HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Tim Thomas to Toronto

Old
12-14-2012, 06:28 PM
DougGilmour93

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by skywarp75 View Post
and you dont think a more appealing city would make a similar offer? (im not dissing toronto, but timmy is an american right wing extremist)
I'm sure Burkie could be persuasive.

DougGilmour93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2012, 07:23 PM
OrrCam

Quote:
Originally Posted by skywarp75 View Post
Luongo is a consumate professional and teammate. Thomas is a self centered ******.
Love Thomas. He won us a cup. He's not a bleeding heart, pinko commie Liberal. So ******* what! That just puts him on the right team in my book. That said, he won't play for the B's again, so I hope he retires happily in Colorado.

As for comparing goaltending prowess, Tim Thomas beats Floppy Luongoal all day every day (tires and all) with one had tied behind his back. Face it. If there was a goaltending contest between the two, when both should have been at their best, I think we saw it in the 2011 playoffs. Oh that's right. There was no contest now was there?

OrrCam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2012, 07:42 PM
CanuckLuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrrCam View Post
Love Thomas. He won us a cup. He's not a bleeding heart, pinko commie Liberal. So ******* what! That just puts him on the right team in my book. That said, he won't play for the B's again, so I hope he retires happily in Colorado.

As for comparing goaltending prowess, Tim Thomas beats Floppy Luongoal all day every day (tires and all) with one had tied behind his back. Face it. If there was a goaltending contest between the two, when both should have been at their best, I think we saw it in the 2011 playoffs. Oh that's right. There was no contest now was there?
Over their careers Luongo has been a much more consistent and solid goaltender.

Over the later years of Thomas' career he has been the best goaltender in the league. If this is your way to discredit Luo it probably isn't the best argument.

CanuckLuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2012, 07:43 PM
CanuckLuck

Still laughing at 'goaltending contest' though.

CanuckLuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2012, 08:07 PM
CellarDweller0

Quote:

The teams in front of Thomas and Lou had more to do with the outcome.

CellarDweller0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2012, 08:11 PM
BlueBaron

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanuckLuck View Post
Over their careers Luongo has been a much more consistent and solid goaltender.

Over the later years of Thomas' career he has been the best goaltender in the league. If this is your way to discredit Luo it probably isn't the best argument.
It's a funny comparrison. Thomas's top two years are better than Luongo's, but he became an NHLer so late and always had a great team in front of him.

Luongo hit the NHL right out of the draft, has been consistantly good on some bad teams but has never got the hardware. Vezna or Cup.

I think anyone would rather have Luongo as their guy for so many reasons on and off the ice.

BlueBaron is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2012, 08:19 PM
skywarp75

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueBaron View Post
It's a funny comparrison. Thomas's top two years are better than Luongo's, but he became an NHLer so late and always had a great team in front of him.

Luongo hit the NHL right out of the draft, has been consistantly good on some bad teams but has never got the hardware. Vezna or Cup.

I think anyone would rather have Luongo as their guy for so many reasons on and off the ice.
and take note that timmys top seasons came with Big Z infront of him, which is something Lu has never been close to. mitchell and hamhuis have been great, but Z is a different kind of force.

skywarp75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2012, 08:38 PM
Jerkini

I prefer never to deal with the Boston Bruins again.

Jerkini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2012, 11:49 PM
Pyrophorus

Send a message via MSN to Pyrophorus Send a message via Yahoo to Pyrophorus Send a message via Skype™ to Pyrophorus
Quote:
Originally Posted by DougGilmour93 View Post
I guess I just disagree. I think Burke would welcome a fellow American (as it seems to be his thing anyways) It would be the perfect fit as we'd only have to sign him for 1 to 2 years, wouldn't have to give up any assets and it gives Reimer some more time to develop his game.

The more and more I think about it, the more excited I get.
Burke did say, if TT played under him, he would try to convince him to go to the Whitehouse, for the sake of the team.

The team first attitude is the same reason, why he pursued Kessel.

Pyrophorus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2012, 06:28 AM
nmbr_24

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueBaron View Post

You mean like the year before they drafted Kessel 5th overall?

nmbr_24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2012, 12:08 PM
RogerRoeper*

Honestly, I was a big fan of the idea of getting Thomas on the Leafs. I'd prefer him much more over Luongo.

That said, once Thomas denounced gay rights it ended any chance of Burke adding him to the team.

RogerRoeper* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2012, 04:29 PM
LPH
[hello] :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmbr_24 View Post
You mean like the year before they drafted Kessel 5th overall?
his stats are far from impressive that year and the following one

LPH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2012, 04:56 PM
MioneRask134

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystifo View Post
I think he was referring to the disaster it would be in interviews not on the ice. There is no doubt that TT would bring the skills on the ice.

He's not a disaster in interviews. The only time he talks politics, is on his facebook. The guy isn't bad as everyone is portraying.

MioneRask134 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2012, 05:02 PM
LPH
[hello] :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mione134 View Post
He's not a disaster in interviews. The only time he talks politics, is on his facebook. The guy isn't bad as everyone is portraying.
I think he would be fine, if he wanted to come to Toronto. No idea if he would though.

LPH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2012, 12:35 PM
FerrisRox

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rinzler View Post
Burke is a character first kind of guy.
Burke not only acquired Dion Phaneuf, he gave him the "C." I think you can dismiss the notion he's a character first kind of guy.

FerrisRox is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2012, 01:21 PM
glenbuis

As an outside observer, (neither canucks or bruins fan) there really is no comparison between lu and tim. Luongo was a sieve who lost his spot and over the last year or two he's been brutal. Any team considering picking him up with his contract would be insane. You would be lucky to get 1 or 2 good years from him but ur on the hook for 10. Thomas on the other hand was a runaway conn smythe winner who was unbeatable. His problem is his age and jelly-belly. If he really thinks he could take a year off and come back and be usa's goalie at the olympics ahead of Quick or Miller, he's got a screw loose. I think a team like toronto would be making a big mistake to cough up any meaningful assets for either one.

glenbuis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2012, 01:33 PM
glenbuis

oops. forgot to add that it would have so sweet if carey price never took it easy on thomas in there fight and kept punching him. I would have gave a right nut to see his smug face in the interview after the game knowing he was carey's *****.

glenbuis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2012, 01:35 PM
Numbers

Quote:
If this season is lost is Thomas a Free agent? If he is, perhaps we could simply sign him than. He could be a great mentor for Reimer. Plus he'd be in Canada so no more schnanigans with American politics
That's a scary thought.

Numbers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2012, 04:28 PM
DougGilmour93

Quote:
Originally Posted by Numbers View Post
That's a scary thought.
Well at least it gives more time for Reimer to develop.

Old
12-16-2012, 05:45 PM
Numbers

Quote:
Well at least it gives more time for Reimer to develop.
Just don't get why Burke would be interested in Thomas when he could have went after Vokoun?

Old
12-16-2012, 06:02 PM
DougGilmour93

Quote:
Just don't get why Burke would be interested in Thomas when he could have went after Vokoun?
I thought he would have as well, but maybe the trade with Pittsburgh was consumated quickly?

Old
12-16-2012, 08:50 PM
Numbers

Quote:
I thought he would have as well, but maybe the trade with Pittsburgh was consumated quickly?
What trade? Vokoun went to Pittsburgh as a free agent.....

Old
12-16-2012, 08:51 PM
TmlHockeyFan

Quote:
Well Thomas>>>Vokoun.

TmlHockeyFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2012, 08:51 PM
Vankiller Whale
And so it begins

Quote:
What trade? Vokoun went to Pittsburgh as a free agent.....
He was traded for a 7th rounder and signed almost immediately, so presumably they had a deal in place beforehand.

Vankiller Whale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2012, 10:55 PM
y2kcanucks
Cult of Personality

Send a message via AIM to y2kcanucks
Quote:

Well when one goaltender has a team that's 95% healthy, and the other has a defense that's 100% injured/suspended/rookies what do you expect will happen?