Wrestling Amateur, Pro, Mud, Jello, Real, Fake, and in between

Great interview: Big Show

Old
12-13-2012, 10:01 PM
Bad News Bears
MACHADO ABOUT NOTHIN

vCash: 500
Great interview: Big Show

Says it in the title. Show gives some really cool insight into character development, working with experience vs green, and Savage.

Bad News Bears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2012, 10:02 PM
M.C.G. 31

vCash: 50
I love wresting with Rosenberg interviews. Can't wait to check this one out.

"It's going to be great. I can't wait for the crowd, the noise, the energy in the building. I can't wait to take that all away from them."
- PK Subban
M.C.G. 31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-13-2012, 10:27 PM
Xenophobia Catalyst
Fear The Flash

Title did not lie. That was great.

Xenophobia Catalyst is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-14-2012, 08:04 AM
Bad News Bears
MACHADO ABOUT NOTHIN

The stuff he says about Ziggler is really interesting. At least it isn't just the IWC that want him as a face. The superkick stuff is also cool.

Bad News Bears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2012, 11:51 PM
M.C.G. 31

got around to listening to it, awesome interview.

- I know many in the IWC support Ziggler and thought he should have or should turn face (I've been calling for it since the summer), and I'm glad a wrestling mind like the Big Show sees it like that too. I'd love to see a Ziggler vs. Show program, maybe a World Championship match at the Rumble? Ziggler wins, playing the babyface role and then Big Show tries to beat down Ziggler in a fit of rage post match, but Mark Henry makes the return and makes the save?

- I'd love to see face Henry vs. heel Show, with the angle above being a nice place to start it. I never feel like their rivalry got a proper blow off. Henry got injured and they only had a five minute match at Tables, Ladders and Chairs in 2011. Pretty disappointing. The two should have a last man standing match to properly blow off their feud. That'd be a great WrestleMania match, IMO.

- Loved what he said about Randy Savage.

- Agreed with him on The Shield. There's this aura about them. It's great. It pulls a lot of people in.

No doubt in my mind when Big Show retires from the ring, he's going to have a backstage role with the WWE. He's got a great mind for the business and IMO, this heel run has rejuvenated him. I've enjoyed him a lot more recently, especially when this program with Sheamus started.

side note, any "Wrestling with Rosenberg" interview is a must to listen to. The guy just has great questions on and he's a genuine fan, so he's always in to it. I listened to the Shawn Michaels' interview earlier and it was fantastic. Shawn's reasoning for going clean was great and I'm surprised he brought up the real reasoning because up to that point, I had never heard it.

M.C.G. 31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2012, 01:01 PM
duckchobbins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince McMahon View Post
got around to listening to it, awesome interview.

- I know many in the IWC support Ziggler and thought he should have or should turn face (I've been calling for it since the summer), and I'm glad a wrestling mind like the Big Show sees it like that too. I'd love to see a Ziggler vs. Show program, maybe a World Championship match at the Rumble? Ziggler wins, playing the babyface role and then Big Show tries to beat down Ziggler in a fit of rage post match, but Mark Henry makes the return and makes the save?

- I'd love to see face Henry vs. heel Show, with the angle above being a nice place to start it. I never feel like their rivalry got a proper blow off. Henry got injured and they only had a five minute match at Tables, Ladders and Chairs in 2011. Pretty disappointing. The two should have a last man standing match to properly blow off their feud. That'd be a great WrestleMania match, IMO.

- Loved what he said about Randy Savage.

- Agreed with him on The Shield. There's this aura about them. It's great. It pulls a lot of people in.

No doubt in my mind when Big Show retires from the ring, he's going to have a backstage role with the WWE. He's got a great mind for the business and IMO, this heel run has rejuvenated him. I've enjoyed him a lot more recently, especially when this program with Sheamus started.

side note, any "Wrestling with Rosenberg" interview is a must to listen to. The guy just has great questions on and he's a genuine fan, so he's always in to it. I listened to the Shawn Michaels' interview earlier and it was fantastic. Shawn's reasoning for going clean was great and I'm surprised he brought up the real reasoning because up to that point, I had never heard it.
Have not watched the interview yet, but I love where your head is at with this feud development. I think it would be an extremely good build, it basically writes itself. Big Show and Henry actually had some half decent matches too, no doubt in my mind that they would deliver in a big way at WM.

duckchobbins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2012, 01:40 PM
Crimson Skorpion
HFB Partner

Awards:
Very insightful. I'm glad he went into full detail about how important story-telling is, in terms of getting a crowd emotionally invested. When he talked about how emotional it was for the crowd during the Michaels/Taker match at Wrestlemania, mainly due to them both being face and giving the crowd a hard time deciding who to cheer for, it reminded me of The Rock/Austin feud in the Attitude era, when both were face. Those matches were insane as well and the crowds were hot, basically because both were huge faces and the fans had no idea who to cheer for.

Great interview. Loved it.

Want to write for us? Head to lastwordonsports.com/writeforus and apply!
Crimson Skorpion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2012, 02:18 PM
parabola
Global Moderator
novus ordo seclorum

Heel Henry was one of the best thing ever.

parabola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2012, 06:10 PM
duckchobbins

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonSkorpion View Post
Very insightful. I'm glad he went into full detail about how important story-telling is, in terms of getting a crowd emotionally invested. When he talked about how emotional it was for the crowd during the Michaels/Taker match at Wrestlemania, mainly due to them both being face and giving the crowd a hard time deciding who to cheer for, it reminded me of The Rock/Austin feud in the Attitude era, when both were face. Those matches were insane as well and the crowds were hot, basically because both were huge faces and the fans had no idea who to cheer for.

Great interview. Loved it.
Everything he said was all so simple and made perfect sense, but I just never thought of it. His rant on the gross misuse of dips in tag matches was awesome, and he just seems like he really gets "it"

It was also nice to see him talk about how he prefers to "do the job" than go over.

I disagree with him saying he and Orton would have a good program though. That would suck Show needs to get back into a Wrestlemania program with face Mark Henry.

duckchobbins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2012, 10:51 PM
This
That

Big show with the spoiler.

This is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2012, 11:19 PM
Ozz

Pretty good Macho Man impression

Ozz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2012, 05:44 PM
Engebretson
Another GopherClone

vCash: 620
Awesome interview. Really makes you feel like Big Show would be a good choice for a backstage agent or even a trainer in NXT. He'd be a great mentor for the future big men or any young talent in the WWE.

Loved his talk about Savage too. I wonder how many guys can say that Hogan has pulled them aside and given them the kind of advice that Savage gave Show back in WCW? Yet another reason that Macho is probably my favorite wrestler of all time.

Engebretson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2012, 11:45 PM
Big Poppa Puck
Bring back JTG!

Great interview.

Looks like he was right about Super Kick he finished Cena with it last night.

Big Poppa Puck is offline   Reply With Quote