HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

2012-13 Lockout Discussion Part VIIII: "We're Close" "We're Not Close" Edition

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
12-14-2012, 10:15 PM
  #851
Bird Law
Daisy's back.
 
Bird Law's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Country Roads
Country: United States
Posts: 71,404
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Bird Law
I'm done, guys. This suit is it for me. I love the sport, but I'm no longer a NHL fan. I may follow the Rangers after this, but this is the straw that breaks the camels back.

__________________
"Of course giving Sather cap space is like giving teenagers whiskey and car keys." - SBOB
"Watching Sather build a team is like watching a blind man with no fingers trying to put together an elaborate puzzle." - Shadowtron
"Used to be only Twinkies and cockroaches could survive a nuke. I'd add Habs to that. I'm convinced the CH stands for Club du Hypocrisy." - Gee Wally
Bird Law is offline  
Old
12-14-2012, 10:42 PM
  #852
Screw You Rick Nash
🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨
 
Screw You Rick Nash's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Brooklyn, New NY
Country: United States
Posts: 27,208
vCash: 3000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan. View Post
I'm done, guys. This suit is it for me. I love the sport, but I'm no longer a NHL fan. I may follow the Rangers after this, but this is the straw that breaks the camels back.
You'll be back just like the rest of us.

__________________
++++++++++[>+++++++>++++++++++>+++>+<<<<
-]>++++++.>+.+++++++++++++++.>+++++++++.<-.
>-------.<<-----.>----.>.<<+++++++++++.>-------------
-.+++++++++++++.-------.--.+++++++++++++.+.>+.>.

New and improved Hockey Standings
"A jimmie for a jimmie makes the whole world rustled." -31-
Screw You Rick Nash is offline  
Old
12-14-2012, 10:45 PM
  #853
Florida Ranger
Bring back Torts!
 
Florida Ranger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Tampa, FLA
Country: United States
Posts: 6,000
vCash: 500
I'll always be back.

I'm that "sucker".

I love the Rangers more than the league.

Florida Ranger is offline  
Old
12-14-2012, 10:50 PM
  #854
Florida Ranger
Bring back Torts!
 
Florida Ranger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Tampa, FLA
Country: United States
Posts: 6,000
vCash: 500
And I'll always buy Rangers apparel and tickets. I know if it was up to our team's owner, we'd be playing. I'll always show the support. Not saying that the ones who don't buy merchandise and go to games don't show support, but it's just my way that I do.

Florida Ranger is offline  
Old
12-14-2012, 10:50 PM
  #855
Emptyvoid
Registered User
 
Emptyvoid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 3,349
vCash: 500
I'll be back when the games start. In the mean time I'll be watching more Knicks, Tottenham Hotspurs, Union (mls) and Giants. In that order too.

Hopefully with this new wrinkle in the process, there will be some movement. Whether that be losing a season or coming to an agreement, I'm not sure but hopefully it'll be decided soon.

Emptyvoid is offline  
Old
12-14-2012, 10:52 PM
  #856
bettercallstaal
Custom User Title
 
bettercallstaal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Wingdale
Country: Sweden
Posts: 1,841
vCash: 1120
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranger de FLA View Post
I'll always be back.

I'm that "sucker".

I love the Rangers more than the league.
I'm the same. I want to say I'm not but I am. The casual fan went back to the NBA the second the Knicks beat the Heat the first time. I have too much time invested in the players in this organization from top to bottom to bail out now.

bettercallstaal is offline  
Old
12-15-2012, 12:41 AM
  #857
Bird Law
Daisy's back.
 
Bird Law's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Country Roads
Country: United States
Posts: 71,404
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Bird Law
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaneone View Post
You'll be back just like the rest of us.
I'll be a casual fan and a fan of the Rangers, sure. I'll never post on here like i used to or follow the league like I used to. I have posted on here less and less, anyway. I used to support this league more than anyone I really know. Spent tons of money on it, watched countless games . . . Now I'll just tune in when the Rangers are playing and I won't go out of my way to watch the games like I used to. I won't be the only one to do that.

Bird Law is offline  
Old
12-15-2012, 01:00 AM
  #858
wolfgaze
Interesting Cat
 
wolfgaze's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 12,047
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranger de FLA View Post
I'll always be back.

I'm that "sucker".

I love the Rangers more than the league.
Me too. This is the only team I follow in any sport.

wolfgaze is offline  
Old
12-15-2012, 01:02 AM
  #859
wolfgaze
Interesting Cat
 
wolfgaze's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 12,047
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan. View Post
I'll be a casual fan and a fan of the Rangers, sure. I'll never post on here like i used to or follow the league like I used to. I have posted on here less and less, anyway. I used to support this league more than anyone I really know. Spent tons of money on it, watched countless games . . . Now I'll just tune in when the Rangers are playing and I won't go out of my way to watch the games like I used to. I won't be the only one to do that.
You're cracking already! : P

Many of us already only really focus on the Rangers and not other teams in the league so welcome to the club!

wolfgaze is offline  
Old
12-15-2012, 01:18 AM
  #860
3rdlineglory
Subban for Richards?
 
3rdlineglory's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Mahopac, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 412
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfgaze View Post
Me too. This is the only team I follow in any sport.
Same. The worst part about this lockout is I have no other team to fall back on like others do .

3rdlineglory is offline  
Old
12-15-2012, 03:05 AM
  #861
egelband
Registered User
 
egelband's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: north finchley
Country: United States
Posts: 1,920
vCash: 500
the nhl is so poorly run. it's a joke. they just happen to have such a great product that their clients will keep coming back. they're like the only drug dealer in a little town. just gotta wait til he gets some more supply. sad, but true.

egelband is offline  
Old
12-15-2012, 04:25 AM
  #862
Cresto
Much Disappoint
 
Cresto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,436
vCash: 500
let's protest and start do a nice winter barbecue outside the NHL office. I have a great marinade and rub for elk.

Cresto is offline  
Old
12-15-2012, 04:59 AM
  #863
RangerBoy
1994 FOREVER
 
RangerBoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 31,465
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maineice11 View Post
that is true from what I have heard from NHL Network Radio. However, the NHL has had time to see what has happened with the nba and nfl, so instead of the PA filing the suit first with the courts the NHL (owners) did filed a suit to combat the one the PA would be filing, which can put the owners in the driving seat of this and hurt the leverage the PA may have gotten from this direction, but only time will tell.
The NBA did the same thing in August 2011

http://www.nba.com/2011/news/08/02/n...uit/index.html

The NHLPA can still make their moves. The NBPA did in November 2011.

RangerBoy is offline  
Old
12-15-2012, 05:25 AM
  #864
Maineice11
Registered User
 
Maineice11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Maine
Country: United States
Posts: 6,366
vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to Maineice11
Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
The NBA did the same thing in August 2011

http://www.nba.com/2011/news/08/02/n...uit/index.html

The NHLPA can still make their moves. The NBPA did in November 2011.
Okay, I apologize for incorrect information then. NHL Network Radio never mentioned the NBA did this same thing before the PA filed anything.

Maineice11 is offline  
Old
12-15-2012, 07:12 AM
  #865
RangerBoy
1994 FOREVER
 
RangerBoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 31,465
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maineice11 View Post
Okay, I apologize for incorrect information then. NHL Network Radio never mentioned the NBA did this same thing before the PA filed anything.
No need to apologize. Its all part of the script. The NHL wants the union in place because their cap system is illegal. Rookie cap illegal. The draft is illegal. Proskauer Rose just changed the names on the complaint and submitted it. I was listening to the the hockey station on Sirius/XM. They didn't know some courts are player friendly and some are owner friendly in the U.S. The NHL and NBA filed in NY. The NBPA filed anti-trust lawsuits in Minnesota which is more player friendly. Will the players need to follow through to disband the union and sue the NHL or will the NHL want to deal before that happens? If the union disbands and a deal is struck,the process of putting the union back together and dismissing the lawsuits will mean the NHL opening training camps will be delayed. It won't be 3-4 days to get the deal on paper and then 7 days of camp. It took the NBA 4 weeks from the time Stern and Hunter made a deal and 12/25. The NBA played 2 preseason games. Its up to the NHL. They have won but they want to rub it in Fehr's face. Brian Lawton is former NHL player,agent and GM. He tweeted a few weeks ago that a deal will be done between December 15-25. Today is the 15th.

RangerBoy is offline  
Old
12-15-2012, 07:15 AM
  #866
Bleed Ranger Blue
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 14,617
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranger de FLA View Post
And I'll always buy Rangers apparel and tickets. I know if it was up to our team's owner, we'd be playing. I'll always show the support. Not saying that the ones who don't buy merchandise and go to games don't show support, but it's just my way that I do.
At least you can think about that and smile when hes price gouging you for tickets, concessions, and merchandise.

Bleed Ranger Blue is offline  
Old
12-15-2012, 07:22 AM
  #867
Maineice11
Registered User
 
Maineice11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Maine
Country: United States
Posts: 6,366
vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to Maineice11
Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
No need to apologize. Its all part of the script. The NHL wants the union in place because their cap system is illegal. Rookie cap illegal. The draft is illegal. Proskauer Rose just changed the names on the complaint and submitted it. I was listening to the the hockey station on Sirius/XM. They didn't know some courts are player friendly and some are owner friendly in the U.S. The NHL and NBA filed in NY. The NBPA filed anti-trust lawsuits in Minnesota which is more player friendly. Will the players need to follow through to disband the union and sue the NHL or will the NHL want to deal before that happens? If the union disbands and a deal is struck,the process of putting the union back together and dismissing the lawsuits will mean the NHL opening training camps will be delayed. It won't be 3-4 days to get the deal on paper and then 7 days of camp. It took the NBA 4 weeks from the time Stern and Hunter made a deal and 12/25. The NBA played 2 preseason games. Its up to the NHL. They have won but they want to rub it in Fehr's face. Brian Lawton is former NHL player,agent and GM. He tweeted a few weeks ago that a deal will be done between December 15-25. Today is the 15th.
I hate the part where there is a "winner" in this, because everyone has lost. In my opinion from what I have seen and heard, Don Fehr has listened to the players he has given them options, but has carried out what the players wanted him to do, I did not feel he was ever pushing his own agenda. Bettman on the other hand was given an extreme amount of power in 2002 and only needs 7 (+ phoenix) owners to put in a lockout. That is a lot of power to one who has no risk (other than losing his job). So I just feel there are differences between both sides and there was no reason for a lockout, this could have been settled by sept 15th. Also, I am not a big fan of the lockout even though it did help Sather

Maineice11 is offline  
Old
12-15-2012, 07:26 AM
  #868
RangerBoy
1994 FOREVER
 
RangerBoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 31,465
vCash: 500
LeBrun wrote yesterday the players want the NHL to bump up the contract term limits from 5 to 6 years and show more flexibilty on the transition issues. The players will deal with them. The players aren't against the 10 year CBA. 6 and 7 for contracts.

RangerBoy is offline  
Old
12-15-2012, 07:57 AM
  #869
ltrangerfan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 921
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
LeBrun wrote yesterday the players want the NHL to bump up the contract term limits from 5 to 6 years and show more flexibilty on the transition issues. The players will deal with them. The players aren't against the 10 year CBA. 6 and 7 for contracts.

Not sure exactly what Lebrun is saying but....

Perhaps it's time for the PA to write down a offer and present it to the PA? It's not that difficult to find writing paper. Negotiating through reporters was a train that left the station awhile ago.

If the sides are truly that close it makes no sense for the courts to be involved.

Stop playing around and negotiate a final deal.

ltrangerfan is offline  
Old
12-15-2012, 08:10 AM
  #870
RangerBoy
1994 FOREVER
 
RangerBoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 31,465
vCash: 500
From: @CHeisenberg
Sent: Dec 15, 2012 9:01a

without a union giving cover to league's actions, the agreements among teams (draft, salary caps, etc) are subject to anti-trust challenge

sent via web
On Twitter: http://twitter.com/CHeisenberg/statu...49192078708736

RangerBoy is offline  
Old
12-15-2012, 08:12 AM
  #871
RangerBoy
1994 FOREVER
 
RangerBoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 31,465
vCash: 500
From: @CHeisenberg
Sent: Dec 15, 2012 9:10a

If league and union agree to items, there is a non-statutory exemption from the anti-trust laws. Exemption ends when union decertified.

sent via web
On Twitter: http://twitter.com/CHeisenberg/statu...51465940926464

RangerBoy is offline  
Old
12-15-2012, 08:13 AM
  #872
Jabroni
Moderator
The Corporate Mod
 
Jabroni's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Country: United States
Posts: 6,532
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
From: @CHeisenberg
Sent: Dec 15, 2012 9:01a

without a union giving cover to league's actions, the agreements among teams (draft, salary caps, etc) are subject to anti-trust challenge

sent via web
On Twitter: http://twitter.com/CHeisenberg/statu...49192078708736
Did the PA file yet?

Jabroni is offline  
Old
12-15-2012, 08:29 AM
  #873
Jabroni
Moderator
The Corporate Mod
 
Jabroni's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Country: United States
Posts: 6,532
vCash: 500
Rob Rossi ‏@RobRossi_Trib
FWIW: Heard from labor expert I trust immensely. He said Friday developments 'should clear path for serious talks' btwn #NHL #nhlpa

Jabroni is offline  
Old
12-15-2012, 08:39 AM
  #874
Inferno
HFB Partner
 
Inferno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Atlanta, GA
Country: United States
Posts: 19,778
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfgaze View Post
You're cracking already! : P

Many of us already only really focus on the Rangers and not other teams in the league so welcome to the club!
yeah pretty much...i dont know how anyone can find the time to watch more than their teams games.....im always working though...

Inferno is offline  
Old
12-15-2012, 08:40 AM
  #875
RangerBlue62
Smoothies! Who's in?
 
RangerBlue62's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Country: United States
Posts: 3,867
vCash: 500
Serious talks?!? WTF have they been doing for the past 4 ****ing months? Twiddling their ****ing thumbs. They can care less about the fans, this is ridiculous.

RangerBlue62 is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:43 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.