HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Hamilton Bulldogs [10-15-3] & Wheeling Nailers 2012-2013 2.0

Closed Thread

Old
12-13-2012, 11:55 AM
S Bah

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Et le But View Post
I don't think Avtsin is going to make it, but the problem is the Bulldogs have a serious lack of skill and two punching bags don't change that. Hagel is fine for what he is but Stortini? And you can't tell me when Fortier plays over Avtsin it will be about toughness.

And the fake tough guy act is so tiring, but it's to be expected from certain posters at this point.
Derek Wills said during the last game that Avtsin will be remaining behind in Hamilton with his wife and newborn daughter, for the upcoming 4 game road trip.So Fortier will fill-in for Palushaj,Fortier has been lighting it up lately,so maybe he can provide a spark offensively.

Old
12-13-2012, 04:12 PM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
If Fortier plays over Avtsin. I will donkey punch the entire Hamilton Bulldogs staff.
That's ****ed up.

Palushaj is out 4-6 weeks with a separated shoulder iirc.

Old
12-13-2012, 04:21 PM
canadiensnation
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Analyzer View Post
That's ****ed up.

Palushaj is out 4-6 weeks with a separated shoulder iirc.
Fortier and Avtsin should both play, Hagel should sit.

Old
12-13-2012, 04:33 PM
haburger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beendair Donedat View Post
Why is it you closet coaches think you know better than his own coach? Avtsin has shown a whole lot of nothing during his AHL tenure. In 125 games played, he has 12 goals. He doesn't play a physical role or a shutdown role... So if he's not scoring, he's not checking, and he's not shutting anyone down... Just what the hell is he doing? Nothing. That's why he isn't playing.
thats the internet for ya dude.people think they re experts on here and hide behind a computer spewing out tons of crap.as if anyone of us can actually challenge sylvains decisions.he's a pro coach.hf boards is FULL of beer league poseurs(myself included),but i find it hard to slam guys like sylvain or mb because compared to them i am nothing.

Old
12-13-2012, 04:44 PM
Treb

Quote:
Why is it you closet coaches think you know better than his own coach? Avtsin has shown a whole lot of nothing during his AHL tenure. In 125 games played, he has 12 goals. He doesn't play a physical role or a shutdown role... So if he's not scoring, he's not checking, and he's not shutting anyone down... Just what the hell is he doing? Nothing. That's why he isn't playing.
Avstin is currently 12th for forwards with 2 points and he played 5 times less than most other forward. If we do some crappy stats, he would have had 10 points in 20 games, which would tie him 2nd with palushaj. Even if in the 16 other games he would have scored at the same pace as the last 2 years, he would have had 3 to 6 points in those games, meaning he would have had 5 to 8 points. That's good for 10th to 4th in forward.

So yes, his role in the team would be scoring.

Old
12-13-2012, 05:46 PM
Beendair Donedat

He didn't score much before and never produced close to your projected levels in the past, so I'd say your projected stats are more than a little generous.

Old
12-13-2012, 07:06 PM
dackelljuneaubulis02

Quote:
He didn't score much before and never produced close to your projected levels in the past, so I'd say your projected stats are more than a little generous.
yeah I couldn't see him getting any better since he's 21 so it's probably wisest to not even give him a chance.

You do know that a hockey fan forum is wholly made up of armchair GMs and coaches. That's kind of the point of a hockey forum. Without that concept they wouldn't even exist.

Old
12-13-2012, 07:26 PM
Treb

Quote:
2010-2011 20 points in 58 games ---> 0.3348 ppg ---> 5.51 pts in 16 games
2011-2012 14 pts in 60 games ---> 0.2222 ppg ----> 3.55 pts in 16 games

Pretty much what I predicted

Old
12-13-2012, 07:32 PM
S Bah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treb View Post
Avstin is currently 12th for forwards with 2 points and he played 5 times less than most other forward. If we do some crappy stats, he would have had 10 points in 20 games, which would tie him 2nd with palushaj. Even if in the 16 other games he would have scored at the same pace as the last 2 years, he would have had 3 to 6 points in those games, meaning he would have had 5 to 8 points. That's good for 10th to 4th in forward.

So yes, his role in the team would be scoring.
Quote:
Marc Bergevin as the GM of the Habs and the Bulldogs has restructured the management of both teams and they now have people in place doing jobs that fell to one person over the last decade.The Bulldogs have Martin Lapointe(great two-way forward) and Patrice Brisebois(Habs Dman that bleeds the Red-White et Bleu)helping prospects with everything hockey and daily living if needed.There is interaction between the players and the staff that has replaced the over-taxed Trevor Timmins in supporting the prospects in their development.This has been shown by the treatment accorded A.Avtsin and his family(Staying in Hamilton with his newborn during the 4 game road trip)as well as Avtsin's two-way play in the games he played this season.For a team that finished last season in the cellar,often under-manned,the rookie laden Hamilton Bulldogs have played extremely well considering the defence had only St.Denis and Brendan Nash with pro experience,until MB acquired Pro Dman Mike Commodore to take charge and lead the D with big rookie Jarred Tinordi.Also the three best forwards with Pro experience have been injured,Blake Geoffrion out for the season with a fractured skull,LouisLeblanc missed about 4weeks and now Aaron Palushaj injured against the Monsters(he left the game and returned while still injured)showing the type of camaraderie the Bulldogs have under Rookie Coach Sylvain Lefebrve.So I really hope some of the fans lighten up on our team,they are playing great under the circumstances and if they win tonight their back to playing .500 hockey,which not many people would have expected at the start of the season. Hoorah! Hamilton Bulldogs!

Old
12-14-2012, 12:17 PM
Roulin

IMO Gallagher is going to go on run sooner or later. Right now he has 6 goals in 77 shots (leading the team in shots by a mile) for a 7.79 sh% - I'd bet he finishes the season closer to 10-12%. The shots are a good sign, I remember Pacioretty starting his pro career with tons of shots before they started to go in regularly.

Another good sign is Gallagher's health. Throughout juniors and now in the AHL, he's been in the lineup consistently, despite his size and eagerness to play in tough areas. I don't know if this is a testament to his fitness, ability to play or pain or just dumb luck, but it's a very good thing.

Old
12-14-2012, 01:02 PM
That

I really liked Beaulieu's game last night. It was nice to see him pick up that first goal too. You can tell he's brimming with confidence right now, it's a sight to see when he starts carrying the puck. Great effort by him on his assist, and I really liked his play on the goal. Back in juniors if he missed that pass he probably would have chased the puck, but instead he went right back to protecting the net and blocked a passing lane. Then he pinched at the right time and didn't stop until he got to the net. Great game last night him, he's putting together quite the streak.

Old
12-15-2012, 02:21 PM
S Bah

I'm very impressed with the body of work done by Marc Bergevin since taking over the reins in Habland.Beaulieu & Tinordi as well as Lefbrve's as a rookie coach,in a job most veteran coaches would shun.Not missing the NHL any where near the level I thought, with the emergence of P.Holland and the seamless work of Steve Quailer,what's to miss?Congratulations to the GM and all of the Hamilton Bulldogs for making the NHL lockout seem like a blip on the radar,due to your fine efforts Habs fans have a quality AHL team to watch and cheer for.

Old
12-15-2012, 02:32 PM
jedimyrmidon

Quote:
Originally Posted by S Bah View Post
I'm very impressed with the body of work done by Marc Bergevin since taking over the reins in Habland.Beaulieu & Tinordi as well as Lefbrve's as a rookie coach,in a job most veteran coaches would shun.Not missing the NHL any where near the level I thought, with the emergence of P.Holland and the seamless work of Steve Quailer,what's to miss?Congratulations to the GM and all of the Hamilton Bulldogs for making the NHL lockout seem like a blip on the radar,due to your fine efforts Habs fans have a quality AHL team to watch and cheer for.
The Bulldogs are, what, second to last in the league? Worst offense?

The quality will [hopefully] come later as all the prospects mature and develop.

Old
12-15-2012, 02:56 PM
Mtl6

No more Boyce: http://www.rds.ca/bulldogs/chroniques/353114.html

Old
12-15-2012, 03:40 PM
S Bah

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedimyrmidon View Post
The Bulldogs are, what, second to last in the league? Worst offense?

The quality will [hopefully] come later as all the prospects mature and develop.
Go back 5 posts for explanation for optimism,watching all of the Bulldogs games this season helps in identifying their progress.Some fans can learn much more about the Habs by following their farm team closely.The Bulldogs play is based on the format the Habs play,the prospects play this system and learn to apply it to a T in the AHL.Thus preparing them for an easy transition to the NHL game,which is much faster with the best players in the world.The main purpose for the farm team is to develop the Habs prospects,if they happen to win the Calder Trophy next season,it will be due to years of good drafting and the changes made by MB to assist their development.

Old
12-15-2012, 05:07 PM
Habsfan18

I know I'm higher on him than most, but I really see Nattinen being a future fixture in our bottom 6. Really like his game.

12-15-2012, 05:27 PM
WeThreeKings
DJ Nikita

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsfan18 View Post
I know I'm higher on him than most, but I really see Nattinen being a future fixture in our bottom 6. Really like his game.
I've always liked Nattinen. Smart player, good vision, has playmaking tools, can grind it out in front of the net with good hand eye.

Old
12-15-2012, 07:20 PM
ChoseLa

Natinnen could be, at his peak, what Eller was for us last season.

Old
12-15-2012, 08:12 PM
domdo345

atdhenet.tv feed is not working for me! crap

edit: working now!

Old
12-15-2012, 08:16 PM
Protest the Hero

Nattinen scores off a weird bounce

Old
12-15-2012, 08:29 PM
Marc the Habs Fan
Cakes!

vCash: 567
Just tuned in...Nattinen is centering Quailer, so that's good.

Old
12-15-2012, 08:30 PM
domdo345

pretty wide open game! rare exciting AHL game this year lol

Old
12-15-2012, 08:33 PM
Marc the Habs Fan
Cakes!

Blunden! Gallagher created that with a great steal.

And the Ice Hogs scoreboard graphics are amazing, haha.

Old
12-15-2012, 08:33 PM
domdo345

nice work by gally to force a turnover! Blunden needles it!

Old
12-15-2012, 08:34 PM
Marc the Habs Fan
Cakes!

And the Ice Hogs tie it. At least we get to see their hilarious post goal video.

Closed Thread