HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

2012-13 Lockout Discussion Part VIIII: "We're Close" "We're Not Close" Edition

Closed Thread

Old
12-14-2012, 10:15 PM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Bird Law
I'm done, guys. This suit is it for me. I love the sport, but I'm no longer a NHL fan. I may follow the Rangers after this, but this is the straw that breaks the camels back.

Old
12-14-2012, 10:42 PM
Screw You Rick Nash
🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨

vCash: 3000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan. View Post
I'm done, guys. This suit is it for me. I love the sport, but I'm no longer a NHL fan. I may follow the Rangers after this, but this is the straw that breaks the camels back.
You'll be back just like the rest of us.

-.+++++++++++++.-------.--.+++++++++++++.+.>+.>.

New and improved Hockey Standings
"A jimmie for a jimmie makes the whole world rustled." -31-
Old
12-14-2012, 10:45 PM
Florida Ranger
Bring back Torts!

I'll always be back.

I'm that "sucker".

I love the Rangers more than the league.

Old
12-14-2012, 10:50 PM
Florida Ranger
Bring back Torts!

And I'll always buy Rangers apparel and tickets. I know if it was up to our team's owner, we'd be playing. I'll always show the support. Not saying that the ones who don't buy merchandise and go to games don't show support, but it's just my way that I do.

Old
12-14-2012, 10:50 PM
Emptyvoid

I'll be back when the games start. In the mean time I'll be watching more Knicks, Tottenham Hotspurs, Union (mls) and Giants. In that order too.

Hopefully with this new wrinkle in the process, there will be some movement. Whether that be losing a season or coming to an agreement, I'm not sure but hopefully it'll be decided soon.

Old
12-14-2012, 10:52 PM
bettercallstaal
Custom User Title

vCash: 1120
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranger de FLA View Post
I'll always be back.

I'm that "sucker".

I'm the same. I want to say I'm not but I am. The casual fan went back to the NBA the second the Knicks beat the Heat the first time. I have too much time invested in the players in this organization from top to bottom to bail out now.

Old
12-15-2012, 12:41 AM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

Send a message via AIM to Bird Law
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaneone View Post
You'll be back just like the rest of us.
I'll be a casual fan and a fan of the Rangers, sure. I'll never post on here like i used to or follow the league like I used to. I have posted on here less and less, anyway. I used to support this league more than anyone I really know. Spent tons of money on it, watched countless games . . . Now I'll just tune in when the Rangers are playing and I won't go out of my way to watch the games like I used to. I won't be the only one to do that.

Old
12-15-2012, 01:00 AM
wolfgaze
Interesting Cat

Quote:
I'll always be back.

I'm that "sucker".

Me too. This is the only team I follow in any sport.

Old
12-15-2012, 01:02 AM
wolfgaze
Interesting Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan. View Post
I'll be a casual fan and a fan of the Rangers, sure. I'll never post on here like i used to or follow the league like I used to. I have posted on here less and less, anyway. I used to support this league more than anyone I really know. Spent tons of money on it, watched countless games . . . Now I'll just tune in when the Rangers are playing and I won't go out of my way to watch the games like I used to. I won't be the only one to do that.
You're cracking already! : P

Many of us already only really focus on the Rangers and not other teams in the league so welcome to the club!

Old
12-15-2012, 01:18 AM
3rdlineglory
Subban for Richards?

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfgaze View Post
Me too. This is the only team I follow in any sport.
Same. The worst part about this lockout is I have no other team to fall back on like others do .

Old
12-15-2012, 03:05 AM
egelband

the nhl is so poorly run. it's a joke. they just happen to have such a great product that their clients will keep coming back. they're like the only drug dealer in a little town. just gotta wait til he gets some more supply. sad, but true.

Old
12-15-2012, 04:25 AM
Cresto
Much Disappoint

let's protest and start do a nice winter barbecue outside the NHL office. I have a great marinade and rub for elk.

Old
12-15-2012, 04:59 AM
RangerBoy
1994 FOREVER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maineice11 View Post
that is true from what I have heard from NHL Network Radio. However, the NHL has had time to see what has happened with the nba and nfl, so instead of the PA filing the suit first with the courts the NHL (owners) did filed a suit to combat the one the PA would be filing, which can put the owners in the driving seat of this and hurt the leverage the PA may have gotten from this direction, but only time will tell.
The NBA did the same thing in August 2011

http://www.nba.com/2011/news/08/02/n...uit/index.html

The NHLPA can still make their moves. The NBPA did in November 2011.

Old
12-15-2012, 05:25 AM
Maineice11

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to Maineice11
Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
The NBA did the same thing in August 2011

http://www.nba.com/2011/news/08/02/n...uit/index.html

The NHLPA can still make their moves. The NBPA did in November 2011.
Okay, I apologize for incorrect information then. NHL Network Radio never mentioned the NBA did this same thing before the PA filed anything.

Old
12-15-2012, 07:12 AM
RangerBoy
1994 FOREVER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maineice11 View Post
Okay, I apologize for incorrect information then. NHL Network Radio never mentioned the NBA did this same thing before the PA filed anything.
No need to apologize. Its all part of the script. The NHL wants the union in place because their cap system is illegal. Rookie cap illegal. The draft is illegal. Proskauer Rose just changed the names on the complaint and submitted it. I was listening to the the hockey station on Sirius/XM. They didn't know some courts are player friendly and some are owner friendly in the U.S. The NHL and NBA filed in NY. The NBPA filed anti-trust lawsuits in Minnesota which is more player friendly. Will the players need to follow through to disband the union and sue the NHL or will the NHL want to deal before that happens? If the union disbands and a deal is struck,the process of putting the union back together and dismissing the lawsuits will mean the NHL opening training camps will be delayed. It won't be 3-4 days to get the deal on paper and then 7 days of camp. It took the NBA 4 weeks from the time Stern and Hunter made a deal and 12/25. The NBA played 2 preseason games. Its up to the NHL. They have won but they want to rub it in Fehr's face. Brian Lawton is former NHL player,agent and GM. He tweeted a few weeks ago that a deal will be done between December 15-25. Today is the 15th.

Old
12-15-2012, 07:15 AM
Bleed Ranger Blue

Quote:
And I'll always buy Rangers apparel and tickets. I know if it was up to our team's owner, we'd be playing. I'll always show the support. Not saying that the ones who don't buy merchandise and go to games don't show support, but it's just my way that I do.
At least you can think about that and smile when hes price gouging you for tickets, concessions, and merchandise.

Old
12-15-2012, 07:22 AM
Maineice11

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to Maineice11
Quote:
No need to apologize. Its all part of the script. The NHL wants the union in place because their cap system is illegal. Rookie cap illegal. The draft is illegal. Proskauer Rose just changed the names on the complaint and submitted it. I was listening to the the hockey station on Sirius/XM. They didn't know some courts are player friendly and some are owner friendly in the U.S. The NHL and NBA filed in NY. The NBPA filed anti-trust lawsuits in Minnesota which is more player friendly. Will the players need to follow through to disband the union and sue the NHL or will the NHL want to deal before that happens? If the union disbands and a deal is struck,the process of putting the union back together and dismissing the lawsuits will mean the NHL opening training camps will be delayed. It won't be 3-4 days to get the deal on paper and then 7 days of camp. It took the NBA 4 weeks from the time Stern and Hunter made a deal and 12/25. The NBA played 2 preseason games. Its up to the NHL. They have won but they want to rub it in Fehr's face. Brian Lawton is former NHL player,agent and GM. He tweeted a few weeks ago that a deal will be done between December 15-25. Today is the 15th.
I hate the part where there is a "winner" in this, because everyone has lost. In my opinion from what I have seen and heard, Don Fehr has listened to the players he has given them options, but has carried out what the players wanted him to do, I did not feel he was ever pushing his own agenda. Bettman on the other hand was given an extreme amount of power in 2002 and only needs 7 (+ phoenix) owners to put in a lockout. That is a lot of power to one who has no risk (other than losing his job). So I just feel there are differences between both sides and there was no reason for a lockout, this could have been settled by sept 15th. Also, I am not a big fan of the lockout even though it did help Sather

Old
12-15-2012, 07:26 AM
RangerBoy
1994 FOREVER

LeBrun wrote yesterday the players want the NHL to bump up the contract term limits from 5 to 6 years and show more flexibilty on the transition issues. The players will deal with them. The players aren't against the 10 year CBA. 6 and 7 for contracts.

Old
12-15-2012, 07:57 AM
ltrangerfan

Quote:
LeBrun wrote yesterday the players want the NHL to bump up the contract term limits from 5 to 6 years and show more flexibilty on the transition issues. The players will deal with them. The players aren't against the 10 year CBA. 6 and 7 for contracts.

Not sure exactly what Lebrun is saying but....

Perhaps it's time for the PA to write down a offer and present it to the PA? It's not that difficult to find writing paper. Negotiating through reporters was a train that left the station awhile ago.

If the sides are truly that close it makes no sense for the courts to be involved.

Stop playing around and negotiate a final deal.

Old
12-15-2012, 08:10 AM
RangerBoy
1994 FOREVER

Sent: Dec 15, 2012 9:01a

without a union giving cover to league's actions, the agreements among teams (draft, salary caps, etc) are subject to anti-trust challenge

sent via web
On Twitter: http://twitter.com/CHeisenberg/statu...49192078708736

Old
12-15-2012, 08:12 AM
RangerBoy
1994 FOREVER

Sent: Dec 15, 2012 9:10a

If league and union agree to items, there is a non-statutory exemption from the anti-trust laws. Exemption ends when union decertified.

sent via web
On Twitter: http://twitter.com/CHeisenberg/statu...51465940926464

Old
12-15-2012, 08:13 AM
Jabroni
The Corporate Mod

Quote:
Sent: Dec 15, 2012 9:01a

without a union giving cover to league's actions, the agreements among teams (draft, salary caps, etc) are subject to anti-trust challenge

sent via web
On Twitter: http://twitter.com/CHeisenberg/statu...49192078708736
Did the PA file yet?

Old
12-15-2012, 08:29 AM
Jabroni
The Corporate Mod

Rob Rossi ‏@RobRossi_Trib
FWIW: Heard from labor expert I trust immensely. He said Friday developments 'should clear path for serious talks' btwn #NHL #nhlpa

Old
12-15-2012, 08:39 AM
Inferno
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfgaze View Post
You're cracking already! : P

Many of us already only really focus on the Rangers and not other teams in the league so welcome to the club!
yeah pretty much...i dont know how anyone can find the time to watch more than their teams games.....im always working though...

Old
12-15-2012, 08:40 AM
RangerBlue62
Smoothies! Who's in?

Serious talks?!? WTF have they been doing for the past 4 ****ing months? Twiddling their ****ing thumbs. They can care less about the fans, this is ridiculous.

Closed Thread