HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Hall for Seguin

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
12-13-2012, 03:45 AM
  #151
Nacho
Special
 
Nacho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Country: Greenland
Posts: 2,017
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caballo Blanco View Post
Hall would be a 3rd liner on the Buins as Lucic and Marchand bring much more than him.
thank you, talk about a overrated player...

Nacho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2012, 03:48 AM
  #152
The Nuge
Farewell Smytty
 
The Nuge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Vancouver, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,745
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rukan View Post
Hahahah, you need to stop posting, your posts are just embarrassing.
While I agree with you, threads like this should be left to die

The Nuge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2012, 04:47 AM
  #153
oilersfan11
Registered User
 
oilersfan11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 11,539
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rukan View Post
Hahahah, you need to stop posting, your posts are just embarrassing.
My posts are full of world class epicness!

oilersfan11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2012, 07:14 AM
  #154
Backlund
Registered User
 
Backlund's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Calgary, AB
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,804
vCash: 1263
If I was the Oilers I'd take this and run.

Backlund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2012, 02:45 PM
  #155
Jamin
Registered User
 
Jamin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 3,922
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nacho View Post
thank you, talk about a overrated player...
This isnt an Omark thread

Jamin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2012, 02:51 PM
  #156
franfrey*
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 1,423
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamin View Post
This isnt an Omark thread

franfrey* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2012, 02:58 PM
  #157
Neatman
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 1,501
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Backlund View Post
If I was the Oilers I'd take this and run...
...Straight into a brick wall because as you have exhibited above, you have little foresight or decision making capability

Really though, there is a reason that Oilers fans love Hall, and it isnt because we're all drinking the coolaid. He's an exceptional player and the only thing Seguin clearly has over him is injury history.

Neatman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2012, 02:58 PM
  #158
HappyGilmourr
Registered User
 
HappyGilmourr's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Milton
Posts: 5,327
vCash: 500
Honestly oil fans, don't kid your selves... Hall isn't even close to what Seguin is already. This is based on only one season but last season Seguin just exploded. This is coming from a leaf fan who HATES the entire bruins orginzation and Seguin. I want Seguin to fail... I'm a Kessel fan and that's my reason. I wish the Bruins picked 1st and took Taylor Hall. I honestly don't ever see Hall surpassing Kessel. They might be on the same level one day but really at this point Hall doesn't have the pedigree Seguin does. When Seguin has the puck, i'm legit scared of what he's going to do... Seguin could be a franchise player IMO. Kessel for example is a 1st liner but not a franchise player. Hall COULD and likely will be a 1st liner but in my opinion he will never have what it takes to be a franchise player.

HappyGilmourr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2012, 03:07 PM
  #159
Sloth Slothersons*
They cut my beard
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Planet Earth
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,329
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bozak View Post
Honestly oil fans, don't kid your selves... Hall isn't even close to what Seguin is already. This is based on only one season but last season Seguin just exploded. This is coming from a leaf fan who HATES the entire bruins orginzation and Seguin. I want Seguin to fail... I'm a Kessel fan and that's my reason. I wish the Bruins picked 1st and took Taylor Hall. I honestly don't ever see Hall surpassing Kessel. They might be on the same level one day but really at this point Hall doesn't have the pedigree Seguin does. When Seguin has the puck, i'm legit scared of what he's going to do... Seguin could be a franchise player IMO. Kessel for example is a 1st liner but not a franchise player. Hall COULD and likely will be a 1st liner but in my opinion he will never have what it takes to be a franchise player.
Isn't close? I can see why people think Seguin is better at this point, but that statement is ridiculous. I for one think Hall is better, but it is very, very close.

Sloth Slothersons* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2012, 03:11 PM
  #160
Turrican*
Not a homer
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Stabmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,960
vCash: 500
I'll take Landeskog. He is better than both of them.

I don't see a C on Seguin/Halls jersey.

Turrican* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2012, 03:26 PM
  #161
Halpysback
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 8,460
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bozak View Post
Honestly oil fans, don't kid your selves... Hall isn't even close to what Seguin is already. This is based on only one season but last season Seguin just exploded. This is coming from a leaf fan who HATES the entire bruins orginzation and Seguin. I want Seguin to fail... I'm a Kessel fan and that's my reason. I wish the Bruins picked 1st and took Taylor Hall. I honestly don't ever see Hall surpassing Kessel. They might be on the same level one day but really at this point Hall doesn't have the pedigree Seguin does. When Seguin has the puck, i'm legit scared of what he's going to do... Seguin could be a franchise player IMO. Kessel for example is a 1st liner but not a franchise player. Hall COULD and likely will be a 1st liner but in my opinion he will never have what it takes to be a franchise player.
Don't kid yourself, Hall is already way ahead of where Kessel was at his age offensively. And he already has far more intangibles and all around game than Kessel ever will. If you think Hall can't become a PPG+ player despite having a .86 PPG season at 20 I don't know what to tell you.

Seguin is ahead of Hall right now though. Shame he's not being developed as a center, he'd be even more valuable.

Halpysback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2012, 04:08 PM
  #162
franfrey*
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 1,423
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bozak View Post
Honestly oil fans, don't kid your selves... Hall isn't even close to what Seguin is already. This is based on only one season but last season Seguin just exploded. This is coming from a leaf fan who HATES the entire bruins orginzation and Seguin. I want Seguin to fail... I'm a Kessel fan and that's my reason. I wish the Bruins picked 1st and took Taylor Hall. I honestly don't ever see Hall surpassing Kessel. They might be on the same level one day but really at this point Hall doesn't have the pedigree Seguin does. When Seguin has the puck, i'm legit scared of what he's going to do... Seguin could be a franchise player IMO. Kessel for example is a 1st liner but not a franchise player. Hall COULD and likely will be a 1st liner but in my opinion he will never have what it takes to be a franchise player.
This post is such a fail (and quite ignorant) on so many levels it's not even funny

Hall IS a first-liner for ****'s sake. You say he's never going to surpass Kessel, yet he's much better than Philly boy ever was at the same age. And what is this "pedigree" you speak of that Seguin has to his name exactly... Two Memorial Cup MVPs?

It's pretty damn obvious you did not watch the Oilers much last year... Hall was the most dominant player in most of the games he played. HE is the kind of player who backs up defenders and makes the opposition scared every time he touches the puck.

And the bolded is just LOL worthy. Hall has the better pts/game, goals/game in BOTH of their seasons believe it or not. He also possesses some intangibles that cannot be taught. I don't mind people preferring Seguin over Hall but either way, it's pretty damn close.

franfrey* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2012, 04:10 PM
  #163
Sparky1977
Registered User
 
Sparky1977's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 38
vCash: 500
Pass!

Sparky1977 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2012, 04:11 PM
  #164
Turrican*
Not a homer
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Stabmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,960
vCash: 500
You would think a leaf fan would know how hard Hall is to contain?



If only Bozak stopped him both times.

Turrican* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2012, 03:23 AM
  #165
SDig14
Registered User
 
SDig14's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Edmonton, AB
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,619
vCash: 500
I'm not sure why this thread happens a lot, but I will write the same thing I do in every single one.

It's clear both of them are elite talents, which I have on the same level and it comes down to personal preference. If you watch both play and compare production you can't have one much ahead of the other.

As an Oiler fan I have invested in Hall, so of course I prefer him and vice versa for bruins fans.

Hall will be a future captain of the Oilers, plays with an unmatched compete level and determination, and is developing the physical aspect of his game very well.

If they both develop into equal quality, I'd prefer the centre to the powerforward scoring winger, but time will tell if one ends up clearly better or not.

Far too early to tell. There only one fact and that is both teams love their guy.

SDig14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2012, 04:20 AM
  #166
LPH
[hello] :)
 
LPH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Granduland
Country: United States
Posts: 44,786
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedBlue247 View Post
The fact of the matter is, the Oilers are a better team with Hall then they would be with Seguin. You win championships with teams led by players like hall.


congrats for providing the worst possible argument I could find in this thread.

Only one player has won at the NHL level. Please hold back calling Hall a "winner" until he has won at the NHL level. As for the value I think Seguin >= Hall so just a little bit more valuable.

LPH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2012, 04:49 AM
  #167
Qrispy
Registered User
 
Qrispy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 3,365
vCash: 500
I take Hall 10 times out of 10. Whether Nucks fans like it or not, Hall is a winner. Two straight Mem Cups and two straight Mem Cup MVPs. His intangibles put him above Seguin. The fact that fans of other teams think Eberle is our best player, yet Oilers fans believe it's Hall, says a lot about how underrated he is.

Qrispy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2012, 05:37 AM
  #168
LPH
[hello] :)
 
LPH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Granduland
Country: United States
Posts: 44,786
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by YakuBOT View Post
I take Hall 10 times out of 10. Whether Nucks fans like it or not, Hall is a winner. Two straight Mem Cups and two straight Mem Cup MVPs. His intangibles put him above Seguin. The fact that fans of other teams think Eberle is our best player, yet Oilers fans believe it's Hall, says a lot about how underrated he is.
you are not a winner if you haven't won anything. As far as I'm concerned he hasn't. Hall has not been given an oppertunity to prove whether or not he will be a winner, but that should mean that the title should be withheld until he does win.

being successful in the NHL is a whole other thing than being successful in Junior

I'm not trying to bash Hall, he is a great player that will only get better, but as it stands right now, he is NOT a winner.

FYI I think rnh is your best player


Last edited by LPH: 12-15-2012 at 06:25 AM.
LPH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2012, 05:43 AM
  #169
LPH
[hello] :)
 
LPH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Granduland
Country: United States
Posts: 44,786
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leman Russ View Post
I'll take Landeskog. He is better than both of them.

I don't see a C on Seguin/Halls jersey.
could that not be because the Oilers and Bruins have better, established leaders (horcoff, Smyth, Bergeron, Chara ect) than the Avalanche?

LPH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2012, 10:01 AM
  #170
Chips*
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 460
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leman Russ View Post
You would think a leaf fan would know how hard Hall is to contain?



If only Bozak stopped him both times.
lol at even trying to compare a #1 and undrafted player in skill.

Chips* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2012, 01:06 PM
  #171
Puritania
Skooma Addict
 
Puritania's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Omicron Persei 8
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,257
vCash: 900
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leman Russ View Post
I'll take Landeskog. He is better than both of them.

I don't see a C on Seguin/Hallsjersey.
lolwut

Puritania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2012, 02:04 PM
  #172
Dellstrom
We Like Eich
 
Dellstrom's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Boston
Country: United States
Posts: 18,370
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by live playoff hockey View Post


congrats for providing the worst possible argument I could find in this thread.

Only one player has won at the NHL level. Please hold back calling Hall a "winner" until he has won at the NHL level. As for the value I think Seguin >= Hall so just a little bit more valuable.
Give him a chance first... It's not as if he's had a good support cast. There's no doubting Hall is a better leader.

But, even if Seguin has Hall's leadership, he'd still be ages behind Chara and Bergeron, who will be our captains for the next decade+. Plus, their value is close enough if not even.

Both players are more suited for their current teams.

Dellstrom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2012, 02:20 PM
  #173
SDig14
Registered User
 
SDig14's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Edmonton, AB
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,619
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dellstrom View Post
Give him a chance first... It's not as if he's had a good support cast. There's no doubting Hall is a better leader.

But, even if Seguin has Hall's leadership, he'd still be ages behind Chara and Bergeron, who will be our captains for the next decade+. Plus, their value is close enough if not even.

Both players are more suited for their current teams.
It's too bad both teams can't just be happy and move on. I prefer Hall, but I think they are both on the same level as far as talent.

Sadly we will have to deal with this thread 4-5 times a season for 10+ years.

SDig14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2012, 03:45 PM
  #174
Chayos
Registered User
 
Chayos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Whitehorse, Yukon
Posts: 2,693
vCash: 500
This comparison will be around until one of these two guys steps up and outshines the other, which may not even happen. The fact is both are great players and both are producing. I am an oiler fan and I find it hard to pick on over the other and people who watch enough games from both players would agree with this.

There is way to much empasis put on the fact that Seguin was on a stanley cup winner as proof he is better. The buins are a powerhouse and that makes it easier for him to put up numbers since he doesn't get the same kind of coverage that hall gets. I am not taking anything away from him, but it is a fact the bruins are a superior team to the oilers. In a few years when the Oilers are closer to being an elite team the comparsion will be easier to judge.

Chayos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2012, 04:00 PM
  #175
IrishPaulie
Sooshii is AWESOME!!
 
IrishPaulie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Woostah
Country: Ireland
Posts: 4,700
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to IrishPaulie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chayos View Post
This comparison will be around until one of these two guys steps up and outshines the other, which may not even happen. The fact is both are great players and both are producing. I am an oiler fan and I find it hard to pick on over the other and people who watch enough games from both players would agree with this.

There is way to much empasis put on the fact that Seguin was on a stanley cup winner as proof he is better. The buins are a powerhouse and that makes it easier for him to put up numbers since he doesn't get the same kind of coverage that hall gets. I am not taking anything away from him, but it is a fact the bruins are a superior team to the oilers. In a few years when the Oilers are closer to being an elite team the comparsion will be easier to judge.
While I don't disagree with you. There's arguments to be had either way in terms of Hall was handed massive minutes in a weak division and was asked to do nothing but score while Seguin came into the league in a much more competitive division and was forced to work his way up a very competitive roster while learning the defensive side of the game first under a defense first coach.

These arguments do nothing but dumb down (not directing this at you) the bottom line that both these players are well on their ways to being extremely good (borderline elite) NHLers.

IrishPaulie is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:16 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.