HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Price to Toronto

Old
12-15-2012, 08:58 AM
habsfanatics

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drydenwasthebest View Post
Actually, palindrom is the one offering Price, NOT the Habs or any other Habs fan. Getting Price out of Montreal would be as costly as getting Lundqvist out of New York. That means it would require such a masive overpayment that no team would do it, or it would mean the firing of the GM who made the overpayment.

I doubt Burke offers:

Rielly, Gardiner, JVR, and a 2013 1st for Price.

I also doubt Montreal would take THAT deal. Anything less would be laughed at by Montreal. Anything more would be refused by Toronto. It is a non-sterter deal. Some guys just can not be traded to a rival in a manner that makes the trade work for both teams.
If my Habs wouldn't accept this then they management should be let go immediately.

habsfanatics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2012, 10:15 AM
Liferleafer
Golf....again....

Quote:
Originally Posted by habsfanatics View Post
If my Habs wouldn't accept this then they management should be let go immediately.
If the Leafs offered it, the bolded would also apply. In reality this trade could never happen.

Liferleafer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2012, 11:06 AM
Shawnathon

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMLFan7 View Post
This is for Price, Galcheynuk and Subban right?
Yeah right. I wouldn't trade Price for Kessel straight up. There would have to be a big plus. And Reilly is so overrated on this board. Leaf fans really ate up Burke's words when he said he would have picked Reilly first overall.

Shawnathon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2012, 11:34 AM
Inverted

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawnathon View Post
Yeah right. I wouldn't trade Price for Kessel straight up. There would have to be a big plus. And Reilly is so overrated on this board. Leaf fans really ate up Burke's words when he said he would have picked Reilly first overall.
The Leafs wouldn't trade Kessel for Price to begin with, he already cost us 2 first round picks and a 2nd one of which turned out to be Seguin. Toronto should have no interest in Price because getting him will mean patch one hole and open up another. If Reilly is so overrated on here by Leaf fans and so is Galcheynuk by Hab fans.

Inverted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2012, 11:36 AM
Backlund

vCash: 50
The Habs GM would have to be absolutely retarded to trade Price to Toronto.

Backlund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2012, 11:40 AM
stlblues9

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawnathon View Post
If anyone is overrated on these boards, its Price and Subban.

stlblues9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2012, 11:48 AM
bud12

Quote:

yeah................ehhhhhhhhh no! In Toronto land, Reimer > Price

bud12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2012, 12:12 PM
Hennig
It was 4-1.

vCash: 1684
Quote:
This.

And especially Galchenyuk.

The difference between Reimer and Price is not Kessel and Rielly. That's hilarious if habs fans think that's anywhere close to fair value. I probably wouldn't do Kessel for Price straight up.

Hennig is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2012, 12:46 PM
Takashi

Quote:
Originally Posted by H0MER View Post
The Leafs wouldn't trade Kessel for Price to begin with, he already cost us 2 first round picks and a 2nd one of which turned out to be Seguin. Toronto should have no interest in Price because getting him will mean patch one hole and open up another. If Reilly is so overrated on here by Leaf fans and so is Galcheynuk by Hab fans.
How is Galchenyuk overrated when he's 4th in CHL in scoring, and the three in front of him are older than him, he has the weakest team between them, he played less games than two of them, he plays in a tougher league than two of them, he is 3rd in the OHL in goals, and he does all that while having lost a whole year of development.

Takashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2012, 01:59 PM
capebretoncanadien

Our goaltending would be bush league if we did this.

Reilly
Gardiner
Scrivens
1st 2013

capebretoncanadien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2012, 03:12 PM
sharks9

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hennig View Post
This.

And especially Galchenyuk.

The difference between Reimer and Price is not Kessel and Rielly. That's hilarious if habs fans think that's anywhere close to fair value. I probably wouldn't do Kessel for Price straight up.
Price, yes, Subban, not a chance.

Galchenyuk's pretty appropriately rated.

We're not like many Leafs fans who were saying Rielly was the best of the draft after his hot start.

sharks9 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2012, 04:04 PM
TheSilencer

Talk about a redundant thread.
Price is never getting traded to a division rival, especially to us. I see Kessel's name being brought up a lot. If hypothetically a situation were to be present, i'd actually trade Kessel for Price. Young legit #1 goaltenders are more of a valuable asset to me.

TheSilencer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2012, 04:22 PM
pooleboy
#buildthrewthedraft

Quote:
Originally Posted by weak5holeguy View Post
20131st+20141st+Nazem Kadri+James Reimer+Carter Ashton for Carey Price?

Still seems pretty bad to me....
wow...

i think i would do something around gards and kadri. u guys get a very good offensive D and a top 6 potential prospect, obvi need to be couple more pieces. id also give the same deal as kessel, but not that one..

pooleboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2012, 04:23 PM
pooleboy
#buildthrewthedraft

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSilencer View Post
Price is never getting traded to a division rival, especially to us. I see Kessel's name being brought up a lot. If hypothetically a situation were to be present, i'd actually trade Kessel for Price. Young legit #1 goaltenders are more of a valuable asset to me.
i love carey price. i think i would do this as well :S as much as id hate to say it.

pooleboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2012, 04:50 PM
Kegs

Quote:
Originally Posted by pooleboy View Post
wow...

i think i would do something around gards and kadri. u guys get a very good offensive D and a top 6 potential prospect, obvi need to be couple more pieces. id also give the same deal as kessel, but not that one..
you would for sure have to give upp kessel for this trade... and some...

Kegs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2012, 04:50 PM
LaTenderness

Quote:
Originally Posted by H0MER View Post
The Leafs wouldn't trade Kessel for Price to begin with,

Yes, they would........ In a ****ing HEARTBEAT

LaTenderness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2012, 05:43 PM
palindrom

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSilencer View Post
How is a goalie to Toronto thread redundant?

they need a goalie!

palindrom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2012, 06:03 PM
BayStBullies
Burn the Boats!

I've been a huge Price fan from day 1; all I can say:

Price de nice!

This trade would never happen; not worth even pretending to make a deal.

BayStBullies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2012, 06:07 PM
Prairie Habs

Quote:
Originally Posted by pooleboy View Post
wow...

Montreal wouldn't do that anyway. With the additions of Price and Carlyle as well as not subtracting anything from your roster to get Price the Leafs would easily be a playoff team. So with the Leafs firsts not being as valuable as the were in the Kessel deal those other pieces don't add up to enough to have Montreal give up their best and most important player.

Prairie Habs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2012, 08:01 PM
Thanatos

I can't imagine the Habs trading Price to the Leafs for anything less than premium value. I also can't imagine the Habs looking to move Price for anything reason short of a total rebuild...which means they'd be looking for picks, prospects and young NHLers with upside.

In the spirit of the thread I'll offer this:

Rielly, Finn, JVR, Gardiner, Biggs, 2013 or 2014 first

for

Price, Bourque, Nash

Leafs essentially trade 4 firsts (Gardiner, Rielly, Biggs, 1st) and a second(Finn) for Price and Brendon Nash. Which is a fair deal. Leafs also swap a young top 6 forward with injury baggage for an older top 6 forward with his own baggage. The difference between the value of JVR compared to Bourque is the incentive the Habs use to seal the deal.

Leafs get a premier goalie, a decent top-six forward, and what looks to be a NHL ready prospect about to break into the league. Habs upgrade their defense with Gardiner, add what's likely a better top six forward in JVR, and pick up a blue-chip prospect and what might become 2 valuable players.

Definite win for the Leafs, probable win for the Habs. Both teams likely benefit.

Thanatos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2012, 08:09 PM
Vankiller Whale
Maybe HE can score

vCash: 5555
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thanatos View Post
I can't imagine the Habs trading Price to the Leafs for anything less than premium value. I also can't imagine the Habs looking to move Price for anything reason short of a total rebuild...which means they'd be looking for picks, prospects and young NHLers with upside.

In the spirit of the thread I'll offer this:

Rielly, Finn, JVR, Gardiner, Biggs, 2013 or 2014 first

for

Price, Bourque, Nash

Leafs essentially trade 4 firsts (Gardiner, Rielly, Biggs, 1st) and a second(Finn) for Price and Brendon Nash. Which is a fair deal. Leafs also swap a young top 6 forward with injury baggage for an older top 6 forward with his own baggage. The difference between the value of JVR compared to Bourque is the incentive the Habs use to seal the deal.

Leafs get a premier goalie, a decent top-six forward, and what looks to be a NHL ready prospect about to break into the league. Habs upgrade their defense with Gardiner, add what's likely a better top six forward in JVR, and pick up a blue-chip prospect and what might become 2 valuable players.

Definite win for the Leafs, probable win for the Habs. Both teams likely benefit.
Outsiders' view: That's pretty terrible for the Leafs.

Vankiller Whale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2012, 08:41 PM
poetryinmotion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vankiller Whale View Post
Outsiders' view: That's pretty terrible for the Leafs.
Insider's view: What would you take out?

Remember you are getting a (potential) franchise goalie.

Take out any of those pieces ant the trade doesn't look appealing anymore in a possible rebuild scenario.

And I agree with the premise of there actually being a rebuild in order for us to trade him otherwise forget it, wait.... nah we'd keep in then too.

poetryinmotion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2012, 08:45 PM
Thanatos

If anything, I'd say it was worse deal for the Habs.

They give up an established #1A goalie and the best player in the deal(plus a decent prospect and a under-achieving Bourque)for a bunch of maybe prospects/picks, JVR(often injured, and so far a disappointment) and Gardiner( who's a good D-man...but levels below what Price is).

Either way, you've got to pay to play. If the Leafs want Price they had better come with the idea of paying for him. There are plenty of other teams in the league who'd pay top value for Price.

Thanatos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2012, 08:46 PM
Vankiller Whale
Maybe HE can score

vCash: 5555
Quote:
Originally Posted by poetryinmotion View Post
Insider's view: What would you take out?

Remember you are getting a (potential) franchise goalie.

Take out any of those pieces ant the trade doesn't look appealing anymore in a possible rebuild scenario.
For Price alone, I would think Rielly/Gardiner + JVR + 2013 1st is fair value. Adding Bouque/Nash is unlikely to make Toronto give up more value, imo.

A likely top pairing defenseman, a young top-6 forward, and what will likely be a mid 1st in very strong draft.

Vankiller Whale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2012, 08:49 PM
poetryinmotion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vankiller Whale View Post
For Price alone, I would think Rielly/Gardiner + JVR + 2013 1st is fair value. Adding Bouque/Nash is unlikely to make Toronto give up more value, imo.

A likely top pairing defenseman, a young top-6 forward, and what will likely be a mid 1st in very strong draft.
Well, that just won't do, sorry.

JVR is actually very useless to us.

poetryinmotion is offline   Reply With Quote