HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Hockey Talk by Country > Russia

Russian Prospect Line (1994 to 1990)

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
12-14-2012, 01:24 AM
  #26
Fulcrum
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Toronto, ON
Country: Russian Federation
Posts: 2,605
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by cska78 View Post
yes, his value may have been overrated, but he ruined his career by staying in NA
I saw him play a few games in person, back then it was really hard to say that he was overrated. He looked so crafty with the a puck for a big guy. His passing and vision were really good too (typical style for good Russian forwards).

The only logical thing I can think of is that the coaches discouraged him from being creative as much and asked him to play more physical, 'to use his size'. Which would be dumb considering his strengths when he played jr.

Fulcrum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2012, 05:12 AM
  #27
Peter25
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 2,453
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fulcrum View Post
I saw him play a few games in person, back then it was really hard to say that he was overrated. He looked so crafty with the a puck for a big guy. His passing and vision were really good too (typical style for good Russian forwards).

The only logical thing I can think of is that the coaches discouraged him from being creative as much and asked him to play more physical, 'to use his size'. Which would be dumb considering his strengths when he played jr.
It saddens me to say this, but Pedan is just another Russian player ruined by inadequate coaching in North America. Will they ever learn? *sigh*

Peter25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2012, 05:13 AM
  #28
Peter25
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 2,453
vCash: 500
It is scary to think what would have happened to Pavel Datsyuk and Sergei Zubov had they gone to North America at 17.

Peter25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2012, 01:56 PM
  #29
Yakushev72
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 2,089
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by cska78 View Post
yes, his value may have been overrated, but he ruined his career by staying in NA
I thought he was Russia's best player in 2009 in Ottawa. Malkin/Yakushev size, really fast skater, excellent puck handler, tough....everything that is needed to be a great player. Your explanation of being ruined by staying in NA is the only plausible explanation.

Yakushev72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2012, 01:57 PM
  #30
Yakushev72
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 2,089
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter25 View Post
It is scary to think what would have happened to Pavel Datsyuk and Sergei Zubov had they gone to North America at 17.
Datsyuk would have been a mucking, grinding forward - or, he would be in the AHL.

Yakushev72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2012, 08:38 PM
  #31
Dynamo81
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Moscow,Russia
Posts: 1,249
vCash: 500
Here's a list of the all-time best Russian scorers in the history of the CHL before 2012-13 for anyone interested.

Russians in CHL
RankNameGPGoalsAssistsPTS
1Konstantin Panov-WHL195120116236
2Alexander Radulov-QMJHL12793134227
3Vitali Yachmenev-OHL125114104218
4Denis Shvidki-OHL 12276124200
5Nail Yakupov-OHL1078090170
6Ivan Telegin-OHL 1568187168
7Dmitri Afanasenkov-QMJHL 1258478162
8Nikita Alexeev-OHL 1897288160
9Oleg Saprykin-WHL 1147782159
10Maxim Spiridonov-OHL1218566151

Dynamo81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2012, 12:08 AM
  #32
wings5
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,111
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dynamo81 View Post
Here's a list of the all-time best Russian scorers in the history of the CHL before 2012-13 for anyone interested.

Russians in CHL
RankNameGPGoalsAssistsPTS
1Konstantin Panov-WHL195120116236
2Alexander Radulov-QMJHL12793134227
3Vitali Yachmenev-OHL125114104218
4Denis Shvidki-OHL 12276124200
5Nail Yakupov-OHL1078090170
6Ivan Telegin-OHL 1568187168
7Dmitri Afanasenkov-QMJHL 1258478162
8Nikita Alexeev-OHL 1897288160
9Oleg Saprykin-WHL 1147782159
10Maxim Spiridonov-OHL1218566151
Many didn't have such bad european careers tbh.

wings5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:05 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.