HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

12-13' Prospects Thread Version XIV: Rielly Cool Story Broll

Closed Thread

Old
12-15-2012, 03:29 PM
Razor
Say no to Luongo.

vCash: 500
Rielly, Finn, Percy and Blacker... I'm literally salivating at the thought of that defensive core.

Old
12-15-2012, 03:33 PM
Razor
Say no to Luongo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razor View Post
Rielly, Finn, Percy and Blacker... I'm literally salivating at the thought of that defensive core.
Oh yeah might as well throw in that Gardiner kid too.

Old
12-15-2012, 03:34 PM
crump
~ ~ (ړײ) ~ ~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razor View Post
More drool would come from Gardiner in there.

(you did add him after all lol)

Old
12-15-2012, 05:20 PM
TheTruculentTML
In it to win it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fearless Leaf View Post
Maybe it's just probably a game or two and I am probably exaggerating here but didn't know Percy actually had physical side to his game. I keep hearing how he is way too soft and just plays a solid, safe game.
He's 6'1" and 196lbs according to the OHL website but he looked bigger than most of the guys on the ice. I love that he wears the "C" and even though they were outshot 42-28 (I think?) any shots coming into the zone were kept wide while he was on.

He reminded me of our man Dion in the sense that he was a vocal leader. On any Fronts offensive rush, Percy would direct the the forward/other Dman on where to be or who to take.

Still, his two hits were memorable and he left a solid first impression.

His shootout attempt is at the end of the video here:

http://www.kingstonfrontenacs.com/vi.../id/1355581277

Old
12-15-2012, 05:38 PM
hockeygeek
Rejisturd User

Ryan Yessie ‏@RyanHPscout
Toronto Maple Leafs prospect Matt Finn has been excellent tonight. Huge plays in his own zone and smart offensively.

From last nights Sarnia game. He also collects first star honours at the Knights game today. Sounds like he's doing all right

Old
12-15-2012, 07:37 PM
Brody
$$

Connor Brown has two assists, once again.

Old
12-15-2012, 07:55 PM
JVR2112

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brody View Post
Damn, hopefully he grows a bit more.

Old
12-15-2012, 08:04 PM
BertCorbeau
Oh Mr Peeenguin...

Watched Team Canada practice today.. Man Rielly looks good, so stoked that the Leafs have him

In all irony, he was paired with Dougie Hamilton

Old
12-15-2012, 08:34 PM
Brody
$$

Josh Leivo also had a goal, one goal and four assists in two games since returning from injury.

Old
12-15-2012, 08:57 PM
sniper81

Watched Biggs on thursday and friday, hes been very consistent and hit a couple posts. Seems to be creating a bit more space for himself to let go his heavy wrist shot. Played the exact same without Boone so that was good news.

Old
12-15-2012, 08:57 PM
Leaf Rocket
Leaf Fan Till I Die

Quote:
Originally Posted by BertCorbeau View Post
Watched Team Canada practice today.. Man Rielly looks good, so stoked that the Leafs have him

In all irony, he was paired with Dougie Hamilton
Lets hope he gets some of the tenacity and defense from hamilton so we get the beter prospect

12-15-2012, 09:31 PM
Leafs at Knight
Offenders Beware

As much as I love Rielly , I would trade him for Gally without thinking twice , the kid just keeps lighting it up with 5 points tonight.

Damn atta boy Leivo , nice to see the injury didn't slow him down.

Old
12-15-2012, 11:25 PM
7even
Deus Ex Machina

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brody View Post
Stagnating.

Old
12-16-2012, 12:56 AM
Brody
$$

Toninato with an assist.

edit: Cameranesi had two assists, updated the whole table.

Last edited by Brody: 12-16-2012 at 01:23 AM.
Old
12-16-2012, 02:46 AM
zeke
#freewilly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaf Rocket View Post
Lets hope he gets some of the tenacity and defense from hamilton so we get the beter prospect
hamilton and "tenacity and defense" don't really go together.

Old
12-16-2012, 04:03 AM
kilgro
Thank you Burke!

The warriors are now 0-3 without Rielly correct me if I'm wrong. Out scored 13-6, missing Reilly's d more than his offense

Old
12-16-2012, 07:14 AM
leafspring*

Sam Carrick

I have no idea why this guy is playing in the ECHL for the Idaho Steelheads(Dallas Stars) when he brings the kind of game suited to the Marlies style. Sam has worked hard over the past couple years ,and is a solid 207 lbs now. His work ethic is first class.

He should be playing with the Marlies easily imo. The dallas stars are not going to develope our prospects properly thats for sure. I don't like him being there,and think he is way under-rated as a prospect.

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/p...php?pid=116018

Old
12-16-2012, 08:35 AM
Mess
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by leafspring View Post
I have no idea why this guy is playing in the ECHL for the Idaho Steelheads(Dallas Stars) when he brings the kind of game suited to the Marlies style. Sam has worked hard over the past couple years ,and is a solid 207 lbs now. His work ethic is first class.

He should be playing with the Marlies easily imo. The dallas stars are not going to develope our prospects properly thats for sure. I don't like him being there,and think he is way under-rated as a prospect.

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/p...php?pid=116018
He is in the ECHL because he isn't good enough to play in the AHL with the Marlies, and he is playing in Idaho because the Leafs no longer have an ECHL affiliate of their own, so he is being loaned out to Dallas farm team. Last season Leafs use to be affiliated with the Reading Royals of ECHL but that agreement has expired.

If he improves and develops he will get promoted up the ladder and AHL would be his next step.

12-16-2012, 08:42 AM
leafspring*

Carrick is better than numerous Marlies in certain aspects of the game. Your contention that he is not good enough to play AHL, if backed by statements by the coach,GM with a link i would be interested in reading.

Old
12-16-2012, 08:49 AM
birddog*

There's an NHL strike and it's taking up 3-4 spots on the Marlies. Domino affect. There are players sitting in the pressbox for the Marlies that normally wouldn't. I would expect him to be called up once the strike is done.

Old
12-16-2012, 08:52 AM
Mess
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by leafspring View Post
Carrick is better than numerous Marlies in certain aspects of the game. Your contention that he is not good enough to play AHL, if backed by statements by the coach,GM with a link i would be interested in reading.
Sam Carrick attended Marlies training camp at beginning of the season.. He was cut by Marlies coach Dallas Eakins..

Then Marlies GM Dave Nonis rather than have him sit around, found an ECHL team (with Dallas) where he loaned him to that organization, so he can continue to develop his skills.

Marlies already have an extended roster due to the lockout, and when it ends and some Marlies are promoted to the Leafs Carrick will have an opportunity to join them at that time.

Old
12-16-2012, 09:02 AM
Leafs at Knight
Offenders Beware

Quote:
Originally Posted by kilgro View Post
The warriors are now 0-3 without Rielly correct me if I'm wrong. Out scored 13-6, missing Reilly's d more than his offense
Joel Edmundson who got trade to Kamloops has 6 points in 6 games . He had 8 points in 29 games with MJ. Joel freaking Edmundson is a ppg since being traded , imagine what Rielly would do .

Old
12-16-2012, 09:15 AM
leafspring*

I believe nonis will be looking at returning him after the lockout too. Having him develope with a team not affiliated is not to my liking though. He will be better served paying his dues with the Marlies system. I believe its a bad situation for him after his last year of OHL really elevated his confidence.

Old
12-16-2012, 09:21 AM
crump
~ ~ (ړײ) ~ ~

Quote:
Originally Posted by kilgro View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leafs at Knight View Post
Joel Edmundson who got trade to Kamloops has 6 points in 6 games . He had 8 points in 29 games with MJ. Joel freaking Edmundson is a ppg since being traded , imagine what Rielly would do .
Some would argue that it's good that he is getting used to playing without a supporting cast.

Seriously though, I am looking forward to seeing him play with and against players with similar talent levels at the World Juniors. If the lockout lasts the entire season he should be ready next year with tourneys like these under his belt and a full season of hockey after that injury.

I think his "need to work on defense" is overblown a bit due to his glaring talent on offense. Everybody sees his attack game as his strength, and it is, but he is more than competent defensively and has good size and strength along the boards. A stint with the Marlies at the end of the season should help him adjust to dealing with bigger bodies at the next level. Did wonders for Gardiner.

Old
12-16-2012, 09:31 AM
Grant
LL Genius

vCash: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by crump View Post
Some would argue that it's good that he is getting used to playing without a supporting cast.

Seriously though, I am looking forward to seeing him play with and against players with similar talent levels at the World Juniors. If the lockout lasts the entire season he should be ready next year with tourneys like these under his belt and a full season of hockey after that injury.

I think his "need to work on defense" is overblown a bit due to his glaring talent on offense. Everybody sees his attack game as his strength, and it is, but he is more than competent defensively and has good size and strength along the boards. A stint with the Marlies at the end of the season should help him adjust to dealing with bigger bodies at the next level. Did wonders for Gardiner.
Also to add on his defense. What is it they say? "The best defense is a good offense"

Closed Thread