HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Florida Panthers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Official 2012/13 San Antonio Rampage Thread

Old
12-10-2012, 08:03 PM
Erick

vCash: 500
Gudbranson is coming back soon, right?

Erick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2012, 09:11 PM
KaylaJ
Tungsten!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RampageNate View Post
-Yonkman is the team captain and has absolutely shut down and frustrated Taylor Hall. He's not sitting.
That was a lot of fun to watch. Even my mother who is still learning noted Yonkman seemed "different".

And glad for Markstrom, not just for selfish personal fan reasons, but because it was a bummer to watch him struggle out of the gate. You could tell he def wasn't happy about it.

KaylaJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2012, 12:17 AM
Howboutthempanthers
No tanking here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erick View Post
Gudbranson is coming back soon, right?
January from all indication. Maybe there's a small chance we just might see Bjugstad too, late in the season if he leaves school early and signs a contract.

Howboutthempanthers is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2012, 09:16 AM
RampageNate

Send a message via Yahoo to RampageNate
Gameday!

Reminder: game is at 12:05 EST today.

RampageNate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2012, 01:47 PM
Kate

Can anyone give me an update? I'm at work and am 760 has football on. And i can't check FB.

Kate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2012, 01:54 PM
RampageNate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kate View Post
Can anyone give me an update? I'm at work and am 760 has football on. And i can't check FB.
2-1 Aeros after 2.

Rallo from Robak and Petrovic with 30 seconds left in the second period.

3rd will start with almost a full PK for the Rampage after a Wellman high stick.

Old
12-11-2012, 02:11 PM
Kate

Quote:
2-1 Aeros after 2.

Rallo from Robak and Petrovic with 30 seconds left in the second period.

3rd will start with almost a full PK for the Rampage after a Wellman high stick.
Thanks. When are they gonna learn to stay outta that box? Good luck to the guys today.

Old
12-11-2012, 02:18 PM
RampageNate

4-1 Aeros.

Warm up the bus.

Old
12-11-2012, 02:31 PM
RampageNate

5-1 Final

Alex Petrovic on the ice for all three 3rd period goals. Not the best way to come back from a healthy scratch.

Now, off to OKC without our second best defensive player.

Weeeeeeee

Old
12-11-2012, 02:40 PM
Ghoste
Vigo the Carpathian

Due for a wrench I guess. Yeah, I was wondering if Petro would come back with the same fire (like Wellman) but not yet it seems. Hopefully Shore will be back.

-ghoste

Ghoste is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2012, 11:32 AM
RampageNate

Gameday!

Old
12-14-2012, 11:07 PM
Lampshade85

So I noticed that Markstrom was replaced part way through the game. Was he having an off night or was it more along the lines of trying to motivate the team?

Lampshade85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2012, 12:35 AM
SephF
Visually Better

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMightyPanther85 View Post
So I noticed that Markstrom was replaced part way through the game. Was he having an off night or was it more along the lines of trying to motivate the team?
IMO the coach pulled him because he already faced 28 shots after two periods (enough shots for an entire nights worth of work). I think it was a message to the players and sparing Markstrom such a big workload.

SephF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2012, 07:54 AM
Kate

I've asked this before, but never really got an answer. If Markstrom and DGM are BOTH on 2 way contracts, why is Marky getting all of the playing time? If Dov is not getting any playing time, with his talent, skill, and age, just let some other team with a crappy goalie buy him out where he could actually do some good (I really hope that never happens). Then, put Foster in as backup. If the goal is not wins for the Rampage, but just to see if Markstrom can handle a grueling NHL season, what's the point of wasting the talent of the other guy?........ I'm probably just naïve with contracts and such, but what the heck....just thought I'd ask.

Old
12-15-2012, 08:06 AM
Kate

Quote:
Originally Posted by SephF View Post
IMO the coach pulled him because he already faced 28 shots after two periods (enough shots for an entire nights worth of work). I think it was a message to the players and sparing Markstrom such a big workload.
I've seen games where there were 40+ SOG in one game (darn AHL), and other goalies handled it (like mediocre tenders such as Tordjman). Marky should be able to deal with 28 W/O letting 4 in. I guess there was no defense or offense last night, and I didn't see the game, but he should be able to handle maybe a couple of the goals he let in... don't know how many were rebounds, his weakness. Just my opinion.

Last edited by Kate: 12-15-2012 at 09:02 AM.
Old
12-15-2012, 12:10 PM
SARampage

Jacob wins player of week and get's blow out in 2 games. Going to be hard award to except tomorrow. Hope team tighten's up around him. He gave his all during that week. Like Nate said, this stretch is the toughest for team. They just put themselves back into this, can't go back now.

SARampage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2012, 02:50 PM
Erick

Is the problem Markstrom's inconsistency or is it that the team in front of him kinda sucks?

Erick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2012, 07:55 PM
RampageNate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erick View Post
Is the problem Markstrom's inconsistency or is it that the team in front of him kinda sucks?
Both

Old
12-15-2012, 07:56 PM
RampageNate

Quote:
I've asked this before, but never really got an answer. If Markstrom and DGM are BOTH on 2 way contracts, why is Marky getting all of the playing time? If Dov is not getting any playing time, with his talent, skill, and age, just let some other team with a crappy goalie buy him out where he could actually do some good (I really hope that never happens). Then, put Foster in as backup. If the goal is not wins for the Rampage, but just to see if Markstrom can handle a grueling NHL season, what's the point of wasting the talent of the other guy?........ I'm probably just naïve with contracts and such, but what the heck....just thought I'd ask.
So what happens then if Markstrom gets hurt? Instead of having DGM to take the reigns, you now turn it over to Brian Foster.

In other words, you have managed to completely piss your whole season away.

Old
12-15-2012, 08:47 PM
Kate

Quote:
So what happens then if Markstrom gets hurt? Instead of having DGM to take the reigns, you now turn it over to Brian Foster.

In other words, you have managed to completely piss your whole season away.
I'm looking at it in the eyes of the DGM. I could NEVER speak for another person, but I could imagine if I were he, and I was able to play one game out of every 8 or 9, just waiting for the other guy to screw up, and my clock was ticking, I would look elsewhere. It seems that FLA doesn't care about the development of Morris, just Markstrom. I've read all kinds of opinions on both goalies. Both have their fans. I'm just more a fan of Dov. That makes me one-sided. That's why I mentioned Foster. It seems like it's screw the Rampage, we care about Markstrom. God knows, they've put enough support into him. And don't over read into what I'm posting, I was just asking a question that STILL hasn't been answered.

Old
12-15-2012, 08:49 PM
Howboutthempanthers
No tanking here.

Jon Sim with his second goal in two games. He does score in bunches... But alas, he goes cold too.

Howboutthempanthers is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2012, 01:11 PM
RampageNate

Quote:
I'm looking at it in the eyes of the DGM. I could NEVER speak for another person, but I could imagine if I were he, and I was able to play one game out of every 8 or 9, just waiting for the other guy to screw up, and my clock was ticking, I would look elsewhere. It seems that FLA doesn't care about the development of Morris, just Markstrom. I've read all kinds of opinions on both goalies. Both have their fans. I'm just more a fan of Dov. That makes me one-sided. That's why I mentioned Foster. It seems like it's screw the Rampage, we care about Markstrom. God knows, they've put enough support into him. And don't over read into what I'm posting, I was just asking a question that STILL hasn't been answered.

Dov is one of the smartest hockey players I've had the pleasure of talking to (he did graduate from Harvard, after all). He knew when he signed that contract that Markstrom was (and is) the future of the Panthers and that this could possibly happen. Let's not forget that Dov was wasting away in some lower league over in Europe when the Panthers/Rampage came calling. They then rewarded him with an NHL two way deal this summer. I'm sure he's beyond grateful for the opportunity to even compete for a possible NHL job.

Bottom line, this is a business and the AHL is a "developmental" league. DGM understands this better than anyone. Not to mention, he's signed to a contract. He either goes along with the program or he can go play in the ECHL for less money.

My last post was just addressing your question about why the Rampage wouldn't trade DGM to another team for a chance to play. You don't trade away good depth to make everyone happy. Foster is fine as a backup, but like I said, if you trade away DGM, then Markstrom gets hurt, the Rampage are forced to go with Foster as a starter and Houser, who's never played a pro game, as the backup.

That's just crazy talk. Markstrom is getting all the playing time, because he is their future #1 goalie. He's never played a full season, and they need to know that he can handle it. Also, don't believe for a second that this is the only command that has come down from Florida regarding playing time for prospects.

Old
12-16-2012, 11:54 PM
Beezeral

Rampage Nate said it best. While we all want the rampage to do well, the primary concern for the panthers/panther fans is that our prospects are properly developed. Putting our stud prospect on the bench in favor of a guy who playing well but is unlikely to ever sniff the NHL is not smart business

Beezeral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2012, 11:15 AM
Coolburn

Send a message via AIM to Coolburn Send a message via MSN to Coolburn Send a message via Yahoo to Coolburn
I saw that the game tonight against Dallas and Saturday against Hamilton should be televised so I assume there will be a stream somewhere of it. If anyone finds it, can you post it?

Coolburn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-19-2012, 11:38 AM
RampageNate

Gameday!