HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Non-Sports > Geek Emporium
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Geek Emporium Discuss computers, hardware, software, electronics, video games, internet, etc.

GTA Vice City for iOS

Old
12-06-2012, 08:06 PM
DuckJet
Road Rash

vCash: 577
GTA Vice City for iOS

Android version was pulled early. No idea why. Seems to be a pretty decent port, an improvement over GTA3. One of my favorite games of all time so I'm very excited. However the version I've downloaded has crash issues. Regretting paying for it right now maybe it's because I haven't updated my ipod lately.

DuckJet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2012, 10:05 PM
DuckJet
Road Rash

Tried updating my iOS and the crash issues only got worse seems like only the newer I devices work.

Old
12-07-2012, 12:20 AM
MetalheadPenguinsFan
Disco Is Dead!!!

vCash: 1271
I'm sure it'll be on the Playstation Network for $10 soon enough. Just like how GTA III is.

MetalheadPenguinsFan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2012, 12:46 AM
Dolemite
The one...the only..

vCash: 500
Bought it for the iPhone and it works fine so far with the exception of the car radio and the music skips.

Dolemite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2012, 01:41 AM
DuckJet
Road Rash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolemite View Post
Bought it for the iPhone and it works fine so far with the exception of the car radio and the music skips.
Iphone 5?

Old
12-07-2012, 11:59 AM
Tyskie
#Lehnsanity

I bought III a little while back but couldn't get used to the controls. I could be facing my target dead on and my guy would 180 and start shooting random peds. Any improvement in that area?

Tyskie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2012, 03:34 PM
Dolemite
The one...the only..

Wandered around a bit more in the game and noted that the radio problem only seems to be occurring on the crotch rockets so far....and it's annoying.

One other thing I noted when wandering around the back alleys is that many of the textures are wrong or missing altogether. I'm surprised that they let this go given their standards but then I remembered how much of a pain the the backside GTA 4 was to start on the PC and it made sense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyskie View Post
I bought III a little while back but couldn't get used to the controls. I could be facing my target dead on and my guy would 180 and start shooting random peds. Any improvement in that area?
A little but not much. I'm having a hard time jumping on the hoods of moving cars (you can jump on the hoods and take a free ride on top of the car). I did a rampage and getting the weapon you have to fire doesn't always work right when you want. However, when it starts firing it works great. The driving is much better too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckJet View Post
Iphone 5?
4S

Old
12-07-2012, 04:33 PM
DuckJet
Road Rash

Quote:
Wandered around a bit more in the game and noted that the radio problem only seems to be occurring on the crotch rockets so far....and it's annoying.

One other thing I noted when wandering around the back alleys is that many of the textures are wrong or missing altogether. I'm surprised that they let this go given their standards but then I remembered how much of a pain the the backside GTA 4 was to start on the PC and it made sense.

A little but not much. I'm having a hard time jumping on the hoods of moving cars (you can jump on the hoods and take a free ride on top of the car). I did a rampage and getting the weapon you have to fire doesn't always work right when you want. However, when it starts firing it works great. The driving is much better too.

4S
:/ what the hell...I guess the software and hardware on the 4s are an upgrade over the ipod 4 though. This is frustrating. 5 dollars not well spent so far.

Old
12-07-2012, 04:36 PM
shello
@WShello9

Quote:
:/ what the hell...I guess the software and hardware on the 4s are an upgrade over the ipod 4 though. This is frustrating. 5 dollars not well spent so far.
Probably just needs an update for the game, or for some games I've read about you need to turn your phone off and on for it to work better. Sounds dumb but hey if it works. Downloading it now so hoping I have better luck haha.

shello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2012, 05:48 PM
DuckJet
Road Rash

Well turning it on and off DID work for a while. Completed two missions and saved once, but when I went back to save again it crashed.

Old
12-07-2012, 09:09 PM
shello
@WShello9

Quote:
Well turning it on and off DID work for a while. Completed two missions and saved once, but when I went back to save again it crashed.
That's too bad :/. But I'm sure you're not the only one, so they'll send out an update soon enough. Remeber there was a problem with GTA3 when it first came out. Mine seams to be working fine (iphone 4) but I've only finished one mission.

Old
12-14-2012, 06:34 PM
DuckJet
Road Rash

Out for Android now. Downloading it for my S3. The graphics and colors of pretty much every game and video and picture this phone has run has been in the best quality I've seen on any mobile so I'm pretty excited.

Old
12-14-2012, 09:18 PM
shello
@WShello9

Quote:
Out for Android now. Downloading it for my S3. The graphics and colors of pretty much every game and video and picture this phone has run has been in the best quality I've seen on any mobile so I'm pretty excited.
Did it ever start working for your Iphone? I haven't even bothered with the 2nd level yet.

Old
12-15-2012, 03:57 AM
DuckJet
Road Rash

Quote:
Originally Posted by shello View Post
Did it ever start working for your Iphone? I haven't even bothered with the 2nd level yet.
Nope.

I'm already pretty far in the droid version. Honestly, with the exception of the controls it runs just like the PS2 version which is awesome. I mean there are some building models that aren't quite to scale, and there isn't that blurred neon effect that was in the original but that's more a nostalgia thing and not really a performance nuance. Although I can't comment on how this will look or run on older smartphones. As far as colors go, I haven't seen a more brilliant display than the Galaxy s3 on any mobile device. It's even better than the Vita I think, though the Vita has the most impressive graphics I've seen on a mobile.

Old
12-16-2012, 08:44 PM
shello
@WShello9

Quote:
Nope.

I'm already pretty far in the droid version. Honestly, with the exception of the controls it runs just like the PS2 version which is awesome. I mean there are some building models that aren't quite to scale, and there isn't that blurred neon effect that was in the original but that's more a nostalgia thing and not really a performance nuance. Although I can't comment on how this will look or run on older smartphones. As far as colors go, I haven't seen a more brilliant display than the Galaxy s3 on any mobile device. It's even better than the Vita I think, though the Vita has the most impressive graphics I've seen on a mobile.
That's too bad about the iPhone, they just realeased an update today so maybe they fixed the issue.

Old
12-16-2012, 10:51 PM
Gobias Industries

Quote:
Nope.

I have the S3 too, but my buddy has the One-X...it takes the cake for brilliant display in my opinion...

Gobias Industries is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2012, 08:23 PM
Dolemite
The one...the only..

Quote:
Nope.

They pushed out an update a few days ago for iPhone that seemed to have settled down things a bit.

Old
12-18-2012, 11:13 PM
DuckJet
Road Rash

Quote:
They pushed out an update a few days ago for iPhone that seemed to have settled down things a bit.
I installed it but haven't played yet.