Get well soon Kimmo

vCash: 500
Ugh.

Lines for tonight:

Pedersen-Sterk-Marcantuoni
Thomson-Alberga-Czinder
Llewellyn-Meighan-Grant
Learn-Schmalz-Blasby

Also, Frankie and Iafrate are scratches in addition to all the injured/missing players.

Old
12-13-2012, 06:14 PM
EvenSteven

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieGirl View Post
Ugh.

Lines for tonight:

Pedersen-Sterk-Marcantuoni
Thomson-Alberga-Czinder
Llewellyn-Meighan-Grant
Learn-Schmalz-Blasby

Also, Frankie and Iafrate are scratches in addition to all the injured/missing players.

Um, call me crazy, but with the Rangers offering Meighan around the league (ie, in trying to acquire Shoemakers or Hottot) wouldn't you think they'd at least try and maximize his value by playing him on a line with better players? No disrespect, but Llewellyn and Grant are in the pressbox if this team is 100% healthy.

I'd have played Meighan between Thomson and MM instead of Sterk. Are they afraid Meighan might get a point or two?

Old
12-13-2012, 06:29 PM
CharlieGirl
Get well soon Kimmo

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvenSteven View Post
Um, call me crazy, but with the Rangers offering Meighan around the league (ie, in trying to acquire Shoemakers or Hottot) wouldn't you think they'd at least try and maximize his value by playing him on a line with better players? No disrespect, but Llewellyn and Grant are in the pressbox if this team is 100% healthy.

I'd have played Meighan between Thomson and MM instead of Sterk. Are they afraid Meighan might get a point or two?
I'm beyond trying to figure out how these lines are ever formed. But in looking at the rest of the lineup, I'm not sure there is much better... that's just painful to look at.

Old
12-13-2012, 07:02 PM
KnightRanger

At least with Murphy gone to team Canada that free's up about 40 minutes a night for the young guys to get some experience! Problem is its going to be all defensive experience as the majority of the next how many games will be played in our end!!!!

Old
12-14-2012, 01:08 AM
RangerFan14

JW is anyone that commented for the last page and a half a true ranger fan???? Cause all I read is negativity! Yes Spott sometimes makes horrible decisions! Yes with out Reider, Puempel, Faksa, and Murphy this team doesn't look too strong! After reading the hate on the line-ups tonight, you would think the rangers would automatically lose this game. After watching tonight I had no problem with these line-ups. It was a solid game out of the rangers tonight, even with all the injuries and scratches. But onto my question when the rangers get healthy..... which they will, why shouldn't spott try to go for it! You know what I'd rather have him go for it then stay put. Reading this thread it seems everyone wants him to sell. I understand that the Rangers don't have many picks lined up for the next few years, but every team goes through a rough couple years to get back on track. We can't do any worse then Erie has. So basically in a nut shell my true question is, If we buy (which I think is the thing to do with the talent we have already) who out there could Spott truly pick up, with the young talent/ lack of draft picks we have left?

Old
12-14-2012, 09:30 AM
Tim Wallach

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerFan14 View Post
JW is anyone that commented for the last page and a half a true ranger fan????
You lost me at that.
No offence, but I tune out posters who suggest you're not a true fan if you're critical.

Old
12-14-2012, 09:42 AM
RayzorIsDull

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Wallach View Post
You lost me at that.
No offence, but I tune out posters who suggest you're not a true fan if you're critical.
Those are the worst debates, who's a better fan because one is not critical or goes to all of the games and that makes them a true fan.

Old
12-14-2012, 09:45 AM
Mikksy

It's time to trade Franky Palazzese.

Look at the Rangers' draft cupboard. That's a scary, scary place. With the return Franky would bring them, you either re-fill that cupboard, add quality scoring options for this year or fill whatever need you want really, he's the statistical number one goalie in the league.

You don't sit on the OHL goalie of the month and use him sparingly in case your number one horse goes down.

If I'm Spott, I've already said Gibson is (to quote Bill Daly) the hill I die on.

You can trade Franky and get the same or greater return you'd get by trading Bailey. He'd go to an east team taking a run, or he'd go to a middling team with team personnel trying to keep their job with a playoff run.

If Gibson goes down, that's the risk you take. There's always backups that can be acquired.

London went with Houser all year and in essence had no contingency plan if he had gone down.

Spott needs to make the hard decisions, trade this guy and get the boat-load in return that would put us over the Londons and Owen Sounds.

Old
12-14-2012, 09:45 AM
Tim Wallach

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayzorIsDull View Post
Those are the worst debates, who's a better fan because one is not critical or goes to all of the games and that makes them a true fan.
Exactly. It just nauseates me. The majority of posters I see on here are rational, well-spoken people who obviously follow the team closely. And there is a fair bit of balance on here.

Old
12-14-2012, 10:13 AM
aresknights

Quote:
Spott needs to make the hard decisions, trade this guy and get the boat-load in return that would put us over the Londons and Owen Sounds.
BF--What do you think Spott could fetch for Frank? (and I do agree if they go for it you may have to move him and hope Gibsons finest continues to roll along injury free)

I think that would be a start to narrowing the gap but moving Frank alone wont get ya to the promised land IMO.

Old
12-14-2012, 10:23 AM
Mikksy

Quote:
Originally Posted by aresknights View Post
BF--What do you think Spott could fetch for Frank? (and I do agree if they go for it you may have to move him and hope Gibsons finest continues to roll along injury free)

I think that would be a start to narrowing the gap but moving Frank alone wont get ya to the promised land IMO.
Spott's been taking offers of multiple 2nds and 3rds for Frank and/or scoring wingers that are leaps and bounds above Kitchener's depth guys.

With goal support, Kitchener's D and Gibson can play with less excruciating pressure every night.

In my opinion, that's enough.

Old
12-14-2012, 10:26 AM
Blind Gardien
Global Moderator
nexus of the crisis

Another thread hits the 1,000 post limit. Continue here SVP...

http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh....php?t=1307823

Closed Thread