HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Chicago Blackhawks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Things to Look Forward to When the Hawks Return

Old
12-14-2012, 09:25 AM
Blue Liner

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyJet View Post
As for Oduya: Iím afraid he could be right for the most part. Not the worst in the league but I maintain that Stan made a major faux pas by acquiring him and then compounded it by handing him a generous contract.
I've never debated acquiring him or extending him one way or the other. I liked the move initially and then come playoff time he was pretty meh. So were some of his more esteemed teammates. I'll give it more time but I'm certainly not some Oduya die-hard fan or defender.

Blue Liner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2012, 12:21 PM
hawksfan50

1. Q and Bowman's firing when the team gets off to a poor start,can't recover enough and wobbles to a 10th place finish in the Conference...

2. The press conference EXCUSES after EDM blasts the Hawks 12-3 (after all --in those 9-2 and 8-4 drubbings they gave us on those 2 nightsd of infamy (Nov 19th and Feb 2nd last season) they DID NOT EVEN HAVE the "difference-maker" that they will to put them into super-team status--THIS season-iF it resumes-they of course will have that weapon --yes,the SCHULTZ IS WITH THEM --and so NOW --what chance do we have when they willbe even more dagerous ? MAYBE 12 goals against a bunch who keep taking time "OFF" under the lazy laissez-faire of Q (he has his Cup,his legend is made,WHY bother cracking the whip?) --is too low a score to anticipate against ius IF we resort agaoin to not bother competing hard on every single shift -and EVEN if we do that --well Crawford is still a mediocrity in goal at best ...

3. Patrick Kane not providing a rebound season (even if such a short season) -I mean--sure he's slightly over a point a game guy-IN THE SWISS LEAGUE--- but to expect that ever again from him IN THE NHL now seems like a stretch ... And that -4 he has over there is indicative that STILL he's trending again to no bargain (for what he is paid) in NET POSITIVE ES play....put it this way--MAYBe he can again be near a point a game guy IF he just forgets about defense --but IF Q is going to expect him to be defensively resposible and not "cheat" --then I am skeptical he can ever get back near a point a gamepace let alone better that --in theNHL..

4. The trade of NICK LEDDY --but they shoulda done it last year before his value plumeted...

5. Hawks drafting 11th overall --maybe package players/prospects with this pick and move up?

Sorry to hit with these negative vibes but come on --do you really think we will win with Car-bomb Carcillo,near the end Mayers,a mediocre goalie,and an underachieving Kane or a padding the stats cheating Kane neglecting the defensive asoects--ie, a with a flawed "star" (certainly no super star) taking up space on the team?
And with a Keith nowhere near replicating his great Cup Year season --again?

Call me skeptical.

hawksfan50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2012, 02:08 PM
Hawkaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawksfan50 View Post
Sorry to hit with these negative vibes but come on --do you really think we will win with Car-bomb Carcillo,near the end Mayers,a mediocre goalie,and an underachieving Kane or a padding the stats cheating Kane neglecting the defensive asoects--ie, a with a flawed "star" (certainly no super star) taking up space on the team?
And with a Keith nowhere near replicating his great Cup Year season --again?

Call me skeptical.
We barely won the cup with one of the greatest team the Hawks have iced.

Hawkaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2012, 11:27 AM
hawksfan50

Well --Eklund does not have us listed in the TOP TEN TEAMS TO BENEFIT FROM A SHORTENED SEASON (if we do get such)...

The implication I take from this is: we will either be in the mid-pack third of the league or finish disappointingly in the bottom third (uif that happend get the pink slips out--heads will roll)...

HOW can any unbiased hockey observer not have serious concerns about a Hawks disapoointment :

.neither Tows or Hossa have played since the lockout AND they happen to be coming off CONCUSSIONS..HOSSA turns 34 in January....

. if carbomb is again a top six LW in Q's books --that indicts that nobody else on the roster or in Rockford is better than him -what would that say ? Ugh!
Chicago,we have a problem! OR if they simply can't justify paying his $$$ as a fourth liner (too expensive)--what does that say about STAN's allocation judgement?

.If mr. -12 Leddy is back on D --yes he'll put uppoints BUT if the NET ES result is only -12 -tHAT is no great benefit at all,IS IT?

,goaltending--Crawford is not even top 15 quality --and so mediocre goaltending is going to put us in the top ten? I don't think so..

.Q did not crack the whip enough last year --and the loafers ruled the roost-ya think he's going to change this year ?I'm skeptical. The team survives on short outbursts of skill but rarely can sustain 60 minutes of "work" --like may other teams put out..
The poster boy for this was P. Kane who -as a result of less than his best efforts got only 66pts last year...To me he got satisfied when he got his 1 point (usually only an assist--fewer goals ---) then packed it in for the night...At minimum he sHOULD give us 20 more points --if he put forth sustained effort maybe he'd give us 30-40 more points..but I think he admired his fat bank acxcount more than living upto his talent ability..Is he going to be "dedicated" or loaf again? I'm skeptical till he shows me and shows more leadership BY EXAMPLE to get us wins in an evermore competitive league..

hawksfan50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2012, 06:12 PM
BobbyJet

There is no reason to believe that this team will be anything but ho hum this season (assuming there is one). The shortened season will mean more intense hockey and I can forsee a playoff-like atmosphere by the mid-way mark in games played. The grittty youth we have as prospects, that we need badly to fill the soft spots up front are not ready to take a regular spot and make a difference.
As much as I'd to see some hockey this season, I think the Hawks are better off if we don't.

BobbyJet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2012, 10:18 PM
zytz
lumberjack

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawksfan50 View Post
HOW can any unbiased hockey observer not have serious concerns about a Hawks disapoointment :

Because Eklund is a sensationalist hack?

I get that we're all dying for some Hawkey, but are we really at the point now that we're going to cry wolf over what could supposedly happen according to some Internet blogger?

zytz is offline   Reply With Quote