HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Non-Sports > Entertainment
Entertainment Discuss movies, tv shows, music, arts, literature, fashion, and upcoming events, concerts, etc.

The Walking Dead: Season 3 (Part IV) Returns Feb. 10th

Closed Thread

Old
12-13-2012, 07:27 AM
Izzy
#SloveniaForGold2018

vCash: 270
Quote:
Originally Posted by Megahab View Post
Why must you post Dexter spoilers? That is going to be the next show I start watching.
Thats a brutal spoiler as well...

Old
12-14-2012, 01:18 PM
Shadowtron

vCash: 500
In case anyone is interested, AMC is going to air Seasons 1 & 2 this Feb. in Black and White

Old
12-14-2012, 02:04 PM
Psycho Dad
Oil Kings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowtron View Post
In case anyone is interested, AMC is going to air Seasons 1 & 2 this Feb. in Black and White
Thanks, I had no idea. Seems like a perfect fit! And a bit of a tribute to Night Of The Living Dead as well.

Old
12-14-2012, 02:40 PM
Shadowtron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psycho Dad View Post
Thanks, I had no idea. Seems like a perfect fit! And a bit of a tribute to Night Of The Living Dead as well.
No problemo. It seems fans have been asking for this for a while. It matches the B&W style of the comics.

Here's the link, BTW.

http://www.shocktillyoudrop.com/news...lack-and-white

Old
12-14-2012, 02:44 PM
yakitate304
Crunch Time

That should look very cool, especially since their video has a nice gritty, grainy look to it.

Old
12-14-2012, 03:01 PM
KesselBuiltMyHotrod

vCash: 50
They've also digitally removed Lori from the show. Should be amazing.

Old
12-21-2012, 06:32 AM
Rob Brown
Way She Goes

So I rewatched the Pilot. Rick and the father/son (forget their names) go back to Rick's police station, they have a hot shower, stock up etc. The place seemed to be really secure with no major threats, nothing like the prison this season.

So my question is, after the whole CDC incident and after the farm fell, why did they not just return to the jail? Did it not have a propane generator? Wouldn't that have been much safer and more comfortable to live in then life on the road?

Old
12-21-2012, 11:17 AM
RECsGuy*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Brown View Post
So I rewatched the Pilot. Rick and the father/son (forget their names) go back to Rick's police station, they have a hot shower, stock up etc. The place seemed to be really secure with no major threats, nothing like the prison this season.

So my question is, after the whole CDC incident and after the farm fell, why did they not just return to the jail? Did it not have a propane generator? Wouldn't that have been much safer and more comfortable to live in then life on the road?
It was exactly that: the pilot, hence the beginning stages of the ZA.

That place is likely overrun. Plus, the scene in downtown Atlanta suggested that the only refuge was in the countryside(i.e fewer people, less "meals").

Old
12-21-2012, 11:21 AM
Rob Brown
Way She Goes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ag925 View Post
It was exactly that: the pilot, hence the beginning stages of the ZA.

That place is likely overrun. Plus, the scene in downtown Atlanta suggested that the only refuge was in the countryside(i.e fewer people, less "meals").
Rick definitely sealed it when they left. And no way it would be more overrun then the prison. I guess you're right, you'd just think he'd know that that'd be a good place as they can lock it down and it still had a generator with juice.

Old
12-21-2012, 11:45 AM
Lost Horizons
Crying Waiting Hopin

The Walking Dead Renewed for Season 4; Showrunner Glen Mazzara Leaves Series Over "Difference of Opinion"

Quote:
It's no shock that The Walking Dead has officially been renewed for Season 4, given what a huge hit it is. But there was a big surprise in the press release AMC just put out announcing the renewal: Showrunner Glen Mazzara is leaving the series. Mazzara of course replaced original showrnner Frank Darabont, in what was a widely-publicized shakeup behind-the-scenes on the series.

The press release reads:

"AMC also jointly announces with Glen Mazzara today that for future seasons, the two parties have mutually decided to part ways. Glen guided the series creatively for seasons 2 and 3. AMC is grateful for his hard work. We are both proud of our shared success.

Both parties acknowledge that there is a difference of opinion about where the show should go moving forward, and conclude that it is best to part ways. This decision is amicable and Glen will remain on for post-production on season 3B as showrunner and executive producer."

Old
12-21-2012, 11:46 AM
Ser Woof
Too proud to beg

vCash: 86
This is as good a time as any to re-visit this thread after a break.

Glen Mazzara and AMC have mutually agreed to part ways due to disagreeing on the future direction of the series. He will step down as show runner & EP at the end of season 3.

http://tvline.com/2012/12/21/walking...zzara-leaving/

This is incredibly disappointing and makes me question why AMC can not keep a show runner for TWD. After the dismissal of Darabont, Mazzara has really impressed me with the direction he's taken the series. Since a shaky first half of season 2, which still had most of Darabont's fingerprints on it, he's consistently produced a top notch show. I was looking forward to seeing what was to come if the excellence of season 3 so far was any indication.

Very disappointing.

Old
12-21-2012, 12:02 PM
Kitten Mittons

Season 3 has been superb, what the hell AMC?

Old
12-21-2012, 01:24 PM
Dutchy

Send a message via ICQ to Dutchy
Here's my guess: AMC wants to cut costs by killing series regulars. The meddling pissed off Mazzara who decided to quit.

It's has happened before.

Old
12-22-2012, 06:51 AM
Shameus

Kurt Sutter and Shawn Ryan have been ripping AMC new ones on twitter since this was announced. Seems they worked with Mazzara on The Shield and are all friends. They, mainly Sutter, basically put it out that(no surprise really) AMC treats the creative forces behind their shows like **** and told aspiring TV writers to take their ideas to any network but AMC.

Old
12-22-2012, 02:48 PM
Bruv
Loveless

****. First Darabont now Mazzara. At least we still got Kirkman.

Old
12-22-2012, 09:51 PM
Izzy
#SloveniaForGold2018

vCash: 270
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cudi View Post
****. First Darabont now Mazzara. At least we still got Kirkman.
I think no Kirkman would automatically end it

Old
12-24-2012, 04:49 AM
Royal Canuck
#Shinkaruk4Calder

Quote:
Originally Posted by KesselBuiltMyHotrod View Post
They've also digitally removed Lori from the show. Should be amazing.
But then Rick will be talking to a fence for half of season 2.

Probably better anyways.

Twitter |HFBoards Contact | Blog
Xbox Live Gamertag: "CxC Canuck"
"Everybody says be a good loser; I think if you're a good loser, you're a loser. " - John Tortorella
Old
12-24-2012, 07:37 AM
jw2

vCash: 643
Wasnt it here that Mazzara pretty much said they (all) wanted to see the show go in different directions. I can't remember, and I'll try to find it, but I thought I read that he wanted to go to a story line closer to the comic (meaning some major events) and whomever else didnt want that to happen...

Old
12-24-2012, 04:27 PM
HawksFan74
Tread Lightly

AMC is in a pickle with some of these shows. As soon as they get hot they are having trouble affording them. They will be losing BB and Mad Men soon as they are near the end.

There was a point where Gilligan was looking to move BB in between seasons due to a dispute. I'm sure more of these creative differences come down to money. Killing off more seasoned stars will save some bucks.

Old
12-24-2012, 05:42 PM
SUBdrewgANS
born into trouble

Send a message via AIM to SUBdrewgANS
My friend got me the Walking Dead: Compendium One for Christmas and I am about half way through it. Here are my thoughts so far

Spoil:

-I am to the part where they see the crashing helicopter and they just got in the car to find its crash site, so I am assuming this is a lead into someone finding woodbury.

-I'll start by saying, I knew things from the show would differ from the book, but I didn't realize by how much.. I like that, you can read the book and watch the show and have 2 different experiences, Though I do like how the show is based LOOSELY on the book.

-Dale and Andrea? EWWWWWW
-The book moves so much quicker than the show, Shane was killed off very quickly.. I was a little surprised by that.
-I would like them to have explored more of them finding that abandoned town in the show, i think it would've made a decent episode or two
-So far, in the book I do not like Michonne's character, but I love her in the show.. I think they did the right thing by changing her character up a bit for the show and made her more mysterious.. maybe if I read the book first and then watch the series I may feel the opposite.. but so far in the book I dont care for her.

-So they replaced Herschel with Allen getting their leg chopped off, I wonder why.. and why does Herschel on the show live and Allen in the book dies..

EDIT: Spoke too soon.. I have 1 or 2 more chapter in the Compendium 1.. Ordered Compendium 2 last night..
- I now love Michonne, and what she did to the governor.. was.. epic, much better than the fight scene on the show.
- Ok so now Dale is the amputee.. I wonder if Herschel gets a pegleg in the show.
- Rick losing his hand? WTF? Does anyone think this will happen in the show? maybe as a result from Merle? Payback for causing him to saw off his own hand? Hand for a Hand Maybe?
- Next chapter for me is the battle seen.. Woodbury just rolled up in Tanks. Excited to finish it tonight.

I have more thoughts, but im tired now I'll probably write more later.

Last edited by SUBdrewgANS: 12-26-2012 at 06:55 AM.
Old
12-26-2012, 07:44 AM
Everlasting

vCash: 807
They should hire Joss Whedon as a showrunner. It could only end in super mega awesomeness.

Old
12-26-2012, 08:56 PM
SUBdrewgANS
born into trouble

Send a message via AIM to SUBdrewgANS
just finished Compendium 1.. What a heart wrenching ending.. Ordered Compendium 2 last night.. hopefully it gets here soon.

Old
12-27-2012, 01:46 AM
Muzzinga
Regehr GOAT

Grunching the last couple of pages after finally getting around to watching the mid season finale.

Shame they spoiled the inevitable death of 2-Dogg by introducing 3-Dogg to start the episode.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forty View Post
I personally don't see what's so bad about the acting in this show.
A lot of acting is bad, but its tough to blame the actors when the characters are awful. The actress playing Michonne is an award winning stage actress, yet the character of Michonne is so bad, that she seems like a terrible actress.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ag925 View Post
The fact that some of you are fans of Shane, a character that clearly exhibited characteristics of antisocial personality disorder, is disturbing.
The entire group now acts just like Shane did, Shane just gripped the reality of the situation before anyone else, and was shunned and ultimately killed for it. If Rick acted like he is now, back when Shane was alive, Shane would have had no problems, and wouldn't have tried to kill Rick and then died himself.

I was a Shane fan because he was the only character who had any real depth and an interesting story to tell and develop.

Old
12-27-2012, 02:42 PM
ArGarBarGar
Global Moderator
Defense Please

Quote:
Originally Posted by sw1tch View Post
A lot of acting is bad, but its tough to blame the actors when the characters are awful. The actress playing Michonne is an award winning stage actress, yet the character of Michonne is so bad, that she seems like a terrible actress.

The entire group now acts just like Shane did, Shane just gripped the reality of the situation before anyone else, and was shunned and ultimately killed for it. If Rick acted like he is now, back when Shane was alive, Shane would have had no problems, and wouldn't have tried to kill Rick and then died himself.

I was a Shane fan because he was the only character who had any real depth and an interesting story to tell and develop.
Shane died because he tried to kill Rick so he could be with Lori. The group would have turned on him if he hadn't, but not for anything they do now.

Old
12-27-2012, 04:11 PM
Hackett
HF Needs Feeny

It seems like the rest of the season is going to be a battle between the governor and rick, but what I'm really interested about is to learn how this whole zombie thing started, from the first case, and I want to know more about these french doctors that supposedly were close to finding a cure.

In the meantime, I hope I dont stop caring. I dont know how long this current plot can keep me interested beyond a few episodes. I guess where I find hope is that we dont know alot of about michonne and there could be a few bombshells as she reveals more of her history.

Closed Thread