HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > St. Louis Blues
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Official Blues During the Lockout Thread

Closed Thread

Old
12-08-2012, 02:54 PM
STLPensFan

vCash: 500
Anyone jonesing for their hockey fix but unable to go to Peoria should consider going to see a SLU Hockey game. I was at an intense Mizzou-SLU rivalry game last night and was glad to support a local hockey college club team with the price of admission.

Here are the next three home games on their schedule from their website: http://hometeamsonline.com/teams/?u=...y&s=hockey&t=c

Friday, 1/18, 7:30 PM
vs McKendree
at Webster Groves Ice Arena

Saturday, 1/19, 4:00 PM
vs McKendree

Friday, 1/25, 7:30 PM
vs Louisville

Best part is Bettman and the owners can't lock these guys out and won't see a dime.

Old
12-08-2012, 04:01 PM
LOFIN

Something for you Blues from todays TPS-Jokerit game
(Russel, Shattenkirk vs Karlsson)

Russell hit on Tyrvainen (by SM-Liiga standards should have been a penalty but a nice by NA rules)

and Shattenkirk goal:

@ 1.38 (shorthanded goal BTW)

I love having these guys in my team . Hope they will play well for you aswell when this lockout is over.

Old
12-08-2012, 04:10 PM
MattyMo35
Schwartz Be With You

Damn, nice goal Shatty.

Old
12-08-2012, 04:53 PM
BlueDream

Yeah he made that look easy. Russell made his hit look easy too haha.

Hope you're enjoying them in Finland. Two smooth-skating offensive d-men that are fun to watch!

Old
12-08-2012, 07:23 PM
letmesleep

Damn, that Shatty goal was so good! He lays a hit while controlling the puck to give himself room for the shot.

Old
12-09-2012, 02:13 AM
bluemandan
Ya Ma Goo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by STLPensFan View Post
Anyone jonesing for their hockey fix but unable to go to Peoria should consider going to see a SLU Hockey game. I was at an intense Mizzou-SLU rivalry game last night and was glad to support a local hockey college club team with the price of admission.

Here are the next three home games on their schedule from their website: http://hometeamsonline.com/teams/?u=...y&s=hockey&t=c

Friday, 1/18, 7:30 PM
vs McKendree

Saturday, 1/19, 4:00 PM
vs McKendree

Friday, 1/25, 7:30 PM
vs Louisville

Best part is Bettman and the owners can't lock these guys out and won't see a dime.
And it looks like they play an 'away' game againt Lindenwood out in Wentzville on the 27th of January.

I know there are a decent number of posters and lurkers that live out this way, so I thought I'd share.

Old
12-16-2012, 03:37 AM
Crumblin Erb Brooks

http://prohockeytalk.nbcsports.com/2...under-old-cba/

This one slipped through the cracks. I'm am now strongly against 5-7 contract limits in the new CBA. Sounds like the two sides are interested in a long term deal when the lockout ends.

Old
12-16-2012, 02:08 PM
ManyIdeas

So what is going to happen with AMac if the season is lost? Resign here, elsewhere or retire?

Old
12-16-2012, 04:09 PM
SteenMachine

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManyIdeas View Post
So what is going to happen with AMac if the season is lost? Resign here, elsewhere or retire?
Hopefully resign him for less than 3M and start backing up a truckload of money to Edler's agent.

Honestly I think they'll work hard to bring him back; he was a big part of the team, benefits from a year of rest, so the age or injury stigmas are less worrisome, and is respected enough for his role and achievements here that I can easily see him accepting another contract.

What his contract will end up being has way more to do with the circumstantial aftermath of the CBA and if there is even a season to finish.

Old
12-17-2012, 02:55 PM
HANDZ 57
Trap = 4 letter word

vCash: 768
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crumblin Erb Brooks View Post
http://prohockeytalk.nbcsports.com/2...under-old-cba/

This one slipped through the cracks. I'm am now strongly against 5-7 contract limits in the new CBA. Sounds like the two sides are interested in a long term deal when the lockout ends.
I'd be completely fine with the Karlson deal for Petro. 7 years 45 mil seems like a good deal for both sides. 7 years is a pretty long time, but that's just me...

Old
12-17-2012, 03:06 PM
bluemandan
Ya Ma Goo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HANDZ 57 View Post
I'd be completely fine with the Karlson deal for Petro. 7 years 45 mil seems like a good deal for both sides. 7 years is a pretty long time, but that's just me...
I don't care what the length limit is, I like the idea of being able to resign for longer with the team that drafted you.

It would help teams retain their best players as the team would have something to offer them that no one else could.

Old
12-17-2012, 05:33 PM
bluesfan94
#BackesforSelke

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluemandan View Post
I don't care what the length limit is, I like the idea of being able to resign for longer with the team that drafted you.

It would help teams retain their best players as the team would have something to offer them that no one else could.
The only issue I'd have with that is what about someone like Lars Eller? Should the Blues really have a negotiating chip that no one else has simply because we drafted him? Or Rundblad, to use another example. Or should Colorado really have an extra advantage because they drafted Shattenkirk? Now if they make it such that the rule only applies if a player finishes his ELC/contract with the team that drafted him, should Montreal not have an extra advantage with someone like Aaron Palushaj (if he ever becomes anything), seeing as they essentially developed him?

Old
12-18-2012, 05:51 PM
bluemandan
Ya Ma Goo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesfan94 View Post
The only issue I'd have with that is what about someone like Lars Eller? Should the Blues really have a negotiating chip that no one else has simply because we drafted him? Or Rundblad, to use another example. Or should Colorado really have an extra advantage because they drafted Shattenkirk? Now if they make it such that the rule only applies if a player finishes his ELC/contract with the team that drafted him, should Montreal not have an extra advantage with someone like Aaron Palushaj (if he ever becomes anything), seeing as they essentially developed him?
Well, we can fix that easily by making it the team who held the players rights when their contract expires. That seems fair.

Old
12-18-2012, 06:10 PM
bleedblue1223
OMAHA!!!

vCash: 270
The proposed rule was and I think it should stay as proposed, was you can resign anyone of your players, regardless of how acquired for up to 7 years. If we tried to sign Johnson on the open market, we could only sign him for 5 years, and we'd be able to resign Shattenkirk or Stewart for 7 years.

I doubt the players would ever agree to this, but there should be some sort of limit on the length of contracts. Maybe a straight limit of 7 years, where the team that had the player previously can offer some other sort of incentive, whether it be more money or options for additional years, or something else.

Old
12-19-2012, 05:45 AM
SteenMachine

Quote:
Originally Posted by bleedblue1223 View Post
The proposed rule was and I think it should stay as proposed, was you can resign anyone of your players, regardless of how acquired for up to 7 years. If we tried to sign Johnson on the open market, we could only sign him for 5 years, and we'd be able to resign Shattenkirk or Stewart for 7 years.

I doubt the players would ever agree to this, but there should be some sort of limit on the length of contracts. Maybe a straight limit of 7 years, where the team that had the player previously can offer some other sort of incentive, whether it be more money or options for additional years, or something else.
I guess you could play around with term of NTC/NMC or flexibility concerning no-trade or only-trade lists. Something like your current team has more to offer than another team trying to just buy you out off the UFA market / offer sheet. With the intent of players being more dedicated to the club that earned them that market value, and keeping parity among the league with player's chasing the best offer not being able to black list a good trading partner just because they aren't ideal at the time.

Old
12-19-2012, 12:26 PM
bluemandan
Ya Ma Goo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteenMachine View Post
I guess you could play around with term of NTC/NMC or flexibility concerning no-trade or only-trade lists. Something like your current team has more to offer than another team trying to just buy you out off the UFA market / offer sheet. With the intent of players being more dedicated to the club that earned them that market value, and keeping parity among the league with player's chasing the best offer not being able to black list a good trading partner just because they aren't ideal at the time.
I think we would see the amount of deadline deals go back up too. If you trade for a guy, you would be the team controlling his rights, being able to offer him extra contract length and/or other bonuses that other teams can't.

Old
12-22-2012, 10:02 AM
Sushiko
Damn Blues

Man I miss watching the Blues, so much that I actually thought this morning I wouldn't even mind a Dr. Rick segment

Old
01-06-2013, 06:46 AM
EastonBlues22
Mod Supervisor
HFBoards: Night's Watch

Locking this thing up.

Good riddance!

Closed Thread