HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Official Playoffs(All OTHER teams) thread

Old
04-26-2006, 01:07 AM
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll

vCash: 500
Oilers Win!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

*hoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooonk*

Joe T Choker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2006, 10:45 PM
shelley1142
Fire Howson!

I just want Edmonton to beat Detroit! I'm a Jackets fan by nature so naturally there is some rivalries with our division but the only team in our division who I always want to lose is Detroit.

shelley1142 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-26-2006, 11:25 PM
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll

Stars are 1 loss away from being eliminated AND Swept

Old
04-27-2006, 07:27 AM
SmokeyClause

Send a message via AIM to SmokeyClause
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seamus O' Toole
Stars are 1 loss away from being eliminated AND Swept
It's amazing how fortunate the Avs are. They had two fluke goals last night and the Stars had several posts. This might end up being the worst effort by a team that wins a series easily. Dallas isn't making it that hard for the Avs, but realistically, the Avs should probably be down 2-1 right now in spite of Dallas' uninspired play.

It's series like this that make hockey players superstitious. There is just so many different breaks to be had. It's no wonder that hockey players go out of their way to make sure those breaks head their way.

SmokeyClause is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-27-2006, 08:58 AM
Enoch
This is my boomstick

I'm going to disagree Smokey. If you have watched the series, it has been odd bounces the entire time, but Colorado has clearly been the better team. Game 3 saw Dallas get three of the flukiest goals I have ever seen....including one that went about 30 feet in the air with no one knowing where it was...and it then falling and bouncing in off Theodores back. Just look at the goalie statistics to get the story of this series, both goalies are facing some pretty ridiculous scoring chances and neither is making the "unbelievable" save....I will agree this is the biggest series based on bounces I have ever seen, but I think the right team is winning right now. Dallas just doesn't have it...

04-27-2006, 12:59 PM
SmokeyClause

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enoch
I'm going to disagree Smokey. If you have watched the series, it has been odd bounces the entire time, but Colorado has clearly been the better team. Game 3 saw Dallas get three of the flukiest goals I have ever seen....including one that went about 30 feet in the air with no one knowing where it was...and it then falling and bouncing in off Theodores back. Just look at the goalie statistics to get the story of this series, both goalies are facing some pretty ridiculous scoring chances and neither is making the "unbelievable" save....I will agree this is the biggest series based on bounces I have ever seen, but I think the right team is winning right now. Dallas just doesn't have it...
Colorado has had odd bounces go against them, yes. But the majority of the game-deciding bounces (posts or shots of skates in OT) are going in the Avs favor.

When I say they should be down 2-1, I am looking directly as plays like Arnott's shot of the post that turned around and ends up behind Turco. I'm talking about bouncing it in off Willie Mitchell's skate or Tanguay's chest. Dallas has gotten some fortunate bounces, but ones like that break a team's back.

Old
05-02-2006, 06:56 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

anyone wanting to watch the canes\habs game, yahoo is streaming the video. just click on the camera next to the score. very cool.

barrytrotzsneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2006, 08:32 PM
Enoch
This is my boomstick

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomorekids
anyone wanting to watch the canes\habs game, yahoo is streaming the video. just click on the camera next to the score. very cool.
I'm watching. The passion both teams are showing is something that was completely not showed by the Predators in our series. Every Canes or Habs player know they are going to get killed when they dump the puck in, yet they do it, go after the puck, get killed, and then they play on. This is clearly the best series of the playoffs...Both teams are playing extremely hard and leaving everything out on the ice.

Enoch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-02-2006, 09:22 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

anyone that didn't take my advice and watch that game...blew it.

best game i've seen of the playoffs, so far.

Old
05-02-2006, 09:26 PM
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll

my custom user title pretty much explains it all

Old
05-02-2006, 10:10 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seamus O' Toole
my custom user title pretty much explains it all

That's nonsense, man. I don't know if it's just to rile the Habs fans, but Huet was awesome in that series, especially in that last game. It's just that Cam Ward was better. The GWG can't really be blamed on Huet either, as Stillman's shot got a piece of Rivet's stick and deflected in mid-air passed Huet. Rivet, in essence, tipped it in.

Old
05-02-2006, 10:18 PM
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll

Quote:
That's nonsense, man. I don't know if it's just to rile the Habs fans, but Huet was awesome in that series, especially in that last game. It's just that Cam Ward was better. The GWG can't really be blamed on Huet either, as Stillman's shot got a piece of Rivet's stick and deflected in mid-air passed Huet. Rivet, in essence, tipped it in.
yeah ... its just to have a little fun with 'em

Old
05-08-2006, 02:08 PM
SmokeyClause

It looks like Colorado has come back down to earth. They aren't playing the Stars, a team that just never played with consistent playoff intensity, and they aren't getting the bounces. I mentioned to Seamus that I thought Colorado was the worst team I'd ever seen that ran off a #2 seed in 5 games. They never looked good doing it and despite an unimpressive showing by Dallas, still had to eek out three of the four wins.

Bryz has two straight shutouts and is hardly breaking a sweat. His biggest challenge has to be to stay focused in the first and second periods when Colorado struggles to cross the redline with possession. After that, he's cool because it doesn't matter what he does in the 3rd because Anaheim already has the game wrapped up.

Old
05-08-2006, 09:39 PM
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll

Ottawa being Ottawa ?!?!?!?!?!?!

Old
05-08-2006, 09:43 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Wow, what a game...

Devils go ahead, 2-1...with 20.7 seconds remaining in the game. The Canes don't even wait for the faceoff to pull ward. Madden beats Brind'Amour so cleanly that it goes back into the Devils zone...Williams puts the puck on net, Staal chips it in to tie with THREE SECONDS LEFT...

...then..Wallin gets behind the defense, builds a wall, and pokes the puck in to win it just after OT starts. Canes up 2-0 in the series.

Old
05-09-2006, 01:30 AM
sparkle twin
I luv u summertime

Send a message via ICQ to sparkle twin Send a message via AIM to sparkle twin
Every series is 2-0.

Wow. Ottawa outshot Buffalo 44-17 and could only got one goal.

sparkle twin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2006, 06:54 AM
Pred303

one amazing stat no one is talking about much, is how badly the oil have dominated the ducks these last few years.... after last night's win, the oil have now won 14 in a row against the ducks... the last 8 times in anaheim, where the ducks haven't beated the oil at home since 2001.. the last 12 times in Edmonton, where the ducks haven't beaten the oilers since 1999.. this year the oilers are now 6 and 0 against the ducks..

talk about domination and one team having another team's number.. the oil appear to not only have the duck's number, they apparently have the entire 9 digit zip code

Pred303 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2006, 12:45 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

As much as I hoped to see Anaheim beat the Oilers and the Canes beat the Sabres...in terms of excitement, Sabres\Oilers is probably the best series.

Old
05-22-2006, 12:48 PM
SmokeyClause

Quote:
As much as I hoped to see Anaheim beat the Oilers and the Canes beat the Sabres...in terms of excitement, Sabres\Oilers is probably the best series.
That's probably the series I'd cheer for if I was forced to pick. Honestly though, I couldn't care less from here on out. I just wanna see 7 games in each of the remaining 3 series.

Old
05-26-2006, 08:45 PM
SmokeyClause

Is anyone else getting a kick out of Andy Brickley's thick Massachusetts accent? It's not that bad at times, but during some phrases, he sounds like a Kennedy. Every time I hear it, I think of how funny it would sound if they had a southerner with a similary thick native accent acting as a sideline reporter.

Old
06-02-2006, 10:50 AM
SmokeyClause

After watching the Buffalo/Carolina game, I have a few observations.

It's so important to have great depth at defense. Sure, you can have a string of great luck like Carolina has had recently and have no one get injured, but more than likely, one or two defensemen are going to go down. Buffalo's lack of depth on defense cost them. That’s the beauty of having 10 NHL defensemen on our roster this past season (Hamhuis, Zidlicky, Timonen, Weber, Suter, Markov, Witt, Klein, Zanon, Eaton). We are one of the few teams in the NHL that could have withstood the injuries that Buffalo faced. Simply put, our 7-10 defenseman are all capable of playing solid roles on an NHL club [we could stand to work on our first pairing though. We don't have any Jay McKees]. Buffalo's backups weren't bad, but players like Jillson and Paetsch looked out of place, and Buffalo really struggled to play their up and down style with them in there. Last year's roster gave us 8 guys capable of playing top 4 roles and 10 capable of playing top 6 roles. With the acquistion of Lehtonen and Koistinen, we may be hoping to set up our roster with similar depth next year.

Despite Buffalo's severe handicap, they were still quite competitive and were arguably the better team. That's the importance of a running a system tailored to your team. They don't have a forward core that is more talented than us. They don't have a defensive core that is more talented than us. But their high-pressure, skate at all costs style was perfectly suited for the roster, so much so that they could overcome the loss of their key defensemen simply by playing their style. We need to take a long, hard look at how Buffalo went about creating this system and see if we can't do something similar here. Next year's Preds team should have decidely more talent than this year's Buffalo team. There's no reason we can't see great results too.

And lastly, Buffalo, due to the nature of some of their best players, got really cutesy at times. You would have thought that the first goal scored by Commodore would have taught them a lesson but they were not that quick to put the puck on net and were constantly looking for that extra pass. I think Buffalo was rather spoiled in the Ottawa and Philadelphia series because the slow-footed Flyers defenseman were always out of positions as were the Ottawa defenseman caught up in a wave of offensively-oriented hockey from both sides. When a series begins to grind down, as the Carolina/Buffalo series, it seems to be very important to get pucks on net and drive hard to create chances. Buffalo passed up several opportunities to do this, and it might have been their downfall.