HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Pittsburgh Penguins
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

WBS Penguins Hockey PART II

Closed Thread

Old
12-13-2012, 08:08 PM
penguins2946*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowdy Roddy Peeper View Post
Sounds to me like somebody's been putting a little too much emphasis on stats. Hynes said the following just last month:

"The way [Tangradi]'s playing now, he's getting his goals the way he's going to need to get his goals in the National Hockey League," Hynes said. "He's a dominant factor in the offensive zone. He's getting pucks in. He's moving his feet. He's attacking the net. The way he's playing now is the same game he's going to have to play at the next level."

I think he has a solid chance at carving out a career as Brouwer-type complementary scoring line guy. Big body, net-front presence, physical forechecker who creates room for his linemates.
We don't even really need Tango to score that much anyway. Most likely, he will be on a line with Malkin and Neal. All he needs to do is get in front of the net and pick up any rebounds. I'd be fine with 20 G, 30 A season from Tango along Malkin and Neal. People need to get off his case. When he was in the NHL, all he played was as a 4th line grinder, and that isn't his game. I see him as Malone 2

Old
12-13-2012, 09:15 PM
Randy Butternubs
Makin Bacon Pancakes

Why wouldn't he play with Crosby? Crosby's line needs some size.

Old
12-13-2012, 09:27 PM
penguins2946*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kunitz View Post
Why wouldn't he play with Crosby? Crosby's line needs some size.
He has played along Malkin before, and it worked pretty well. I'd much rather reunite Kunitz with Crosby and Dupuis than put Tangradi on Sid's line. Just a personal preference though.

Also, would you guys agree that Bennett needs to shoot a bit more? He only has 42 through 23 games, which really isn't much. That's only 150 shots in a full NHL season. Malkin had 339, for comparison. As Gretzky said, "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take".

Last edited by penguins2946*: 12-13-2012 at 09:37 PM.
Old
12-13-2012, 09:37 PM
Randy Butternubs
Makin Bacon Pancakes

Quote:
Originally Posted by penguins2946 View Post
He has played along Malkin before, and it worked pretty well. I'd much rather reunite Kunitz with Crosby and Dupuis than put Tangradi on Sid's line. Just a personal preference though.
Meh, that was pre-season with Comrie on the line as well.

I just happen to think he could be a Malone replacement for the Malone-Crosby-Recchi type line.

I'd roll with:

Kunitz-Crosby-Tangradi
Dupuis-Malkin-Neal

To each their own though. I'm sure Bylsma, Shero, and all who matter disagree.

Old
12-13-2012, 09:39 PM
penguins2946*

Quote:
Meh, that was pre-season with Comrie on the line as well.

I just happen to think he could be a Malone replacement for the Malone-Crosby-Recchi type line.

I'd roll with:

Kunitz-Crosby-Tangradi
Dupuis-Malkin-Neal

To each their own though. I'm sure Bylsma, Shero, and all who matter disagree.
No, don't split up Crosby-Dupuis. They are the Malkin-Neal of the 1st (or 2nd) line.

Old
12-13-2012, 09:57 PM
Randy Butternubs
Makin Bacon Pancakes

Quote:
No, don't split up Crosby-Dupuis. They are the Malkin-Neal of the 1st (or 2nd) line.
K.

Dupuis-Crosby-Tangradi
Kunitz-Malkin-Neal

Old
12-13-2012, 09:58 PM
penguins2946*

Quote:
K.

Dupuis-Crosby-Tangradi
Kunitz-Malkin-Neal
I'd dig that. Those will probably be the lines if/when there is a season this year.

Old
12-13-2012, 11:17 PM
Sidney the Kidney
Beastmode Penguins

vCash: 80
Quote:
Bylsma, is that you?

Old
12-14-2012, 12:18 AM
Tasty Biscuits
with fancy sauce

Quote:

Also, would you guys agree that Bennett needs to shoot a bit more? He only has 42 through 23 games, which really isn't much. That's only 150 shots in a full NHL season. Malkin had 339, for comparison. As Gretzky said, "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take".
Eh. I know his wrist wasn't around 100% until this month, but still -- he's a playmaking wing. Of course he's not going to be shooting as much as someone who's billed as more as a sniper.

Old
12-14-2012, 01:26 AM
Gallatin
A Banksy of Goonism

In the short amount of time Tangradie played with Crosby at the end of the season it was obvious there was chemistry between the two.

Sid would score goals playing with Tangradie, who showed the ability to get Sid the puck in space and run give & goes, something other wingers have had a hard time doing for Crosby.

If he can do that, while crashing the net for the odd garbage goal, Big Dog could be a nearly ideal 2nd wing for 87.

Old
12-14-2012, 07:03 AM
regard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sidney the Kidney View Post
Bylsma, is that you?
Hey DB needs something to do to kill time.

Old
12-14-2012, 07:39 AM
Ogrezilla
Nerf Herder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gallatin View Post
In the short amount of time Tangradie played with Crosby at the end of the season it was obvious there was chemistry between the two.

Sid would score goals playing with Tangradie, who showed the ability to get Sid the puck in space and run give & goes, something other wingers have had a hard time doing for Crosby.

If he can do that, while crashing the net for the odd garbage goal, Big Dog could be a nearly ideal 2nd wing for 87.
agreed. I think Tangradi holds the puck more than Geno would want him to as well. Sid likes the give and goes when Geno just wants to lug the puck as much as he can.

Old
12-14-2012, 11:01 AM
Gallatin
A Banksy of Goonism

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ogrezilla View Post
agreed. I think Tangradi holds the puck more than Geno would want him to as well. Sid likes the give and goes when Geno just wants to lug the puck as much as he can.
Got that right Ogrezilla, Geno & Sid have very different needs and styles. Malkin has to have the puck to be at his best. Not so for Crosby.

Old
12-14-2012, 11:59 AM
wgknestrick

So what is the 1 skill that Tangradi hangs his hat on?

Shooting - no
Skating - no
Possession - no
Checking - no
Defense - no
Having a big body- yes

Looking like a bottom 6 player to me. His lack of assist in WBS is a red flag IMO. This shows how highly dependent he is on linemmates to feed him the puck in the crease. He starts as a NHL 3rd line player that has no real other utility except on the #2 PP as front net presence.

BB is looking like a better pick every day.

Old
12-14-2012, 12:33 PM
deakka

Any chance we get to see the new PTO goalie today?

Old
12-14-2012, 12:40 PM
Shady Machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by wgknestrick View Post

Shooting - no
Skating - no
Possession - no
Checking - no
Defense - no
Having a big body- yes

Looking like a bottom 6 player to me. His lack of assist in WBS is a red flag IMO. This shows how highly dependent he is on linemmates to feed him the puck in the crease. He starts as a NHL 3rd line player that has no real other utility except on the #2 PP as front net presence.

Good thing he will have his pick of the best player in the game as his center to feed him the puck.

Old
12-14-2012, 12:41 PM
Shady Machine

Quote:
We don't even really need Tango to score that much anyway. Most likely, he will be on a line with Malkin and Neal. All he needs to do is get in front of the net and pick up any rebounds. I'd be fine with 20 G, 30 A season from Tango along Malkin and Neal. People need to get off his case. When he was in the NHL, all he played was as a 4th line grinder, and that isn't his game. I see him as Malone 2
I'd be ecstatic with 50 points from Tangradi. I'd be fine with 40.

Old
12-14-2012, 12:41 PM
Gallatin
A Banksy of Goonism

Quote:

Shooting - no
Skating - no
Possession - no
Checking - no
Defense - no
Having a big body- yes

Tangradie's game has always been possession and playmaking. It took him near 40 games to get the possession part down in the NHL, but it started to come near the end.

In the AHL this year Tangradie (he dominates puck possesion in the AHL) is responding to coaching, and working to morph his game into that of a net crashing power forward. It will all come together soon.

Old
12-14-2012, 02:11 PM
wgknestrick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gallatin View Post
Tangradie's game has always been possession and playmaking. It took him near 40 games to get the possession part down in the NHL, but it started to come near the end.

In the AHL this year Tangradie (he dominates puck possesion in the AHL) is responding to coaching, and working to morph his game into that of a net crashing power forward. It will all come together soon.
I want you to be right.

Old
12-14-2012, 02:18 PM
penguins2946*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shady Machine View Post
I'd be ecstatic with 50 points from Tangradi. I'd be fine with 40.
Putting him with Malkin and Neal will raise his point total dramatically. I think he will become a 20 goal, 50 point scorer. We really don't need him to do much more.

Old
12-14-2012, 04:28 PM
Jacob

Quote:

Shooting - no
Skating - no
Possession - no
Checking - no
Defense - no
Having a big body- yes

Who cares how many assists he has after 1/4th of the season? Look at his whole body of work. Tangradi has more skill than your typical 4th liner. Whether or not its enough skill to be a top line winger remains to be seen, but it's there.

Old
12-14-2012, 05:58 PM
JTG

If Geno can turn Ouellet into a 20 goal, 50 point player...I have hope for Tangradi.

Old
12-14-2012, 05:58 PM
steelcityassault

Quote:
His lack of assist in WBS is a red flag IMO. This shows how highly dependent he is on linemmates to feed him the puck in the crease.
Quit stat watching and watch the actual games.

Tangradi has set up his linemates (Smith, Ferriero, Bennett at times) on numerous occasions where they should have finished

Old
12-14-2012, 06:10 PM
JTG

I have watched 10 or 11 WBS games, and Tangradi's lack of assists are more attributed to him playing with absolute, unadulterated **** at times than him lacking skill.

Not impressed at all by the AHL fodder Shero brought in. That team desperately a few guys like Brett Sterling.

Old
12-14-2012, 06:27 PM
hctopcheds11

anybody have a stream?

Closed Thread