HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Notices

AHL – Amerks at Monsters – Thu Dec 13 – 7:00PM ET

Old
12-13-2012, 10:41 PM
ZZamboni
Puttin' on the Foil

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodhouse View Post
Girgensons has been effective; drawn two penalties, finishing checks, defensive awareness, protecting puck, taking it to the net, etc. What's the obsession with his offensive stats?
Don't you get it? An 18 yr. old first round draft pick should dominate and have little to no average or below average (what's exactly average ) games! He should have been a bright spot on the team and lead his line and team to win most nights. He obviously should already be developed and be solid offensively and defensively. He's a first rounder for gods sake!!!

ZZamboni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2012, 11:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZZamboni View Post
Don't you get it? An 18 yr. old first round draft pick should dominate and have little to no average or below average (what's exactly average ) games! He should have been a bright spot on the team and lead his line and team to win most nights. He obviously should already be developed and be solid offensively and defensively. He's a first rounder for gods sake!!!

I dont think many have a problem with how he has played in the AHL. I think a few poster including myself just realize that playing in the WHL or NCAA would have been a better developmental route moving foward. The jump from USHL to AHL is an incredibly large step and a year in one of those league would have been a good idea. I dont even think he would dominate the WHL as there are some very good teams and players. I dont think him playing in the AHL is as bad as some posters think as well though.

1972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2012, 12:55 AM
AmerksPuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZZamboni View Post

No, he just should be at Vermont...

AmerksPuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2012, 03:31 AM
heartsabres*

He is where he is. If you don´t trust Buffalo´s judgement when it comes to developing talant then you haven´t been paying attention

heartsabres* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2012, 08:11 AM
Jacob582

Quote:
I agree with most of the anti-Rolston sentiment, but I actually had no problem with Rolston finally showing some spine and benching Brennan for the second period. He's been taking a lot of undisciplined minors as of late, so hopefully the message was received. However, his absence really left the defense in a state of flux that period, as the five D were left with unfamiliar partners and looked gassed.

Idk when they're going to stop with the giveaways and turnovers though. Are Numminen and Patrick in Rochester at all? I think McNabb may need to sit next, his play was abysmal tonight and his mistakes are becoming more and more glaring on a nightly basis.

Also, what is Chadd Cassidy's specialty? Offense, defense, goal? I might look at axing him first before Rolston and adding a defensive assistant because if his specialty is defense, good lord.
Jay Mckee?

I believe I read that Chadd Cassidy handles the D rotations during the game. Not sure this makes his specialty defense.

Jacob582 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2012, 08:24 AM
SackTastic
Embrace The Suck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darcy Regier View Post
I dont think many have a problem with how he has played in the AHL. I think a few poster including myself just think that playing in the WHL or NCAA might have been a better developmental route moving foward. The jump from USHL to AHL is an incredibly large step and a year in one of those league would have been a good idea. I dont even think he would dominate the WHL as there are some very good teams and players. I dont think him playing in the AHL is as bad as some posters think as well though.
Fixed.

SackTastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2012, 08:36 AM
Tim Murray
HoF Turd Shiner

Girgs and whether he belongs in the AHL is about the worst topic on this board. Beaten to death yet people still can't let it go.

Tim Murray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2012, 08:54 AM
JPurp26

vCash: 300
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacob582 View Post
Jay Mckee?

I believe I read that Chadd Cassidy handles the D rotations during the game. Not sure this makes his specialty defense.
Correct,

Cassidy handles the D
Taylor handles the O
Janosz does goalies
and Rolston is the big man

JPurp26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2012, 08:57 AM
SackTastic
Embrace The Suck

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregor View Post
Girgs and whether he belongs in the AHL is about the worst topic on this board. Beaten to death yet people still can't let it go.
Pretty much. Same cycle that happens with pretty much every pick in the history of ever.

SackTastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2012, 09:14 AM
New Sabres Captain
ForFriendshipDikembe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beechsack View Post
Pretty much. Same cycle that happens with pretty much every pick in the history of ever.
If only we had other things to discuss...

I blame Bettman/Fehr.

Maybe we should start up a GCT: Miller vs Enroth

New Sabres Captain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2012, 01:28 PM
UncleBenny

Kevin Oklobzija ‏@kevinoDandC
Not that anyone cares right now but ... #Amerks D-man Mark Pysyk sat out Thurs. at LE with bruise (hand?). Will be good to go vs. #Marlies.

For those of us who jumped on Rolston for sitting Pysyk after his poor showing Tuesday.

UncleBenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2012, 01:48 PM
Zip15

vCash: 50
Quote:
In before someone asks, stream --> http://atdhenet.tv/52558/watch-roche...-erie-monsters

Pysyk is a healthy scratch. Parker had an early post. Porter in the low right slot chips in a nice Mancari pass (Foligno with second assist), but Monsters come right back and score two as Sgarbossa nets his tenth on a rebound (Thomas, Olver assists) and then Thomas from Sgarbossa on the PP.
See what you did, Woodhouse!

Zip15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2012, 02:02 PM
French Connection

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleBenny View Post
Kevin Oklobzija ‏@kevinoDandC
Not that anyone cares right now but ... #Amerks D-man Mark Pysyk sat out Thurs. at LE with bruise (hand?). Will be good to go vs. #Marlies.

For those of us who jumped on Rolston for sitting Pysyk after his poor showing Tuesday.
So how does the Brennan benching playout for next game, does he sit as per RR's beginning of years speeches on performance?

Hypocrites every last one of them.

French Connection is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2012, 02:10 PM
Woodhouse
Global Moderator

vCash: 666
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zip15 View Post
See what you did, Woodhouse!
Oh, come on! I didn't hear any mention of that bruise in the broadcast.

And I was only going off THIS tweet that called him "healthy"; Kevin O wasn't live-tweeting updates from last night's skate/game.
Quote:
Rob Sanderson ‏@DropThePuckWHTK
Mark Pysyk = healthy scratch for #Amerks. Not his best game Tues RT @alexcasilio: @DropThePuckWHTK Wheres Pysyk? please not hurt

Woodhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2012, 11:07 AM
Woodhouse
Global Moderator

vCash: 666
Half-assed highlights via RCH/LE:

Woodhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2012, 01:21 PM
Disengage