NFL Talk (2013 Edition)

Old
12-11-2012, 10:25 PM
vBurmi
Blue-Line Dekes

vCash: 923
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweech View Post
Baltimore's in a slump and just fired their OC, I don't expect much from them.
Baltimore just fired their OC for a reason. I think they'll get better. They've got plenty of offensive talent that has never lived up to its promise under Cameron. Flacco is at least a half decent passer and Boldin/Smith are very good receivers. Add to that the ever-present threat of Rice both running and catching, they've got some potential to really turn it on at the end of the season.

I fully expect Baltimore will beat Denver. Book it.

vBurmi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2012, 10:55 PM
Sweech
COYS!

vCash: 2252
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hank Chinaski View Post
Woo! We got our own thread, awesome!

Seriously though, I'm worried if the Pats have to go into Reliant for a rubber match. The fact that they jumped on them early really put the Texans out of their element, they had to abandon the run early and put the game on Schaub's shoulders.
Yeah, I think Schaub has a sort of inferiority complex. When ever he faces the consensus "elite" QB's he tends to press more and make mistakes. Even though the Pats hung 42 on us I didn't think the defense was actually that bad. Typically the offense uses up clock time and keeps them fresh to shut down the opposing O. The D actually was holding them to 3 and outs at one point, but the offense couldn't do anything.

I'll have to re-look at film, but I don't think the game was as bad as the score suggests. We just screwed up a lot of big plays. Two forced fumbles that actually get recovered by the Pats for instance.

Regardless I feel bad for the Colts. Texans are going to play pissed off on Sunday and we all saw what happened to Baltimore after they lost to GB.

Last edited by Sweech: 12-11-2012 at 11:01 PM.
Sweech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2012, 08:53 AM
bigplay41
BIG MEECH

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to bigplay41
With Nick Foles looking pretty decent and a strong possibility of Andy Reid getting fired any one have an idea on where Vick will be next year? I'd guess Arizona or Buffalo

bigplay41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2012, 09:31 AM
Ziggy66

vCash: 1291
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingBogo View Post
MVP in the NFL is pretty much a QB award, so it will likely come down to the 2 best QB's and both on division winners...Manning and Brady.

I had a chuckle with the above. I'm a huge Manning fan and always liked the Broncos so Manning on the Broncos was a match made in heaven. And when the announcers gush about Manning I just agree.

However I hate the Patriots with a white hot passion (just short of my hatred of the Leafs) and when I listen to the game all I hear is Brady this and Brady that. Whelker goes 80 yards on a screen breaking 6 tackles and the credit goes to Brady.

My guess to a nuetral observer announcers gush over both equally and rightly so.
Well taken fact. Most announcers do gush over the top qbs on the play by play. Also agree that the MVP usually goes to the QB. Was referencing manning and AP for the comback player of the year award.

Ziggy66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2012, 09:35 AM
Ziggy66

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetNation View Post
With Nick Foles looking pretty decent and a strong possibility of Andy Reid getting fired any one have an idea on where Vick will be next year? I'd guess Arizona or Buffalo
Maybe the Vikings will pick him up as a backup. There is also rumor that Flynn may be looking out of Seattle as well. Poor guy. Stuck behind Rodgers , played lights out when he had a chance then got traded for a starting job and Russell blew everyone out of the water for the job. Can't believe the rookie QB talent that came in this season.

Old
12-12-2012, 10:08 AM
Hank Chinaski
Mod Supervisor

Quote:
I'll throw Jacksonville in there as well. Gabbert is looking like a bust, and I doubt they'll want Henne as their starting QB for 2013.

Hank Chinaski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2012, 10:30 AM
vBurmi
Blue-Line Dekes

Quote:
The NY Jets have been rumoured to be after Vick. In response to another poster: no one is getting Vick to be a backup, especially not the Vikings who have a much worse starting QB than Vick. He can still be extremely productive given a decent team around him as we saw a couple years ago - the Eagles are simply horrible, especially on O-line.

Old
12-12-2012, 11:14 AM
Ziggy66

Quote:
Originally Posted by vBurmi View Post
The NY Jets have been rumoured to be after Vick. In response to another poster: no one is getting Vick to be a backup, especially not the Vikings who have a much worse starting QB than Vick. He can still be extremely productive given a decent team around him as we saw a couple years ago - the Eagles are simply horrible, especially on O-line.
Tru tru. I've only seen a handful of his games this season and his O line has made him a turnover machine. Would be tough IMO to trust him as a starter

Old
12-12-2012, 03:51 PM
Sweech
COYS!

Quote:
If I as Vick I'd go with Buffalo. Arizona's offensive line is just as bad as Philadelphia's.

Old
12-16-2012, 02:06 PM
JustGivingEr
How far we done fell

vCash: 1125

JustGivingEr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2012, 02:09 PM
JetsHomer

Damn Baltimore and Indy need to get there heads in the games. I want NE to get the bye

JetsHomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2012, 02:33 PM
vBurmi
Blue-Line Dekes

Flacco is unbelievably terrible. I hope they can replace him this offseason. Great running back, great receivers, above average o-line and a defense that has given them tons of chances today, and Flacco is overthrowing wide open receivers, fumbling and throwing easy picks.

Put the backup in for the second half for all I care.

Old
12-16-2012, 03:25 PM
ps241
HFBoards Sponsor

Battling in the semis of my fantasy league. I came inches from starting Freeman in New Orleans because of the match up but flipped back to Aaron Rogers outdoors in a tougher match up. I thought if I loose because I benched Rogers I won't be able to live with myself for getting too cute.

Narrow escape on that flip flop......close match up still.

ps241 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2012, 04:20 PM
Lynk
Registered Bro

Adrian ****ing Peterson, man.

Guy is absolutely unreal.

Lynk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2012, 04:29 PM
Hammer Slammer

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to Hammer Slammer
The Chargers game just started and I already don't want to watch anymore.

Hammer Slammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2012, 04:57 PM
Boreal

Go Browns Go.... ... ... ... ... oh.

Boreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2012, 05:02 PM
King Woodballs
MVP! MVP! MVP!

Who is this peterson fellow people are talking about?
I heard he was a bust

King Woodballs is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2012, 05:03 PM
Lynk
Registered Bro

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Woodballs View Post
Who is this peterson fellow people are talking about?
I heard he was a bust
He's the running back for the team you cheer for, silly.

Lynk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2012, 05:07 PM
King Woodballs
MVP! MVP! MVP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynk View Post
He's the running back for the team you cheer for, silly.
I thought everyone was talking about patrick peterson

Old
12-16-2012, 05:18 PM
Sweech
COYS!

JJ Watt is a monster. 3 sacks (will probably be bumped to 3.5 after league review), 3 TFL.

If he does indeed get 3.5 sacks that would mean he would need 3 more in the last 2 games to break the overall record. He also leads the league in tackles for loss, leads his team in tackles. ALL from a 3-4 DE, completely unheard of.

Not to mention he broke the batted passes + sacks combo record weeks ago.

I'm beyond pissed that MVP is essentially a QB only award. If JJ doesn't get it I don't think a defensive player could ever win it again.

Edit: I also forgot to mention his forced fumble on the goal line (3 straight games with a forced fumble). He's just ridiculous.

Last edited by Sweech: 12-16-2012 at 05:29 PM.
Old
12-16-2012, 06:32 PM
Duir
Registered Bunk

Quote:
JJ Watt is a monster. 3 sacks (will probably be bumped to 3.5 after league review), 3 TFL.

If he does indeed get 3.5 sacks that would mean he would need 3 more in the last 2 games to break the overall record. He also leads the league in tackles for loss, leads his team in tackles. ALL from a 3-4 DE, completely unheard of.

I'm beyond pissed that MVP is essentially a QB only award. If JJ doesn't get it I don't think a defensive player could ever win it again.

Edit: I also forgot to mention his forced fumble on the goal line (3 straight games with a forced fumble). He's just ridiculous.
You are totally right. Check out this vid, 6'5" and 295lbs....no big deal.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P0gsgyY_QW0

Like a boss.

Duir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2012, 06:37 PM
Hank Chinaski
Mod Supervisor

Quote:

No doubt about it, he's having a remarkable season.

Fact is though, some positions are just intrinsically more valuable than others, which is why the MVP award has essentially been a most valuable QB/RB award. My guess is that the Texans would still be a playoff team without Watt in their lineup, you can't say the same for the Vikings and Broncos without AD and Peyton, respectively.

I will say this, I don't think J.J. Watt would be an undeserving winner. I'd be interested in hearing from some oldtimers how J.J.'s dominance compares to Lawrence Taylor in '86, the last time a defensive guy won MVP.

Hank Chinaski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2012, 06:39 PM
Holden Caulfield
The Eternal Skeptic

Buccaneers

Holden Caulfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2012, 06:49 PM
King Woodballs
MVP! MVP! MVP!

Yes Watt is having a great year
Yes, he is going to win DPOY.
And after today, it's not really close.

But with the way Manning, Peterson, and Brady are all playing, he is 4th in line at best for mvp

Old
12-16-2012, 06:57 PM
Sweech
COYS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hank Chinaski View Post
No doubt about it, he's having a remarkable season.

Fact is though, some positions are just intrinsically more valuable than others, which is why the MVP award has essentially been a most valuable QB/RB award. My guess is that the Texans would still be a playoff team without Watt in their lineup, you can't say the same for the Vikings and Broncos without AD and Peyton, respectively.

I will say this, I don't think J.J. Watt would be an undeserving winner. I'd be interested in hearing from some oldtimers how J.J.'s dominance compares to Lawrence Taylor in '86, the last time a defensive guy won MVP.
I'd actually put their season in serious doubt. Honestly without Watt they'd be doing very rough, he's come up big and literally won games for this team.