HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > International Tournaments
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
International Tournaments Discuss international tournaments such as the World Juniors, Olympic hockey, and Ice Hockey World Championships, as they take place; or discuss past tournaments.

Roster Talk '13 — Canada V4.0 (Final Roster Named)

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
12-14-2012, 01:25 PM
  #976
Joey Moss
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Joey Moss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 22,059
vCash: 226
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pekka Rinne View Post
Huberdeau-RNH-Rattie
Drouin-Mackinnon-Schiefele
Hudon-Strome-Ritchie
Lipon-Jenner-Danault
Camara

Rielly-Hamilton
Harrington-Ouellett
Reinhart-Murphy
Corrado

Subban
Paterson

Binnington


This is just the lines that I would want, but I don't think that HC would ever put two 17 year olds on the second line. I could see Drouin as 13th forward and Mackinnon centering the 4th line, though.
Corrado was cut

Joey Moss is offline  
Old
12-14-2012, 01:36 PM
  #977
topched
Registered User
 
topched's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,556
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by duul View Post
All you need to do is put your two best goal scorers on the line with RNH. Would mackinnon not be one of those two players?
I don't think so.

Huberdeau is definitely a better scorer at this level than MacKinnon. You have to remember that jr. level production doesn't necesarrily mean wj success.. Even jr. studs like Stamkos didn't have amazing tourneys.

But I would say you're better of having MacKinnon be the engine of whatever line he is on... whether its a sheltered fourth line, or energy line... rather than have him feel he needs to defer to RNH. Because of that I like Huberdeau and Scheifele for the first line.

I see MacKinnon as 4th line C, alongside someone like Danault who is defensively responsible... or 2nd line W where he can keep up with Strome.

Right now I like:

Huberdeau-RNH-Scheifele
MacKinnon-Strome-Ritchie
Hudon-Jenner-Camara
Drouin-Danault-Rattie
Lipon

topched is offline  
Old
12-14-2012, 01:38 PM
  #978
BeersHockey
Registered User
 
BeersHockey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Chicago, IL
Country: United States
Posts: 930
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by goaliedad29 View Post
By that logic, Brossoit definitely should have been a lock too... he played amazing against Russia at SSS (shutout with several great stops) and was clearly no worse than 2nd best goalie in camp... probably the best if you take into account he made more saves than Paterson or Binnington had shots.

Spott clearly knew who he was taking before camp began!
Uh, did you watch game 2 vs. the WHL? "Amazing" is not how I would characterize that performance.

BeersHockey is offline  
Old
12-14-2012, 01:49 PM
  #979
topched
Registered User
 
topched's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,556
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by goaliedad29 View Post
By that logic, Brossoit definitely should have been a lock too... he played amazing against Russia at SSS (shutout with several great stops) and was clearly no worse than 2nd best goalie in camp... probably the best if you take into account he made more saves than Paterson or Binnington had shots.

Spott clearly knew who he was taking before camp began!
So?

This isn't some peewee tryout. Hockey Canada has followed these players for years... they know the ins and outs of each players game.

Spott went with the guys he felt were the best and thats that.

topched is offline  
Old
12-14-2012, 01:52 PM
  #980
TS Quint
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Country: Canada
Posts: 504
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by topched View Post
I don't think so.

Huberdeau is definitely a better scorer at this level than MacKinnon. You have to remember that jr. level production doesn't necesarrily mean wj success.. Even jr. studs like Stamkos didn't have amazing tourneys.

But I would say you're better of having MacKinnon be the engine of whatever line he is on... whether its a sheltered fourth line, or energy line... rather than have him feel he needs to defer to RNH. Because of that I like Huberdeau and Scheifele for the first line.

I see MacKinnon as 4th line C, alongside someone like Danault who is defensively responsible... or 2nd line W where he can keep up with Strome.

Right now I like:

Huberdeau-RNH-Scheifele
MacKinnon-Strome-Ritchie
Hudon-Jenner-Camara
Drouin-Danault-Rattie
Lipon
Rattie on the 4th and Ritchie on the 2nd. I'm think you put Rattie on a scoring line. Its kinda what he does.

TS Quint is offline  
Old
12-14-2012, 02:04 PM
  #981
Kid Dynamite
Pro Scout
 
Kid Dynamite's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 790
vCash: 400
Mackinnon-RNH-Rattie
Huberdeau-Strome-Ritchie
Hudon-Schiefele-Lipon
Camara-Jenner-Danault
Drouin

Rielly-Hamilton
Harrington-Ouellett
Reinhart-Murphy
Wotherspoon

Subban
Paterson

Binnington

Kid Dynamite is offline  
Old
12-14-2012, 02:12 PM
  #982
umwoz
Registered User
 
umwoz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,196
vCash: 500
I have a feeling people will be quick to turn on RNH, Scheifele or Huberdeau if they aren't producing.

umwoz is offline  
Old
12-14-2012, 02:18 PM
  #983
Atomos2
#theProspectsGrim
 
Atomos2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Guelph, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,094
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by umwoz View Post
I have a feeling people will be quick to turn on RNH, Scheifele or Huberdeau if they aren't producing.
I definitely will. I don't think it will happen, but I'll definitely will turn on them if it does because it shouldn't.

Atomos2 is offline  
Old
12-14-2012, 02:20 PM
  #984
GuillaumeLetsundress
Formerly Pheramone
 
GuillaumeLetsundress's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 1,050
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kid Dynamite View Post
Mackinnon-RNH-Rattie
Huberdeau-Strome-Ritchie
Hudon-Schiefele-Lipon
Camara-Jenner-Danault
Drouin

Rielly-Hamilton
Harrington-Ouellett
Reinhart-Murphy
Wotherspoon

Subban
Paterson

Binnington
YYYYUUUUUUUUUUUUUP

GuillaumeLetsundress is offline  
Old
12-14-2012, 02:20 PM
  #985
Lessy
Registered User
 
Lessy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Sudbury
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,413
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by umwoz View Post
I have a feeling people will be quick to turn on RNH, Scheifele or Huberdeau if they aren't producing.
Agree. Whipping boys on the blueline will be Murphy, Hamilton, Rielly.

Lessy is offline  
Old
12-14-2012, 02:22 PM
  #986
irunthepeg
THE ONE WHO KNOCKS
 
irunthepeg's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: The Peg, Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,400
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by umwoz View Post
I have a feeling people will be quick to turn on RNH, Scheifele or Huberdeau if they aren't producing.
Spot on prediction. Everyone thinks that just because RNH spent a year in the NHL he's going to come as some hockey god and score 30 points or something.

If each of the top line ends up only PPG or maybe a bit better I would not be surprised, nor would I be that mad as long as we claim gold

irunthepeg is offline  
Old
12-14-2012, 02:24 PM
  #987
topched
Registered User
 
topched's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,556
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TS Quint View Post
Rattie on the 4th and Ritchie on the 2nd. I'm think you put Rattie on a scoring line. Its kinda what he does.
Brett Ritchie is leading the OHL in goalsw ith 27 in 32games, playing on a line with Ryan Strome. I'd say its "kinda what he does" also.

Keep in mind given the players Spott chose we're really going to be rolling 3 scoring lines and an energy line. A combo of Rattie and Mackinnon with Danault holding down the defensive end could be dynamite.

topched is offline  
Old
12-14-2012, 02:26 PM
  #988
Smif
Registered User
 
Smif's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Hamilton
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,671
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lessy View Post
Seeing as how he's Edmonton's first line centre I think they would recall him without thinking twice. Surprising move by Team Canada and this is coming from an Oilers fan. The second there's a resolution to the lockout RNH is on the first flight to Edmonton. Losing your captain in the middle of the tournament is a distinct possibility and a risk I'm surprised Hockey Canada is going to take.
So you're saying it will be worse to lose him now just because he wore a letter on his chest? Wearing the "C" doesn't make you act, or play any different...

Smif is offline  
Old
12-14-2012, 02:28 PM
  #989
ponder
Registered User
 
ponder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,579
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Destroyer100 View Post
Steve Spott just said the he can guarantee you that Drouin and Mackinnon will not be on the same line at the start of it but if it works it self out later then it does but they wont start together.
This seems like a very strange/poor decision. These guys have terrific chemistry, they're dynamite together, why mess with a good thing?

Regardless, whatever lines they go with, this team should be sick. They're very, very stacked. Personally, I'd like to see something like this:

Huberdeau - RNH - Scheifele
Hudon - Strome - Ritchie
Drouin - MacKinnon - Rattie
Danault - Jenner - Lipon
Camara

Rielly - Hamilton
Harrington - Ouellett
Reinhart - Murphy
Wotherspoon

Subban
Patterson
Binnington


Last edited by ponder: 12-14-2012 at 02:37 PM.
ponder is offline  
Old
12-14-2012, 02:33 PM
  #990
topched
Registered User
 
topched's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,556
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ponder View Post
This seems like a very strange/poor decision. These guys have terrific chemistry, they're dynamite together, why mess with a good thing?

Regardless, whatever lines they go with, this team should be sick. They're very, very stacked.
Just gotta keep in the mind the pressure and intensity that WJ games have. Those two might fly against Germany, but when you're playing Russia and don't have the last change, you can bet Yakupov and Grigorenko would be out against their line over and over again.

Best to keep them split up for now, let them get settled in their own end. If/When they show they can handle their own end, then maybe you throw them on together.

topched is offline  
Old
12-14-2012, 02:33 PM
  #991
TylerSVT*
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Calgary
Posts: 3,378
vCash: 1303
IMO you have to put Rattie with RNH.

Rattie is a PURE goalscorer, last season in the WHL Beartchi fed him so many goals it was ludicrous. Put an even better play maker in RNH with him, and you will have a very very dangerous line.

TylerSVT* is offline  
Old
12-14-2012, 02:33 PM
  #992
Turrican*
Not a homer
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Stabmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,960
vCash: 500
This looks like a really really strong team hahaha

Good ol' lockouts. Guaranteeing the gold.

Turrican* is offline  
Old
12-14-2012, 02:40 PM
  #993
Trvp Lord
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2010
Country: Finland
Posts: 1,384
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Trvp Lord
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leman Russ View Post
This looks like a really really strong team hahaha

Good ol' lockouts. Guaranteeing the gold.
I wouldn't be so confident. Many teams could suprise you this year.

Trvp Lord is offline  
Old
12-14-2012, 02:41 PM
  #994
Lessy
Registered User
 
Lessy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Sudbury
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,413
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smif View Post
So you're saying it will be worse to lose him now just because he wore a letter on his chest? Wearing the "C" doesn't make you act, or play any different...
True but losing the player with the C can be devastating for the rest of the players and the team as a whole. He's obviously the best player on the team but I'm not convinced he's the best leader, especially given that if there's a resolution to the lockout he's gone. Honestly wouldn't surprise me if the Oilers and HC have a little handshake deal in place somehow that was contingent on RNH getting the C. Remember the Sens aren't lending Zibanejad to Sweden from the AHL.

Lessy is offline  
Old
12-14-2012, 02:42 PM
  #995
Lessy
Registered User
 
Lessy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Sudbury
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,413
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DatsRatchet View Post
I wouldn't be so confident. Many teams could suprise you this year.
On paper it's Canada then everyone else. With Gibson and Vasilevski and a single elimination tournament anything can happen though.

Lessy is offline  
Old
12-14-2012, 02:49 PM
  #996
garret9
AKA#VitoCorrelationi
 
garret9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 10,474
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atomos2 View Post
I definitely will. I don't think it will happen, but I'll definitely will turn on them if it does because it shouldn't.
I won't be...
Bad luck happens. Even the best players have scoreless streaks.
You can create chances and do all the right stuff and it doesn't work out. Especially with small sample sizes as a little tournament.
Now if it looks like the three can't keep their head above water, that's different.

garret9 is offline  
Old
12-14-2012, 02:55 PM
  #997
topched
Registered User
 
topched's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,556
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lessy View Post
True but losing the player with the C can be devastating for the rest of the players and the team as a whole. He's obviously the best player on the team but I'm not convinced he's the best leader, especially given that if there's a resolution to the lockout he's gone. Honestly wouldn't surprise me if the Oilers and HC have a little handshake deal in place somehow that was contingent on RNH getting the C. Remember the Sens aren't lending Zibanejad to Sweden from the AHL.
I think it doesn't matter. Losing RNH, possibly Huberdeau and Hamilton would be a disaster whether they're wearing a letter or not.

Because he's played in the NHL, was the first overall pick etc. he's going to be looked up to and counted on. Was the easy decision.

Doubt there is a "handshake deal" in place... Hockey Canada wouldn't let that happen. The reason Zibanejad isn't going is two fold... 1. He already won a gold medal last year, scoring the OT goal 2. He needs to adjust to the NA game

RNH was cut two years ago and has unfinished business... this is likely something he wanted.

topched is offline  
Old
12-14-2012, 02:56 PM
  #998
puckfan13
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 2,585
vCash: 500
MacKinnon should probably end up playing next to RNH and Huberdeau to be honest. Have a feeling he might end up there by the end of the tournament.

puckfan13 is offline  
Old
12-14-2012, 03:01 PM
  #999
Money Baer
COYS
 
Money Baer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Moose Jaw, SK
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,625
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by umwoz View Post
I have a feeling people will be quick to turn on RNH, Scheifele or Huberdeau if they aren't producing.
Agreed, but rightfully so. They are without question Canada's best forwards. They are the leaders (captain) of the team. The don't need to be leading the tournament in points, but they need to be producing on a regular basis.

Money Baer is offline  
Old
12-14-2012, 03:03 PM
  #1000
odishabs
Registered User
 
odishabs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 3,949
vCash: 500
Huberdeau - Nugent Hopkins - Schiefele

MacKinnon - Strome - Ritchie

Hudon - Jenner - Rattie

Camara - Danault - Lipon

Hamilton - Rielly

Harrington - Ouellet

Rienhart - Murphy

Subban

Paterson

odishabs is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:51 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.