HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Arizona Coyotes
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Phoenix Coyotes Lounge IV

View Poll Results: Should I try to get into show business?
Yes but have a day job or back up in the meantime 5 55.56%
Yes, go all in 1 11.11%
No 3 33.33%
Other 0 0%
Voters: 9. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old
12-15-2012, 09:45 AM
doaner

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AP View Post
1st off I will speak my mind as I see fit no matter to who it is, even if it is to the officer of the law. So don't tell me to keep my mouth shut.

2nd don't hand me this "only those who have children are able to have an opinion about children." stuff either.
George Carlin has brought a child into this world and not only does he disagree with your highly emotional and irrational rant but based on his rant about children, I say he knows more about what he is talking about.

I can't post the YouTube of here here due to NSFW but an easy search of it on YouTube will come up using the key words George Carlin and Children.

I'm happy to see though that you don't care as much of the innocent lives lost of the adults as the children are. I'm sure those same families of those who lost the loved adult ones would be happy about that as well.
Your example is George carlin??? Nice one! Yeah. Children lack the ability to be able to think appropriately in a situation such as this one. Adults and even older kids, such as middle and high school, have the ability to fight or flight. Kindergarteners do NOT! You can spout your mouth off all you want. I, however, don't have to read the garbage.

Old
12-15-2012, 09:47 AM
doaner

Quote:
I couldn't agree with you more. As humans we can only do so much to make the world we live in a better place for evryone but we live in a world that cannot be saved.
We do, but that's a religious debate I'm sure you don't want to have with me.

Old
12-15-2012, 09:53 AM
Naurutger
#FreeMax

vCash: 1329
It was a sad sad day, let it settle for a while....too many instances this year.

Old
12-15-2012, 09:58 AM
Colt45Blast
is in your head

Quote:
Originally Posted by doaner View Post
Your example is George carlin??? Nice one! Yeah. Children lack the ability to be able to think appropriately in a situation such as this one. Adults and even older kids, such as middle and high school, have the ability to fight or flight. Kindergarteners do NOT! You can spout your mouth off all you want. I, however, don't have to read the garbage.
Children don't have the ability to fight? I guess I must have been seeing things at a local karate shop beacause only adults practice martial arts. I guess that run away from stangers talk adults have with chidren was also a lie as well. For your infomation too, there are plenty of adults who don't know how to defend themselves and often find themselves so paralyed by certain events that they don't even know how to fight or flight when such a moment happens.

Now you go from "Only those who have Children are allowed to have an opinion about children", to ""Only those who have Children are allowed to have an opinion about children as long as those opinions about children agree with my(your) opinions about children.

Last edited by Colt45Blast: 12-15-2012 at 10:07 AM.
Old
12-15-2012, 10:00 AM
Colt45Blast
is in your head

Quote:
We do, but that's a religious debate I'm sure you don't want to have with me.
LOL Wut?

Last edited by Colt45Blast: 12-15-2012 at 10:10 AM.
Old
12-15-2012, 10:07 AM
Rutkowski

Yeah, gun control wouldn't help in any way. That's why we have as many shootings in countries where guns are heavily restricted as they are in the US.

Waaaaaait...

Old
12-15-2012, 10:11 AM
awfulwaffle

Quote:
Children don't have the ability to fight? I guess I must have been seeing things at a local karate shop beacause only adults practice martial arts. I guess that run away from stangers talk adults have with chidren was also a lie as well. For your infomation too, there are plenty of adults who don't know how to defend themselves and often find themselves so paralyed by certain events that they don't even know how to fight or flight when such a moment happens.

Now you go from "Only those who have Children are allowed to have an opinion about children", to ""Only those who have Children are allowed to have an opinion about children as long as those opinions about children agree with my(your) opinions about children.
Kindergartners don't have the mindset to understand what was going on, and how to react to it. Let's be realistic a bit here.

Old
12-15-2012, 10:22 AM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rutkowski View Post
Yeah, gun control wouldn't help in any way. That's why we have as many shootings in countries where guns are heavily restricted as they are in the US.

Waaaaaait...
We are talking about spree killing not typical crime. Go ask Norway about spree killing and gun control. In America we have a dangerous combination of an enormous population and unparalleled freedom.

Old
12-15-2012, 10:24 AM
Colt45Blast
is in your head

Quote:
Originally Posted by awfulwaffle View Post
Kindergartners don't have the mindset to understand what was going on, and how to react to it. Let's be realistic a bit here.
I just love all of the cherrypicking, strawman, point went over the head, highly emotional and high level of ignorance going on here.

That is not my point! My point is that I'm not going to be less sad over the innocent life of an adult lost and more sad of a loss of an innocent childs life. An innocent loss of life is an innocent loss of life no matter the age and deserve to have the same excat amount of tears shed and sadness felt by others who are alive in an indiscriminate matter.

But you guys are right, I shouldn't feel sad and cry for the innocent adult lives lost because all of them are able to "fight or flight".

Last edited by Colt45Blast: 12-15-2012 at 10:56 AM.
Old
12-15-2012, 10:31 AM
doaner

Quote:
I had a black belt, but that was when I was 13!! 5 and 13 are completely different. I'm with you Waff. These kids had no clue as to what would happen!

AP, when an old person dies, yeah, it's sad. But they have led a full life. These 5 yr olds, on the other hand, have not. So yes, it does make it a bit more sad. Use your sense here. But as I said, have a kid in that age group and have a wife that teaches that grade and then come talk to me. It's been a roller coaster day and for you to shoot your mouth off like that? Really?? Get a heart grinch!

Old
12-15-2012, 10:31 AM
doaner

Quote:
Originally Posted by naurutger View Post
It was a sad sad day, let it settle for a while....too many instances this year.
I agree! Hit a bit too close to home and the insensitive post got me going!

Old
12-15-2012, 10:38 AM
Rutkowski

Quote:
Originally Posted by rt View Post
We are talking about spree killing not typical crime. Go ask Norway about spree killing and gun control. In America we have a dangerous combination of an enormous population and unparalleled freedom.
Norway have had one shooting and Breivik got the guns legally through hunting laws loopholes. Not a good example to make your case.

And the freedom to buy tools designed for murdering other people is not a good freedom to have for most civilized people.

Old
12-15-2012, 10:44 AM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Quote:
Norway have had one shooting and Breivik got the guns legally through hunting laws loopholes. Not a good example to make your case.

And the freedom to buy tools designed for murdering other people is not a good freedom to have for most civilized people.
Norway has the population of the junior college down the street from me.

If the United States had Norway's gun control policies, it would not have changed what happened yesterday.

Old
12-15-2012, 10:46 AM
SweYote

Quote:
I know what I'm going to say next is going to piss off a few people but I'm not holding back either. There is no question that it really sucks to see so many children killed in yesterdays attack. I do find it ****ed up that there are those in the world who think that the innocent life of a child lost is worthy of more sadness and tears than the loss of an innocent life that of not a child. I do understand that almost every child is not able to defend themselves at such an young age, period. But that doesn't change the fact that an innocent life lost is an innocent life lost no matter the age.

RIP to all of the victims of the shooting.
You're making a point of people being insensitive and then you post this less than ten minutes later? Come on, man.

Quote:
It is our nature to immediately focus on preventing future atrocities like this and some somehow "fix" this problem. To find out "why" and to take action.

People immediately run to gun control, blame media, etc. Politicize the whole thing and fall back into their familiar, and comforting political arguments about this or that. Playing the blame game and squabbling with the "other side" is easy. People do it so much that it's kind of by rote anymore. Doesn't take much thought.

The thing thtat is actually scary is that gun control won't prevent this. Changing to media to fit whatevver idea you have in your head as to how it should operate won't prevent this. Spree killings are an inevitability. It's horrifying and nobody likes to be powerless against this but that's the ****** truth. This school did their lock down drill and they acted exactly as they were trained to. They still lost more than two dozen people.
Great post. I understand why, but at the same time it really bothers me that people try to make this into something like politics gone wrong.

Old
12-15-2012, 10:54 AM
Colt45Blast
is in your head

Quote:
Originally Posted by SweYote View Post
You're making a point of people being insensitive and then you post this less than ten minutes later?
Common sense says that when an innocent life is lost people should take the time to show the same excat amont of sadness and tears in an discriminate manner. There is no hypocrisy on my end but rather me calling out the hypocrisy of others on this.

Old
12-15-2012, 11:02 AM
Rutkowski

Quote:
Norway has the population of the junior college down the street from me.

If the United States had Norway's gun control policies, it would not have changed what happened yesterday.
China had a school attack yesterday too. 20 people injured, no dead. Guess what the attacker did not have that the one in Connecticut had?

And what junior college have five million students?

Old
12-15-2012, 11:06 AM
awfulwaffle

Quote:
I just love all of the cherrypicking, strawman, point went over the head, highly emotional and high level of ignorance going on here.

That is not my point! My point is that I'm not going to be less sad over the innocent life of an adult lost and more sad of a loss of an innocent childs life. An innocent loss of life is an innocent loss of life no matter the age and deserve to have the same excat amount of tears shed and sadness felt by others who are alive in an indiscriminate matter.

But you guys are right, I shouldn't feel sad and cry for the innocent adult lives lost because all of them are able to "fight or flight".
Where did I say I don't feel for the lives lost of adults, with the ability to understand what's going on around them and think quickly about what to do in the situation?

Old
12-15-2012, 11:08 AM
Colt45Blast
is in your head

Quote:
I had a black belt, but that was when I was 13!! 5 and 13 are completely different. I'm with you Waff. These kids had no clue as to what would happen!

AP, when an old person dies, yeah, it's sad. But they have led a full life. These 5 yr olds, on the other hand, have not. So yes, it does make it a bit more sad. Use your sense here. But as I said, have a kid in that age group and have a wife that teaches that grade and then come talk to me. It's been a roller coaster day and for you to shoot your mouth off like that? Really?? Get a heart grinch!

I am using my sense here and once again my point continues to be missed. Jeez, you make it sound like that I don't care at all that the lives of innocent children were lost. So much for that ideal that my parents gave me that I should judge others only by content of character and not by age, race, sex, nationalty, creed, etc.

Old
12-15-2012, 11:09 AM
Colt45Blast
is in your head

Quote:
Where did I say I don't feel for the lives lost of adults, with the ability to understand what's going on around them and think quickly about what to do in the situation?
I'm not saying you but there are plenty of others around the world who are being like this.

Old
12-15-2012, 11:10 AM
awfulwaffle

Quote:
I am using my sense here and once again my point continues to be missed. Jeez, you make it sound like that I don't care at all that the lives of innocent children were lost. So much for that ideal that my parents gave me that I should judge others only by content of character and not by age, race, sex, nationalty, creed, etc.
Dude, we get it, you have a point, but adults at least have the mindset to react to a situation, where as these kids didn't. Perhaps you are missing our point.

Old
12-15-2012, 11:10 AM
SweYote

Quote:
Common sense says that when an innocent life is lost people should take the time to show the same excat amont of sadness and tears in an discriminate manner. There is no hypocrisy on my end but rather me calling out the hypocrisy of others on this.
What is hypocrisy about just mourning the loss of these lives rather than starting a pointless discussion about whose life is worth what?

Old
12-15-2012, 11:13 AM
Rutkowski

Quote:
China isn't Norway. Your point is that authoritarian communism like China is the way to go?
My point is that population means jack **** when it comes to this due to today's global connectivity. Deranged people will always hurt others but almost only when they have access to guns does it get this ugly.

Old
12-15-2012, 11:20 AM
Colt45Blast
is in your head

Quote:
Dude, we get it, you have a point, but adults at least have the mindset to react to a situation, where as these kids didn't. Perhaps you are missing our point.
The problem is many these generalzations of kids, adults, age, etc being made. Many adults don't have that kind of mind set in part due to either their parents over protecting them(bad parenting) or just don't have that kind of mind function to know how to flight or flight no matter how hard the parents work towards raising their kids right or whatever. There are some children at a very young age that do and some that don't.

Before anyone you look to say that I'm blaiming the parents for their childrens lives lost I am not, that is 100% the fault of the shooter who if he was caught alive deserves to be hung from a street lamp and have rocks thrown at.

Last edited by Colt45Blast: 12-15-2012 at 11:26 AM.
Old
12-15-2012, 11:24 AM
Colt45Blast
is in your head

Quote:
What is hypocrisy about just mourning the loss of these lives rather than starting a pointless discussion about whose life is worth what?
Common sense says that those who take the lives of the innocent deserve to not to have others feel bad for them at all and deserve the apporite punishment depending on the circumstanes of how the innocent person lost their life.

Old
12-15-2012, 11:35 AM
Colt45Blast
is in your head

Quote:
My point is that population means jack **** when it comes to this due to today's global connectivity. Deranged people will always hurt others but almost only when they have access to guns does it get this ugly.
Even if all of the guns in the world are gone there are plenty of ways for people to kill others without them and kill a bunch of people at one time.

Such things as, but not limited to:
Bombs(including homemade ones)
Running people over with a vechile
Gasing
Setting a building on fire
Flying a plane into a building(the Twin towers)

If people want to kills others, they will find a way.

Closed Thread