HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Oilers - Kings

Old
12-14-2012, 06:25 PM
Petro Points

vCash: 885
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingKopitar11 View Post
I like Clifford he's fast and strong and has decent hands. I really don't see a need for this trade. Mps doesn't seem like he can improve the role of Clifford at all. Our Top 2 is stacked so no.
You guys can insert Paajarvi in your top 6 WHEN Penner decides to take a couple months off. .
Paajarvi would also add some speed to that team.

Im not a Clifford fan but Bernier would certainly interest the Oilers if Khabi calls it quits

Petro Points is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2012, 06:37 PM
KingCanadain1976

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Petro Points View Post
You guys can insert Paajarvi in your top 6 WHEN Penner decides to take a couple months off. .
Paajarvi would also add some speed to that team.

Im not a Clifford fan but Bernier would certainly interest the Oilers if Khabi calls it quits
well we have that covered for this year. At lw brown penner gagne king and clifford with richardson also capable Only reason to aquire mps is if we put him in the ahl and wait till next year but there are serveral better options thru free agency lupal or morrow come to mind. Again i don't see the kings tradeing bernier to edmonton in fact i dont see him being traded within the conference. The kings simply dont want to have to play against him for his carrer

KingCanadain1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2012, 12:20 AM
Rorschach
33 #nottobedenied

We're stacked at every position on the NHL level. The only things we need are a young stud d-man and a decent 1st rounder in case more than one of our top players goes down and we need a rental for the playoffs.

In other words, we need what you guys would want to trade the least of, outside the big 4.

Rorschach is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2012, 12:50 AM
lakai17

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devilspuppet666 View Post
dont think he'll be as effective as clifford... but i think the oilers should hang on too him or trade him in a package for a young top 6 dman with top 4 upside.... or just see what he becomes lol
can't be much worse than Jankowski, in reality I wonder who should have been drafted higher. Moroz or Jankowski.

lakai17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2012, 12:52 AM
lakai17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rorschach View Post
We're stacked at every position on the NHL level. The only things we need are a young stud d-man and a decent 1st rounder in case more than one of our top players goes down and we need a rental for the playoffs.

In other words, we need what you guys would want to trade the least of, outside the big 4.
oh we are on the same level? or considering the boys are younger, are we on another level? rebuild.

Old
12-15-2012, 12:55 AM
lakai17

if Clifford is the next Laraque sign this guy up!!!

Old
12-15-2012, 12:56 AM
lakai17

Jones + Teubert?

or is that still overpayment?

Old
12-15-2012, 01:03 AM
Calirose

From a Kings fan. Cliffy is one of a few of our players who has never wow'ed me.

So yes, lets do this!

Calirose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2012, 03:37 AM
LPH
[hello] :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by driller1 View Post
I don't understand the logic that King and Nolan make Clifford expendable. The Kings have an identity- as a big team that will pummel the crap out of the opposition. Every single team that we played in the playoffs commented on the forecheck and the size of the Kings forwards presenting problems. Having King and Clifford as 3rd and 4th LW is pretty intimidating. MPS is a nice player and all, but unless we're changing our style of play, I see no reason to trade grit.
never really understood this argument. If you are known as a team with size that "bang and crash" it probably means that you are short in the quick, skilled player department. It looks like a good trade to me. Also MPS is no slouch physically, when I have seen him in OKC (only about 6 games) he looked like he was quite physical.

LPH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2012, 03:50 AM
Rorschach
33 #nottobedenied

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakai17 View Post
oh we are on the same level? or considering the boys are younger, are we on another level? rebuild.
Nope, we're champs and should be perennial contenders, built with many key pieces from the former Oilers no less, while the current Oilers have been a lottery team for half a decade. What I'm saying is that you guys are looking for stud d men and your 1st rounders are more valuable than most teams.

I doubt we're going to get either asset for a player like Clifford.

Rorschach is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2012, 11:40 AM
CM Lundqvist
Best In The World

I don't do this if I'm either team.

If I'm the Kings, I hold onto the kid that fits their bottom-6 much better right now.

If I'm the Oilers, I hold onto the kid that has a lot of potential, especially when you would be getting back an almost redundant part.

CM Lundqvist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2012, 05:15 PM
Rod Buskas*

Quote:
Originally Posted by nzoilerfan View Post
Paajarvi can suit the kings due to his good forechecking and back checking. While adding speed and still be able to chip in offensively. Yes they will lose some size but I feel like they could use the speed more.

Clifford is exactly what the oilers want in the bottom six. But they need to be using their good trade assets to find more of a top six guy.
Lombardi/Sutter will never go for this trade until MSP shows that he can play a heavier game.

Rod Buskas* is offline   Reply With Quote