HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > Canadian Junior Hockey > OHL

*OFFICIAL* London Knights 2012-13 Season Thread (Part 2)

Closed Thread

Old
12-12-2012, 04:35 PM
Snippit

vCash: 500
With the way Catennaci has been playing at WJC camp, you could see him against the Knights by Friday. If he gets cut tonight, it's definitely a possibility.

Old
12-14-2012, 10:35 AM
aresknights

Id expect Cat to be in the lineup if at all possible (and it should be) Hes a heart and sould guy and the engine for that 1st unit

ALways look forward to the Ktown, OS , Spit games and even thou were missing a whack of D tonight is no different.
Binnington obviously out but Hope is a solid BUG. And Knights fans will always be appreciative of the fact this kid continues to honour/remember/ pay tribute to Ian Jenkins, his family and HAP!! Well done kid, now just let us bag one early, the seats can get cramped with all those bears lying around

Off to grab a few more stuffed toys. Hoping for 10000 total minimun from the masses at the "new Gardens"

Old
12-14-2012, 12:17 PM
Knights77
Gongshow Ninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by aresknights View Post
Id expect Cat to be in the lineup if at all possible (and it should be) Hes a heart and sould guy and the engine for that 1st unit

ALways look forward to the Ktown, OS , Spit games and even thou were missing a whack of D tonight is no different.
Binnington obviously out but Hope is a solid BUG. And Knights fans will always be appreciative of the fact this kid continues to honour/remember/ pay tribute to Ian Jenkins, his family and HAP!! Well done kid, now just let us bag one early, the seats can get cramped with all those bears lying around

Off to grab a few more stuffed toys. Hoping for 10000 total minimun from the masses at the "new Gardens"
Agreed, I have season tickets in very top row of the upper bowl (by choice) and enjoy hitting some unsuspecting lower bowler with several teddies. My excuse is that I need their help getting it all the way to the ice...its a long way!

Old
12-14-2012, 08:09 PM
Snippit

It's Griffith

Old
12-14-2012, 08:11 PM
Krishna

vCash: 50

Knights' bear toss from tonight

Old
12-14-2012, 09:22 PM
KnightRanger

Griffith X2......19 in a row!

Old
12-14-2012, 09:59 PM
sbrug

Unreal

Owen Sound should have been able to score more than 2 goals on a team that had 2 regular defencemen playing.

I look forward to further matchups with them with Harrington, Maatta, Zadorov, Raine and Domi in the lineup.

Old
12-14-2012, 10:06 PM
Snippit

Did we just break 2 records today?

-Longest franchise winning streak
-Most teddy bears in franchise history

Old
12-14-2012, 11:15 PM
Knights77
Gongshow Ninja

Griffith really took the team on his back especially after Domi got the gate. Great game! Ok, so wtf is going on with Ryan Rupert!? Easily our worst player. The penalties are just stupid. He is way too much of a hot head, if you touch him he snaps. He's horrible. Last year I loved his play: had an uncanny sense to intercept passes, had a deft scoring touch, and would play physical and stand up for team mates (and take the odd bad penalty).
This year, pathetic. I would trade him for a bag of pucks, and not game pucks either..the practice ones with chips out of em.
Shame on Hunter for playing him so often (I realize we were low on bodies but Id rather see Jammes or Leroux on the ice!).
If you were at the game and heard booing anytime Rupert touched the puck that was me.
Rant over.
Bring on Guelph!

Old
12-14-2012, 11:36 PM
sbrug

They should release him. He's getting to be as bad as Tucker Hunter. How he can go from a good shutdown forward on a Memorial Cup team last year to not even trying this year is unbelievable.

I also hope Leroux doesn't just sit on the bench tomorrow. They really need help on D.

Old
12-15-2012, 12:31 AM
KnightWatch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knights77 View Post
Griffith really took the team on his back especially after Domi got the gate. Great game! Ok, so wtf is going on with Ryan Rupert!? Easily our worst player. The penalties are just stupid. He is way too much of a hot head, if you touch him he snaps. He's horrible. Last year I loved his play: had an uncanny sense to intercept passes, had a deft scoring touch, and would play physical and stand up for team mates (and take the odd bad penalty).
This year, pathetic. I would trade him for a bag of pucks, and not game pucks either..the practice ones with chips out of em.
Shame on Hunter for playing him so often (I realize we were low on bodies but Id rather see Jammes or Leroux on the ice!).
If you were at the game and heard booing anytime Rupert touched the puck that was me.
Rant over.
Bring on Guelph!
.....and I thought it was just me who felt this way. He could have easily and singlehandedly cost his team the streak tonight....just brutal!

As far as the rest of the team goes....what a gutsy, full team effort! If the forwards backchecked like that every game and we had our full team on the ice, we'd never lose! Great job by the forwards, the fill-in D, and a stellar job by Patterson as well...amazing!

Old
12-15-2012, 06:42 AM
JL17

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnightWatch View Post
.....and I thought it was just me who felt this way. He could have easily and singlehandedly cost his team the streak tonight....just brutal!

As far as the rest of the team goes....what a gutsy, full team effort! If the forwards backchecked like that every game and we had our full team on the ice, we'd never lose! Great job by the forwards, the fill-in D, and a stellar job by Patterson as well...amazing!
Ryan Rupert doesn't even look like he wants to play hockey anymore. Not hustle no jam and zero effort.

There were 10 forwards that saw all the ice time and 8 of them did a great job helping out. One I just talked about and the other spent most of the game cherry picking.

Domi should have just dropped the gloves... instead he'll probably net himself a couple of games with his dad in his box. Really stupid play on his part.

Add in the Ruperts selfish penalties and I haven't seen that many dumb selfish penalties like that in one game.

Patterson was awesome but the save of the game went to Fuller. Anderson is playing like someone else that wore that # minus the reputation.

IMO Jammes is on his way out... 1 shift and that came because he had to cross the ice after serving a penalty. If your that "talented" you should be able to get more shifts then that.

Great finish to what I thought was a circus of a game from players to officials calling phantom calls.

Old
12-15-2012, 10:07 AM
aresknights

i suggested early in the year Jammes may be used as trade bait and got jumped on here. I know he comes in with a rep for being talented and does seem to be from what lil Ive seen, but he just cant seem to crack the lineup. With almost all F bodies returning and a couple more in the wings (MacD) maybe MArk does give him a shot elsewhere (close to home?) Hes been passed by Platzer and Elie for sure. Unless a F or 2 above him on the depth charts gets moved.....

Old
12-15-2012, 10:13 AM
aresknights

Undisciplined OS group last night (shocker), and the Knights (Ryan) responded to a point.

My favourite W of the year

Beat a rival who was intent on intmidating, taking shots (yes the Knights did respond but I think they almost had to- cant turn the other cheeck for 6 reg season games) Im petty sure Ryan cant fight right now so he took some undisciplined, maybe dumb penalties instead but someone had to respond.
Extend the streak to a club record
Beat OS for the ? time in the last couple years
Depeleted D and really only 9/10 Fs getting time
!0000 plus Stuffed toys!!!!!

Character W

Old
12-15-2012, 10:20 AM
dino200022

Griffith was in beastmode last night, best game all around I have seen from him in the last 3 years quite possibly. One very underestimated player from last night was Tommy Hughes. The kid is just solid solid solid might not be great with the puck but defensively the kid has all the goods.

Old
12-15-2012, 10:35 AM
PhlyerPhanatic
Straight Shooter

The Attack are easily the most undisciplined team I've seen play this season. They deserved to lose that game.

Ryan can fight...Matty took the skate to the mouth and chiclet reconstruction.

9th time in a row over the Attack for those wondering

Old
12-15-2012, 10:40 AM
PhlyerPhanatic
Straight Shooter

Quote:
Originally Posted by aresknights View Post
i suggested early in the year Jammes may be used as trade bait and got jumped on here. I know he comes in with a rep for being talented and does seem to be from what lil Ive seen, but he just cant seem to crack the lineup.
If he was as talented as some people say he is...don't you think he'd have found the lineup on a routine basis by now? Doesn't impress me as a player at all really...no moxie. He won't get you much...maybe a mid-rounder.

Old
12-15-2012, 10:48 AM
aresknights

Its a different issue with Ryan presently. Short term issue. I can PM ya if ya want on jrA .

I say from what lil Ive seen talented. Hes got some skill but not sure itll translate at the O level because of that Moxie you mentioned. MAybe itll come with maturity but I too am not sure. BUt hes definitely down a ways on the depth chart

Old
12-15-2012, 10:52 AM
ForumShop

It's shameful that Dale can put R.Rupert back on the ice after his selfish and gutless penalties. I guess Ryan can do anything he pleases. Shocking that Dale can bench Ovechkin in Washington but not enough nerves to bench Ryan. It isn't like he hasn't any other talented players. As someone else mentioned, Jammes is a very talented young player that they drafted and convinced to come to London. And they haven't given him a chance. Instead they have embarrased the kid with such great potential. One shift coming out of penalty box when they are short players and Domi gone. Who should be embarassed are the Hunters.
It will be interesting to see how he plays Ryan today vs Guelph. Will Domi be suspended? i didn't noticed the severity of the infraction.
The Knights are on a roll and Griffin is carrying the team. He is playing with such great confidence.

Old
12-15-2012, 10:56 AM
PhlyerPhanatic
Straight Shooter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForumShop View Post
Will Domi be suspended? i didn't noticed the severity of the infraction.
The Knights are on a roll and Griffin is carrying the team. He is playing with such great confidence.
All 5 minute infractions that aren't fighting majors are automatically reviewed by the league. Domi could be looking at 2 games..and won't know his fate until after this weekend. Hunter can choose to sit him..or play him the next 2 games.

Griffith stepped up last night...he had to..as did others like Tierney,Anderson and Ferry. Griff isn't going to win any defensive awards..but he played an amazing game last night. Hats off and credit where it's due.

Old
12-15-2012, 10:56 AM
hockeylegend11

Congrats on the Knights winning their 19 straight
Would not it be funny that the streak be broken after 21 games,in other words win today against Guelph,that might be a toughie and tomorrow vs Kingston,then on the Dec 27 vs Windsor lose in a shootout,Windsor being the last team to beat the Knights 6-3 on Nov1,poetic justice I say lol

Old
12-15-2012, 11:00 AM
PhlyerPhanatic
Straight Shooter

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeylegend11 View Post
Congrats on the Knights winning their 19 straight
Would not it be funny that the streak be broken after 21 games,in other words win today against Guelph,that might be a toughie and tomorrow vs Kingston,then on the Dec 27 vs Windsor lose in a shootout,Windsor being the last team to beat the Knights 6-3 on Nov1,poetic justice I say lol
I'm pretty sure the Knights sent the Spits a Christmas card thanking them for waking them up...check the mail.

Old
12-15-2012, 11:01 AM
ForumShop

What did Domi do? I missed the infraction.

Old
12-15-2012, 11:05 AM
Snippit

We've really run away with the conference with this streak. We could be looking at the 6th Hamilton Spectator's trophy in 11 years. That's just insane.

I haven't seen such a reaction to a goal (Griffith's) since Namestnikov's OT winner against Saginaw last year.

We need to be more disciplined until our defence gets back.

Although an awesome win last night, I'm going to predict the streak ends today.

3-1 Storm.

Old
12-15-2012, 11:05 AM
PhlyerPhanatic
Straight Shooter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForumShop View Post
What did Domi do? I missed the infraction.
Cross-checked Lindo in the yap. Definitely a major..and definitely suspendable. I say 2 games.

Closed Thread