HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Fantasy Hockey Talk > EA Sports NHL
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
EA Sports NHL Discussion forum for EA Sports NHL video games.

The Sitwell Enterprises League Discussion Thread

Closed Thread

Old
12-13-2012, 08:45 PM
ArGarBarGar
Global Moderator
Defense Please

vCash: 500
****ing Leopold out with a separated shoulder for the rest of the season. ****ing ridiculous.

Old
12-13-2012, 08:45 PM
matt1396

I think I went 5-???-??? during that block, but I think it's safe to say it was somewhat successful, but I could have used a block like that a long time ago.

Old
12-13-2012, 08:46 PM
Jack de la Hoya

Quote:
Originally Posted by slightlystewpid420 View Post
Up to you guys, i'd prefer to play them being the playoffs within grasp, but its up to you guys. Leaves 12 games(for me at least) to ensure a playoff spot.
The consensus earlier was to stick with the schedule. To sim this block and leave the last playable doesn't make sense, because the last one is short.

Old
12-13-2012, 08:48 PM
ChuckWoods

So for anyone that thinks they have been boned by injuries, just read this;

I acquire Mike Cammalleri after the 1st week.

He promptly gets injured for 21 games after I acquire him before getting to play a game.

I finished my block tonight and he just got 100% healthy, so I was excited to use him after the sim.

He has now been injured for another 41 games.

I have yet to use Mike Cammalleri, and it seems like I wont get too this regular season.

Old
12-13-2012, 08:52 PM
BoonesJenner

vCash: 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack de la Hoya View Post
The consensus earlier was to stick with the schedule. To sim this block and leave the last playable doesn't make sense, because the last one is short.
If we're sticking to the schedule why would I sim this one? I get to play the last 5 games but I know I'd rather play 7 games than 5.

Old
12-13-2012, 08:52 PM
dimes

Quote:
I'm on board with playing the last 2 to allow people to have a fair playoff race. I'm not biased since im 1st overall right now....

I just think that you work so hard all season, and I wouldn't want to leave it up to a 5 game sim to determine whether I made the playoffs or not.

Old
12-13-2012, 08:54 PM
dbridge
Bluth Lockout 2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckWoods View Post
So for anyone that thinks they have been boned by injuries, just read this;

I acquire Mike Cammalleri after the 1st week.

He promptly gets injured for 21 games after I acquire him before getting to play a game.

I finished my block tonight and he just got 100% healthy, so I was excited to use him after the sim.

He has now been injured for another 41 games.

I have yet to use Mike Cammalleri, and it seems like I wont get too this regular season.
I think I've played roughly 5 games with Corey Perry since getting him from you, and I just lost Chris Higgins, who has been my fill-in top line RW while Perry is out. Perry is supposed to be back for Game 1 of the playoffs though.

For what it's worth, I have 7 games this block, and I'll have 4 games the last block of the year. Also, to whomever I have to play once we figure out what to do, I won't be on tonight, but I will be after I take 2 finals tomorrow.

Old
12-13-2012, 08:55 PM
BoonesJenner

Quote:
Originally Posted by dimes View Post
I'm on board with playing the last 2 to allow people to have a fair playoff race. I'm not biased since im 1st overall right now....

I just think that you work so hard all season, and I wouldn't want to leave it up to a 5 game sim to determine whether I made the playoffs or not.
Being Columbus and not making the playoffs 2yrs in a row in tbc I know it sucks playing meaningless games and waiting all off season but for the teams on edge 12games is huge to making a final push into the playoffs.

Old
12-13-2012, 09:00 PM
DoubleK81

I've absolutely had it with this piece of **** ****ing game

Old
12-13-2012, 09:02 PM
PasswordIsTaco
2012 & 2014

Perron out 29 games, just great.

Old
12-13-2012, 09:06 PM
Jack de la Hoya

Quote:
If we're sticking to the schedule why would I sim this one? I get to play the last 5 games but I know I'd rather play 7 games than 5.
I agree. Some people didn't want to end the season on a sim. But I don't think it makes sense to change.

Quote:

You realize that you have the best SIM record in the western conference, right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleK81 View Post
I've absolutely had it with this piece of **** ****ing game
Why did you basically stop trying in the 1st period in a 2-0 game?

You iced the puck about 15 times in the 2nd and 3rd for no reason. I didn't know what you were planning, but I definitely wasn't putting Datsyuk and Zetterberg back out there with the way Hejda and Johnson were running around.

Last edited by Jack de la Hoya: 12-13-2012 at 09:16 PM.
Old
12-13-2012, 09:24 PM
DoubleK81

Quote:
Why did you basically stop trying in the 1st period in a 2-0 game?

You iced the puck about 15 times in the 2nd and 3rd for no reason. I didn't know what you were planning, but I definitely wasn't putting Datsyuk and Zetterberg back out there with the way Hejda and Johnson were running around.
NOTHING was going right. Pass to one player, goes 50ft away from them. Try to pass to another, goes off for a line change as the puck comes to their feet. Try to select a player, goes to someone across the ice completely away from the play. I am beyond frustrated with this game today. I've almost rage-quit 3 damn games.

I just wanted the puck out of my damn zone lol

Old
12-13-2012, 09:30 PM
matt1396

Quote:
I'm on board with playing the last 2 to allow people to have a fair playoff race. I'm not biased since im 1st overall right now....I just think that you work so hard all season, and I wouldn't want to leave it up to a 5 game sim to determine whether I made the playoffs or not.
I hate you....

Old
12-13-2012, 09:33 PM
xX Hot Fuss

Simming any of the last two blocks is dumb IMO. Enough of the season has been simmed. The non-playoff teams who don't want to wait an extra three days...too bad. Enough of my season had already been influenced by the sim. The very last sim period is only 4-5 games long. So stupid to sim it.

Old
12-13-2012, 09:41 PM
xX Hot Fuss

I have 11 games left in my season. I should be able to play them.

Old
12-13-2012, 09:43 PM
Jack de la Hoya

Quote:
Originally Posted by xX Hot Fuss View Post
Simming any of the last two blocks is dumb IMO. Enough of the season has been simmed. The non-playoff teams who don't want to wait an extra three days...too bad. Enough of my season had already been influenced by the sim. The very last sim period is only 4-5 games long. So stupid to sim it.
That's fine. I don't care either way. But weren't you the one who wanted half the games simmed when you set this little league off on its own?

Old
12-13-2012, 09:46 PM
ChuckWoods

Quote:
That's fine. I don't care either way. But weren't you the one who wanted half the games simmed when you set this little league off on its own?

He was.

My Feeling: Now that he's not simming well and there's a strong chance that he misses the playoffs... Playing these games is the only way its possible for him to make it.

It's not his league. He's been kind enough to put his "stamp" on it, but changing rules seems like it didnt go over too well in Bluth either.

His suggestions carry as much weight as yours and mine, and the majority has already spoken on the rule.

I think ONLY the last block should be played and the pace continue the way it was meant to be, and the original rules that were set out should be stuck to firmly.

Old
12-13-2012, 09:49 PM
BoonesJenner

Quote:
He was.

My Feeling: Now that he's not simming well and there's a strong chance that he misses the playoffs... Playing these games is the only way its possible for him to make it.

It's not his league. He's been kind enough to put his "stamp" on it, but changing rules seems like it didnt go over too well in Bluth either.

His suggestions carry as much weight as yours and mine, and the majority has already spoken on the rule.

I think ONLY the last block should be played and the pace continue the way it was meant to be, and the original rules that were set out should be stuck to firmly.
He wasn't suggesting we change the rule, nobody ever suggested that. I was just suggesting we skip the sim this last time so we can play our final games instead of having the CPU decide our fate.

Old
12-13-2012, 09:51 PM
Jack de la Hoya

Quote:
He wasn't suggesting we change the rule, nobody ever suggested that. I was just suggesting we skip the sim this last time so we can play our final games instead of having the CPU decide our fate.
I'm already on record as not caring, but has is that different from changing the "rule"? If we stick to the schedule, it would be simmed, right?

Honestly, I don't like the leaving-it-up-to-the-CPU argument. Who cares? That's half the games over the course of the year. That's the point.

I do think that the number of injuries that would be sustained in the final few games through a sim is a genuine and legitimate concern.

Old
12-13-2012, 09:55 PM
ChuckWoods

Quote:
Maybe I am failing to understand since I havent looked at the Schedule.

But if you're saying that THIS block is the 2nd last one and we would technically be "simming" the last block, then I agree that we should have simmed this one to take us to the very last block of the season and play that way.

I dont think we should play both this block and the last one tho.

Its a learning experience that we'll now know better for next season to count how many blocks we have left so we can alter the schedule and ensure we always land on the last block to play it.

Regardless, its not my league and I am more than happy to go with the majority rules.

But playing both these last two blocks is nearly the same as playing the last 20 games and kind of taking away from the lesser skilled guys that have developed a good simming team for themselves.

Last edited by ChuckWoods: 12-13-2012 at 10:01 PM.
Old
12-13-2012, 10:00 PM
PasswordIsTaco
2012 & 2014

Quote:
He was.

Why would you call someone out like this? Everyone's allowed to have their opinions.

I personally think we should be able to play the last 10-12 games of the season. We've simmed plenty of games in this league, people should have the chance to finish out the season playing their games.

Old
12-13-2012, 10:04 PM
ChuckWoods

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbokan View Post
Why would you call someone out like this? Everyone's allowed to have their opinions.

I personally think we should be able to play the last 10-12 games of the season. We've simmed plenty of games in this league, people should have the chance to finish out the season playing their games.
Why cry for a change of rules last minute?

I understand the want/need to play these last 10-12 games.

But if thats the case then why not sim more during the middle of the season?

Keep it 50/50 as advertised.

Old
12-13-2012, 10:10 PM
Swift Who
"We're all mad here"

Sorry for whoever had on their schedules, finals took a bit of time this semester (exams, essays and dissertations everywhere!) but I will be more active now.

Old
12-13-2012, 10:13 PM
PasswordIsTaco
2012 & 2014

Quote:
Why cry for a change of rules last minute?

I understand the want/need to play these last 10-12 games.

But if thats the case then why not sim more during the middle of the season?

Keep it 50/50 as advertised.
How is this last minute? It's the first season of a brand new league, the kinks are still being figured out, and the commissioner just asked tonight if we (as a league) want to play the last 2 blocks or sim one of them.

Everyone in the league is entitled to voice their opinions, and for you to call out one person saying they don't sim well and that's why they want to play the last 2 blocks of the season is ignorant and not necessary at all.

Old
12-13-2012, 10:15 PM
dimes

Quote:
You realize that you have the best SIM record in the western conference, right?
The perks of building both a good sim team and a team you can play with manually.

The Weber trade has really helped me out in sims, added some solid depth. And Rinne does his thing too.

Closed Thread