HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > Canadian Junior Hockey > OHL
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2

*OFFICIAL* Windsor Spitfires 2012-13 Season Thread (Part 6)

Closed Thread

Old
12-13-2012, 12:34 PM
hockeylegend11

vCash: 500
As a foot note to my previous post re Charles Inglis here are some of his stats
this year in 32 games has 11 goals and 8 assists along with 49 pims
Last yr playing with 2 teams he 19 goals and 23 assists in 52 games,with 92 PIM,while 2 years as an 18 year old playing for Prince
George Cougars his stats were 69 GP- 30 goals and 32 assists along with 141 pims
In his WHL career according to hockeyfights.com he has had 21 fights
Think of him as a Craig Hottot type with alot of skill,not big as he is 5"11 190 lbs

Old
12-13-2012, 12:35 PM
Tim Wallach

FYI for tonight from Kitchener's standpoint:

Gibson and Sterk return.

Faksa, Rieder, Murphy, Puempel, Bailey, Iafrate and Ming all out.

Old
12-13-2012, 01:48 PM
Spitsfan67*

So it's Czinder-Blocks return to the WFCU Center, maybe we see him in a scrap?.... Eventhough this Rangers team is missing big pieces you know there that the spits are in for a battle, Gibson or Palizzee it doesn't matter both of them are brick walls I say it will be low scoring, Physical game tonight 2 or 3 scraps and lots of hits, I'm going to say 3-2 Spits in Regulation...this game kicks off a huge week.

Old
12-13-2012, 02:28 PM
hockeylegend11

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeylegend11 View Post
Interesting stat going into the game tonite vs Kitchener,with all the players out for the rangers because of committments and injury,the 18 skaters expected to dress for them have a combined total of 25 goals scored excluding shootouts,if Ming and Sterk play make it 30 goals,if the Rangers score more then 2 I will be disappointed
On the subject of overagers the Rangers 2 consisting of Czinder and Alberga have combined for 5 pts while Emerson Clark has 8 pts ,while pts are not everything regarding o/a importance,it is easy to see that the Rangers need to upgrade that area big time
If a team cant score better to go with kids at least they should get better,the o/as I doubt it
Spits have a big edge in scoring for the game tonite best to take advantage
With the confirmed listing of Sterk in the Ranger lineup the 18 skaters have a total of 26 goals for the season,to put in context that is 7 more then Rychels 19,this the whole team folks
Only Gibson/Palazeese might prevent double digits
We shall see

Old
12-13-2012, 02:50 PM
Spitsfan67*

Quote:
With the confirmed listing of Sterk in the Ranger lineup the 18 skaters have a total of 26 goals for the season,to put in context that is 7 more then Rychels 19,this the whole team folks
We shall see
Your acting as if the spits are going to blow this team away and they won't and if the rangers didn't have Gibson or Franky P they still wouldn't its not like the spits have a lot of guns on this team, it's going to be a 3-2 or 4-3 kind of game.

Old
12-13-2012, 08:25 PM
massey

Quote:
We shall see
Insert your foot into your mouth,making comments like this will get you every time.Ho sang is exciting to watch but a long ways from star status some are talking about.2 give aways in front of own net.He is only a rookie.Good luck to him

Old
12-13-2012, 08:30 PM
RayzorIsDull

Give credit to the Rangers they played hard, were aggressive and capitalized on their chances but now on to Windsor. That was an embarrassing performance, no way to sugarcoat this. Rychel and Boughner need to stop with the 2014 talk and take a hard look in the mirror and ask themselves if they have a roster that wants to put in the work because I don't see it. No player should be safe on this team, if a player has real good value ship him out and start the rebuild the right way. This is pretty much the team you have going into next year because you don't have any draft picks.

Old
12-13-2012, 09:23 PM
OHLTG

Let's be fair for a second to the Spits; they played with them to the end. There were two reasons tonight's game turned out the way it did:

1. Non-call on Thomson for the hit on Sieloff. If that hit gets called like it should (I saw it clearly, at least 2 for CFB, if not 4), emotions are kept in check. That threw a huge monkey-wrench into everything.

2. Gibson stood on his head. In the third period, he made a pure paddle save, and followed it up with a save on the other side of the net second later. That would have made it a 3-2 game, instead of allowing Czinder to make it 4-1.

Sure, the Spits need guys who can finish, but they weren't fully at fault. The giveaway hurt, no question, as did the officiating. Gibson, though, stole the show.

What irritates me is Thomson ends up going with Murphy a bit after the Sieloff hit, despite others being on the ice that could have handled themselves better, and we lose Clark in a fight (same stoppage, same time, just got the major) to someone. That's two fairly key guys out when we didn't need it.

Old
12-13-2012, 09:34 PM
hockeylegend11

I never bail on team just because they played a bad game especially after said team had won the 4 previous games,if thats the case anybody rooting for or thinking a team like Plymouth is a good team now they have dropped 5 in a row including blowing a 3 goal lead in the third at SSm just the other nite
A bad outing does not make a season
That being said,Windsors best players clearly did not play well,effort was there,execution was not,Gibson was outstanding,officials were awful Windsor could not draw a penalty,only had 1 pp all nite,till the last 8 seconds,Rangers got their momentum from their opp on the pp
Thought the Spits started fine were outshooting the Rags 6-2 till a penalty,Rangers scored and for some reason the Spits stopped doing the right thing no excuses
Botton line bad game no reason to blow things up
If it is then 10 or more teams better do the same,ie Plymouth,SSM, etc

Old
12-13-2012, 09:38 PM
Libbs

Murphy is all of 5"10 and Thompson is 6"4'... didn't know Thompson was such a tough guy.

Old
12-13-2012, 09:45 PM
hockeylegend11

Quote:
Originally Posted by OHLTG View Post
Let's be fair for a second to the Spits; they played with them to the end. There were two reasons tonight's game turned out the way it did:

1. Non-call on Thomson for the hit on Sieloff. If that hit gets called like it should (I saw it clearly, at least 2 for CFB, if not 4), emotions are kept in check. That threw a huge monkey-wrench into everything.

2. Gibson stood on his head. In the third period, he made a pure paddle save, and followed it up with a save on the other side of the net second later. That would have made it a 3-2 game, instead of allowing Czinder to make it 4-1.

Sure, the Spits need guys who can finish, but they weren't fully at fault. The giveaway hurt, no question, as did the officiating. Gibson, though, stole the show.

What irritates me is Thomson ends up going with Murphy a bit after the Sieloff hit, despite others being on the ice that could have handled themselves better, and we lose Clark in a fight (same stoppage, same time, just got the major) to someone. That's two fairly key guys out when we didn't need it.
Agree with everything u say,add the non call on Posa,the hit from behind on Murphy that started the 2 fites,the trip or hook on Murphy thats missed and then he gets a penalty for a weak slash on the way up the ice terrible
Hosang had a bad night 2 giveaways directly leading to goals,anybody else notice Maletta was benched mid way thru the 2nd and did not see the ice for the rest of the nite,curious there were 9 or 10 others I may have benched 1st
Not one of our better nites,no reason to blow things up,goota give the Rangers credit they worked hard,got away with murder,were oppourntistic,and their goalie was their best player

Old
12-13-2012, 09:46 PM
punch1943

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayzorIsDull View Post
Give credit to the Rangers they played hard, were aggressive and capitalized on their chances but now on to Windsor. That was an embarrassing performance, no way to sugarcoat this. Rychel and Boughner need to stop with the 2014 talk and take a hard look in the mirror and ask themselves if they have a roster that wants to put in the work because I don't see it. No player should be safe on this team, if a player has real good value ship him out and start the rebuild the right way. This is pretty much the team you have going into next year because you don't have any draft picks.
Outworked,outplayed,out muscled by a good team that was missing some good players. Pavelka made a few good stops or this could have been even worse. It appeared there were a few passengers on the good ship Spitfire tonight. If they don't do an immediate about face they'll be on a three game losing streak before you know it.
2014 is as dead as Kelsey's nu*s.
As for being a third period team....yes perhaps during the 4 game win streak but tonight in the 3rd period it appeared we were circling the drain.
I thought I heard the Spitfire bomber warming up at the end of the game but I was mistaken...it was probably a charter from Porter airlines waiting to take some of these guys to destinations like Peterborough, Ottawa and Sudbury.
Hopefully by the next home game WR can find some new players who can play the old Spitfire brand of hockey.....

Old
12-13-2012, 09:46 PM
hockeylegend11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Libbs View Post
Murphy is all of 5"10 and Thompson is 6"4'... didn't know Thompson was such a tough guy.
Yeah I noticed that too,Thomson wanted no part of Bilcke aferwards

Old
12-13-2012, 09:47 PM
RayzorIsDull

We obviously disagree. I thought this game was lost after a lackluster 1st period and right after they tied it in the 2nd period they fall asleep to fall behind 2-1 then a horrible giveaway to make it 3-1.

The team was undisciplined eg. Sieloff and Murphy. This is the 2nd game that Murphy has taken a bonehead penalty. All this boils down to leadership, the team wasn't prepared to meet the intensity level of Kitchener. Who's going to tell Sieloff and Murphy to start being more disciplined? It's not going to be Clark or Posa that's for sure. It's time for Vail and Rychel to take ownership of this group if they don't want to take ownership then it's time to look in another direction. Those two have been around for close to 3 years now it's time to start taking the next step.

Management has to be better, coaching has to be better and performance on the ice has to get better. Through 33 games they have only had the lead after 2 periods 9 times, they don't score many goals, they have one of the worst goal differentials in the west. Christmas break can't come soon enough maybe the players can reflect if they are serious about making this team good.

Old
12-13-2012, 09:55 PM
OHLTG

Quote:
Agree with everything u say,add the non call on Posa,the hit from behind on Murphy that started the 2 fites,the trip or hook on Murphy thats missed and then he gets a penalty for a weak slash on the way up the ice terrible
Hosang had a bad night 2 giveaways directly leading to goals,anybody else notice Maletta was benched mid way thru the 2nd and did not see the ice for the rest of the nite,curious there were 9 or 10 others I may have benched 1st
Not one of our better nites,no reason to blow things up,goota give the Rangers credit they worked hard,got away with murder,were oppourntistic,and their goalie was their best player
I put the Sieloff/Thomson thing by itself because, if Thomson had been given four (which I thought was deserved...he hit Sieloff REAL good from behind), emotions would have been kept at check and the two fights wouldn't have happened later.

The non-call, followed by Murphy penalty, was right in front of me. The Rangers guy grabbed our jersey, which caused the Windsor guy to go off-balance and fall. The official looked at them and shook his head saying "no, no!"

Rayzor, you have to put yourself in Sieloff's skates with this one. He got nailed hard from behind (blood, stick to the neck, down for a while), with no call. Then he skates by the Rangers bench and they're chirping him? Would YOU not say a word or do anything? My guess is no. It's not as if Sieloff nailed some random guy and got two minutes. He was fuming and rightfully so. Sometimes, it's actually justified.

Old
12-13-2012, 10:00 PM
hockeylegend11

Quote:
We obviously disagree. I thought this game was lost after a lackluster 1st period and right after they tied it in the 2nd period they fall asleep to fall behind 2-1 then a horrible giveaway to make it 3-1.

The team was undisciplined eg. Sieloff and Murphy. This is the 2nd game that Murphy has taken a bonehead penalty. All this boils down to leadership, the team wasn't prepared to meet the intensity level of Kitchener. Who's going to tell Sieloff and Murphy to start being more disciplined? It's not going to be Clark or Posa that's for sure. It's time for Vail and Rychel to take ownership of this group if they don't want to take ownership then it's time to look in another direction. Those two have been around for close to 3 years now it's time to start taking the next step.

Management has to be better, coaching has to be better and performance on the ice has to get better. Through 33 games they have only had the lead after 2 periods 9 times, they don't score many goals, they have one of the worst goal differentials in the west. Christmas break can't come soon enough maybe the players can reflect if they are serious about making this team good.
It should be noted that the Spits are 7-0-0-2 when leading after 2,I am willing to give Murphy a mulligan,his slash was weak and should not have been called,afterall he was fouled that should have been called,bonehead too strong a word in my view ,the previous game he atoned for bad penalty by scoring the winner
As for Seiloff he had every right to be upset though he does need to wait later to get somebody
Usually Spits rebound after a bad game guess we will see Sat at Saginaw

Old
12-13-2012, 10:03 PM
RayzorIsDull

Quote:
Boughner was stewing right before the 3rd he was in the corridor at the 6 minute mark left in the 2nd intermission. I am just one of those guys who gets tired of giving credit to the opposition all the time. You can't just give credit to every team without looking at yourself in the mirror.

Old
12-13-2012, 10:06 PM
hockeylegend11

Quote:
Originally Posted by massey View Post
Insert your foot into your mouth,making comments like this will get you every time.Ho sang is exciting to watch but a long ways from star status some are talking about.2 give aways in front of own net.He is only a rookie.Good luck to him
I doubt ranger players read my post,that being said i know its a risk when stating stats facts,because games are played on ice not on paper
Poop happens

Old
12-13-2012, 10:44 PM
RayzorIsDull

Quote:
It should be noted that the Spits are 7-0-0-2 when leading after 2,I am willing to give Murphy a mulligan,his slash was weak and should not have been called,afterall he was fouled that should have been called,bonehead too strong a word in my view ,the previous game he atoned for bad penalty by scoring the winner
As for Seiloff he had every right to be upset though he does need to wait later to get somebody
Usually Spits rebound after a bad game guess we will see Sat at Saginaw
You could see that slash and frustration coming though. It wasn't a good call but you can't put the referee in that position.

If you have only led 9 games after 2 periods 33 games into the year that's a very poor sign.

We will see if they rebound but what be even better is if they actually lay it on a team and play a complete game because that hasn't really happened in ages.

Reading the comments Boughner wasn't very happy. Some ole stuff from the players though "didn't match their intensity, didn't get bodies in front." This isn't a very young team anymore in fact they had more experience than Kitchener coming into the game. Play out the final 2 games and make the changes after the break.

Old
12-13-2012, 10:53 PM
hockeylegend11

Quote:
You could see that slash and frustration coming though. It wasn't a good call but you can't put the referee in that position.

If you have only led 9 games after 2 periods 33 games into the year that's a very poor sign.

We will see if they rebound but what be even better is if they actually lay it on a team and play a complete game because that hasn't really happened in ages.

Reading the comments Boughner wasn't very happy. Some ole stuff from the players though "didn't match their intensity, didn't get bodies in front." This isn't a very young team anymore in fact they had more experience than Kitchener coming into the game. Play out the final 2 games and make the changes after the break.
The beating score wise should have been delivered tonite,I guess thats why games are played on the ice,rather then blogs,I just want 3 or 4 pts this weekend,wont be easy,Seiloff is off to the US team,though he will be joined by Trochek from Saginaw,Spirit also missing Patterson as he is the 3rd tender for team canada
The hounds will have Sproul back since he did not make team Canada,they wont be easy

Old
12-13-2012, 11:22 PM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Hey guys I was hoping to get some input on Kerby Rychel. I've seen him a few times and the play I've seen doesn't really match the scouting reports. I've read power forward qualities but what I've actually seen is a bit more like a opportunistic sniper type, who sneaks into scoring areas and can bury the puck. Doesn't seem like a particularly high energy player or a wrecking ball kind of guy. Obviously he's got a little bit of a chip on his shoulder and has shown many times he can handle himself in a scrap, but I don't see him running around looking for trouble. He strikes me a your classic quiet sniper who sort of sneaks in and pots goals. Usually those guys are pretty soft, but this one jus happens to be a tough SOB even if his actual game during play doesn't really show it.

Am I way off? Anywhere near close? Like I said I've only seen him a few times.

Thanks.

12-13-2012, 11:30 PM
etr102

I thought some of you guys would be amused by the 'Silent Auction' at tonight's game. The last 3 home games have had silent auctions in the concourse for game worn jersey's in support of a charity. Essentially you right your name and bid down on a piece of paper.

The first night, the auction was for Ellis and Kassian game worn jerseys. I think they went for around $350/ea.

The second night, the auction was for Campbell and Marchese game worn jerseys. I think they went for around $300/ea.

Tonight, the auction was for Bateman and Devlin game worn jerseys! Not surprisingly there were no bidders when I walked by the table in the concourse. I didn't hear of anybody 'winning' the auction either.

Old
12-13-2012, 11:32 PM
Windsor Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by rt View Post
Hey guys I was hoping to get some input on Kerby Rychel. I've seen him a few times and the play I've seen doesn't really match the scouting reports. I've read power forward qualities but what I've actually seen is a bit more like a opportunistic sniper type, who sneaks into scoring areas and can bury the puck. Doesn't seem like a particularly high energy player or a wrecking ball kind of guy. Obviously he's got a little bit of a chip on his shoulder and has shown many times he can handle himself in a scrap, but I don't see him running around looking for trouble. He strikes me a your classic quiet sniper who sort of sneaks in and pots goals. Usually those guys are pretty soft, but this one jus happens to be a tough SOB even if his actual game during play doesn't really show it.

Am I way off? Anywhere near close? Like I said I've only seen him a few times.

Thanks.
If you add LAZY you'd be even closer!

Old
12-13-2012, 11:47 PM
Spitsfan67*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windsor Chief View Post
If you add LAZY you'd be even closer!
Hahahah sounds about right, he's an opportunist sniper in my view...he dose t hustle and I here ppl screaming skate, he's a bum...who is supposed to be are BEST player and set examples well he is but mostly bad ones, in my opinion a step down from last year it seems as if he thinks his **** don't stink, and deserves to get layed into by the coaches to hustle more and haul his *** skating to the bench and back into the defensive zone, he deserves a game in the stands but obviously he won't because he's daddy's boy....

Old
12-14-2012, 04:45 AM
punch1943

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitsfan67 View Post
Hahahah sounds about right, he's an opportunist sniper in my view...he dose t hustle and I here ppl screaming skate, he's a bum...who is supposed to be are BEST player and set examples well he is but mostly bad ones, in my opinion a step down from last year it seems as if he thinks his **** don't stink, and deserves to get layed into by the coaches to hustle more and haul his *** skating to the bench and back into the defensive zone, he deserves a game in the stands but obviously he won't because he's daddy's boy....
The one thing he does do well is put the puck in the net. If you had to compare him to an NHL player he'd be the Dave Andreychuk/Phil Esposito type player ... picking up the leftovers and scoring garbage goals from the hash marks in. He is not a hustler and doesn't stand in the crease blocking the goalie. He plays well if he has someone to feed him the puck. He plays well on the PP where he has more room to move around. The problem here is that we don't have a top flight center. Our best players are wingers at least until Ho-Sang learns to pass off more efficiently.

Closed Thread