HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Edler + Schneider

Old
12-14-2012, 07:27 AM
Vankiller Whale
Win it for AV

vCash: 1675
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack de la Hoya View Post
I realize that. Still seems a pretty significant overpayment. Even if you assume Voracek straight-up is a fair offer for Schneider (I don't think you would find a single Flyers fan who would do that), it still leaves Couturier + 1st for Edler as a rental.
I was thinking more along the lines of Couturier = Schneider and Voracek + 1st for Edler.

I wouldn't trade Schneider for Voracek.

Vankiller Whale is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2012, 07:32 AM
Phion Keneuf
Bang Bang

vCash: 500
So basically Schneider + 3rd rounder.

Lol at getting Kane/Kessel

Phion Keneuf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2012, 07:56 AM
Vankiller Whale
Win it for AV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phion Keneuf View Post

If it was a value of: Schneider + 3rd, then you are right in that there is no chance we get Kessel or Kane. But that's not what the title says. Would you trade Kadri + 3rd rounder for Luongo? Oh, so I'd guess you'd also trade Lupul + Kadri as well, right?

Old
12-14-2012, 08:06 AM
Yossarian54

Quote:
Originally Posted by InfinityIggy View Post
Ryder + Halak + 2nd?
Ballard + Raymond + 1st.

Wait.

Yossarian54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2012, 08:55 AM
ATdaisuki
invisible

a deal around zibanejad (c/w?) or mark stone (rw), wiercioch (d), 1st, and possibly another piece for edler? the deal would have to be for a signed edler, so we'd have to negotiate with him before-hand.

zibby has the physical tools but hasn't put it together yet. he plays center, but we were trying to get him to adjust to the wing. to be honest, playing him on the wing wasn't working well, but he's still young. if you can get him to put everything together on the wing, he could play with the sedins. stone has (very) high end hockey sense and is a good passer and shooter. he isn't a great skater though. i think playing with other players with high hockey sense like the sedins would be good for him.

sens fans had high expectations for wier. after disappointing last season in the ahl, and a serious injury where he got a puck to the throat, it wasn't looking good for him. he hit the gym last summer like most people were saying he needed to do and is no longer a beanpole that gets pushed around in his own end. he's shooting more and showing off the offensive skills he was drafted for. wiercioch has been the best defense man on a great defensive team in binghamton. lots of sens fans saying he could step up and play in the big league after the lockout (even if cowen wasn't out for the season). hockey db has him up at 6'5, 210 (i think that's off a bit. he was 185 last year, hard to believe he put on that much muscle).

if we needed the + what would it be? hope it's not too much.

edler-karlsson........HNNNNNNNNNNNG

ATdaisuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2012, 09:46 AM
JuniorNelson

vCash: 50
Edler for Latendresse or Abdelkader would be fine.

JuniorNelson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2012, 10:16 AM
GoTeamDom

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATdaisuki View Post
a deal around zibanejad (c/w?) or mark stone (rw), wiercioch (d), 1st, and possibly another piece for edler? the deal would have to be for a signed edler, so we'd have to negotiate with him before-hand.

zibby has the physical tools but hasn't put it together yet. he plays center, but we were trying to get him to adjust to the wing. to be honest, playing him on the wing wasn't working well, but he's still young. if you can get him to put everything together on the wing, he could play with the sedins. stone has (very) high end hockey sense and is a good passer and shooter. he isn't a great skater though. i think playing with other players with high hockey sense like the sedins would be good for him.

sens fans had high expectations for wier. after disappointing last season in the ahl, and a serious injury where he got a puck to the throat, it wasn't looking good for him. he hit the gym last summer like most people were saying he needed to do and is no longer a beanpole that gets pushed around in his own end. he's shooting more and showing off the offensive skills he was drafted for. wiercioch has been the best defense man on a great defensive team in binghamton. lots of sens fans saying he could step up and play in the big league after the lockout (even if cowen wasn't out for the season). hockey db has him up at 6'5, 210 (i think that's off a bit. he was 185 last year, hard to believe he put on that much muscle).

Done. Love Wiercioch, Z extends our window, mid-to-late first will help.

There is still the matter of Lu wanting to leave, but assuming he has a change of heart, done.

GoTeamDom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2012, 10:50 AM
Vankiller Whale
Win it for AV

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoTeamDom View Post

There is still the matter of Lu wanting to leave, but assuming he has a change of heart, done.
I'm pretty sure that offer was for Edler alone. Although I'd much rather keep Edler than give him up for that, but it's still a solid offer.

Old
12-14-2012, 10:59 AM
pdd

Quote:
Originally Posted by skywarp75 View Post
a kings ransom...
But Jimmy Carson is retired, and you can't trade cash anymore...

Quote:
Originally Posted by JuniorNelson View Post
Edler for Abdelkader would be fine.
DONE. Did I mention done?

Should Wings fans take the ski masks off now?

pdd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2012, 10:59 AM
InfinityIggy
No Longer Flammable

vCash: 150
Quote:
Originally Posted by roach9 View Post
Is this a joke? Ryder and Halak don't play on the same team?

Are you 12?
Setting up the play?

InfinityIggy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2012, 11:28 AM
Cogburn

Quote:
Originally Posted by sully1410 View Post
I highly doubt Vancouver would move him at the deadline regardless...they are a lock to at least make the playoffs and will need him once there. They'll roll the dice and try to resign him for sure. If not, his rights become worth a 4th rd pick probably?

However...

If he was signed, we're looking at the Brent Burns Trade at a bare minimum. As an impending UFA, he returned a top six fwd, albeit a low ranking one by all counts, a B prospect and a late first.

Your probably looking at the frame work of that trade...except better. A forward that is a solid second liner, not one that struggles there, an A prospect, not blue chip by any means, but a really good one and a 1st rd...and depending on where that is probably a 2nd as well. You could do a top four defensemen as well.

Thats just for Edler.

As for Schneider...probably a top line fwd, or something similar to the edler package.

From the jets, fair value(not saying i would do it...but for the sake of value and because it is the team i am the most familiar with)

E.Kane, Burmistrov, Klingberg/Kosmachuk, 1st, 2nd.

Once again...not saying id do it...but i think thats pretty fair value.
Sully, my friend, are you sure you're not a closet Canucks fan? I mean I'm not sure I'd do it, but that is a nice return for our boys. I can't say I know too too much about Klingberg or Kosmachuk, but for two pieces the Jets...well hopefully don't need...I'd like to tweak it a little bit (additional prospects seem redundant with Kane and Burmistrov's respective ages), but I could get behind this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATdaisuki View Post

Zibanejad, Wiercoch and a 1st? Tempting, but we'd need something to impact our roster now if we're losing Edler. And yes, negotiating rights would be given before hand in the event of a trade like this, naturally. I think Sully's offer is ahead of yours Not by a ton mind you, but Kane is a home town boy, we know what we have in him too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoTeamDom View Post

I think it's more Lu doesn't want to be viewed as a back up, and have his ice time reduced further (from 70 something games to 40 or 50 something last season). I'd love to keep both, but I'm happy with either.

Cogburn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2012, 03:15 PM
Virtanev
+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phion Keneuf View Post

So going by that logic every defender on the Leafs is worth less than a 3 rd. Because Edler>>Any Leafs Defender.

Virtanev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2012, 03:16 PM
Virtanev
+

Quote:
Originally Posted by JuniorNelson View Post
Edler for Latendresse or Abdelkader would be fine.

Virtanev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2012, 04:28 PM
deckercky

Luongo, Ballard and Raymond for Edler and Schneider

Elite goaltender, top 4 defenceman and a top 6 forward must be good value.

deckercky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2012, 04:32 PM
Linden*
[hello] :)

We are NOT trading Edler or Schneider for multiple lesser pieces because we do NOT need to trade them. We will resign Edler, then and only then, will we entertain any trade offers because most in this thread have been insulting.

Linden* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2012, 05:23 PM
etherialone
dialed in your mom

CS is one of the best young goalies I have seen come along in awhile. He is better than Bernier and more ready to take a starting role in the NHL. If the Canucks deal him they will regret it. What is he worth? I think he is worth a top 3 forward or 1st pairing D without blinking an eye depending on how elite the player might be.

etherialone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2012, 05:40 PM
Samzilla
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by live playoff hockey View Post
We are NOT trading Edler or Schneider for multiple lesser pieces because we do NOT need to trade them. We will resign Edler, then and only then, will we entertain any trade offers because most in this thread have been insulting.
I've seen a good one and an interesting one, which is an infinite number more than I saw in the Lu threads.

Samzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2012, 07:44 PM
supert

Quote:
Originally Posted by stryfe604 View Post
In all honesty, I highly doubt any trade involving Edler would happen without the team speaking to him first. Any time I see a Edler trade, I automatically would assume the trade would be contingent on the basis that the GM of said team would be able to speak and or negotiate with Edler before a trade would happen. Also the trade would have to happen way before free agency, so there is an advantage for the team dealing with Gillis to even make the trade and not just wait it out and sign him to free agency.
Well thats makes it totally different . He would be far the best D man on the Oilers if we could get him . Highly unlikely , The Canucks wouldn't trade him to the Oilers and if they did it would take an over payment that would set our rebuild back a few years

supert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2012, 07:59 PM
Yzlamic Preacher
Believes in Yzergod

Quote:
Originally Posted by deckercky View Post
Luongo, Ballard and Raymond for Edler and Schneider

Elite goaltender, top 4 defenceman and a top 6 forward must be good value.
What does this mean?

Yzlamic Preacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2012, 08:40 PM
sully1410
#BandOfBeavers

vCash: 72
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cogburn View Post
Sully, my friend, are you sure you're not a closet Canucks fan? I mean I'm not sure I'd do it, but that is a nice return for our boys. I can't say I know too too much about Klingberg or Kosmachuk, but for two pieces the Jets...well hopefully don't need...I'd like to tweak it a little bit (additional prospects seem redundant with Kane and Burmistrov's respective ages), but I could get behind this.

Zibanejad, Wiercoch and a 1st? Tempting, but we'd need something to impact our roster now if we're losing Edler. And yes, negotiating rights would be given before hand in the event of a trade like this, naturally. I think Sully's offer is ahead of yours Not by a ton mind you, but Kane is a home town boy, we know what we have in him too.

I think it's more Lu doesn't want to be viewed as a back up, and have his ice time reduced further (from 70 something games to 40 or 50 something last season). I'd love to keep both, but I'm happy with either.
Oh I definitely am. I used to live in Victoria, until quite recently actually, so it was all canucks canucks canucks. So whenever I went to watch hockey, it'd be a canucks game. The jets are my first and formost.

However...that being said...I'm not the Jets GM and this deal while improving the crap out of our defense and goaltending, leaves our offense and defensive lines looking very weak. I just believe that to be fair value. I try to look at my trades as impartially as possible, and I think that value is what everyone else should meet.

sully1410 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2012, 09:12 PM
Socratic Method Man
Weise's Lost Lunch

If Vancouver trades UFA-to-be Edler they would get about what UFA-to-be Gaustad got. A first round pick. Because the two have the same value. So most people in this thread are correct in their valuations.

Schneider would be worth much less because he is unproven and plays for a dirty, soft team. Maybe a third round pick.

But my psychic powers are telling me Vancouver is going to re-sign Edler, and keep Schneider.

And this just in - my psychic powers are telling me Getzlaf and Perry are both re-signing in Anaheim and Iginla re-signs in Calgary.

Socratic Method Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2012, 09:32 PM
Linden*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Socratic Method Man View Post
If Vancouver trades UFA-to-be Edler they would get about what UFA-to-be Gaustad got. A first round pick. Because the two have the same value. So most people in this thread are correct in their valuations.

Schneider would be worth much less because he is unproven and plays for a dirty, soft team. Maybe a third round pick.

But my psychic powers are telling me Vancouver is going to re-sign Edler, and keep Schneider.

And this just in - my psychic powers are telling me Getzlaf and Perry are both re-signing in Anaheim and Iginla re-signs in Calgary.
lol almost had me there, kinda gave yourself away with that though.

Old
12-14-2012, 09:33 PM
Lord Flacko*
Down to let it go

What if the cba gets signed and it pushes ufa age up by 1 year.. What would an RFA Edler + Schneider command? What about Voracek + Couturier + 1st + Gustafsson? Too much? Too less??

Lord Flacko* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2012, 09:35 PM
Linden*

Quote:
Originally Posted by JATT187 View Post
What if the cba gets signed and it pushes ufa age up by 1 year.. What would an RFA Edler + Schneider command? What about Voracek + Couturier + 1st + Gustafsson? Too much? Too less??
too much from philly

not a ton but still an overpayment

Old
12-14-2012, 09:38 PM
frankthetank91

Now i'm not a Van fan, and i'm usually all for the undervaluing of their players but am I missing something with Edler here? I know he is a UFA and had a bad playoff but the way this guy is valued is like he's MA Bergeron or something. This guy is good, one of my fave Canucks, has he stated he doesn't wanna resign or something?

frankthetank91 is online now   Reply With Quote