HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Official MLB Thread - Part VII

Old
12-15-2012, 09:38 PM
darko

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by surf View Post
Syndegaard??? Is this a high end prospect? Does he project to a number 2 or 3 starter?
#2 upside. Fastball in mid 90s and can touch 99. Offspeed stuff needs some work otherwise he may turn into a dominant reliever. Big upside.

darko is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2012, 09:41 PM
surf
Wheres the Reggae?

Thanks Darko,just looked him up.Love this trade if it goes through..Keep stock piling high end talent.Mets staff could be sick in a few.

surf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2012, 10:02 PM
Rangers4Life74

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kel Varnsen View Post
Posey:
14, then 7

Wieters:
12, then 1

d'Arnaud:
81, then 36

Which one is not like the others? You can project d'Arnaud wherever you want for this coming year, it's fairly baseless, but neither posey nor weiters started as low as d'Arnaud or finished as low as d'Arnaud is right now.

Fact is d'Arnaud will be a hell of a lot riskier than either of those guys and you want to give up a historic elite pitcher for him.
he's historic and elite now?

Rangers4Life74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2012, 10:07 PM
darko

Quote:
Originally Posted by trueblue9441 View Post
and dickeys 38 years old and had 1 great season in his career.
http://www.fangraphs.com/blogs/index...ne-great-year/

darko is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2012, 10:10 PM
Vitto79

Quote:
Originally Posted by surf View Post
Thanks Darko,just looked him up.Love this trade if it goes through..Keep stock piling high end talent.Mets staff could be sick in a few.
yea this is a nice deal for the Mets. 2 top prospects is what they were looking for. Also sets up C, 3B, 1B for a long time. I also like Tejada at either SS or 2B, Murphy can hit but is a lousy 2B so I'd like to see that upgraded but maybe next off season.

The OF is a mess still but I imagine they throw some money at either Swisher, Bourn, Ross, heck somebody needs to get signed to play LF.........Duda is fine in RF but they could use a Righty backup to spell him........also need atleast a platoon Righty bat for Kirk N in CF.

SP will be fine with Santana, Niese, Harvey, Meija, Gee.......then bring in Wheeler in place of Santana at the deadline. I am hoping Santana is healthy and they can get a good prospect for him then

Vitto79 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2012, 11:12 PM
Kel Varnsen
Below: Nash's Heart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangers4Life74 View Post
The Cy Young award winner isn't elite? What a joke. And when's the last time you've seen a knuckleballer pitch like this? Be able to throw an upper 70s to even low 80s knuckleball? That's historic.

Kel Varnsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2012, 11:18 PM
Kel Varnsen
Below: Nash's Heart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitto79 View Post
yea this is a nice deal for the Mets. 2 top prospects is what they were looking for. Also sets up C, 3B, 1B for a long time. I also like Tejada at either SS or 2B, Murphy can hit but is a lousy 2B so I'd like to see that upgraded but maybe next off season.

The OF is a mess still but I imagine they throw some money at either Swisher, Bourn, Ross, heck somebody needs to get signed to play LF.........Duda is fine in RF but they could use a Righty backup to spell him........also need atleast a platoon Righty bat for Kirk N in CF.

SP will be fine with Santana, Niese, Harvey, Meija, Gee.......then bring in Wheeler in place of Santana at the deadline. I am hoping Santana is healthy and they can get a good prospect for him then
Yeah because baseball prospects pan out 100% of the time! Mets will win the paper prospect world series next year!

"I've been asked as a Mets fan do I hate the Yankees or the Phillies or the Braves the most. And my answer is, the Mets. As a Mets fan I hate the Mets the most." - Jon Stewart
^ Sums up how I'm feeling perfectly right now. You'll all come around when over the next few years Dickey continues to kill it and goes down as an icon with the Jays, while our prospects, as most prospects do, fizzle and bust as we continue to be one of the worst and least watchable teams in mlb.

Kel Varnsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2012, 11:30 PM
trueblue9441

Send a message via AIM to trueblue9441
Quote:
Yeah because baseball prospects pan out 100% of the time! Mets will win the paper prospect world series next year!

"I've been asked as a Mets fan do I hate the Yankees or the Phillies or the Braves the most. And my answer is, the Mets. As a Mets fan I hate the Mets the most." - Jon Stewart
^ Sums up how I'm feeling perfectly right now. You'll all come around when over the next few years Dickey continues to kill it and goes down as an icon with the Jays, while our prospects, as most prospects do, fizzle and bust as we continue to be one of the worst and least watchable teams in mlb.
so you can hate your own team while the rest of the sane mets fans will be happy with the deal that gets them 2 pieces for their future. good for you.

trueblue9441 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2012, 11:33 PM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

Dickey's great. Elite.

However, getting a potential impact bat at C, and also another strong pitching prospect, helps us more than one elite pitcher when our rotation is already good.

I'll gladly go to Yankee Stadium to cheer on RA to mow down the Yanks.

BlueshirtBlitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2012, 12:15 AM
Inferno
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueshirtBlitz View Post
Beltran is a hall of famer and was having a great year when he was traded. Value wise they're similar, but situation wise they're not. Dickey has an incredibly cheap year on his contract and his rumored contract demands are very fair. I'd only be willing to trade him for an elite prospect, and if we can get D'arnaud it has to be done. A core of Wheeler, Ike, Niese, Harvey, David, and D'arnaud would be great. If things work out well you have 3 front of the rotation starters, an impact bat with good D at a position where that's really rare, a superstar at 3rd and a guy who has 5 WAR potential at 1st. We need to work on the outfield, though. Syndergaard is also a good prospect- if we can get him then Sandy is the man.
i dont think Carlos Beltran is a Hall of Famer. just my personal opinion.

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2012, 12:19 AM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno View Post
I think if we're going by stats he'll be a lock by the time he retires. Too bad the BBWAA doesn't look at just stats though and he'll probably get docked points for being a Met.

BlueshirtBlitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2012, 12:21 AM
Kershaw

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno View Post
beltran the most clutch player in mlb history. He is on my HOF.

Kershaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2012, 12:25 AM
Krams
Scalloped Potatoes

vCash: 400
Any ideas on who the third Met going back to Toronto will be? I've a hunch it'll be Flores. No real place for him with Wright locked up long term and Davis at first.

Krams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2012, 04:59 AM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangers4Life74 View Post
Elite: Cy Young award winner
Historic: First knuckleball pitcher to win Cy Young award

Yeah.

It's just pain.
nyr2k2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2012, 05:07 AM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by SwissFreakinWatch View Post
Any ideas on who the third Met going back to Toronto will be? I've a hunch it'll be Flores. No real place for him with Wright locked up long term and Davis at first.
I doubt that. I'd guess it's one of the pitchers like Verrett or Robles or someone like Aderlin Rodriguez.

The tweets have said it's not an elite prospect. Flores isn't quite elite, but he's borderline top-50.

Old
12-16-2012, 05:57 AM
ecemleafs

dickey may be historic and elite but hes in his late 30s. the mets need assets for the future. they had a 20 game cy young winner and they only won 74 games. mets wont be winning anything of importance with dickey on the team unless hes pitching well into his mid 40s.

ecemleafs is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2012, 07:06 AM
Vitto79

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwissFreakinWatch View Post
reports are saying minor prospect going each way so not thinking Flores as he is considered pretty good no? Jays have Lawrie at 3rd too

hope we find out today but I like what I am hearing so far

Old
12-16-2012, 09:54 AM
TheRedViper

Honestly. I'd be surprised to see Syndergaard AND D'Arnaud being dealt if the third piece from the Mets isn't significant.

TheRedViper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2012, 12:10 PM
Vitto79

Quote:

lol, dude I hope Dickey does great for the Jays and wins the World Series but the bottom line is the Mets are not going to win over the next few yrs and Dickey will be 40 by then. Who the heck knows if he will ever have a yr like he did this yr.

Take the best hitting C prospect in baseball and a good young P prospect. Yea they may not pan out but its worth a look and gives they team some hope moving forward

Old
12-16-2012, 01:11 PM
DJB
Sens best prospect

vCash: 908
According to Rosenthal the deal is done. 72 hours for the Jays to try ad extend him.

DJB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2012, 01:18 PM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

Send a message via AIM to Bird Law
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitto79 View Post
lol, dude I hope Dickey does great for the Jays and wins the World Series but the bottom line is the Mets are not going to win over the next few yrs and Dickey will be 40 by then. Who the heck knows if he will ever have a yr like he did this yr.

Take the best hitting C prospect in baseball and a good young P prospect. Yea they may not pan out but its worth a look and gives they team some hope moving forward
Yeah. It's a no brainer. I don't see how anyone can't see that this is a good move. We'd just waste two more years of Dickey's life.

Bird Law is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2012, 01:50 PM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

Send a message via AIM to Bird Law
Edit

Bird Law is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2012, 07:57 AM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

Awards:
The Mets will have a top five system after this trade, and that's excluding Matt Harvey. Three top-50 guys in D'Arnaud, Syndergaard and Wheeler. Lot's off high-upside and "safe," polished guys like Fulmer, Mateo, Familia, Tapia, Montero, Mazzoni, DeGrom, Gorski and so on. Crazy pitching depth in the system.

The bats aren't as impressive, but there's still quality there. Aside from D'Arnaud, you've got a toolsy Nimmo, Flores developing well and Gavin Cecchini who looks like a solid future MLB shortstop. Plawecki, Vaughn and Evans all have nice upside, with Muno and Tovar looking like surefire utility players. Aderlin Rodriguez has huge power, though I don't know where he fits in a future lineup and he may not have the discipline to ever make it. Vicente Lupo destroyed the DSL (1.108 OPS) and Ahmed Rosario was a big signing. Those guys will hopefully become hot prospects in the next two years.

The Mets should still have enough pitching on the big club to hang around .500. If D'Arnaud plays as he can and we add another bat, we should still be a decent club. Not terrible. The future is extremely bright, though. I haven't been this excited about the depth of the system for many years.

Old
12-17-2012, 10:34 AM
Jackson Ranger

I like D'Arnaud but I don't know if he compares to Posey as some people have written. I saw him play 20-25 times when he was at Lakewood and was a good defensive player but he didn't have a lot of power offensively. He seems to have gotten stronger which will help his power but I don't think he can be put in the Posey range yet. I think he is more of a 10-15 HR's a year guy, especially early in his career.

Also, I like Syndergaard but Gose would have been enjoyable to watch. I saw him in Lakewood as well and he's got a strong arm and can cover a lot of ground in the outfield (perfect for Citi Field). And offensively, he reminded me of Rickey Henderson lite. He didn't have the power of Ricky but he was exciting to watch on the basepaths.

Jackson Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2012, 10:34 AM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Dickey has agreed to terms with TO. He still has to pass his physical before they announce the deal. The Mets made the right move. I wish the Yankees were a little more pro active. Hughes will be a free agent after 2013. IF he can stay healthy and he has a good season,Hughes is in line for $13M-$16M per. Look at what Dempster and Sanchez got. The Yankees shouldn't pay him those dollars. Every team is looking for pitching. I will take my chances with CC,Andy,Kuroda,Nova and Phelps. Look to fill in around them with depth. Even Cano. He wants 10 years at more than 200M plus. Trade him. He hired Scott Boras for a reason. Trade him.

RangerBoy is offline   Reply With Quote