HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

General WJC Talk Thread - "Hoto doesn't like Editions" Edition

Old
12-14-2012, 03:27 PM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!

vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Watsatheo View Post
7 points in a lockout KHL as a 19 year old is pretty good IMO.
Is it better than staying in the CHL and dominating for another year? Who really knows. And that's not even mentioning the notion that he'll never come back over. I'd be a little bit questioning of it if I were a B's fan.

hototogisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2012, 03:45 PM
Et le But

Quote:
Originally Posted by zzoo View Post
Bergeron, Seguin, Hamilton, Griffith and Subban scare me already ...
Do they have anyone good in AHL now ?
Spooner is looking good I think.

Not sure I'd put Bergeron in that category though, he's older the Krejci and Lucic and will be on the decline by the time the rest of that group peaks.

Et le But is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2012, 06:02 PM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by hototogisu View Post
Is it better than staying in the CHL and dominating for another year? Who really knows. And that's not even mentioning the notion that he'll never come back over. I'd be a little bit questioning of it if I were a B's fan.
I wish he stays there but from interviews I've read he seems to want to play in the NHL. The Bruins signed him before loaning him to the KHL. He just favours KHL over junior hockey.

Watsatheo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2012, 06:47 PM
ficohok*
Mrzim Kanadu !

Quote:
You should take into account that he is playing on one of the lowest scoring KHL teams and the best scorer on Spartak team has only 14 points...

ficohok* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2012, 06:47 PM
ficohok*
Mrzim Kanadu !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watsatheo View Post
I wish he stays there but from interviews I've read he seems to want to play in the NHL. The Bruins signed him before loaning him to the KHL. He just favours KHL over junior hockey.
His father is also involved with team, assitant coach or smth like that, can't remember.

ficohok* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2012, 08:09 PM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

Quote:
Nice article about Hudon:
http://www.journaldemontreal.com/201...ott-pour-hudon

Spott a également raconté une anecdote savoureuse au sujet d’Hudon.

«Mon neveu, Stephen Weiss, des Panthers de la Floride, m’avait parlé *d’Hudon cet été, a-t-il rappelé. Je voulais connaître son opinion sur certains de nos joueurs lors de notre *série de quatre matchs contre la Russie au mois d’août.»

« Stephen avait regardé les matchs à la télévision et je me souviens de lui avoir demandé une question toute simple. Quel joueur a le plus ressorti du lot? Sans le connaître, Stephen m’avait répondu Hudon. Il aimait son sa vision, son esprit compétitif, son désir de bloquer des tirs et ses habiletés offensives. »

Stephen watched the games on tv and I remember him asking me a simple question. Which player most resembles you (I assume lot was meant as toi?) Without knowing, Stephen said Hudon. He likes his vision, his competitive spirit, his desire to block shots and his offensive habits.

Terrible translation, but I'm trying to keep my French somewhat sharp.

Quote:
Originally Posted by poetryinmotion View Post
Can we draw parallels between Hudon and Brad Marchand? Or am I completely out to lunch here.
I haven't seen Hudon indulge in being a cheapshot artist pansy.

Quote:
May I have a question: Is WJC played on international rink size or NHL size ?
International since it's in Ufa, Russia.

Analyzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2012, 11:38 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Bergeron, Seguin, Hamilton, Griffith and Subban scare me already ...
Do they have anyone good in AHL now ?
I'd bet a whole lot that Griffith will never be a NHL'er. AHL bound at best.

Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2012, 11:57 AM
Roulin

Hudon practicing on a line with Jenner and Rattie.

Roulin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2012, 02:26 PM
Playmaker09
Valar Morghulis

Quote:
Kind of out to lunch, IMO (the comparison, not you ). Hudon is nowhere near the pest and isn't remotely as gritty as Marchand is. Hudon plays much more of a finesse game.
Hudon is Plekanec without the lower body strength and straight line speed (which kind of go hand-in-hand). If he can get stronger like DD/Pleks, he'll have a fine NHL career.

Playmaker09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2012, 05:09 PM
Habitants

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playmaker09 View Post
Hudon is Plekanec without the lower body strength and straight line speed (which kind of go hand-in-hand). If he can get stronger like DD/Pleks, he'll have a fine NHL career.
if Hudon can be anywhere near as good as those two it would be great. not sure he will measure up to pleks, who is imo always underrated.

Habitants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2012, 05:19 PM
le_sean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playmaker09 View Post
Hudon is Plekanec without the lower body strength and straight line speed (which kind of go hand-in-hand).
So then he's not like Plekanec at all...

le_sean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2012, 05:53 PM
Et le But

Quote:
Originally Posted by le_sean View Post
So then he's not like Plekanec at all...
He does have a bit of Plekanec-esque stickwork. One reason he's already above average for his age defensively despite his lack of speed and strength. If he can get as good at pissing off the opposition with his stick as Pleky does, I'd be happy.

Old
12-15-2012, 05:56 PM
poetryinmotion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Analyzer View Post
I haven't seen Hudon indulge in being a cheapshot artist pansy.
I didn't mean it that way but well played, sir.

poetryinmotion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2012, 05:59 PM
HankyZetts
Twi2ted

Hudon is prertty much nothing like Plekanec, in my opinion. He has some similarities with Desharnais, but he is a very unique player. For a little guy, he hits a lot more than you'd expect, and is ridiculously strong on his skates because of how he anchors himself(Cammy). I'm constantly surprised at how many, seemingly impossible, puck battles he wins. He's seriously a hockey genius(lol), and is as good defensively as he is offensively. He's the kind of guy that makes you press "rewind" at least a few times a period just to see "how he did that". His misdirection and anticipation on offense and defense is Datsyuk-esque, and that's coming from literally one of the biggest Datsyuk fans. These WJCs will be a big test for him. I'm eager to see how he will perform against such tough competition.

Edit: Another thing I notice about him is how extremely efficient he looks on the ice. I've seen him go more than half his shift while barely taking a stride, yet always being in position. Pretty impressive.

HankyZetts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2012, 06:03 PM
poetryinmotion

Quote:
Originally Posted by HankyZetts View Post
Hudon is prertty much nothing like Plekanec, in my opinion. He has some similarities with Desharnais, but he is a very unique player. For a little guy, he hits a lot more than you'd expect, and is ridiculously strong on his skates because of how he anchors himself(Cammy). I'm constantly surprised at how many, seemingly impossible, puck battles he wins. He's seriously a hockey genius(lol), and is as good defensively as he is offensively. He's the kind of guy that makes you press "rewind" at least a few times a period just to see "how he did that". His misdirection and anticipation on offense and defense is Datsyuk-esque, and that's coming from literally one of the biggest Datsyuk fans. These WJCs will be a big test for him. I'm eager to see how he will perform against such tough competition.
Okay... now I'm excited! One last question, how does he compare to Kristo at the same age? I know, different leagues and everything, but would you say he is better skill wise?

poetryinmotion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2012, 06:06 PM
Et le But

So he's a cross between Plekanec, Desharnais, Cammalleri and Datsyuk.

No pressure kid.

Old
12-15-2012, 06:15 PM
overlords
Global Moderator
Jack Arse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Et le But View Post

No pressure kid.
TBH I think he's got some Optimus Prime in there as well...

"overlords is one of my favorite people on this entire site." - Hfboards
overlords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2012, 06:25 PM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by CroHabitant View Post
You should take into account that he is playing on one of the lowest scoring KHL teams and the best scorer on Spartak team has only 14 points...
If you think the purpose of my post is to say "LOL Khokhlachev sucks" you really need to read it again.

I'm asking if it's better for his development that he's putting up the lowest number of points on the lowest scoring team in the KHL, as opposed to staying in the OHL and dominating there.

People will argue that it must be, since he's playing against men, yet compare his situation to Collberg, who was getting little ice-time and putting up no points playing against men...and people (myself included) were thrilled to see him get sent down a league.

hototogisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2012, 11:44 AM
HankyZetts
Twi2ted

Quote:
Originally Posted by poetryinmotion View Post
Okay... now I'm excited! One last question, how does he compare to Kristo at the same age? I know, different leagues and everything, but would you say he is better skill wise?
Tough to say who is more skilled, but Kristo is more explosive while Hudon is more cerebral.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Et le But View Post

No pressure kid.
Hahaha, true! Everything is relative though, right? He's got a ways to go before becoming any of those players, obviously.

Old
12-16-2012, 05:57 PM
dackelljuneaubulis02

Quote:
Originally Posted by HankyZetts View Post

Edit: Another thing I notice about him is how extremely efficient he looks on the ice. I've seen him go more than half his shift while barely taking a stride, yet always being in position. Pretty impressive.
Love your optimism but I don't think you're that off base. Hudon has way better hands than Pleks. If he really works on his explosiveness then he's going to be a tremendous player. As great as Gallagher is, I think Hudon will be the bigger 5th round steal.

dackelljuneaubulis02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2012, 11:43 PM
DekeLikeYouMeanIt
Ohhhh you mad

My biggest concern is that Galchenyuk's knee is targeted in one of the games. Luckily Wilson is not there as I think he's mad enough to do it on his 1st shift.

DekeLikeYouMeanIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2012, 10:27 AM
Et le But

Quote:
Originally Posted by DekeLikeYouMeanIt View Post
My biggest concern is that Galchenyuk's knee is targeted in one of the games. Luckily Wilson is not there as I think he's mad enough to do it on his 1st shift.
It's a good thing Gally plays on the same team and not against Matteau.

Old
12-17-2012, 04:37 PM
bruinsfan46

Quote:
If you think the purpose of my post is to say "LOL Khokhlachev sucks" you really need to read it again.

I'm asking if it's better for his development that he's putting up the lowest number of points on the lowest scoring team in the KHL, as opposed to staying in the OHL and dominating there.

People will argue that it must be, since he's playing against men, yet compare his situation to Collberg, who was getting little ice-time and putting up no points playing against men...and people (myself included) were thrilled to see him get sent down a league.
Personally I wanted Khokhlachev back in Windsor this year. The KHL is such a different style of hockey I would have preferred him staying in North America and being a dominant junior. He has got a lot better since coming back from the Subway Series with a renewed confidence, five points in seven games after two points in 19 games before. As long as he continues to get consistent ice time (which he should, his father is the GM) and doesn't let the fact he's not gonna put up huge numbers playing on a terrible offensive team in a very low scoring league get his confidence down I'm fine with a year of the KHL and he should learn a thing or to from that level of play. He also shows no intentions of sticking in Russia as he's already signed an NHL contract and I'm pretty sure would have played in the AHL if he could this year (only went to Russia because he felt he was done with the OHL).

bruinsfan46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2012, 10:22 AM
Marc the Habs Fan

vCash: 597
Collberg lining up with Elias Lindholm and Emil Molin on Sweden's 2nd line in practice.

Collberg with Lindholm should be very productive.

Marc the Habs Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2012, 10:25 AM
HankyZetts
Twi2ted

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan View Post
Collberg lining up with Elias Lindholm and Emil Molin on Sweden's 2nd line in practice.

Collberg with Lindholm should be very productive.
Nice, can't wait until Thursday.