old
12-13-2012, 01:27 PM
  #529
coldsteelonice84
Registered User
 
coldsteelonice84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 22,547
vCash: 1948
Fine by me, that just raised the price on Garza to Texas. Olt is a cornerstone third baseman and a nice return but it is simply not enough. Gonna need Cody Buckel or Martin Perez coming back with him.

coldsteelonice84 is offline  
Old
12-13-2012, 01:29 PM
  #530
RayP
Registered User
 
RayP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Atlanta
Posts: 53,685
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by coldsteelonice84 View Post
Fine by me, that just raised the price on Garza to Texas. Olt is a cornerstone third baseman and a nice return but it is simply not enough. Gonna need Cody Buckel or Martin Perez coming back with him.
We'd be lucky to get Olt for Garza, yet you want a #1 SP prospect with him?


Not gonna happen, not unless we also give them Soriano and a bunch of money.

RayP is offline  
Old
12-13-2012, 01:31 PM
  #531
MurrayBannerman
BBall ATD Champion
 
MurrayBannerman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: 219
Country: United States
Posts: 20,005
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RayP View Post
We'd be lucky to get Olt for Garza, yet you want a #1 SP prospect with him?


Not gonna happen, not unless we also give them Soriano and a bunch of money.

MurrayBannerman is offline  
Old
12-13-2012, 01:31 PM
  #532
RayP
Registered User
 
RayP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Atlanta
Posts: 53,685
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by MurrayBannerman View Post
Too bad the Angels don't have any good prospects or we could trade them Garza to fix their pitching woes in the Spring.
Garza for Trumbo?

RayP is offline  
Old
12-13-2012, 01:53 PM
  #533
MurrayBannerman
BBall ATD Champion
 
MurrayBannerman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: 219
Country: United States
Posts: 20,005
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RayP View Post
Garza for Trumbo?
That walk rate and awful second half concerns me.

MurrayBannerman is offline  
Old
12-13-2012, 02:00 PM
  #534
coldsteelonice84
Registered User
 
coldsteelonice84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 22,547
vCash: 1948
Quote:
Originally Posted by RayP View Post
We'd be lucky to get Olt for Garza, yet you want a #1 SP prospect with him?


Not gonna happen, not unless we also give them Soriano and a bunch of money.
I'm fine with that too. However, the Shields trade just eliminated our competition and set a high bar. I'd be happy with Olt, like I said, however, given the market and what is going on in their division, I don't think they should be allowed to get away with just giving up Olt. I think they should overpay.

coldsteelonice84 is offline  
Old
12-13-2012, 02:19 PM
  #535
Cullksinikers
Peaking Too Early
 
Cullksinikers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: 'Merica
Country: United States
Posts: 14,050
vCash: 500
Olt would be great. If you get Olt, you trade Barney or Castro, but I would prefer Barney. Olt is then your future guy at the hot corner. Baez would then be the future shortstop. You then have to trade one of Barney and Castro and make the guy who stays the long-term second baseman. Trade Barney in a package eventually or trade Castro for Upton.

Cullksinikers is offline  
Old
12-13-2012, 02:23 PM
  #536
MurrayBannerman
BBall ATD Champion
 
MurrayBannerman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: 219
Country: United States
Posts: 20,005
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cullksinikers View Post
Olt would be great. If you get Olt, you trade Barney or Castro, but I would prefer Barney. Olt is then your future guy at the hot corner. Baez would then be the future shortstop. You then have to trade one of Barney and Castro and make the guy who stays the long-term second baseman. Trade Barney in a package eventually or trade Castro for Upton.
Why the hell would you trade Castro?

MurrayBannerman is offline  
Old
12-13-2012, 02:23 PM
  #537
Illinihockey
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 13,550
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cullksinikers View Post
Olt would be great. If you get Olt, you trade Barney or Castro, but I would prefer Barney. Olt is then your future guy at the hot corner. Baez would then be the future shortstop. You then have to trade one of Barney and Castro and make the guy who stays the long-term second baseman. Trade Barney in a package eventually or trade Castro for Upton.
This makes no sense, why would you trade either of them?

Illinihockey is online now  
Old
12-13-2012, 02:24 PM
  #538
MurrayBannerman
BBall ATD Champion
 
MurrayBannerman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: 219
Country: United States
Posts: 20,005
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Illinihockey View Post
This makes no sense, why would you trade either of them?
Barney will be gone at some point in the future.

MurrayBannerman is offline  
Old
12-13-2012, 02:25 PM
  #539
TwistedWrister90
Stanley Cup Q
 
TwistedWrister90's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Chicago
Country: United States
Posts: 3,905
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Illinihockey View Post
So Kevin Love came out blasting the T-Wolves the other day. If I'm the Bulls, I'm letting it be known we are very interested in him and they can have the pick of our roster. Noah + Charlottes pick + whatever else. I think Love can opt out of his deal in 2 years.
So I looked into this a little more and Boozer's contract runs out at the same time Love could potentially be a free agent. Imagine Rose, Love, and Noah

TwistedWrister90 is offline  
Old
12-13-2012, 02:26 PM
  #540
MurrayBannerman
BBall ATD Champion
 
MurrayBannerman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: 219
Country: United States
Posts: 20,005
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nds90 View Post
So I looked into this a little more and Boozer's contract runs out at the same time Love could potentially be a free agent. Imagine Rose, Love, and Noah
Probably would need a sign and trade.

MurrayBannerman is offline  
Old
12-13-2012, 02:27 PM
  #541
Illinihockey
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 13,550
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MurrayBannerman View Post
Barney will be gone at some point in the future.
Agreed, but you don't trade him because you trade for a 3rd base prospect

Illinihockey is online now  
Old
12-13-2012, 02:29 PM
  #542
MurrayBannerman
BBall ATD Champion
 
MurrayBannerman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: 219
Country: United States
Posts: 20,005
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Illinihockey View Post
Agreed, but you don't trade him because you trade for a 3rd base prospect
Well, yes, the logic is faulty. He's assuming Baez or Castro would play 2B, which is a year away at least.

MurrayBannerman is offline  
Old
12-13-2012, 02:30 PM
  #543
Cullksinikers
Peaking Too Early
 
Cullksinikers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: 'Merica
Country: United States
Posts: 14,050
vCash: 500
I had this as an idea of a future lineup:

C: Castillo (?)
1B: Rizzo
2B: Villanueva
SS: Baez
3B: Olt
LF: Soler
CF: Almora
RF: Upton

Cullksinikers is offline  
Old
12-13-2012, 02:31 PM
  #544
Illinihockey
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 13,550
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MurrayBannerman View Post
Well, yes, the logic is faulty. He's assuming Baez or Castro would play 2B, which is a year away at least.
It also assumes Olt will come in and be immediately successful at 3rd base as well.

Illinihockey is online now  
Old
12-13-2012, 02:32 PM
  #545
MurrayBannerman
BBall ATD Champion
 
MurrayBannerman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: 219
Country: United States
Posts: 20,005
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cullksinikers View Post
I had this as an idea of a future lineup:

C: Castillo (?)
1B: Rizzo
2B: Villanueva
SS: Baez
3B: Olt
LF: Soler
CF: Almora
RF: Upton
Villanueva big thing is that he's a plus fielder at 3B...

Soler's arm is better suited for RF

MurrayBannerman is offline  
Old
12-13-2012, 02:33 PM
  #546
MurrayBannerman
BBall ATD Champion
 
MurrayBannerman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: 219
Country: United States
Posts: 20,005
vCash: 500
1B: Rizzo
2B/SS: Baez/Castro
3B Olt

That infield is better.

MurrayBannerman is offline  
Old
12-13-2012, 02:34 PM
  #547
Cullksinikers
Peaking Too Early
 
Cullksinikers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: 'Merica
Country: United States
Posts: 14,050
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MurrayBannerman View Post
1B: Rizzo
2B/SS: Baez/Castro
3B Olt

That infield is better.
Agreed, but I just think having Upton would be interesting. Just make sure Thoyer can get another good outfielder. I definitely believe.

Cullksinikers is offline  
Old
12-13-2012, 02:35 PM
  #548
MurrayBannerman
BBall ATD Champion
 
MurrayBannerman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: 219
Country: United States
Posts: 20,005
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cullksinikers View Post
Agreed, but I just think having Upton would be interesting. Just make sure Thoyer can get another good outfielder. I definitely believe.
Corner OF's are easier to find than Middle IFs.

MurrayBannerman is offline  
Old
12-13-2012, 02:37 PM
  #549
Cullksinikers
Peaking Too Early
 
Cullksinikers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: 'Merica
Country: United States
Posts: 14,050
vCash: 500
Honestly, I don't care what they do as long as they somehow try to fit Price into the plans.

Cullksinikers is offline  
Old
12-13-2012, 02:40 PM
  #550
MurrayBannerman
BBall ATD Champion
 
MurrayBannerman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: 219
Country: United States
Posts: 20,005
vCash: 500
That'd be awesome. I have no idea what they'd give up for him. A lot of what would be on the table would be stuff we don't currently have.

MurrayBannerman is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:25 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.