HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > International Tournaments
International Tournaments Discuss international tournaments such as the World Juniors, Olympic hockey, and Ice Hockey World Championships, as they take place; or discuss past tournaments.

Roster Talk '13 — Canada 5.0

Closed Thread

Old
12-14-2012, 06:01 PM
SDig14

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberation View Post
Typical Canadian way.

Call the other teams soft.

Then when a Canadian gets blasted, omg suspension suspension.
Not sure where you got that from, but it made less than no sense based on what I wrote.

Old
12-14-2012, 06:20 PM
MikeModano9

Nuge has taken a leadership role since the day he showed up. He talked to the media about it. Then they roomed him with Mackinnon obviously to further his role. I'm not surprised he received the C. I figured they'd of given him an "A" but the captaincy isn't a surprise to me.

Old
12-14-2012, 06:26 PM
Joey Moss
Proud to select...

vCash: 226
Are people seriously debating over the captaincy? How can you not pick the guy who's played 80+ games of pro hockey and is clearly the best player on the team? All of the guys on the roster will be looking up to him when they need someone to step up.

Old
12-14-2012, 06:28 PM
JaredCowenFan
ErikKarlssonFan

There is no questions asked on this one, lol. Guys don't kid yourself. It is self explanitory that RNH should be captain becuase he is the only player on the team who has had a whole year of NHL experience and then some.

Old
12-14-2012, 06:35 PM
MyNameIsNobody*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kid Dynamite View Post
How exactly did you come to this conclusion? Has he been hit out of games in the NHL? Nope. Has he been hit out of games in the AHL? Nope. Was he hit out of the tournament in the WC? Nope. Yet, you think he won't be able to handle the physicality of a U20 tournament? The kid is 6'1 and I bet around 185 right now, he isn't exactly small for a U20 tournament. He isn't big by any means, but what you posted is ridiculous.
Remember ovechkin how hit got hit out of the gold medal. Do you homework before. You come up with ur stupidities.

Old
12-14-2012, 06:42 PM
MyNameIsNobody*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberation View Post
Typical Canadian way.

Call the other teams soft.

Then when a Canadian gets blasted, omg suspension suspension.
Most of the people on this board don't know anything and are sheep. Follow the master. No matter what team spot picked I suspect 80 percent of people would follow like sheep. I want people to rub it in my face and prove me wrong at the end. I will be here in January to rub it in all your faces. I'm the biggest team Canada supporter but I will voice my disagreement.

Old
12-14-2012, 06:43 PM
The Saurus

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyNameIsNobody View Post
Remember ovechkin how hit got hit out of the gold medal. Do you homework before. You come up with ur stupidities.
Quote:
Most of the people on this board don't know anything and are sheep. Follow the master. No matter what team spot picked I suspect 80 percent of people would follow like sheep. I want people to rub it in my face and prove me wrong at the end. I will be here in January to rub it in all your faces. I'm the biggest team Canada supporter but I will voice my disagreement.
You seem to be taking this personally. Did you get cut?

Old
12-14-2012, 06:44 PM
The Bored Man

vCash: 537
Quote:
You are a true inspiration to us all, mighty Internet Warrior. May the luck of the celestial keyboards be forever on your side in your quest to destroy the forces of evil. There are no bounds to your audacity and wisdom.

Old
12-14-2012, 06:48 PM
MyNameIsNobody*

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Saurus View Post
You seem to be taking this personally. Did you get cut?
Good one. Llllol. No I love my international hockey more than my NHL. I will not follow like sheep like fools on this board. That's the problem with Canadians overall ( not just in hockey but in everyday life) sheep. I'm not asking for Canadians to be like Americans but to voice disagreements at every opportunity.

Old
12-14-2012, 06:50 PM
bigbadbruins7

dont really know whats going on here. just a question i thought someone might be able to answer. will the sea dogs have played the four game suspension that the CHL assesed huberdeau by the time the tournament started?

Old
12-14-2012, 06:50 PM
MyNameIsNobody*

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Bored Man View Post
You are a true inspiration to us all, mighty Internet Warrior. May the luck of the celestial keyboards be forever on your side in your quest to destroy the forces of evil. There are no bounds to your audacity and wisdom.

Funny. Internet warrior. I like that. I'll be back so you can rub it in my face, but I doubt it.

Old
12-14-2012, 06:51 PM
Pekka Rinne

Quote:
Good one. Llllol. No I love my international hockey more than my NHL. I will not follow like sheep like fools on this board. That's the problem with Canadians overall ( not just in hockey but in everyday life) sheep. I'm not asking for Canadians to be like Americans but to voice disagreements at every opportunity.
HAHA omg, how about we all just calm down here. Just take a seat there keyboard warrior.

Old
12-14-2012, 06:52 PM
MyNameIsNobody*

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbadbruins7 View Post
dont really know whats going on here. just a question i thought someone might be able to answer. will the sea dogs have played the four game suspension that the CHL assesed huberdeau by the time the tournament started?
After the wjc hub will probably head straight to the NHL ( if there is an NHL) hell probably never end up serving the suspension.

Old
12-14-2012, 06:54 PM
MyNameIsNobody*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pekka Rinne View Post
HAHA omg, how about we all just calm down here. Just take a seat there keyboard warrior.
I'm calm. What makes you think I'm not calm? There u go making assumptions. I bet you love the make up of this team don't you?

Old
12-14-2012, 06:55 PM
GuillaumeLetsundress
Formerly Pheramone

Quote:
watch out for this guy,

Old
12-14-2012, 06:56 PM
GuillaumeLetsundress
Formerly Pheramone

Quote:
I'm calm. What makes you think I'm not calm? There u go making assumptions. I bet you love the make up of this team don't you?
there you go making assumptions

Old
12-14-2012, 06:56 PM
MyNameIsNobody*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pheramone View Post
watch out for this guy,
Why ? Because I voice my disagreement ?

Old
12-14-2012, 06:57 PM
NightBlazer

vCash: 137
I'm also concerned about the lack of size and toughness, but at the same time it could go the other way and the skill might blow teams outta the water. I like the Drouin selection and I think he's gonna be one of Canada's best forwards.

Old
12-14-2012, 06:57 PM
bigbadbruins7

Quote:
After the wjc hub will probably head straight to the NHL ( if there is an NHL) hell probably never end up serving the suspension.
ok but say there is not an NHL. is huberdeau serving his suspension witht he games he is missing for camp or will he serve them when he gets back from Ufa?

Old
12-14-2012, 06:58 PM
MyNameIsNobody*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pheramone View Post
there you go making assumptions
Exactly my point

Old
12-14-2012, 07:00 PM
MyNameIsNobody*

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbadbruins7 View Post
ok but say there is not an NHL. is huberdeau serving his suspension witht he games he is missing for camp or will he serve them when he gets back from Ufa?
He needs to serve the games as an active player in Quebec. But this is all a mute point as he will probably never serve his suspension.

Old
12-14-2012, 07:04 PM
bigbadbruins7

Quote:
He needs to serve the games as an active player in Quebec. But this is all a mute point as he will probably never serve his suspension.
ok well thank you for answering my question. apparently there are some questions with Noesen and that is why i was asking

Old
12-14-2012, 07:11 PM
Kid Dynamite
Pro Scout

vCash: 400
Quote:
I'm sorry, can you please explain how this relates to Nugent-Hopkins. Remember when Tavares didn't get knocked out and dominated as a 17 year old?

Old
12-14-2012, 07:15 PM
Puritania

vCash: 1206
Quote:
Why ? Because I voice my disagreement ?
Because you insult people if they don't agree with your opinion. You cry about people making assumptions and then call everyone sheep if they don't agree with you. Then you get all huffy when people respond to your nonsense.

Old
12-14-2012, 07:21 PM
SDig14

I'm a big fan of going with a ton of skill.

We still have a lot of big bodies up front, i.e. Scheifele, Ritchie, Jenner, etc., and plenty of bigger guys on the backend as well.

It's been 4 years since we have won this tournament, why not change it up a bit? The "big" and intimidating team has been beaten before.

Closed Thread