HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

MacArthur

Old
12-12-2012, 04:47 PM
Rinzler

vCash: 500
This is a guy whom will be in huge demand come deadline day. Assuming the Leafs are as bad as everyone believes anyway.

Rinzler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2012, 05:23 PM
CanuckLuck

I like MacArthur but he doesn't hold much value until the trade deadline (as mentioned above).

2nd/3rd line tweener. There's a plethora of them in the league. I don't see him fetching a 1st rounder unless a contender is injury plagued at the trade deadline and desperately needs some secondary scoring.

CanuckLuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2012, 08:29 PM
BonkTastic
+/- =Worst Stat EVER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew311 View Post
Every draft is considered deep 6 months before draft day. I remember many people saying this about the 2012 draft in 2011.
According to who? Who said it was deep? Find me someone, anyone, who said the 2012 draft was "deep".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew311 View Post
Reality is that a contending team doesn't care how deep an upcoming draft is, they care about winning the Stanley Cup. GM's overpay for medicore players at the deadline every year, the next one won't be any different. A 40 - 60 point winger like MacArthur will net a late 1st to high 2nd easily.
My point IS that he can get a high 2nd. I think we're arguing over a small range. You're saying late-1st / high 2nd. I'm saying high-to-mid 2nd

My main point is that the 1st round pick for any team in which Mac is going to be a significant upgrade for won't be a late pick, it will be a mid-round pick... and I can't see anyone owning a mid-round pick giving it up for MacArthur. And to that point, I think that the teams who are going to own the potential "late picks" won't see MacArthur as an upgrade over whatever they have (barring injuries), and as such won't move a 1st round pick for a redundant asset.

I think, realistically, the best case scenario is you'd see MacArthur being dealt to a team on the bubble of the playoffs and the Leafs getting a 2nd rounder + a mid-level prospect in return. That's just me thinking logically: who knows what some crazy GM will do.

BonkTastic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2012, 12:02 PM
Ricky Bobby

The Leafs would be very very lucky to net a 1st rounder in a trade for CMac.

A lot of fans like to point to Gaustad and say see a pending UFA could get us a 1st rounder. But there are a couple of major differences between Gaustad and CMac. This year is a more highly regarded draft. Gaustad always plays center and centers are harder to come by. Gaustad is elite in the area of penalty killing well CMac isn't elite in any area.

Ricky Bobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2012, 12:59 PM
Mystifo
No more Mr.FightGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by hlaverty06 View Post
Unless he signs with you as a FA (Its probably between NJ and TO) he isn't going to be with you guys
Rights to negotiate with MacA for rights to negotiate with Clarkson.

Mystifo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2012, 01:21 PM
Halpysback*

Quote:
Originally Posted by BonkTastic View Post
According to who? Who said it was deep? Find me someone, anyone, who said the 2012 draft was "deep".
2012 was touted as the deepest draft since 2003 for like a year straight before Grigorienko, Dumba and Forsberg started falling off. Were you not on these forums?

Halpysback* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2012, 03:44 PM
conway902

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halpysback View Post
2012 was touted as the deepest draft since 2003 for like a year straight before Grigorienko, Dumba and Forsberg started falling off. Were you not on these forums?
I read these forums every day and I have no Idea what you were reading but I was reading how it was one of the weakest drafts in years.

conway902 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2012, 03:58 PM
Arrch

Quote:
Originally Posted by conway902 View Post
I read these forums every day and I have no Idea what you were reading but I was reading how it was one of the weakest drafts in years.
I recall hearing about how deep the 2012 draft was back during the 2011 draft. Same thing with the 2011 draft; it happens every single year.

Arrch is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2012, 04:15 PM
MastuhNinks

Quote:
Originally Posted by BonkTastic View Post
Quote:
The story of the 2012 NHL Entry Draft has been one of ups and downs. At the beginning of the season this was considered one of the most exciting and deepest draft classes since 2003. However, this draft class has been plagued by the injury bug and the draft rankings has shifted dramatically, more so than most drafts in recent history.
http://www.defendingbigd.com/2012/5/...hl-entry-draft

http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh...d.php?t=943517

http://www.fantasyhockeycoach.com/ar...hp/t-2276.html

http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh...d.php?t=966909

http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh...d.php?t=935515
etc.

It's pretty cyclical, in the fall the upcoming draft is the best since 2003 and the previous draft was not deep at all, then some time in spring people start calling the upcoming draft weak and shallow and hyping up the draft after that to be the best since 2003. Lots of people were saying 2012 is the deepest draft since '03.

MastuhNinks is offline   Reply With Quote