HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Hall for Seguin

Old
12-13-2012, 03:45 AM
Nacho
Special

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caballo Blanco View Post
Hall would be a 3rd liner on the Buins as Lucic and Marchand bring much more than him.
thank you, talk about a overrated player...

Nacho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2012, 03:48 AM
The Nuge
Farewell Smytty

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rukan View Post
Hahahah, you need to stop posting, your posts are just embarrassing.
While I agree with you, threads like this should be left to die

The Nuge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2012, 04:47 AM
oilersfan11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rukan View Post
Hahahah, you need to stop posting, your posts are just embarrassing.
My posts are full of world class epicness!

oilersfan11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2012, 07:14 AM
Backlund

vCash: 1263
If I was the Oilers I'd take this and run.

Backlund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2012, 02:45 PM
Jamin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nacho View Post
thank you, talk about a overrated player...
This isnt an Omark thread

Jamin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2012, 02:51 PM
franfrey*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamin View Post
This isnt an Omark thread

franfrey* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2012, 02:58 PM
Neatman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Backlund View Post
If I was the Oilers I'd take this and run...
...Straight into a brick wall because as you have exhibited above, you have little foresight or decision making capability

Really though, there is a reason that Oilers fans love Hall, and it isnt because we're all drinking the coolaid. He's an exceptional player and the only thing Seguin clearly has over him is injury history.

Neatman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2012, 02:58 PM
HappyGilmourr

Honestly oil fans, don't kid your selves... Hall isn't even close to what Seguin is already. This is based on only one season but last season Seguin just exploded. This is coming from a leaf fan who HATES the entire bruins orginzation and Seguin. I want Seguin to fail... I'm a Kessel fan and that's my reason. I wish the Bruins picked 1st and took Taylor Hall. I honestly don't ever see Hall surpassing Kessel. They might be on the same level one day but really at this point Hall doesn't have the pedigree Seguin does. When Seguin has the puck, i'm legit scared of what he's going to do... Seguin could be a franchise player IMO. Kessel for example is a 1st liner but not a franchise player. Hall COULD and likely will be a 1st liner but in my opinion he will never have what it takes to be a franchise player.

HappyGilmourr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2012, 03:07 PM
Sloth Slothersons*
They cut my beard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bozak View Post
Honestly oil fans, don't kid your selves... Hall isn't even close to what Seguin is already. This is based on only one season but last season Seguin just exploded. This is coming from a leaf fan who HATES the entire bruins orginzation and Seguin. I want Seguin to fail... I'm a Kessel fan and that's my reason. I wish the Bruins picked 1st and took Taylor Hall. I honestly don't ever see Hall surpassing Kessel. They might be on the same level one day but really at this point Hall doesn't have the pedigree Seguin does. When Seguin has the puck, i'm legit scared of what he's going to do... Seguin could be a franchise player IMO. Kessel for example is a 1st liner but not a franchise player. Hall COULD and likely will be a 1st liner but in my opinion he will never have what it takes to be a franchise player.
Isn't close? I can see why people think Seguin is better at this point, but that statement is ridiculous. I for one think Hall is better, but it is very, very close.

Sloth Slothersons* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2012, 03:11 PM
Turrican*
Not a homer

I'll take Landeskog. He is better than both of them.

I don't see a C on Seguin/Halls jersey.

Turrican* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2012, 03:26 PM
Halpysback

Quote:
Don't kid yourself, Hall is already way ahead of where Kessel was at his age offensively. And he already has far more intangibles and all around game than Kessel ever will. If you think Hall can't become a PPG+ player despite having a .86 PPG season at 20 I don't know what to tell you.

Seguin is ahead of Hall right now though. Shame he's not being developed as a center, he'd be even more valuable.

Halpysback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2012, 04:08 PM
franfrey*

Quote:
This post is such a fail (and quite ignorant) on so many levels it's not even funny

Hall IS a first-liner for ****'s sake. You say he's never going to surpass Kessel, yet he's much better than Philly boy ever was at the same age. And what is this "pedigree" you speak of that Seguin has to his name exactly... Two Memorial Cup MVPs?

It's pretty damn obvious you did not watch the Oilers much last year... Hall was the most dominant player in most of the games he played. HE is the kind of player who backs up defenders and makes the opposition scared every time he touches the puck.

And the bolded is just LOL worthy. Hall has the better pts/game, goals/game in BOTH of their seasons believe it or not. He also possesses some intangibles that cannot be taught. I don't mind people preferring Seguin over Hall but either way, it's pretty damn close.

franfrey* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2012, 04:10 PM
Sparky1977

Pass!

Sparky1977 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2012, 04:11 PM
Turrican*
Not a homer

You would think a leaf fan would know how hard Hall is to contain?

If only Bozak stopped him both times.

Turrican* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2012, 03:23 AM
SDig14

I'm not sure why this thread happens a lot, but I will write the same thing I do in every single one.

It's clear both of them are elite talents, which I have on the same level and it comes down to personal preference. If you watch both play and compare production you can't have one much ahead of the other.

As an Oiler fan I have invested in Hall, so of course I prefer him and vice versa for bruins fans.

Hall will be a future captain of the Oilers, plays with an unmatched compete level and determination, and is developing the physical aspect of his game very well.

If they both develop into equal quality, I'd prefer the centre to the powerforward scoring winger, but time will tell if one ends up clearly better or not.

Far too early to tell. There only one fact and that is both teams love their guy.

SDig14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2012, 04:20 AM
LPH
[hello] :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedBlue247 View Post
The fact of the matter is, the Oilers are a better team with Hall then they would be with Seguin. You win championships with teams led by players like hall.

congrats for providing the worst possible argument I could find in this thread.

Only one player has won at the NHL level. Please hold back calling Hall a "winner" until he has won at the NHL level. As for the value I think Seguin >= Hall so just a little bit more valuable.

LPH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2012, 04:49 AM
Qrispy

I take Hall 10 times out of 10. Whether Nucks fans like it or not, Hall is a winner. Two straight Mem Cups and two straight Mem Cup MVPs. His intangibles put him above Seguin. The fact that fans of other teams think Eberle is our best player, yet Oilers fans believe it's Hall, says a lot about how underrated he is.

Qrispy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2012, 05:37 AM
LPH

Quote:
Originally Posted by YakuBOT View Post
I take Hall 10 times out of 10. Whether Nucks fans like it or not, Hall is a winner. Two straight Mem Cups and two straight Mem Cup MVPs. His intangibles put him above Seguin. The fact that fans of other teams think Eberle is our best player, yet Oilers fans believe it's Hall, says a lot about how underrated he is.
you are not a winner if you haven't won anything. As far as I'm concerned he hasn't. Hall has not been given an oppertunity to prove whether or not he will be a winner, but that should mean that the title should be withheld until he does win.

being successful in the NHL is a whole other thing than being successful in Junior

I'm not trying to bash Hall, he is a great player that will only get better, but as it stands right now, he is NOT a winner.

FYI I think rnh is your best player

Last edited by LPH: 12-15-2012 at 06:25 AM.
Old
12-15-2012, 05:43 AM
LPH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leman Russ View Post

I don't see a C on Seguin/Halls jersey.
could that not be because the Oilers and Bruins have better, established leaders (horcoff, Smyth, Bergeron, Chara ect) than the Avalanche?

Old
12-15-2012, 10:01 AM
Chips*

Quote:
You would think a leaf fan would know how hard Hall is to contain?

If only Bozak stopped him both times.
lol at even trying to compare a #1 and undrafted player in skill.

Chips* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2012, 01:06 PM
Puritania
Skooma Addict

vCash: 900
Quote:

I don't see a C on Seguin/Hallsjersey.
lolwut

Puritania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2012, 02:04 PM
Dellstrom
We Like Eich

Quote:
Originally Posted by live playoff hockey View Post

congrats for providing the worst possible argument I could find in this thread.

Only one player has won at the NHL level. Please hold back calling Hall a "winner" until he has won at the NHL level. As for the value I think Seguin >= Hall so just a little bit more valuable.
Give him a chance first... It's not as if he's had a good support cast. There's no doubting Hall is a better leader.

But, even if Seguin has Hall's leadership, he'd still be ages behind Chara and Bergeron, who will be our captains for the next decade+. Plus, their value is close enough if not even.

Both players are more suited for their current teams.

Dellstrom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2012, 02:20 PM
SDig14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dellstrom View Post
Give him a chance first... It's not as if he's had a good support cast. There's no doubting Hall is a better leader.

But, even if Seguin has Hall's leadership, he'd still be ages behind Chara and Bergeron, who will be our captains for the next decade+. Plus, their value is close enough if not even.

Both players are more suited for their current teams.
It's too bad both teams can't just be happy and move on. I prefer Hall, but I think they are both on the same level as far as talent.

Sadly we will have to deal with this thread 4-5 times a season for 10+ years.

SDig14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2012, 03:45 PM
Chayos

This comparison will be around until one of these two guys steps up and outshines the other, which may not even happen. The fact is both are great players and both are producing. I am an oiler fan and I find it hard to pick on over the other and people who watch enough games from both players would agree with this.

There is way to much empasis put on the fact that Seguin was on a stanley cup winner as proof he is better. The buins are a powerhouse and that makes it easier for him to put up numbers since he doesn't get the same kind of coverage that hall gets. I am not taking anything away from him, but it is a fact the bruins are a superior team to the oilers. In a few years when the Oilers are closer to being an elite team the comparsion will be easier to judge.

Chayos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2012, 04:00 PM
IrishPaulie
Sooshii is AWESOME!!

Send a message via AIM to IrishPaulie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chayos View Post
This comparison will be around until one of these two guys steps up and outshines the other, which may not even happen. The fact is both are great players and both are producing. I am an oiler fan and I find it hard to pick on over the other and people who watch enough games from both players would agree with this.

There is way to much empasis put on the fact that Seguin was on a stanley cup winner as proof he is better. The buins are a powerhouse and that makes it easier for him to put up numbers since he doesn't get the same kind of coverage that hall gets. I am not taking anything away from him, but it is a fact the bruins are a superior team to the oilers. In a few years when the Oilers are closer to being an elite team the comparsion will be easier to judge.
While I don't disagree with you. There's arguments to be had either way in terms of Hall was handed massive minutes in a weak division and was asked to do nothing but score while Seguin came into the league in a much more competitive division and was forced to work his way up a very competitive roster while learning the defensive side of the game first under a defense first coach.

These arguments do nothing but dumb down (not directing this at you) the bottom line that both these players are well on their ways to being extremely good (borderline elite) NHLers.

IrishPaulie is offline   Reply With Quote