HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

La - fla

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
12-14-2012, 11:52 AM
  #26
etherialone
dialed in your mom
 
etherialone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: The Ether
Country: United Nations
Posts: 12,990
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingCanadain1976 View Post
I disagree the only reason hes not in the nhl is drew slava and alec are better options as our 3 offensive defenseman. As i pointed out before he was the last person cut at the last couple of training camps. Does that mean hes not a nhl defenseman no all it means is he wasnt good enuff to make the kings. I am still willing to bet if there a season this year he would get a shot. I would also bet with alec injuryed right now he would have been called up to replace him. Last year the kings enjoyed realtively a healthy season by all defenseman something that can change at any moment. I will agree that maybe he isn't going to be a lifetime king but nor should we give him away for next to nothing A second is a fair value for a defenseman with his upside.

As for ur thining out of propects i can see moving some of the defenseman since he have alot of ready ones but the chance of injury forces me to say be careful on how many you move. I also disagree with your mid level propects evaluation i feel we have alot of nhl players in our mist and our system is amoungest the best in the league. We shouldnt just trade them to trade them. we need to keep getting peices to replace others as needed. I favour leaving a roster spot or two for rookies to prove they can play in the nhl so then you can max out there value in trades so this "bust" situation doesnt occur again.
Well said and I agree.

etherialone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2012, 05:17 PM
  #27
Rod Buskas*
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,719
vCash: 500
I'm still somewhat on the Keaton Ellerby wagon. Ellerby for Muzzin ?

Rod Buskas* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2012, 06:18 PM
  #28
etherialone
dialed in your mom
 
etherialone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: The Ether
Country: United Nations
Posts: 12,990
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rod Buskas View Post
I'm still somewhat on the Keaton Ellerby wagon. Ellerby for Muzzin ?
We really don't have any need for anything other than prospects who have the potential to develop into top 6 wingers.

We are loaded down the middle and overloaded with character types as well as Dmen (Forbort Deslauriers, Muzzin Hickey Gravel Bodnarchuk the list goes on and on).

We have a couple of kids who could become top6 wings but only two who are arguably pretty sure things. If we were to move Muzzin or any of the others which we would consider doing for certain (I would imagine) it would have to either be an offer we couldn't refuse or to upgrade our one real area of need.

etherialone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2012, 09:23 PM
  #29
KingCanadain1976
Registered User
 
KingCanadain1976's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Thunder Bay Ont. Can
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,035
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonellisghost View Post
We really don't have any need for anything other than prospects who have the potential to develop into top 6 wingers.

We are loaded down the middle and overloaded with character types as well as Dmen (Forbort Deslauriers, Muzzin Hickey Gravel Bodnarchuk the list goes on and on).

We have a couple of kids who could become top6 wings but only two who are arguably pretty sure things. If we were to move Muzzin or any of the others which we would consider doing for certain (I would imagine) it would have to either be an offer we couldn't refuse or to upgrade our one real area of need.
Tg im wondering your opinion on Tanner Pearson and Nikolay Prokhorkin will they be ready by next year to move up ? are they top six nhl players? would we be better to try and find rw with only toffoli there ? or is there others that can be top 6 ? I ask because i respect your opinion on our young players as your track record is pretty good ( i think u called simmonds clifford alec Scheen and slava as quality players before they arrived) not sure with king and nolon thou

KingCanadain1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2012, 10:43 PM
  #30
etherialone
dialed in your mom
 
etherialone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: The Ether
Country: United Nations
Posts: 12,990
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingCanadain1976 View Post
Tg im wondering your opinion on Tanner Pearson and Nikolay Prokhorkin will they be ready by next year to move up ? are they top six nhl players? would we be better to try and find rw with only toffoli there ? or is there others that can be top 6 ? I ask because i respect your opinion on our young players as your track record is pretty good ( i think u called simmonds clifford alec Scheen and slava as quality players before they arrived) not sure with king and nolon thou
I had Nolan and King too though I stand by my opinion that King will be a utility wing who's top upside will be in the 15 to 20 goal range and not a second line player. Time will tell if I undervalued him.

Thanks for the ups. I see Pearson as a potential second line talent but I don't know if it will be with the Kings. I have seen him attempt to be a winger for awhile and he is just better suited to play center. I know that isn't listed as his natural position but in Bantam he played allot of center and was really well suited to that position. He is lighting it up in the AHL as a rookie right now so he could prove me wrong but I still see him topping out as a second liner at best and while I love his character he is one of many King kids with a ton of it and I am not certain if we will need it when it is his turn to come up.

I see him as being two full seasons away from NHL action (this and next in the AHL with a couple of cups of tea with the big club or injury call ups and he should be good).

Porkins is another story. While I would liken his skillset and ability as being similar to Pearson I think that he is more capable of playing on our second or third line and be very effective at on either one. While I still think that he will take another two full seasons of development before we know whether I am right or not I am pretty confident that he will end up as an NHLer and likely even with the Kings.

Vey is a dead solid NHL caliber prospect who plays fairly well in his own end and is a solid point producer in the ozone. He is going to be ready to start seeing spot duty with the Kings as soon as next season and might be able to establish himself with the team the following one.

He is a top 6er with 1st line C potential and while I see him being more of a 1b/2a option kind of talent he has the speed, hands vision and flat out detrmination that should see him make the NHL. Not going to be a star but will always be good enough to make it and hang on.

The player that gets overlooked allot by everyone including most Kings fans and I see as being our top LW prospect is Max Kitsyn. i will be watching MK play in person in a few weeks it looks like and I have seen him play a ton throughout his time in Russia and Jr's and now back in Russia and he has solid size, very good speed (not game breaking but then not far from it) and really good hands. He finds a way to get open and can dominate when he is on.

Consistency would be my only knock but it isn't from lack of desire or heart like can happen with some EU prospects but he can compete at a high enough level that when he isn't producing he looks off even though he is solid in every zone and an excellent D forward when needs be. He is one of those kids who is next to impossible to knock off the puck and always seems to end up with the puck on his stick.

I see him as being a 2nd line LW in the NHL but it will take another season before we find out if he is going to get his shot in NA. I think he will play in the AHL for a season after that as well before making the jump but of all of our LW prospects he is our best shot at having a good one arrive and do well to fill a need.

I think that we will see Shore move to RW and DBrown end up back on RW along with TylerT once we find a couple of exceptional LW's to fill the spots. I like DB on LW but he is playing out of position and we haven't seen what he will do during a full season. If it works I might be more inclined to consider RW's but then we also have Kozun ready and waiting for his shot with the club. I think that he is going to turn allot of heads and become a solid 3rd line RW who can play spot duty on the 2nd if needed from time to time as well.

Sorry, I know I am all over the place on this but to answer your question(s) I think that Pearson and Porkins have NHL caliber skillsets and the ability to make the jump to the NHL, where they will fit is still somewhat in question but I see them both as second/third line options providing something significant doesn't change.

Hope that helps.

etherialone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2012, 11:44 PM
  #31
KingCanadain1976
Registered User
 
KingCanadain1976's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Thunder Bay Ont. Can
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,035
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonellisghost View Post
I had Nolan and King too though I stand by my opinion that King will be a utility wing who's top upside will be in the 15 to 20 goal range and not a second line player. Time will tell if I undervalued him.

Thanks for the ups. I see Pearson as a potential second line talent but I don't know if it will be with the Kings. I have seen him attempt to be a winger for awhile and he is just better suited to play center. I know that isn't listed as his natural position but in Bantam he played allot of center and was really well suited to that position. He is lighting it up in the AHL as a rookie right now so he could prove me wrong but I still see him topping out as a second liner at best and while I love his character he is one of many King kids with a ton of it and I am not certain if we will need it when it is his turn to come up.

I see him as being two full seasons away from NHL action (this and next in the AHL with a couple of cups of tea with the big club or injury call ups and he should be good).

Porkins is another story. While I would liken his skillset and ability as being similar to Pearson I think that he is more capable of playing on our second or third line and be very effective at on either one. While I still think that he will take another two full seasons of development before we know whether I am right or not I am pretty confident that he will end up as an NHLer and likely even with the Kings.

Vey is a dead solid NHL caliber prospect who plays fairly well in his own end and is a solid point producer in the ozone. He is going to be ready to start seeing spot duty with the Kings as soon as next season and might be able to establish himself with the team the following one.

He is a top 6er with 1st line C potential and while I see him being more of a 1b/2a option kind of talent he has the speed, hands vision and flat out detrmination that should see him make the NHL. Not going to be a star but will always be good enough to make it and hang on.

The player that gets overlooked allot by everyone including most Kings fans and I see as being our top LW prospect is Max Kitsyn. i will be watching MK play in person in a few weeks it looks like and I have seen him play a ton throughout his time in Russia and Jr's and now back in Russia and he has solid size, very good speed (not game breaking but then not far from it) and really good hands. He finds a way to get open and can dominate when he is on.

Consistency would be my only knock but it isn't from lack of desire or heart like can happen with some EU prospects but he can compete at a high enough level that when he isn't producing he looks off even though he is solid in every zone and an excellent D forward when needs be. He is one of those kids who is next to impossible to knock off the puck and always seems to end up with the puck on his stick.

I see him as being a 2nd line LW in the NHL but it will take another season before we find out if he is going to get his shot in NA. I think he will play in the AHL for a season after that as well before making the jump but of all of our LW prospects he is our best shot at having a good one arrive and do well to fill a need.

I think that we will see Shore move to RW and DBrown end up back on RW along with TylerT once we find a couple of exceptional LW's to fill the spots. I like DB on LW but he is playing out of position and we haven't seen what he will do during a full season. If it works I might be more inclined to consider RW's but then we also have Kozun ready and waiting for his shot with the club. I think that he is going to turn allot of heads and become a solid 3rd line RW who can play spot duty on the 2nd if needed from time to time as well.

Sorry, I know I am all over the place on this but to answer your question(s) I think that Pearson and Porkins have NHL caliber skillsets and the ability to make the jump to the NHL, where they will fit is still somewhat in question but I see them both as second/third line options providing something significant doesn't change.

Hope that helps.
Again anytime you are the man to goto in my mind for prospect info. I think other in this thread should realize that the kings are very fortunate to have a soild person like you to base opinion on regaurding our younger players.

Now what im getting from what i read is the kings will have to either resign penner or gagne or look outside of the organization to fill the 2nd line lw spot because porkins pearson or kitysin are still a year away. I agree most kings fans myself included tend to forget about other leagues when it comes to our propects. When discussing propects in russia it still makes me think they are stuck there for some reason ( i guess i have a old time memory where it makes me think its hard to get them to n/a )

Now with Kozun do you see him actually playing with the kings due to his lack of size i dont see sutter playing him. I do agree hes got potential and would be a offensive upgrade on lewis i feel hes to small to play in the nhl or at least with the kings.

I was unaware of your affection for vey so thank you i ll now keep more of a eye on him. From what your saying he would be challenging Lotki for top center prospect but with our depth there he would be best playing rw.

I do agree with you on brown but with the lack of top line lws i think we re forced to play him there. Also if we move him to rw williams or carter would have to drop a line which would be a waste of good offensive talent.

KingCanadain1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:50 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.