Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > Canadian Junior Hockey > OHL
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2

*OFFICIAL* Erie Otters 2013 Off-Season Thread

Closed Thread

Old
12-14-2012, 09:34 PM
mapleleaf979

vCash: 500
I think Harper has the speed to play with Mcdavid, not convinced they read each other well.

Old
12-14-2012, 10:08 PM
OHLFan8771

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapleleaf979 View Post
I think Harper has the speed to play with Mcdavid, not convinced they read each other well.
I know early in the year that was one reason they were kept off the same line. I do like the idea of maybe trying them together again. If it doesnt work then it doesnt work but I think it is a risk that could pay big dividends. Maybe a line change with McDavid can get Harper to play up to his potential.

Old
12-15-2012, 01:16 PM
Otters Fan

Well i was very happy to see they called Murphy up. I have no clue what took them so long to do this. He had an assist in his first game so off to a good start.

Looking forward to seeing how they play tonight at home.

Old
12-15-2012, 02:29 PM
OHLFan8771

Quote:
Originally Posted by Otters Fan View Post
Well i was very happy to see they called Murphy up. I have no clue what took them so long to do this. He had an assist in his first game so off to a good start.

Looking forward to seeing how they play tonight at home.
Ya I really hope they keep him up here for the remainder of the season. Lets hope more of last night transpires to tonight.

Old
12-15-2012, 05:37 PM
OHLFan8771

Erie has also called up Darren Raddysh for tonights game. Interesting as I did not see this one coming, I wonder if he will be playing forward or defense.

Old
12-15-2012, 05:58 PM
Nothing Else Maattas

Quote:
Originally Posted by OHLFan8771 View Post
Erie has also called up Darren Raddysh for tonights game. Interesting as I did not see this one coming, I wonder if he will be playing forward or defense.
Victor Fernandes ‏@GoErieHockey
. @ErieOtters lines tonight: Fox-McDavid-Brown, Crisp-Labardo-Harper, Evans-Cairns-Hodgson, Raddysh-Pettit-McGuire #erielive

With the look of this forward.

Old
12-15-2012, 06:05 PM
OHLFan8771

Quote:
Originally Posted by Connor McJesus View Post
. @ErieOtters lines tonight: Fox-McDavid-Brown, Crisp-Labardo-Harper, Evans-Cairns-Hodgson, Raddysh-Pettit-McGuire #erielive

Looks like Wood is the odd man out. Seems he was injured last night.

Last edited by OHLFan8771: 12-15-2012 at 06:15 PM.
Old
12-15-2012, 07:10 PM
mapleleaf979

Quote:
Originally Posted by Connor McJesus View Post

Interesting...I didnt see him play forward once after Christmas on his minor midget team last year. Crisp was interviewed last night post game and raved about how the room is, the positive attitudes, the fun they have. It was good to hear this. Its fantastic they have this outlook with a season that has been tough so far, I think they see a bright future and they like each other which is so darn important. They have 2 2nd round picks and there own 1st. 3 good players they should help with the future. I want Felker to get top 4 mins, his upside is greater than most there on the backend, Felker is still young and his growth potential is intriguing.

Old
12-15-2012, 09:46 PM
mapleleaf979

21 straight Penalty Kills for the Otters. Pretty nice streak, I like what Knoublauch is doing.

Old
12-15-2012, 10:05 PM
OHLFan8771

Quote:
21 straight Penalty Kills for the Otters. Pretty nice streak, I like what Knoublauch is doing.
Ya they had a good PK all game tonight but some of that was Williams making some great saves. Perfect way to end before the holiday break, a perfect 3 for 3 and that is the confidence the team needs. I hope they come back from the break playing this well.

Old
12-15-2012, 10:43 PM
Otters Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by OHLFan8771 View Post
Ya they had a good PK all game tonight but some of that was Williams making some great saves. Perfect way to end before the holiday break, a perfect 3 for 3 and that is the confidence the team needs. I hope they come back from the break playing this well.
They didnt play a perfect game by any means tonight,stayed close and ended up pulling it out in the end.
Before this is a game they would find a way to lose. I know Kitchener was short but they are still a good team. Williams had a great game tonight in goal. This kid is going to be a stud in another year or so.
I also agree with you mapleleaf that i wish they would give Felkner alot more time. He was scratched tonight but hopefully he will get alot more time after Christmas.
Great way to end the first half

Old
12-15-2012, 11:04 PM
mapleleaf979

The more I see Williams, the more impressed I am. He was great last night as well. He is lighting quick, great glove hand.

Old
12-16-2012, 01:37 AM
Styx and Stones

Full credit to both players and fans for rebounding from the Teddy Toss debacle. Great crowd tonight that could have blown up after going down 2-0 and they didn't. Credit the players for rebounding from the poor start and winning the game. OHL hockey belongs in Erie Pa.

Old
12-16-2012, 07:08 AM
Otters Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Styx and Stones View Post
Full credit to both players and fans for rebounding from the Teddy Toss debacle. Great crowd tonight that could have blown up after going down 2-0 and they didn't. Credit the players for rebounding from the poor start and winning the game. OHL hockey belongs in Erie Pa.
Hope you and your son have a great Christmas Styx. I also hope he gets far more playing time after the break

Old
12-16-2012, 11:33 AM
OHLFan8771

Quote:
Originally Posted by Otters Fan View Post
Hope you and your son have a great Christmas Styx. I also hope he gets far more playing time after the break
I agree, I think by the end of the season his playing time should increase. Last nights game was a perfect way to end the year. Third win a row and the team really looked like they are coming together. I for one can not wait for the season to start back up.

Old
12-17-2012, 08:01 AM
MoneyballHockey

Quote:
The more I see Williams, the more impressed I am. He was great last night as well. He is lighting quick, great glove hand.
Couldn't agree more. 133 shots in 3 games. He allowed 2 on 47 shots on Thu and 3 on 48 shots Sat. Wow. If we could reduce the shots on goal by even 3 or 4 a period for Dansk and Williams the play would be going the other way as a result and the Otters could be a tough team to beat on any given night.

Old
12-21-2012, 07:10 PM
KnightSpit

Erie Line Up and The Erie Team

First off, hope you all have a great Christmas. Was in Erie last weekend with a few friends to do some excellent and amazing Christmas shopping. All I can say is nice city, great bargain, good prices and no tax on any clothing. Was able to get really good seats for the Kitchener game. First of all let me say, your arena although half renovated, is looking really nice, when all done you just might end up with the best rink in the "O" As for the current line up, with a 3 game win streak, don't touch a thing until if and when they lose. Don't know what your bench looked like a month ago, but we were just a few rows behind it and all the palyers seemed very animated, talking it up and supporting each other, and that is half the battle. That goalie Willams, wow what a stud and you have Dansk as well ? Every team would love that problem. Your forwards were clicking, short shifts and lots of back checking,

Your D looked solid, I think the lines were Pelch, Donnay, Abraham and Kuleshov and then McDowell and Murphy. All the D looked solid, all big kids, who were playing smart. Pelch got 3 penalties in the game, but for the most part they killed them off. Looks like Eire is headed in the right direction for now. Good luck and have agreat Christmas, and I almost forgot, I think there were about 5,000 fans there, but they sounded more like 10,000. Without a doubt you have the loudest building in the "O"

Old
12-22-2012, 10:38 AM
KnightSpit

World Juniors ???

Hey

I know it is early but Any opinions on the World Juniors so far. Hopefully Canada gets it together. I hope it is not a quesiton of too much talent and everyone standing around waiting for someone else to do soemthing. With that back end the D should be untouchable.

Anyhow I think it will be Canada and the U.S.A, for the Gold

Old
12-22-2012, 05:23 PM
ckg927

Send a message via Yahoo to ckg927
KnightSpit: Actually, there were about 4200 there-about 500 or so short of a sellout with its current configuration. But, knowing Erie the way I do(I've been there MANY times), the atmosphere makes it feel like twice that number. I've been to about half the OHL arenas and hands down Erie has the best atmosphere; win or lose, the fans ALWAYS root for the Otters and do so as loudly as possible. Niagara is probably in second place in that department.

Old
12-22-2012, 08:56 PM
OHLFan8771

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnightSpit View Post
First off, hope you all have a great Christmas. Was in Erie last weekend with a few friends to do some excellent and amazing Christmas shopping. All I can say is nice city, great bargain, good prices and no tax on any clothing. Was able to get really good seats for the Kitchener game. First of all let me say, your arena although half renovated, is looking really nice, when all done you just might end up with the best rink in the "O" As for the current line up, with a 3 game win streak, don't touch a thing until if and when they lose. Don't know what your bench looked like a month ago, but we were just a few rows behind it and all the palyers seemed very animated, talking it up and supporting each other, and that is half the battle. That goalie Willams, wow what a stud and you have Dansk as well ? Every team would love that problem. Your forwards were clicking, short shifts and lots of back checking,

Your D looked solid, I think the lines were Pelch, Donnay, Abraham and Kuleshov and then McDowell and Murphy. All the D looked solid, all big kids, who were playing smart. Pelch got 3 penalties in the game, but for the most part they killed them off. Looks like Eire is headed in the right direction for now. Good luck and have agreat Christmas, and I almost forgot, I think there were about 5,000 fans there, but they sounded more like 10,000. Without a doubt you have the loudest building in the "O"
Hope that you have a nice Christmas as well and glad to hear that you enjoyed the game. I love the atmosphere in Erie and it definitely gets loud in there sometimes. Erie ended the year with a perfect 3 for 3 so lets hope it carries over after the break. If the team can win consistently then those large loud crowds will be there every game.

Old
12-23-2012, 07:17 AM
Otters Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnightSpit View Post

Merry Christmas and im glad you enjoyed your time in Erie.
The one big thing i noticed was the energy the kids played with against Kitchener. That was the third game of the week for them and usally teams are a little flat that third game.
When these kids play with that kind of energy and back check like that this team can play with any in the OHL.

Old
12-25-2012, 10:54 PM
Styx and Stones

Merry Christmas to all. looks like it will be a rough ride back tomorrow!

Old
12-25-2012, 11:02 PM
OHLFan8771

Quote:
Originally Posted by Styx and Stones View Post
Merry Christmas to all. looks like it will be a rough ride back tomorrow!
Yeah I got a weather advisery warning on my phone. Have a safe travel back to Erie.

Old
12-29-2012, 12:02 PM
KnightSpit

Owen Sound Game and Line Up ?

Hope you all had a great Christmas and Boxing day. Saw some of the Owen Sound game on Rogers. Some line up changes for you guys, Murphy was on Forward, thought he was a D. One thing for sure, Owen Sound seems relentless in their puck pursuit. Also was Wood in the game, maybe he was but I did not notice. Thought Erie played better than the actual score indicated.

Any predictions on any trades before January 10, 2013, not just for Erie but any team. I think Windsor is going to make a major move, say like 2 or 3 players.

Good luck to you guys in the second half, I think that new coach will take Erie in the right direction.

Old
12-29-2012, 12:05 PM
KnightSpit

London Windsor Game

Wow
Did any of you see the London vs. Windsor game the other night? It was like old time hockey and one point almost getting out of control. If you have not see the game, it is worth watching again. Man London I think is gonna win it all, including the Memorial Cup, they just are so well balanced and look unstoppable.

I would think Erie has and Kitchener are great rivals, but that London / Windsor battle is pretty nasty.

Closed Thread