HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Colorado Avalanche
Notices

Ryan O'Reilly Signs With Magnitogorsk (2-yr deal)

Closed Thread

Old
12-10-2012, 12:20 PM
Bender
TheHockeyProspector

vCash: 7658
Quote:
Originally Posted by I am the Liquor View Post
Giordano could be Calgary's best player in their opinion and the opinion of many. Unfortunately most of the time these types of things (not saying this is that, we dont know either way AFAIK) usually produce a less than great return for the team that has to move the disgruntled player. Most of the time it is a quality for quantity type deal. Im sure and my example meant to express that the "blue chip" prospect type player that the Avs may get in return would be NHL ready.

Like a Brodin, Granlund, Klefbom, Jeff Schultz type player. Throw in a 2nd or a 3rd and a B type prospect and there you go.

Similar speculation could be floated Montreal's way in regards to Subban who is another high profile rfa with no deal atm. He hasnt signed a multi-year deal in Europe though.

Maybe there is something there that would benefit both teams?

Would that be a straight up deal? If not who would have to add and what would they have to add?
Ouch.

Old
12-11-2012, 12:00 AM
I am the Liquor

vCash: 3099
Ya, my mistake. I meant Justin Schultz.

Old
12-11-2012, 12:40 AM
NordsAvs4ever

vCash: 500
Come on guys are you serious factor is going nowhere stop it

Old
12-11-2012, 07:14 AM
Jaymond Flurrie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avs71 View Post
I didn't realize that in order for his out-clause to work, his contract with the Avs has to be worth more.

-CBS
Is "lucrative" 100% same thing than money in this context? If O'Reilly gets 2 million in Russia, can 1.8 million be more lucrative?

Old
12-11-2012, 08:04 AM
Soedy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymond Flurrie View Post
Is "lucrative" 100% same thing than money in this context? If O'Reilly gets 2 million in Russia, can 1.8 million be more lucrative?
yes. NTC, NMC, longer contract...

Old
12-11-2012, 10:09 AM
Jaymond Flurrie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soedy View Post
yes. NTC, NMC, longer contract...
Yes to which one? Yes it is the same thing or yes, 1.8 can be more lucrative than 2?

Old
12-11-2012, 10:19 AM
Lonewolfe2015

vCash: 239
Quote:
Yes to which one? Yes it is the same thing or yes, 1.8 can be more lucrative than 2?
Technically, lucrative is irrelevant according to the Russian KHL fans that translated the KHL rules to claim verbal agreements are non-binding in the KHL.

Furthermore, being that lucrative is not defined in text anywhere that we as fans know of, it cannot be determined whether a 1.8mil w/ NTC is more 'lucrative' than a 2mil KHL deal.

In theory, if we offered O'Reilly 1mil per year he could say that it was a more lucrative option for him to play in the NHL even if he were making 5 mil in the KHL. The response to that is anyone's best guess. Remember though that there are numerous options for O'Reilly, be it buying out his KHL contract, terminating it mutually or most likely ones we've yet to even uncover given the sensitive nature that is the NHL/KHL 'transfer agreement' for lack of a better term.

Old
12-11-2012, 11:34 AM
S E P H
@Krzysztof_WHL

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by ABasin View Post
A lot of us (myself included) have been talking about Gaunce "needing a bit more seasoning in the AHL" for a few years now. Will another year - or three years - of seasoning do for him what he needs to be a NHL player? Or is he simply an AHL-caliber player?

I'm torn between doing a bunch of wishful thinking, and the ghost of Johnny Boychuk past.
But look at Boychuk now! AB, you should know from all people on this board that besides goalers, defensemen take the most time to develop. Especially when it comes to shutdown defensemen who need to be adjusted with their timing, stick work, passing, and physicality to become a solid shutdown pair. Giving Gaunce top minutes in the AHL for 2-4 years is ok from me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by I am the Liquor View Post
Giordano could be Calgary's best player in their opinion and the opinion of many. Unfortunately most of the time these types of things (not saying this is that, we dont know either way AFAIK) usually produce a less than great return for the team that has to move the disgruntled player. Most of the time it is a quality for quantity type deal. Im sure and my example meant to express that the "blue chip" prospect type player that the Avs may get in return would be NHL ready.

Like a Brodin, Granlund, Klefbom, Jeff Schultz type player. Throw in a 2nd or a 3rd and a B type prospect and there you go.

Similar speculation could be floated Montreal's way in regards to Subban who is another high profile rfa with no deal atm. He hasnt signed a multi-year deal in Europe though.

Maybe there is something there that would benefit both teams?

Would that be a straight up deal? If not who would have to add and what would they have to add?
Actually I do think getting one of those players would be a benefit, if we had to lose ROR. I mean getting Boone Jenner+CBJ 1st (LAK)+maybe something else would be a solid deal for a RFA.

Old
12-11-2012, 03:19 PM
Kloparren
Hth

Oh wait all he's getting in Russia is $2 M? I thought it would be like $4 or something so that he could stick it to Sherman and Kroenke when they had to match it.

Old
12-11-2012, 03:47 PM
Bubba Thudd
Come At Me, Bro!

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuietCompany View Post
Oh wait all he's getting in Russia is $2 M? I thought it would be like $4 or something so that he could stick it to Sherman and Kroenke when they had to match it.
Where did you see 2 mil? I thought the terms hadn't been disclosed.

EDIT: from Lonewolfe's post? I don't think he was saying it is 2 mil. I think he was comparing 2 mil vs 1.8 mil + NMC

Old
12-12-2012, 03:48 AM
Soedy

Quote:
yes to a 1.8 mio $ contract can be more lucrative than a 2 mio $.

Old
12-12-2012, 10:51 AM
ABasin

Quote:
Originally Posted by S E P H View Post
But look at Boychuk now! AB, you should know from all people on this board that besides goalers, defensemen take the most time to develop. Especially when it comes to shutdown defensemen who need to be adjusted with their timing, stick work, passing, and physicality to become a solid shutdown pair. Giving Gaunce top minutes in the AHL for 2-4 years is ok from me.
Yeah, that's why I brought up Boychuk. I'm not down on Gaunce or anything. I've been pretty vocal in here over the years, discussing the subject of the Avs inability to develop a decent defensive defenseman through their system, so I'm watching Gaunce and Siemens in this respect.

I'm OK giving Gaunce the time (as it seems right now he'd be no more than a depth NHL defenseman, and more depth defensemen is something the Avs most certainly don't need right now), but was just wondering if the kid really has NHL skill. I suppose we'll just have to wait it out and see.

Old
12-12-2012, 11:44 AM
The Kingslayer

Would be pissed if the avs **** this up somehow

Old
12-12-2012, 12:14 PM
Foppa2118

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABasin View Post
Yeah, that's why I brought up Boychuk. I'm not down on Gaunce or anything. I've been pretty vocal in here over the years, discussing the subject of the Avs inability to develop a decent defensive defenseman through their system, so I'm watching Gaunce and Siemens in this respect.

I'm OK giving Gaunce the time (as it seems right now he'd be no more than a depth NHL defenseman, and more depth defensemen is something the Avs most certainly don't need right now), but was just wondering if the kid really has NHL skill. I suppose we'll just have to wait it out and see.
Moved my comment to the prospects thread, since it doesn't really have much to do with O'Reilly's new deal.

Last edited by Foppa2118: 12-12-2012 at 12:40 PM.
Old
12-12-2012, 12:24 PM
Lonewolfe2015

vCash: 239
You guys bring up Gaunce and Siemens, yet ignore Beaupre. I expect good things from him once he gets his chance in the AHL to turn heads.

E: Weird question, but can anyone clarify his contract/rights situation? He isn't signed with the Avs on Capgeek (thought he was) and we don't technically forfeit his rights until this summer iirc. So how exactly does one sign an AHL contract rather than stay in juniors?

Old
12-12-2012, 06:06 PM
Frenchy
Global Moderator

Guys, could you stay on topic plz

ty

Old
12-13-2012, 07:48 AM
ABasin

Moved to the prospects thread.

Sorry... :-)

Old
12-13-2012, 05:39 PM
Avs_19
Peter the Great

vCash: 202
Is the sky still falling or is everything cool now?

Old
12-13-2012, 06:16 PM
BoxOfChocolates

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avs_19 View Post
The trade's on hold until the CBA is signed.

Old
12-13-2012, 09:56 PM
Bender
TheHockeyProspector

vCash: 7658
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avs_19 View Post
It's not as much the sky falling as it is our atmosphere imploding onto itself. I know, it's all semantics.

Old
12-15-2012, 07:30 PM
Jaymond Flurrie

It is pretty sad how Avalanche are just ignoring players they are supposed to re-sign. I think at least Brunette, Fleischmann and now O'Reilly are in that category, but I think there were others too that never had anything leaked like "well Avs offered X and he refused" like there usually is about upcoming free agents.

Old
12-15-2012, 07:33 PM
BrickAHL
#WhyWilson?

vCash: 432
Quote:
It is pretty sad how Avalanche are just ignoring players they are supposed to re-sign. I think at least Brunette, Fleischmann and now O'Reilly are in that category, but I think there were others too that never had anything leaked like "well Avs offered X and he refused" like there usually is about upcoming free agents.
What? I'm pretty sure O'Reilly and the Avs were negotiating a lot during the summer. Plus why would they just ignore a RFA?

Old
12-16-2012, 05:39 AM
vorky
@vorkywh24

Old
12-16-2012, 02:57 PM
BrickAHL
#WhyWilson?

vCash: 432
Does anybody know when Sergei O'Reilly will play his first game?

Old
12-16-2012, 03:28 PM
vorky
@vorkywh24

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrickAHL View Post
Does anybody know when Sergei O'Reilly will play his first game?
if you mean Ryan and Magnitogorsk, so here is a schedule

Metallurg Mg=Metallurg Magnitogorsk

Closed Thread