HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > International Tournaments
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
International Tournaments Discuss international tournaments such as the World Juniors, Olympic hockey, and Ice Hockey World Championships, as they take place; or discuss past tournaments.

Roster Talk '13 — Russia

Old
12-14-2012, 07:32 PM
Fulcrum

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkaholic View Post
When is the final Russian team going to be announced?
I think it'll either be on the 20th (when they fly out to UFA) or after the 23rd (after they play exhibition with Swiss team).

But there hasn't been a date announced as far as I know. What I do know is that the core is there and they are practicing specific roles already, maybe the idea is that if anyone is injured between now and the start another player can easily jump in.

Fulcrum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2012, 09:00 PM
EvoLu7ioN

I've said it before and I'll say it again. Nichushkin will be the best player on this team if he makes it. This will be his coming out party.

EvoLu7ioN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2012, 09:46 PM
bigbadbruins7

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvoLu7ioN View Post
I've said it before and I'll say it again. Nichushkin will be the best player on this team if he makes it. This will be his coming out party.
idk about that. with guys like yakupov and grigorenko i just dont see that being the case

bigbadbruins7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2012, 10:45 PM
Ryker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fulcrum View Post
Very likely, solid KHL player.
Thanks! Do you know where I could get a solid picture of him on the ice to get one of those nice WJC avatars? I namely can't find any good ones that aren't watermarked.

Ryker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2012, 10:50 PM
malkinfan

Send a message via MSN to malkinfan
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvoLu7ioN View Post
I just dont see him getting on one of the top lines.. Think Kuznetsov when he was 17 at the tournament. He was no big deal until the following tournament when he was given more responsibility.. I liked Yakimovs game better the past few viewings, as a youngster I think he might be a step ahead of Nicushkin right now.

malkinfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2012, 12:12 AM
sbrug

So right now would Zadorov be make it?

sbrug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2012, 01:16 AM
Atas2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrister39 View Post
So right now would Zadorov be make it?
He should be a lock.

Atas2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2012, 01:34 AM
Atas2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryker View Post
Thanks! Do you know where I could get a solid picture of him on the ice to get one of those nice WJC avatars? I namely can't find any good ones that aren't watermarked.
http://www.dynamo.ru/upload/iblock/ebb/E82Q0060.jpg
http://www.dynamo.ru/upload/iblock/e52/E82Q0221.jpg
http://www.dynamo.ru/upload/iblock/1c3/E82Q0227.jpg
http://www.dynamo.ru/upload/iblock/3ce/HJ0G4741.jpg

Atas2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2012, 02:13 AM
CNS
A World Alone

vCash: 672
Why no Nikolai Prokhorkin?

CNS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2012, 02:37 AM
Ryker

Thanks a lot, man!

Ryker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2012, 02:56 AM
Fulcrum

Quote:
Originally Posted by cnshockey View Post
Why no Nikolai Prokhorkin?
because he is not good enough (?)

Going to NA (while under KHL contract) screwed him as he didn't get regular hockey. He would've been a 3rd/4th line center at best anyway.

Old
12-15-2012, 03:39 AM
CNS
A World Alone

vCash: 672
Quote:
because he is not good enough (?)

Going to NA (while under KHL contract) screwed him as he didn't get regular hockey. He would've been a 3rd/4th line center at best anyway.
YOU TAKE THAT BACK!

I love Porkins. And I wouldn't say it screwed him over at all. He looked pretty damn good despite his point totals in Manchester. What screwed him over was being stuck in limbo while waiting for the KHL/NHL debate over his contract was going on.

But back to the WJC team, do you really think he'd be used like that in such a low role? And he played wing in his time in Manchester as well as listed as a winger everywhere so I'm not sure he'd be playing center if he was on the team.

CNS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2012, 05:00 AM
Zine

Quote:
YOU TAKE THAT BACK!

I love Porkins. And I wouldn't say it screwed him over at all. He looked pretty damn good despite his point totals in Manchester. What screwed him over was being stuck in limbo while waiting for the KHL/NHL debate over his contract was going on.

But back to the WJC team, do you really think he'd be used like that in such a low role? And he played wing in his time in Manchester as well as listed as a winger everywhere so I'm not sure he'd be playing center if he was on the team.
Prokhorkin was never a national team regular even before he left to play in NA.

Saying that, he was used on the 3rd line in August's Canada/Russia summit series (Slepyshev-Prokhorkin-Kapustin).....I was impressed with his physical game, but he didn't do much skill wise.

Zine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2012, 05:28 AM
Fulcrum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zine View Post
Prokhorkin was never a national team regular even before he left to play in NA.

Saying that, he was used on the 3rd line in August's Canada/Russia summit series (Slepyshev-Prokhorkin-Kapustin).....I was impressed with his physical game, but he didn't do much skill wise.
On top of that, Prokhorkin was on 3rd line without Khokhlachev being on the team. Now that Tkachyov recommended himself really well, I think 4th line at best for Prokhorkin.

I thought the same, good physically and average skill wise.

Old
12-15-2012, 05:30 AM
Fulcrum

Quote:
YOU TAKE THAT BACK!

Like I said

"Going to NA (while under KHL contract) screwed him"

And yes, I'm not even sure he would make the team, certainly not top 2 center roles or wingers consider the talent of top 6

Old
12-15-2012, 05:31 AM
Fulcrum

I'm a bit worried about the teams PP. It was atrocious during SSS and now in the exhibition game against Dinamo (lost 4-2). PP is so important, they have to get something out of it. It could cost them medals if they don't figure it out. I hope Varnakov addresses it.

Old
12-15-2012, 12:11 PM
Nash

Quote:
I'm a bit worried about the teams PP. It was atrocious during SSS and now in the exhibition game against Dinamo (lost 4-2). PP is so important, they have to get something out of it. It could cost them medals if they don't figure it out. I hope Varnakov addresses it.
Yakupov's passing in the SSS was sublime. Very underrated part of his game, but his deft saucers and hard crisp passes in those power plays were very good. You would think with Grigerenko out there that he would be dishing one timers out all game. All those two should need is one more hard point shot and some net presence to succeed. You are right though that special teams are crucial in this tournament. Extremely difficult to win if they aren't going.

Nash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2012, 12:18 PM
Bibeen

Who's going to be the offensive defenseman on this team?

Bibeen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2012, 12:24 PM
bigbadbruins7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nash View Post
Yakupov's passing in the SSS was sublime. Very underrated part of his game, but his deft saucers and hard crisp passes in those power plays were very good. You would think with Grigerenko out there that he would be dishing one timers out all game. All those two should need is one more hard point shot and some net presence to succeed. You are right though that special teams are crucial in this tournament. Extremely difficult to win if they aren't going.
i agree that passing is a very underrated part of his game. last year at the WJC he had 9 or 10 points(too lazy to look up) and i know that all of them were assists

bigbadbruins7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2012, 12:31 PM
BillyShoe1721
Terriers

vCash: 10000
Send a message via AIM to BillyShoe1721
Any indication who will be the starting goalie? Vasilevsky has very good numbers in the MHL, and Makarov has put Saskatoon on his back this season. His GAA isn't great, but his save percentage is near the top in the WHL. Would they switch off in the preliminary tournaments, and whoever plays better will get the nod to start the important games?

BillyShoe1721 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2012, 01:04 PM
tsujimoto74

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyShoe1721 View Post
Any indication who will be the starting goalie? Vasilevsky has very good numbers in the MHL, and Makarov has put Saskatoon on his back this season. His GAA isn't great, but his save percentage is near the top in the WHL. Would they switch off in the preliminary tournaments, and whoever plays better will get the nod to start the important games?
Based on what Russia's done in prior tourneys, I think the starting spot is Vasilevsky's to lose.

tsujimoto74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2012, 02:28 PM
rsg87

I hope Makarov gets some time, he is an exciting prospect for the Sabres given our lack of goalie depth. Would also love to see Yakupov and Grigorenko get some power play time together to see what they can do.

rsg87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2012, 02:31 PM
nabby12

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsujimoto74 View Post
Based on what Russia's done in prior tourneys, I think the starting spot is Vasilevsky's to lose.
Based on what Makarov has told me it appears for the time being that they will split starts in goal.

The medal round will go to whoever's hot in net.

nabby12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2012, 06:14 PM
malkinfan

Send a message via MSN to malkinfan
I have more trust in Makarov. Plus he has been hot lately. His past 2 games were back to back shutouts. Not knocking Vas, just Makarov has been a rock every time he has pulled that Russian jersey over his head in recent times.

malkinfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2012, 06:20 PM
Snippit

Hey guys, would like some quick help here.

Who are the best offensive players on this team, aside from Yakupov and Grigorenko?

Thanks.

Snippit is offline   Reply With Quote