Notices

2012-2013 World Junior Championships

Closed Thread

Old
12-13-2012, 01:08 PM
Gump Hasek
Spleen Merchant

vCash: 2203
Team Canada released the lines for today's game against UofA and they sat out Scheifele, RNH, and Huberdeau again. Oh well, was actually looking forward to the opportunity to watch them play together again.

Old
12-13-2012, 01:21 PM
garret9
AKA#VitoCorrelationi

vCash: 500
Tonight:

Forwards
Drouin - Danault - Rattie
Hudon - MacKinnon - Ritchie
Shinkaruk - Catenacci - Wilson
Camara - McNeill - Lipon

D Pairings:
Reinhart - Corrado
Wotherspoon - Dumba
Murphy - Sproul

Goalies:
Brossoit
Subban

Old
12-13-2012, 01:25 PM
Gump Hasek
Spleen Merchant

The game actually begins 30 minutes from now, FYI, at 1 pm CST.

Old
12-13-2012, 01:58 PM
Bob E

So, will Dumba and Reinhart both make this team? Only one? Which one?

Imo, Dumba might be on the outside looking in.

Old
12-13-2012, 02:12 PM
ps241
Hero of CantonKiller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gump Hasek View Post
The game actually begins 30 minutes from now, FYI, at 1 pm CST.
is there a stream Gump? I am at the desk and can probably keep an eye on it

Old
12-13-2012, 02:20 PM
Gump Hasek
Spleen Merchant

http://www2.fasthockey.com/

Old
12-13-2012, 02:37 PM
ps241
Hero of CantonKiller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gump Hasek View Post
http://www2.fasthockey.com/

Thanks Gump I am in.

Old
12-13-2012, 03:29 PM
ps241
Hero of CantonKiller

Canada looked really slick in the 2nd period. Rattie and Drouin have looked great together......Mackinnon is very noticeable, man the kid can fly.

Dumba got sprung on a breakaway coming out of the penatly box and threw a sick move on the goalie but lost puck control when it rolled on him.....very nice move for a defender. However, Dumba seems to have some positional issues defensively he takes weird angles and seems to leave his side open to the back door play when defending 3-2 rushes, he cheats too close to the centre of the ice (he did it twice in the 2nd period).....also he just missed a guy on a blow up hit attempt and it caused a 2-1 and on the same shift he jumped up on the rush which led to a breakaway against. Maybe he is trying to hard but he seems to high risk high reward.

oh and one of the announcers has a painful voice to listen to gushing about Richie.

Old
12-13-2012, 04:01 PM
ps241
Hero of CantonKiller

Team Canada won 2-0 and it would have been more one sided accept Jake Paterson was incredible for the CIS all-stars ....absolutely stood on his head.

Corrado is a very smooth defenseman who makes it look easy, Reinhart was solid. Dumba had a better 3rd period the kid is "REALLY" aggressive to the puck in all situations maybe it just takes some getting used to?

Old
12-13-2012, 06:22 PM
garret9
AKA#VitoCorrelationi

My Guess:

Huberdeau - RNH - Scheifele
Mackinnon - Strome - Rattie
Hudon - Jenner - Ritchie
Camara - Danault - McNeill
Shinkaruk/Drouin

Rielly-Hamilton
Ouelett-Harrington
Reinhart-Corrado
Murphy

Subban
Patterson
Brossoit

Can't decide on Shinkaruk or Drouin...
Can't decide on which one will get back up between Brossoit and Patterson..
TC will prob switch Corrado and Murphy (with Spott connection) but that's more what I'd do...

EDIT:
Didn't realize cuts already went out... Will start to read now

EDITx2:
Ittalicizing the guys I guessed wrong... looks like TC didn't use the camp that indepthly for cuts.

EDITx3:
New lineup guess:

Huberdeau - RNH - Scheifele
Mackinnon - Strome - Rattie
Hudon - Jenner - Ritchie
Camara - Danault - Lipon
Drouin

Rielly-Hamilton
Harrington-Reinhart
Ouellet-Murphy
Wotherspoon

Subban
Patterson
Binnington

Last edited by garret9: 12-13-2012 at 08:48 PM.
Old
12-13-2012, 06:52 PM
truck
HFB Partner

Forwards:
Camara, Danault, Drouin, Huberdeau, Hudon, Jenner, Lipon, MacKinnon, Nugent-Hopkins, Rattie, Ritchie, Scheifele, Strome.

Defense:
Hamilton, Harrington, Murphy, Ouellet, Reinhart, Rielly, Wotherspoon

Old
12-13-2012, 07:03 PM
garret9
AKA#VitoCorrelationi

Interesting that they went with a very offensive focused team... I like it maybe 3 scoring lines like I originally wanted

Old
12-13-2012, 07:08 PM
Duir
Registered Bunk

http://www.tsn.ca/world_jrs/feature/?id=81742

Final roster. I like it.

Old
12-13-2012, 07:28 PM
scelaton

So, the 2 defencemen taken before Trouba in the 2012 draft have just been dumped by the Canadian WJC team.
Interesting

Old
12-13-2012, 07:44 PM
truck
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by scelaton View Post
So, the 2 defencemen taken before Trouba in the 2012 draft have just been dumped by the Canadian WJC team.
Interesting
No way of knowing if our Troubadour would have had a shot at cracking this roster.

Old
12-13-2012, 10:27 PM
ps241
Hero of CantonKiller

Quote:
Originally Posted by truck View Post
No way of knowing if our Troubadour would have had a shot at cracking this roster.
Hard to say Truck but he made team USA last year and was impressive as a draft eligible D man. he would have had a very good shot at making Canada this year IMHO. Not a lock but certainly better than Dumba who was the last cut. I think Canada could have used him as their crease clearer and it would be nice to have that one guy with the edge on the back end when the situation called for it.....also he would be a good trigger man for the 1st or 2nd PP unit. I would take Trouba instead of Murphy on Canada but I do have my homer goggles welded on a bit tight.

Old
12-13-2012, 10:30 PM
ps241
Hero of CantonKiller

Quote:
Originally Posted by garret9 View Post
Interesting that they went with a very offensive focused team... I like it maybe 3 scoring lines like I originally wanted
Very very different team but perhaps they felt the situation called for it this year? they are building the team to out score the other teams so hopefully we have enough grit to compete. It will be a track meet that's for sure.

Old
12-13-2012, 10:48 PM
Tintin's Ghost

Quote:
Originally Posted by ps241 View Post
Very very different team but perhaps they felt the situation called for it this year? they are building the team to out score the other teams so hopefully we have enough grit to compete. It will be a track meet that's for sure.
I would love to a track meet for each game, that would be some entertaining hockey (RNH and Yakupov exchanging odd man rushes) Isn't it refreshing they went with more offense this year? So much emotion during the WJC that momentum can swing wildly from team to team and many games are decided by offensive outburst that last a few minutes and produce a 5 goal lead. You need the firepower to seize those moments. Conversely you need the firepower to make up those margins, as Canada learned the last two years. Also nice to see TC buck their usual trend and make their selection based on talent rather than age with Drouin and MacKinnon.

Old
12-13-2012, 11:04 PM
truck
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tintin's Ghost View Post
I would love to a track meet for each game, that would be some entertaining hockey (RNH and Yakupov exchanging odd man rushes) Isn't it refreshing they went with more offense this year? So much emotion during the WJC that momentum can swing wildly from team to team and many games are decided by offensive outburst that last a few minutes and produce a 5 goal lead. You need the firepower to seize those moments. Conversely you need the firepower to make up those margins, as Canada learned the last two years. Also nice to see TC buck their usual trend and make their selection based on talent rather than age with Drouin and MacKinnon.
I really like the idea of more offence.
You don't need to carry shutdown players when your stars can handle those minutes.

I'd rather see Scheifele kill penalties than Wilson anyways.

Old
12-13-2012, 11:24 PM
truck
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by ps241 View Post
Hard to say Truck but he made team USA last year and was impressive as a draft eligible D man. he would have had a very good shot at making Canada this year IMHO. Not a lock but certainly better than Dumba who was the last cut. I think Canada could have used him as their crease clearer and it would be nice to have that one guy with the edge on the back end when the situation called for it.....also he would be a good trigger man for the 1st or 2nd PP unit. I would take Trouba instead of Murphy on Canada but I do have my homer goggles welded on a bit tight.
I really like Trouba too and at this point I would take him over Dumba too. Just saying that I don't know that Hockey Canada would.

He may well be one of the top players on team USA. I look forward to seeing him suit up.

Old
12-13-2012, 11:41 PM
untouchable21
You've been TROUBA'D

Anyone else concerned about Scheifele not performing up to expectations due to being out of his natural center position?

I would hope that he could develop some chemistry with RNH because he will be the beneficiary of some wonderful passes. Just have my doubts for no reason in particular.

If Scheifele at right wing doesn't work, here's what I'd like to see for line combinations ....

Huberdeau - RNH - Rattie

Camara - Scheifele - MacKinnon

Drouin - Strome - Ritchie

Hudon - Jenner - Danault

Old
12-13-2012, 11:52 PM
surixon

Quote:
Originally Posted by untouchable21 View Post
Anyone else concerned about Scheifele not performing up to expectations due to being out of his natural center position?

I would hope that he could develop some chemistry with RNH because he will be the beneficiary of some wonderful passes. Just have my doubts for no reason in particular.

If Scheifele at right wing doesn't work, here's what I'd like to see for line combinations ....

Huberdeau - RNH - Rattie

Hudon - Jenner - Danault
I would much rather see him at center as well, RNH and him bring similar things to the table and qs a result probably should be separated. I like the idea of playing him with McKinnon a natural finisher and a banger like Camera that he has some chemistry with.

Also I'm not sure why they continue to force Scheifele and Huberdeau together as the two just don't play that we'll together.

Old
12-14-2012, 12:14 AM
garret9
AKA#VitoCorrelationi

Quote:

Huberdeau - RNH - Rattie

Hudon - Jenner - Danault
3 scoring lines... at least a finisher and distributer on each...
1 shutdown line with scoring touch...
some chemistry already made (CHL: Cam-Scheif, Strome-Ritchie; TC: Hub-Rattie)...

I could totally buy into this

Old
12-14-2012, 12:16 AM
truck
HFB Partner

Quote:

Huberdeau - RNH - Rattie

Hudon - Jenner - Danault
I am not worried. Scheifele has the smarts to play there. If Chemistry becomes an issue they can fall back into the tried and true pairings of Scheifele / Camara and MacKinnon / Drouin.

Old
12-14-2012, 01:35 AM
Tintin's Ghost

Pumped to see JC Lipon make the team. Undrafted 19 year-old, 3rd in the whole CHL in scoring and comes into camp and wins a spot as 4th line/13th forward. Impressive like Tanner Pearson. Regina boy represent

I hope he gets a shot to play with Scheifele. I hope he makes the most of this and they develop some chemistry and the Jets brass take notice. Then the season resumes. In late Feb, Hainsey is flipped for a 2nd rounder. In late June, Jets use their 2nd second rounder to select...

Closed Thread