HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Notices

Philadelphia Eagles (NFL): ESPN: Eagles Land Kelly (Jan. 16)

Closed Thread

Old
12-13-2012, 10:08 PM
Justified
Amaro out

vCash: 673
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLegendkiller View Post
Out of the two of us, which one called the Eagles comeback against the Giants in 2010? Yeah, thats what I thought. Don't ever doubt me.
sure you did and good for you. Who cares as that season led to nothing. they are going to lose out and get a top 5 pick. I love it.

Last edited by Justified: 12-13-2012 at 10:16 PM.
Old
12-13-2012, 10:23 PM
TheLegendkiller

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justified View Post
sure you did and good for you. Who cares as that season led to nothing. they are going to lose out and get a top 5 pick. I love it.

Well they can get a top 5 pick cause they suck, not cause they chose to lose.

Old
12-13-2012, 10:42 PM
Mr.Krinkle
Pod 6 is Jerks

So who does Reid fire in blame this week? Himself?

Old
12-13-2012, 10:44 PM
TheLegendkiller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Krinkle View Post
So who does Reid fire in blame this week? Himself?
Bobby April.

Old
12-13-2012, 10:50 PM
Krishna
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 50
Well that was ugly

12-13-2012, 10:54 PM
Krishna
HFBoards Sponsor

So, everybody off the foles train?

Old
12-13-2012, 11:03 PM
Mr.Krinkle
Pod 6 is Jerks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krishna View Post
So, everybody off the foles train?
Not yet. I didn't care for all of those 1st down shots down the field....that just puts too much pressure on the kid, they needed to establish the run earlier, but that's the least of their worries. 6 *** turnovers, and Foles was only responsible for the one pick. 2 special teams miscues and then 3 fumbles from 3 different guys? Not many QB's are going to look good in that situation.

Old
12-13-2012, 11:26 PM
Phileeguy
G's got good hands.

Eagles are a missed field goal and a last second touchdown away from a 12 game losing streak. Funny game, this football.

This loss cements Andy's firing IMO. Lurie probably already had his mind made up earlier this year, but had Andy won 4 straight to end the season I'm sure there would be a way he could've convinced himself to keep Andy around. Hell, he already did exactly that last year. I'm sure he would've spun it to the media that he wasn't really lying about the 8-8 remark because of his injuries caveat he threw in there.

Old
12-14-2012, 12:15 AM
TheLegendkiller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phileeguy View Post
Eagles are a missed field goal and a last second touchdown away from a 12 game losing streak. Funny game, this football.

This loss cements Andy's firing IMO. Lurie probably already had his mind made up earlier this year, but had Andy won 4 straight to end the season I'm sure there would be a way he could've convinced himself to keep Andy around. Hell, he already did exactly that last year. I'm sure he would've spun it to the media that he wasn't really lying about the 8-8 remark because of his injuries caveat he threw in there.
I almost feel like the team should focus on figuring out who they want back next year and erasing the perceptions that they are a "soft" team. People might not agree but at this point I would let the team run wild and take some shots on some other players. If teams are going to beat you they're going to pay for it. If you don't like the cocky attitude of qbs and wrs scoring touchdowns I'd say knock them on their ass. Don't even worry about flags. Doesn't matter anyway. Basically make every game like the "Body Bag Game".

Old
12-14-2012, 01:16 AM
RussianRocket10

Some things I noticed after watching some of the game.

1. The D-Line isn't horrible now that they're not playing that Wide 9.

2. They need to work on redzone offense.

3. I've seen middle school kids that can hold on to the ball better than this team.

Old
12-14-2012, 09:21 AM
MRxBLACK
Charlie don't surf!

vCash: 0
Quote:
If teams are going to beat you they're going to pay for it. If you don't like the cocky attitude of qbs and wrs scoring touchdowns I'd say knock them on their ass. Don't even worry about flags. Doesn't matter anyway. Basically make every game like the "Body Bag Game".
Goon it up, eh? Good idea but there isn't many tough players on this team.

Old
12-14-2012, 09:56 AM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Wing or Retire!

vCash: 156
Quote:
I almost feel like the team should focus on figuring out who they want back next year and erasing the perceptions that they are a "soft" team. People might not agree but at this point I would let the team run wild and take some shots on some other players. If teams are going to beat you they're going to pay for it. If you don't like the cocky attitude of qbs and wrs scoring touchdowns I'd say knock them on their ass. Don't even worry about flags. Doesn't matter anyway. Basically make every game like the "Body Bag Game".
I doubt the players and coaches want to lose money to fines, and get investigated by the league.

12-14-2012, 01:41 PM
TheLegendkiller

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRxBLACK View Post
Goon it up, eh? Good idea but there isn't many tough players on this team.
This is true, but guys need to start playing for their trouble. Earlier in the year, Vick was getting leveled at will. Somebody should have at least gotten into somebody on the other team's face for that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheesesteak Invictus View Post
I doubt the players and coaches want to lose money to fines, and get investigated by the league.
Nothing too ridiculous, just lay people out. The 9ers, Steelers, and Ravens do it all the time. I just kinda got super angry when Andy ****ing Dalton decided to spike that ball in the endzone. There should have been problems after that.

Old
12-14-2012, 01:47 PM
RussianRocket10

Quote:
Nothing too ridiculous, just lay people out. The 9ers, Steelers, and Ravens do it all the time. I just kinda got super angry when Andy ****ing Dalton decided to spike that ball in the endzone. There should have been problems after that.
Well you can prevent that by not letting him run it in.

Old
12-14-2012, 01:55 PM
TheLegendkiller

Quote:
Originally Posted by RussianRocket10 View Post
Well you can prevent that by not letting him run it in.

True, but if somebody does get in and wants to spike the ball in YOUR endzone then there should be problems after that. I kinda wish football was more like hockey. I hate that all those NFL guys are friends now. Ruins the hate.

Old
12-14-2012, 02:04 PM
RussianRocket10

As the weeks go by I start to hate Bryce Butterfingers Brown more and more.

Old
12-14-2012, 02:05 PM
Phileeguy
G's got good hands.

Quote:
True, but if somebody does get in and wants to spike the ball in YOUR endzone then there should be problems after that. I kinda wish football was more like hockey. I hate that all those NFL guys are friends now. Ruins the hate.
I think you're overvaluing spiking the ball in the endzone if you're the visiting team a bit. It's pretty much the least disrespectful thing one can do after a touchdown these days apart from just handing the ball off to a ref. It happens way too often.

The fact that nothing happened afterwards didn't surprise me, nor upset me. Now when Victor Cruz - a division rival - salsa dances in your endzone and no one really got up in his grill offended me a bit more.

Old
12-14-2012, 02:15 PM
TheLegendkiller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phileeguy View Post
I think you're overvaluing spiking the ball in the endzone if you're the visiting team a bit. It's pretty much the least disrespectful thing one can do after a touchdown these days apart from just handing the ball off to a ref. It happens way too often.

The fact that nothing happened afterwards didn't surprise me, nor upset me. Now when Victor Cruz - a division rival - salsa dances in your endzone and no one really got up in his grill offended me a bit more.
That guy should have been laid out a long time ago. But yeah seriously, I hope our next coach is more "Buddy Ryan" and less "Andy Reid" in terms of team identity.

Old
12-14-2012, 02:55 PM
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...

One guy who I like how he has played is Colt Anderson. Gotta say, was worries with a small corner, but the guy can tackle well and brings some energy to that defense.

Old
12-14-2012, 05:46 PM
Krishna
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:

Old
12-14-2012, 07:07 PM
4thline4life
The Mased God

Quote:
Im hating Andy Reid more and more. Brown hasn't played since high school and his running style shows it as he runs with the ball out which you can get away with at that level. A half way decent coach could correct it..

Old
12-14-2012, 07:30 PM
Krishna
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheIceman26 View Post
Im hating Andy Reid more and more. Brown hasn't played since high school and his running style shows it as he runs with the ball out which you can get away with at that level. A half way decent coach could correct it..
It's not a problem that just Brown is having. A lot of runningbacks that make the jump to the NFL tend to have those problems.

Adrian Peterson had 4, 9, and 7 fumbles respectively in his first 3 years with 7 of them lost.

Duce Staley also had that in his first 3 years

Staley has been helping him learn to hold onto the ball better but it's going to take more than a few games

Old
12-14-2012, 07:41 PM
4thline4life
The Mased God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krishna View Post
It's not a problem that just Brown is having. A lot of runningbacks that make the jump to the NFL tend to have those problems.

Adrian Peterson had 4, 9, and 7 fumbles respectively in his first 3 years with 7 of them lost.

Duce Staley also had that in his first 3 years

Staley has been helping him learn to hold onto the ball better but it's going to take more than a few games
Exactly the fumbles don't bother me as long as he learns from it, he ll be fine. Besides his ball handling, he has the makings of a star rb.

Old
12-14-2012, 08:30 PM
SeanCWombBroom
DownieFaceSoftener

AP had fumbilitis something vicious. It can be turned around.

Old
12-14-2012, 08:40 PM
Justified
Amaro out

vCash: 673
I still remember the last game of the season 10 years ago against the Giants. Tiki fumbled 4 times, but he eventually fixed that. I think Brown can too, but we will see.

Closed Thread