Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2

*OFFICIAL* Sarnia Sting 2012-13 Season Thread

Closed Thread

Old
12-07-2012, 06:07 PM
massey

vCash: 500
Sting jersey wanted

Looking where to buy a quality white and gold #94 sting jersey with quality name tag sewn.We have had one ordered at the Sting giftshop since about the first preseason game in Sept and still no call.We check on it almost every week with lots of excuses.HELP.Thanks

Old
12-09-2012, 06:13 PM
massey

Record for JP Anderson

Congrats to JP for his most wins in OHL record well deserved for sure.

Old
12-09-2012, 06:23 PM
massey

D'Angelo needs to go.Lets trade him.I know some on here things he will nip us in the butt if we do.Not me. He has did nothing for 2 months.Someone in the off season must have told him a few things
1.He is a tough guy,Gets mad everytime somebody touches him
2 No need to pass the puck unless he is in trouble or give to the opposition
3 He is now a forward,I checked my program and states he is on defence
4 We you skate down and loose the puck,it is OK to free skate back.
5 It is ok to mouth off and push the linesman,they totally understand.

He is a liabilty to the team now.nice 2x10 min penalities. Lets put Nemecek or Diapalo in his place.Can't be any worse.

Old
12-09-2012, 07:07 PM
lazyboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by massey View Post
D'Angelo needs to go.Lets trade him.I know some on here things he will nip us in the butt if we do.Not me. He has did nothing for 2 months.Someone in the off season must have told him a few things
1.He is a tough guy,Gets mad everytime somebody touches him
2 No need to pass the puck unless he is in trouble or give to the opposition
3 He is now a forward,I checked my program and states he is on defence
4 We you skate down and loose the puck,it is OK to free skate back.
5 It is ok to mouth off and push the linesman,they totally understand.

He is a liabilty to the team now.nice 2x10 min penalities. Lets put Nemecek or Diapalo in his place.Can't be any worse.
Count me in as one of DeAngelo's biggest fans from day#1. I honestly thought the sting found themselves their own Ryan Ellis. A year and half later I have to admit that my patience has worn thin. He has all the skill necessary to succeed but either his temperament or ego or hockey IQ won't allow his development to advance. His skill set is unreal, even Elite but I too have finally given up on his ability to be successful at the next level. All that said, even given his liabilities, he can be successful at the ohl level so before dumping him off at least give it an earnest effort in rehabilitation with a humbling 'healthy scratch' or 2 (not that I think that will have any effect). If that doesn't work than I would have to agree that his best asset to the sting is what he'd get back in a trade.

Old
12-10-2012, 09:17 AM
dansk55

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazyboy View Post
Count me in as one of DeAngelo's biggest fans from day#1. I honestly thought the sting found themselves their own Ryan Ellis. A year and half later I have to admit that my patience has worn thin. He has all the skill necessary to succeed but either his temperament or ego or hockey IQ won't allow his development to advance. His skill set is unreal, even Elite but I too have finally given up on his ability to be successful at the next level. All that said, even given his liabilities, he can be successful at the ohl level so before dumping him off at least give it an earnest effort in rehabilitation with a humbling 'healthy scratch' or 2 (not that I think that will have any effect). If that doesn't work than I would have to agree that his best asset to the sting is what he'd get back in a trade.
I totally agree... before cutting him loose, try him upfront...the kid has anger management issues...and if you're going to sit him, sit him for a few games until he gets the picture.
So why isn't Nemecek playing? Or Dipalo...send them to Jr. B... or cut em loose. sitting isn't helping either, or is Jock hoping they'll quit to save face?

Old
12-10-2012, 11:59 AM
BoxerMax

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazyboy View Post
@Massey, you beat me to it.

Making DeAngelo a healthy scratch wont work. He already hates JB and he would probably just leave the team which would really hurt his trade value. I will be extreamly surprised if he has not been traded before the deadline this year.

Old
12-10-2012, 07:48 PM
massey

Quote:
Originally Posted by dansk55 View Post
I totally agree... before cutting him loose, try him upfront...the kid has anger management issues...and if you're going to sit him, sit him for a few games until he gets the picture.
So why isn't Nemecek playing? Or Dipalo...send them to Jr. B... or cut em loose. sitting isn't helping either, or is Jock hoping they'll quit to save face?
I could agree with trying D'angelo on forward.Why not or would he loose his trade value??? He can be as mad at JB as he wants but if I was coaching,he would be warming the bench until he got that temper under control to start with.JB is playing him much more than I would.We need Diapalo when we play teams like the Soo to keep their goons in check.I was surprised he didnt dress yesterday.

Old
12-13-2012, 03:58 PM
Shaun Bisson

I'm gonna to a bit of a reply all to the Anthony DeAngelo talk on here and present my opinion on the situation.

Before I do that, hey Youngblood. At the games this weekend? I'm trying to procure a press pass for them.

Okay, now to DeAngelo.

Kid is wickedly talented, and moves the puck like no one else. The ease with which he skates blows my mind. He has plenty of upside but there is a point at which you need to draw the line, especially with the attitude he has displayed and the defensive liability he has become on the team.

I don't mind him rushing the puck, but he doesn't know when to pick and choose his spots. I feel like DeAngelo believes that anytime he is on the ice it is acceptable to rush the puck, and in the games of Sarnia's that I've watched this year he's sometimes rushed the puck multiple times a shift. When that happens he rarely shows heart in getting back and often just loafs around out there.

Along with that, he gets way too mad when his rushes don't work and I've watched him break sticks, slam doors, and scream incessantly way too many times. Last weekend on the Sunday he took two 10min misconduct penalties because of these little temper tantrums and I feel as if that game is a microcosm of DeAngelo's season. He can create magic, but he often becomes a liability because of his selfishness and his attitude is a negative thing in the dressing room.

One of my sources believes that Jacques won't trade him because he is the one who drafted DeAngelo and that Jacques is a believer in his talent rather than the potential downside of him. At this point I feel like DeAngelo's days are numbered with the Sting, especially if he keeps showing up and playing the way he has been lately. But that is just a personal opinion.I'm not a fan of his and he hasn't done anything to convince me otherwise.

Last edited by Shaun Bisson: 12-13-2012 at 04:07 PM.
Old
12-14-2012, 09:06 AM
BoxerMax

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaun Bisson View Post
I'm gonna to a bit of a reply all to the Anthony DeAngelo talk on here and present my opinion on the situation.

Before I do that, hey Youngblood. At the games this weekend? I'm trying to procure a press pass for them.

Okay, now to DeAngelo.

Kid is wickedly talented, and moves the puck like no one else. The ease with which he skates blows my mind. He has plenty of upside but there is a point at which you need to draw the line, especially with the attitude he has displayed and the defensive liability he has become on the team.

I don't mind him rushing the puck, but he doesn't know when to pick and choose his spots. I feel like DeAngelo believes that anytime he is on the ice it is acceptable to rush the puck, and in the games of Sarnia's that I've watched this year he's sometimes rushed the puck multiple times a shift. When that happens he rarely shows heart in getting back and often just loafs around out there.

Along with that, he gets way too mad when his rushes don't work and I've watched him break sticks, slam doors, and scream incessantly way too many times. Last weekend on the Sunday he took two 10min misconduct penalties because of these little temper tantrums and I feel as if that game is a microcosm of DeAngelo's season. He can create magic, but he often becomes a liability because of his selfishness and his attitude is a negative thing in the dressing room.

One of my sources believes that Jacques won't trade him because he is the one who drafted DeAngelo and that Jacques is a believer in his talent rather than the potential downside of him. At this point I feel like DeAngelo's days are numbered with the Sting, especially if he keeps showing up and playing the way he has been lately. But that is just a personal opinion.I'm not a fan of his and he hasn't done anything to convince me otherwise.
Shaun, great post, I couldn't of said it better myself.

Old
12-14-2012, 11:17 AM
Shaun Bisson

Sarnia Sting send OA Craig Hottot (who previously walked away from the team) to Mississauga for a 2013 3rd round pick (Belleville's) and a 2015 6th round pick. Via the Sarnia Sting twitter account.

Old
12-14-2012, 11:20 AM
Marc the Habs Fan
Cakes!

vCash: 567
So does this mean the Sting now try to add a solid OA in that 3rd OA spot?

Old
12-14-2012, 11:23 AM
Shaun Bisson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan View Post
So does this mean the Sting now try to add a solid OA in that 3rd OA spot?
It's a distinct possibility. However, the team is playing well right now and might not want to mess up the chemistry that they've developed. The play between Christmas and the trade deadline will dictate whether or not they become buyers or sellers. Also depends on what OA's are available on trade blocks throughout the league.

Old
12-14-2012, 11:59 AM
dean youngblood82
HFB Partner

Quote:
Sarnia Sting send OA Craig Hottot (who previously walked away from the team) to Mississauga for a 2013 3rd round pick (Belleville's) and a 2015 6th round pick. Via the Sarnia Sting twitter account.
Good return for a player that no longer wanted to play on this team. Hottot will certainly help the Missy Steelheads team as well.

Old
12-14-2012, 12:20 PM
Luvtowatch

Quote:
Originally Posted by dean youngblood82 View Post
Good return for a player that no longer wanted to play on this team. Hottot will certainly help the Missy Steelheads team as well.
Why did he want off the team?

Old
12-14-2012, 12:36 PM
krauss72

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luvtowatch View Post
Ummmm, you don't open that can of worms again. Lets just say he and Jacko don't see eye to eye and leave it at that.

Old
12-14-2012, 01:22 PM
massey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luvtowatch View Post
Only he will know.He and Jocko didnt see eye to eye.As a sting fan,he totally disappointed me this year.Dumb penalities,standing around the ice like a pilon,no hard work and no leadership.Good draft picks considering.Still wont replace a Charlitti.the sting in my eyes are about on good forward and D man maybe advancing farther in the playoffs although they are playing well other than D'Angelo right now.

Old
12-14-2012, 01:47 PM
dean youngblood82
HFB Partner

Quote:
Only he will know.He and Jocko didnt see eye to eye.As a sting fan,he totally disappointed me this year.Dumb penalities,standing around the ice like a pilon,no hard work and no leadership.Good draft picks considering.Still wont replace a Charlitti.the sting in my eyes are about on good forward and D man maybe advancing farther in the playoffs although they are playing well other than D'Angelo right now.

I just wish you could spell DeAngelo right haha

Old
12-14-2012, 01:54 PM
Shaun Bisson

Quote:
I just wish you could spell DeAngelo right haha
Post of the year. It's sad how many people get his name wrong. I saw a DeAngelo jersey at a Sting game earlier this year that had a name plate that read "D'Angelo"

Old
12-14-2012, 01:54 PM
dean youngblood82
HFB Partner

Quote:
They traded Chiarlitti because he received the most interest (and hence value) of all the OAs and defensemen (an area of depth).

Looking back at the Chiarlitti trade (Conditional 5th, 2013 10th, 2015 2nd) and comparing it to this Hottot trade, I either think:

a) JB got great value for Hottot, considering the situation

and/or,

b) Sarnia deserved more in the Chiarlitti deal.

Everyone hated to see Chiarlitti dealt but it was a move that made the most sense to recoup a few assets (draft picks were needed).

Old
12-14-2012, 02:00 PM
Shaun Bisson

Quote:
They traded Chiarlitti because he received the most interest (and hence value) of all the OAs and defensemen (an area of depth).

Looking back at the Chiarlitti trade (Conditional 5th, 2013 10th, 2015 2nd) and comparing it to this Hottot trade, I either think:

a) JB got great value for Hottot, considering the situation

and/or,

b) Sarnia deserved more in the Chiarlitti deal.

Everyone hated to see Chiarlitti dealt but it was a move that made the most sense to recoup a few assets (draft picks were needed).
I think both of those are accurate. I would have liked to have seen Sarnia get a bit more in return for Chiarlitti, but Hottot is a good player, for as much may be going on up in his head. The 10th rounder that they got for Nathan is the only drawback to that deal for Sarnia, especially considering the 5th is conditional.

Old
12-14-2012, 02:15 PM
dean youngblood82
HFB Partner

Quote:
I think both of those are accurate. I would have liked to have seen Sarnia get a bit more in return for Chiarlitti, but Hottot is a good player, for as much may be going on up in his head. The 10th rounder that they got for Nathan is the only drawback to that deal for Sarnia, especially considering the 5th is conditional.
I am not sure what the condition on the 5th rd pick is but it's likely based on Owen Sound making playoffs or Chiarlitti playing a set number of games. I am sure they will get the pick regardless

Old
12-15-2012, 12:03 AM
Shaun Bisson

Went to Sarnia vs Guelph tonight. Sarnia's first line of Gally-Sarault-Boucer is an NHL line right now. Doesn't hurt that they've got arguably the best D-man in the league in Connor Murphy and one of the hottest goalies right now in Anderson. Galchenyuk scored quite possibly the filthiest wrist shot I've seen all year. Every time I see him play I become more and more impressed.

Old
12-15-2012, 08:49 AM
hockeylegend11

Quote:
Went to Sarnia vs Guelph tonight. Sarnia's first line of Gally-Sarault-Boucer is an NHL line right now. Doesn't hurt that they've got arguably the best D-man in the league in Connor Murphy and one of the hottest goalies right now in Anderson. Galchenyuk scored quite possibly the filthiest wrist shot I've seen all year. Every time I see him play I become more and more impressed.
Sarnia probably hoping NHL does not start up because its appears Galchenyuk and Murphy are NHL ready
One or both gone would be devastating to the Sting,doubt they could hold on to 1st in their division

Old
12-15-2012, 09:11 AM
krauss72

According to London Free Press Sarnia is bidding for Mem Cup along with London, Barrie, and Windsor. I've heard the rumours all along but wondering if that is speculation or if we have formally started the bid process. A concern might be the strength of are team next year with Murphy, Boucher, Galy, Sarault and Anderson all gone. If we are serious then we have some tough decisions to make in the next few weeks.

Old
12-15-2012, 09:26 AM
doogie24

Don't mean to be overly negative, It would be cool if Sarnia got the bid. But if the team is bleeding money each year like the owners say, how would they be able to come up with a serious plan that ensures the tournament makes its money?

Is it safe to say Galchenyuk is the best player in the league right now? (Griffith would be a close one for this title as well) Every time I look at a scoresheet I see that line with a few points each.

Closed Thread