HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > San Jose Sharks
Notices

The Lockout Thread UPD 1/6 - framework of new CBA agreed to

Closed Thread

Old
12-12-2012, 12:22 PM
LadyStanley
Elasmobranchology-go

vCash: 500
KKurzCSN 10:20am via Twitter for Mac According to @NHLPA, Douglas Murray is one of 11 players in today's CBA meetings. No owners present.

Old
12-12-2012, 04:19 PM
vilpertti

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyStanley View Post
KKurzCSN 10:20am via Twitter for Mac According to @NHLPA, Douglas Murray is one of 11 players in today's CBA meetings. No owners present.
Finally, Doug should get it done.

Old
12-12-2012, 09:23 PM
LadyStanley
Elasmobranchology-go

http://www.mercurynews.com/opinion/c...ses?source=rss

SJ Merc editorial -- get the lockout resolved!

Old
12-12-2012, 10:23 PM
Nighthock
**** the Kings...

vCash: 163
Quote:
Originally Posted by vilpertti View Post
Finally, Doug should get it done.

Old
12-13-2012, 12:59 AM
LadyStanley
Elasmobranchology-go

http://www.mercurynews.com/mark-purd...ack?source=rss

Purdy: stop bickering and get back to work

Old
12-13-2012, 08:23 PM
Stickmata

Meh. Just cancel the season already. The owners aren't going to move anymore, so if they players aren't willing to take the last offer, the NHL might as well stop prolonging the inevitable and just cancel the season. At least then whatever litigation or other moves either side is planning can get underway sooner and there would be a better chance we see some hockey next year.

Old
12-14-2012, 08:10 PM
Barrie22
Shark fan in hiding

vCash: 302
Couture was 1 of the players named in the nhl' suit today.

Old
12-15-2012, 12:22 AM
Stickmata

Good. At least now we're getting somewhere. Fire up the lawyers, figure out who has the legal leverage and get the damn thing settled before next season.

Old
12-15-2012, 02:19 AM
SJSharksfan39

vCash: 662
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barrie22 View Post
Couture was 1 of the players named in the nhl' suit today.
I like Couture as a hockey player, but as a person he really has turned into a weasel in this process. Lost a lot of respect for him.

Old
12-15-2012, 09:43 AM
Barrie22
Shark fan in hiding

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharkie551 View Post
I like Couture as a hockey player, but as a person he really has turned into a weasel in this process. Lost a lot of respect for him.
i can't remember him saying anything really to bad, the last thing i remember was when he 1st came back to north america and he said he was 100% behind fehr (its good that he is standing behind his union), but bad bad bad in the essence that they technically want to fire fehr by decertifying lol.

Old
12-15-2012, 11:24 AM
Stickmata

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barrie22 View Post
i can't remember him saying anything really to bad, the last thing i remember was when he 1st came back to north america and he said he was 100% behind fehr (its good that he is standing behind his union), but bad bad bad in the essence that they technically want to fire fehr by decertifying lol.
They're not firing Fehr by decertifying or disclaiming interest. They're just sending him home for a while in the hopes that the owners crack, in which case the union reforms in a day and picks right up where they left off. Which is exactly why the owners filed their grievance with the NLRB, as they are arguing that decertification is a negotiating ploy and in violation of both the letter and the spirit of the rules concerning decertification. And the owners are dead right on this issue. If decertification meant that the players union would be dissolved for ever, it wouldn't even come up as a topic of discussion with the NHLPA. If the players think the economics of the latest offer are bad, they have no idea how bad it would be for them without the union. Except for a small group of superstars, it would be way worse. And the league would be a mess.

What the players need to realize is that, if the owners win on the issues before the federal court and the NLRB, the union is toast and the deal they are going to get is going to be way worse than what is on the table right now. If this goes to the courts, the outcome for either side could be awful, but it's much more likely to wind up bad for the players.

Old
12-15-2012, 05:01 PM
drumzan
#WpgJets #SJSharks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickmata View Post
They're not firing Fehr by decertifying or disclaiming interest. They're just sending him home for a while in the hopes that the owners crack, in which case the union reforms in a day and picks right up where they left off. Which is exactly why the owners filed their grievance with the NLRB, as they are arguing that decertification is a negotiating ploy and in violation of both the letter and the spirit of the rules concerning decertification. And the owners are dead right on this issue. If decertification meant that the players union would be dissolved for ever, it wouldn't even come up as a topic of discussion with the NHLPA. If the players think the economics of the latest offer are bad, they have no idea how bad it would be for them without the union. Except for a small group of superstars, it would be way worse. And the league would be a mess.

What the players need to realize is that, if the owners win on the issues before the federal court and the NLRB, the union is toast and the deal they are going to get is going to be way worse than what is on the table right now. If this goes to the courts, the outcome for either side could be awful, but it's much more likely to wind up bad for the players.
Very well said.

Old
12-15-2012, 05:10 PM
Barrie22
Shark fan in hiding

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickmata View Post

i know there technically not firing fehr, and once it starts up. but at the same time they are saying they could do better without fehr at the helm lol.

but i'm hoping the players weren't really looking forward to those single hotel rooms, or the extra doctors, or there insurance being paid, or the pension for after they retire.

i still say if they do try and decert they should not be able to just put there union back together once the deal is done.

Old
12-15-2012, 07:01 PM
magic school bus

vCash: 1965
Quote:
I've lost respect for everyone involved, so overall, Logan's in about the same place in my eyes.

Old
12-15-2012, 09:38 PM
LadyStanley
Elasmobranchology-go

http://prohockeytalk.nbcsports.com/2...-in-cba-talks/

With pregnant wife due to deliver soon, and frustration growing, Malhotra steps away from active participating in CBA negotiations.

Old
12-15-2012, 09:50 PM
Blackhawkswincup
Global Moderator

vCash: 340
Quote:
He is not as bad as others though

Prust , Darche , Toews , Upshall and Bolland IMO will come out of lockout for players side with worse damage to there reputations

Last edited by Blackhawkswincup: 12-15-2012 at 10:05 PM.
Old
12-15-2012, 10:09 PM
Kitten Mittons

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhawkswincup View Post
Prust , Darche , Toews , Upshall and Bolland IMO will come out of lockout for players side with worse damage to there reputations
+ Mayers, Campoli (if he even gets a job).

Old
12-15-2012, 10:27 PM
Blackhawkswincup
Global Moderator

vCash: 340
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitten Mittons View Post
+ Mayers, Campoli (if he even gets a job).
I forgot about Mayers

As for Campoli ,, I doubt he was ever playing in NHL again anyway and he already was regarded by me as an idiot from his time with Hawks

Old
12-16-2012, 12:28 AM
WTFetus

Quote:
What exactly did Couture say? I remember a post talking about the 50/50 and retweeting one of Bisonette's tweets, but I don't remember him saying anything bad about Bettman or how he has no money. Did I miss something?

Old
12-16-2012, 12:29 AM
SJSharksfan39

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhawkswincup View Post
He is not as bad as others though

As far as I'm concerned, they are all weasels. Hockey players had a reputation as being class guys. Well, there are a select few that has ruined that reputation.

Old
12-16-2012, 12:30 AM
SJSharksfan39

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTFetus View Post
What exactly did Couture say? I remember a post talking about the 50/50 and retweeting one of Bisonette's tweets, but I don't remember him saying anything bad about Bettman or how he has no money. Did I miss something?
It's more about his demeanor and attitude than what he's said. I see comments from him, and other players, and think they're all weasels. It's sad.

Old
12-16-2012, 12:58 AM
WTFetus

Quote:
It's more about his demeanor and attitude than what he's said. I see comments from him, and other players, and think they're all weasels. It's sad.
Any examples?

Old
12-16-2012, 01:16 AM
SJSharksfan39

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTFetus View Post
Any examples?
His twitter feed, for one, which is why I stopped following him. Can't really think of any others though at the moment.

Old
12-16-2012, 01:19 AM
WTFetus

Quote:
His twitter feed, for one, which is why I stopped following him. Can't really think of any others though at the moment.
I ask for examples of his tweets and you say his twitter feed.
I'm looking at it now and I'm not seeing much. From what I saw, I think he's being pretty conservative. All he said is that he supports Fehr, which he has to say since he's part of the NHLPA. If he doesn't, he'll get antagonized like Neivirth and Hamrlik. He didn't say he was being treated like cattle like Upshall did, isn't talking out of his *** like Bisonette, isn't joking about the lack of money like Neal.
Again, unless I'm missing something.

Old
12-16-2012, 01:22 AM
wtfisthis

Quote:
Care to explain that a little bit more? I really dont see whats wrong with his twitter feed.

Closed Thread