HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Non-Sports > Geek Emporium
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Geek Emporium Discuss computers, hardware, software, electronics, video games, internet, etc.

XBOX 360 vs. PS3 vs. WII (ALL Discussion Here)

View Poll Results: Preferred Gaming System?
PC 35 19.44%
Xbox 360 56 31.11%
PS3 75 41.67%
None, I just lurk around this forum because cool kids post here 10 5.56%
Wii 4 2.22%
Voters: 180. You may not vote on this poll

Old
11-28-2012, 10:45 AM
Winger98
powers combined

vCash: 500
Send a message via Yahoo to Winger98
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oscar Acosta View Post
Must be using the NHL's attendance numbers guy because I've seen those things everywhere.
I'm seen them on shelves, too, but I'm gonna bet it's because some places were hit harder with orders/waiting lists than others. Around it here I seem to find it pretty consistently at Target, but not at TRU or Gamestop.

11-28-2012, 11:02 AM
Neely2005
Grey Cup Champions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clock View Post
What a wasted opportunity with that Wii Mini. No internet connectivity or bundled game, but it still costs 100 bucks?
Agreed, that's pretty dumb. Is it really only available in Canada? (I read that somewhere and it seemed odd)

Neely2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2012, 01:22 PM
Leaf Rocket
Leaf Fan Till I Die

No one at this point argues against the amazingness of PlayStation Plus, and Sony reports that Plus also saw significant growth. “Sales of PlayStation Plus subscriptions on PlayStation Network increased 259% compared to last year’s Black Friday period,” Sony states, with “customer satisfaction rates for PS Plus… above 95%.”
http://ca.ign.com/articles/2012/11/2...k-friday-sales

11-29-2012, 04:20 PM
Krishna

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaf Rocket View Post
No one at this point argues against the amazingness of PlayStation Plus, and Sony reports that Plus also saw significant growth. “Sales of PlayStation Plus subscriptions on PlayStation Network increased 259% compared to last year’s Black Friday period,” Sony states, with “customer satisfaction rates for PS Plus… above 95%.”
http://ca.ign.com/articles/2012/11/2...k-friday-sales
How did they get the satisfaction rate for playstation plus?

North Americans are getting pretty frustrated with it. They are getting 1 good game a month max after the E3 presentation month. NA also gets a much worse selection as compared to the European PS+.

http://www.***********/r/PlayStationP...june_nov_21st/

And for next month PS+ EU is getting :
5th December: Batman: Arkham City (PS3)
5th December: LIMBO (PS3)
5th December: Vanquish (PS3)
12th December: Big Sky Infinity (PS Vita and PS3)
19th December: Mortal Kombat (PS Vita) – not available in AU
21st December: Knytt Underground (PS Vita and PS3)
Additional offers and savings TBC

Krishna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2012, 07:22 PM
Leaf Rocket
Leaf Fan Till I Die

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krishna View Post
How did they get the satisfaction rate for playstation plus?

North Americans are getting pretty frustrated with it. They are getting 1 good game a month max after the E3 presentation month. NA also gets a much worse selection as compared to the European PS+.

http://www.***********/r/PlayStationP...june_nov_21st/

And for next month PS+ EU is getting :
5th December: Batman: Arkham City (PS3)
5th December: LIMBO (PS3)
5th December: Vanquish (PS3)
12th December: Big Sky Infinity (PS Vita and PS3)
19th December: Mortal Kombat (PS Vita) – not available in AU
21st December: Knytt Underground (PS Vita and PS3)
Additional offers and savings TBC
THAT IS UN****ING COOL MAN! GOD DAMN IT THEY GOT BATMAN ARKHAM CITY!!? COME On!!!!

Leaf Rocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2012, 02:05 AM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

vCash: 3578
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos

“Every good army needs a couple of criminals.” - Dean Lombardi
Telos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2012, 08:40 AM
Jussi
I am siege face

vCash: 612
November NPD stats via Neogaf:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=503054

Software:

Quote:
01. Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 (360, PS3, PC, Wii U) Activision Blizzard - 7.5M (We know that PS3/360 accounted for 7.4M, and PC > Wii U. MW3 did 9 million, BLOPS 8.4, and MW2 did 6.1 million. This had one less week than normal.)
02. Halo 4 (360) Microsoft - 3.2M (Reach and Halo 3 did 3.3 million, but with about half or less the days. I'm unclear on if this counts bundles.)
03. Assassin's Creed III (360, PS3, Wii U, PC) Ubisoft - 2.9M (The previous three games did around 1.1-1.3 million in their opening month. This is insane growth.)
04. Just Dance 4 (Wii, 360, Wii U, PS3) Ubisoft
05. Madden NFL 13 (360, PS3, Wii, PSV, Wii U) Electronic Arts
06. Skylanders Giants (Wii, 360, Ps3, 3DS, Wii U) Activision Blizzard
07. Need For Speed: Most Wanted 2012 (PS3, 360, PSV, PC) Electronic Arts - 509K (Hot Pursuit did 417K, and The Run did a fair bit worse than Hot Pursuit.)
08. NBA 2K13 (360, PS3, Wii, PSP, Wii U, PC) Take-Two Interactive
09. WWE 13 (360, PS3, Wii) THQ
10. FIFA Soccer 13 (360, PS3, Wii, PSV, 3DS, Wii U, PSP) Electronic Arts

XX. New Super Mario Bros Wii U (Nintendo, Wii U) - 243K

Mario Kart 7 LTD: 2M
Hardware:

Quote:
Xbox 360: 1.26M (-25.9%) - Nearly 2x every other console and more than Wii U + Wii combined.
Nintendo 3DS: 540K (-32.1%)
Nintendo Wii U: 425K
Nintendo Wii: 420K (-51.1%)
Nintendo DS: 370K (+5.7%)
PlayStation Vita: 210K-225K
Quote:
Wedbush Securities analyst Michael Pachter deemed the November sales results -- a record 12 months of declines -- as "worse than I expected."

The culprit, he says, was Wii U hardware sales, which came in about $50 million below expected, and sales of Nintendo handhelds, the DS and 3DS. "Wii U hardware was sold out, we checked, so it's a supply issue," he says. But Wii U software sales "was abysmal, only Super Mario sold any meaningful units."

Jussi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2012, 06:06 AM
villevalo

I'm thinking of getting a PS3, already have a 360 but I like the look of a lot of PS3 exclusives released and coming up, also good to have a blu ray player, get the feeling it wont be long until regular dvds are obsolete.

Anyways I saw a few youtube vids of the new slim PS3 and it looks a bit... cheap, is there any real difference between it and the generation before it?

villevalo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2012, 10:55 AM
Orpheus
Valar Morgulis

Quote:
Originally Posted by villevalo View Post
I'm thinking of getting a PS3, already have a 360 but I like the look of a lot of PS3 exclusives released and coming up, also good to have a blu ray player, get the feeling it wont be long until regular dvds are obsolete.

Anyways I saw a few youtube vids of the new slim PS3 and it looks a bit... cheap, is there any real difference between it and the generation before it?
Only real differences are the hard drive sizes, the newer ps3's tend to come with bigger hard drives. You can buy your own hard drive for a Ps3 though, so it's not a big deal.

If you get a PS3, feel free to add me on PSN (doalateralus) if you have any questions or such. I highly recommend taking a look at PS+, it's easily worth the investment.

Edit: Oh, and since you live in the UK, European PS+ has great games this month with Arkham City, Vanquish and other stuff.

You can get a free European PS+ trial over at https://www.facebook.com/SonyPlaysta...06681779474103 if it's still open.

Orpheus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2012, 02:16 AM
Jussi
I am siege face

Quote:
Originally Posted by villevalo View Post

I'd say you're better off buying a standalone Blu-Ray player (they are getting really cheap these says) and waiting until next Christmas or early 2014 for the next Xbox.

Old
12-15-2012, 09:55 AM
Jovavic
Lose to CBJ?

Send a message via AIM to Jovavic
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jussi View Post
I'd say you're better off buying a standalone Blu-Ray player (they are getting really cheap these says) and waiting until next Christmas or early 2014 for the next Xbox.
How does waiting for the next Xbox help him with playing the PS3 exclusives?

Jovavic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2012, 11:55 AM
Orpheus
Valar Morgulis

Quote:
Originally Posted by FunkyColdHrdina View Post
How does waiting for the next Xbox help him with playing the PS3 exclusives?
Agree, and telling him to wait for the next consoles is kind of disingenuous because there will be a massive price difference between current consoles and next gen, and not everyone wants to risk their money on hardware that'll likely crap out. (See: PS2, Ps3, Xbox 360 and the many other systems that early adopters sometimes get burned on). And I say that as someone buying a Ps4 at launch.

Old
12-15-2012, 12:11 PM
RStar*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orpheus View Post
Agree, and telling him to wait for the next consoles is kind of disingenuous because there will be a massive price difference between current consoles and next gen, and not everyone wants to risk their money on hardware that'll likely crap out. (See: PS2, Ps3, Xbox 360 and the many other systems that early adopters sometimes get burned on). And I say that as someone buying a Ps4 at launch.
I'll probably buy both at launch. I'm such a sucker.

I absolutely hated the Wii other than Xenoblade (couldn't even get into the Zelda games much), and I almost bought a WiiU already.

I went online multiple times looking at the WiiU's game list thinking "but there's nothing I'll play outside of screwing around with Mario for a bit." and even then I've almost bought one.

It's ridiculous really. I can't help myself.

RStar* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2012, 12:15 PM
Orpheus
Valar Morgulis

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnbannedRStar View Post
I'll probably buy both at launch. I'm such a sucker.

I absolutely hated the Wii other than Xenoblade (couldn't even get into the Zelda games much), and I almost bought a WiiU already.

I went online multiple times looking at the WiiU's game list thinking "but there's nothing I'll play outside of screwing around with Mario for a bit." and even then I've almost bought one.

It's ridiculous really. I can't help myself.
It's okay, I know how you feel!

I went out for 2 weeks looking for a Ps3 at launch (silly me not reserving one) and I almost gave up multiple times and got a 360. Then we went to one last store, and they finally had the Ps3, and I went and dropped 600 bucks on that sucker (in retrospect: ouch to my wallet, but still worth it) and also bought NHL 2k whatever was current at the time.

Your reasoning is similar to mine as to why I haven't picked up a Wii U yet.

Old
12-15-2012, 01:43 PM
RStar*

Quote:
It's okay, I know how you feel!

I went out for 2 weeks looking for a Ps3 at launch (silly me not reserving one) and I almost gave up multiple times and got a 360. Then we went to one last store, and they finally had the Ps3, and I went and dropped 600 bucks on that sucker (in retrospect: ouch to my wallet, but still worth it) and also bought NHL 2k whatever was current at the time.

Your reasoning is similar to mine as to why I haven't picked up a Wii U yet.
My only thing about buying one is that I know I'll get it sooner or later so I may as well just give in and get it at some point.

As soon as there's some system exclusive RPG I'll get one for sure, so if I get it now it doesn't really change anything.

Old
12-15-2012, 04:44 PM
Orpheus
Valar Morgulis

Quote:
My only thing about buying one is that I know I'll get it sooner or later so I may as well just give in and get it at some point.

As soon as there's some system exclusive RPG I'll get one for sure, so if I get it now it doesn't really change anything.
I'll buy a Wii U for sure, probably when a Metroid or Zelda hits..I'm a sucker for those franchises.

PS4 will probably be launch day or close to it.

You couldn't even pay me to take a 720.

Old
12-15-2012, 05:16 PM
RStar*

Quote:
I'll buy a Wii U for sure, probably when a Metroid or Zelda hits..I'm a sucker for those franchises.

PS4 will probably be launch day or close to it.

You couldn't even pay me to take a 720.
To each his own. The next xbox is easily my most anticipated console.

More than anything I'm just wanting the next gen to come out so PC games can move forward as well.

Old
12-15-2012, 05:18 PM
Orpheus
Valar Morgulis

Quote:
To each his own. The next xbox is easily my most anticipated console.

More than anything I'm just wanting the next gen to come out so PC games can move forward as well.
It's not anything against the console itself (though I am skeptical after the reports coming out that Microsoft is having issues with chip stability) it's that I just have a large dislike of Microsoft. That and having a device with Kinect AND Windows 8 shoehorned in is just massively not something I want.

Old
12-15-2012, 05:27 PM
RStar*

Quote:
It's not anything against the console itself (though I am skeptical after the reports coming out that Microsoft is having issues with chip stability) it's that I just have a large dislike of Microsoft. That and having a device with Kinect AND Windows 8 shoehorned in is just massively not something I want.
The PS4 will have motion controls as well. Everything will and none of us will use it. I have both the Kinect and Move and both were letdowns. I still occasionally play bowling on Kinect, or if I have friends over and we're really drunk I pop in some Price is Right.

Having a form of Windows 8 will just make it easier to program for. I don't think even the most avid 360 or microsoft hater could argue that the 360 easily has the most user friendly interface in the industry.

Old
12-22-2012, 12:48 AM
Oscar Acosta
Bat Country

vCash: 738
OK, I am a big PS fan, my Xbox is cool.

But the new Playstation store is unbearable. I just spent 15 minutes trying to find the rest of the episodes to the Walking Dead game that I bought way back in the day. I'm still lost as to finding it. Even if I search it only gives me the Demo.

Literally at a loss on how to download episode 2 and on.

Oscar Acosta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2012, 03:25 PM
vsk92
Alltid IFK

Anyone play Skylanders: Giants? if so is it worth buying?

vsk92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2012, 08:12 PM
Jussi
I am siege face

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsk92 View Post
Anyone play Skylanders: Giants? if so is it worth buying?
I think you're a little too old to be playing Skylanders...

Old
12-22-2012, 08:46 PM
vsk92
Alltid IFK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jussi View Post
I think you're a little too old to be playing Skylanders...
It won't be for me sadly

vsk92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2012, 06:01 AM
Jussi
I am siege face

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsk92 View Post
It won't be for me sadly
Sorry, no one's buying that.

Old
12-26-2012, 08:48 PM
Raider917

vCash: 179
which one is better? i hear that you can play online for free and watch blu-rays with the ps3 but not with the xbox. is this true and is it a big advantage?

Raider917 is offline   Reply With Quote