2012 CBA/Lockout talk, It's not looking good VI

Closed Thread

Old
12-14-2012, 03:05 PM
EverettMike

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladyfan View Post
You know I would enjoy the B's games more with you attending.

BTW They already have my $$$...

I did not mean you by the way (about the "sheep" thing). Mike, you are such a passionate fan and you made the cup win even more delightful when we saw you at the games and from reading your posts on this board. They should feel shame for turning fans like you off from the games.

I find it very sad that these fools did this to the game we all love. They need a good slap. It is so stupid to have waited so long to start working this out. We all know there will be NHL hockey again. It was just foolish to let it come to this...again.

and this is nothing compared to what I just heard about a shooting at a school in Conn. 30 people killed...18 kids...makes me cry. Good Lord.
I was defending the people being called sheep for going back or keeping their tickets or whatever. I'm glad people will be glad, I'm glad you kept your seats. I always look for you and your sister during games. Always makes me happy to know you two are right there.

My love for the Bruins is very well-documented on these boards, I just laugh at people that say things like if you really care you'll go back. Yeah, I don't care, you got it.

Old
12-14-2012, 03:38 PM
DKH

Send a message via AIM to DKH
Anyone telling me or anyone else to give up their seats is just plain a fool.

All I can say is PM me a 500 word summary of your interests and I'll be glad to give advice on what we can change around

only on this board do you get stupid stuff like this- and I'm assuming our 'life coaches' are new to the game since a complete year off in 2004-5 would have had them leaving the sport and of course this board.

I've never met in person someone who told me how to live my life that wasn't a complete train wreck- but this board you can be anyone

NFL had replacement players in 1987 that was a complete joke and how is that league doing these days

Old
12-14-2012, 03:40 PM
DKH

Send a message via AIM to DKH
Quote:
Originally Posted by EverettMike View Post
Hey, for everyone eager to go back and spend your hard earned dollars good for you.

Anyone that calls someone a "sheep" for not having the same priorities is being condescending.

They aren't getting my money and that is a personal decision, but I am actually glad for people that don't feel that way. Good for you and enjoy.
agree and you and I know the person offering 'life coaching' probably is more ****ed up than Buffalo Bill from Silence of the Lambs

Old
12-14-2012, 04:23 PM
MarshmontMcSlewfoot

I am with DKH freak everyone who thinks fans should stop going-

I am itching for my hockey and have little/no plans on giving up my seats. I think another Cup is in the works once we come back. I have Celtics tickets too and love the C's but its just not cutting it for me every game I have gone to makes me wish it was the Bruins instead.

I am however in contact with the team to get the seats in front of me adjusted for more leg room since when someone sits down they fold up into my knees and I barely have 4 inches of leg room (this is probably the best time ever to complain about it and get something done.) I might even offer to switch from option 2 to option 1 if they upgrade me closer to center ice.

It sounds like this will drag out a couple more weeks and our agreement is going to come closer to New Years. If the PA don't bit I plan on supporting the replacements and having a good time at the games and hoping the financial compensation for replacements is satasfactory.

My protests will be confined to occasional BYOB!

Old
12-14-2012, 04:24 PM
robert terwilliger
the bart, the

if they come back this season, i'm not spending any money on the league. i usually get the center ice package but i'll just watch whatever games are on.

Old
12-14-2012, 04:36 PM
EverettMike

If the NHL disappears forever I hope it is replaced with the James Caan version of Rollerball.

JON-A-THAN!

JON-A-THAN!

Old
12-14-2012, 04:38 PM
robert terwilliger
the bart, the

i hope the early years of the new league are crooked against montreal.

Old
12-14-2012, 04:42 PM
EverettMike

Quote:
Originally Posted by robert terwilliger View Post
i hope the early years of the new league are crooked against montreal.
Rollerball is a brutal, violent, occassionally fatal sport.

Montreal would not be involved in that league. They would probably leads some protests againts it though.

Old
12-14-2012, 07:05 PM
DOGSTARMAN

Quote:
Rollerball is a brutal, violent, occassionally fatal sport.

Montreal would not be involved in that league. They would probably leads some protests againts it though.
Can I get one of those flame throwers that lights up the tall pine trees?

Old
12-14-2012, 10:09 PM
Tuukka Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crossfire View Post
Greg Wyshynski ‏@wyshynski
PK Subban guarantees we'll have a 2012-13 season. #MvsW
So, considering all 2012 games were already cancelled, his guarantee was wrong the second he stated it. That has to be a record.

Old
12-14-2012, 10:28 PM
DOGSTARMAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuukka Time View Post
So, considering all 2012 games were already cancelled, his guarantee was wrong the second he stated it. That has to be a record.
Fail. Games are canceled through December 30 and there are games scheduled for December 31. So, it is actually your statement that is wrong, as you framed your observation.

Old
12-15-2012, 02:12 AM
MarshmontMcSlewfoot

This de-certification talk is pretty toxic and scary from the union. I thought we were close to a deal and the owners would lengthen contracts a year and we'd have hockey.

Its basically threatening mountains of legal costs to the owners and forcing them to hire replacement players. But 9/10 lawsuits will be thrown out. There will be one or two settlements in certain states that get attention and maybe one team will lose in court.

Overwhelmingly though the players are close to screwing themselves badly.

Old
12-15-2012, 06:31 AM
JMiller

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharaTriedToEatMe View Post
This de-certification talk is pretty toxic and scary from the union. I thought we were close to a deal and the owners would lengthen contracts a year and we'd have hockey.

Its basically threatening mountains of legal costs to the owners and forcing them to hire replacement players. But 9/10 lawsuits will be thrown out. There will be one or two settlements in certain states that get attention and maybe one team will lose in court.

Overwhelmingly though the players are close to screwing themselves badly.
The whole thing has been toxic and scary from day one- this talk is no different. It's just getting down to both sides last cards to play- the nhlpa has decertification and Bettman has the drop dead date.

Old
12-15-2012, 08:09 AM
Spooner st

NHL files suit, labor charge against union

NHL files suit, labor charge against union.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nhl-fil...7445--nhl.html

Quote:
The league filed a class action suit Friday in U.S. District Court in New York, seeking to establish that its now 90-day lockout is legal. In a separate move, the NHL filed an unfair labor practice charge with the National Labor Relations Board, claiming the players' association has bargained in bad faith.

Last edited by Spooner st: 12-15-2012 at 08:14 AM.
Old
12-15-2012, 09:52 AM
EverettMike

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spooner st View Post
NHL files suit, labor charge against union.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nhl-fil...7445--nhl.html
Smart pre-emptive move by the NHL filing in NY, which apparently is very friendly to their argument.

Word is the PA will file in California for the same reasons.

Most things I've read says the complaint with the NLRB is a joke because with the concessions the PA has made they have obviously not bargained in bad faith, plus it has been three months and the NHL can not argue that workers don't have the right to stop being represented.

The claim of disinterest route is faster, but is more of a question mark for the PA.

True decertification offers a better chance of winning, but at the cost of a much longer fight.

Old
12-15-2012, 10:17 AM
howaryuh

As usual, it looks like the lawyers are going to be the winners in this one.

Old
12-15-2012, 11:17 AM
Kaoz
Ima Krejciist.

Quote:
Smart pre-emptive move by the NHL filing in NY, which apparently is very friendly to their argument.

Word is the PA will file in California for the same reasons.

Most things I've read says the complaint with the NLRB is a joke because with the concessions the PA has made they have obviously not bargained in bad faith, plus it has been three months and the NHL can not argue that workers don't have the right to stop being represented.

The claim of disinterest route is faster, but is more of a question mark for the PA.

True decertification offers a better chance of winning, but at the cost of a much longer fight.
Both methods are to similar ends though are they not? The dissolution of the union so that players can launch anti-trust law suits? Decertification would be players saying they no longer wish to be represented by the union while a disclaimer is the union saying they no longer wish to represent the players.

Either way, both are simply a tactic at this point and both will take quite some time and still won't likely work out in their favor. The players would be best served by actually decertifying as it looks a lot less like a negotiating tactic (as you already alluded to), but that would require a commitment to that path and a willingness to live without those fat contracts for a couple of years.

No doubt the nhl launching their own lawsuit is the owners saying "yea, we don't think you have that commitment,so ok, we call your bluff."

Old
12-15-2012, 12:08 PM
Grumpy Grizz

The worst part is that the union has painted themselves in a corner.They can't sign the offer now because how would that look to the players, they could have been back to work and be earning money now.
What is the NHLPA endgame? I read an article and the writer mentioned that 720 players(all the players) made more money than 18 teams. How long does a league keep going, with that many teams losing money without needing to change the system? Players come and go, but the teams are in it for the long-haul, so the owners have to make sure they can survive.
I don't remember the NHLPA ever questioning the NHL claims of that many teams losing money(they might of, I just don't remember) so why are they still trying to go for every little penny they can.
Honestly, I hate how negotiations go, back and forth, keeping cards hidden. I'm more of a straight forward, this is what I can afford to offer, nothing hidden kind of guy(married to a German lady you get used to straight ahead, no games, this is how it is).
Just sign the darn thing, the players definitely won't be lining up at the welfare line,...unless they decertify and the owners can set the rules.

Old
12-15-2012, 01:27 PM
KnightofBoston
MVP

How will it look if they hold out and the season is lost?

A lot worse than if they come to an agreement

Old
12-15-2012, 02:39 PM
Lost Horizons
Everybody Wants Some

NHL PLAYERS TO VOTE ON GIVING BOARD AUTHORITY TO DISSOLVE UNION

Old
12-15-2012, 03:11 PM
Kaoz
Ima Krejciist.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost Horizons View Post
Well, at least they're allowed to vote to something I suppose.

Old
12-15-2012, 03:13 PM
Shaun
beauty

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost Horizons View Post
Can't wait to see the results. I hope this doesn't pass and shows how divided the union is and makes these *******s on twitter look stupid.

Old
12-15-2012, 03:20 PM
81ragnaH

Part of the NHL's legal claim was that, if the PA is allowed to pass this Disclaimer of Interest, all contracts become null and void. Not gonna lie, part of me would enjoy watching the chaos that would ensue if that were to become a reality .

Old
12-15-2012, 04:23 PM
dtam83

Quote:
Originally Posted by 81ragnaH View Post
Part of the NHL's legal claim was that, if the PA is allowed to pass this Disclaimer of Interest, all contracts become null and void. Not gonna lie, part of me would enjoy watching the chaos that would ensue if that were to become a reality .
except that I think most good players would look at JJ and think, this mf'er is the one that caused this to be the bleep show it is.

Old
12-15-2012, 04:48 PM
Dellstrom
The new age

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtam83 View Post
except that I think most good players would look at JJ and think, this mf'er is the one that caused this to be the bleep show it is.
He already is looked at that way and will continue to be even if there is a season.

Closed Thread