HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

NFL Thread VII: Cue the Mid-Season Slide

Closed Thread

Old
12-16-2012, 03:57 PM
ImIdaho
Choo-Choo-Choose me!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueshirtBlitz View Post
We throw words like "terrible" and "awful" and whatnot around way too easily in this thread, myself included. Tynes isn't a "terrible" kicker. He doesn't have a monster leg like a Seabass or Akers but the guy has been big for us when it matters.
He missed two field goals against Philly; first one wouldn't have counted as Reid called the timeout but still.

He misses a field goal in the closing minutes of the second quarter which allows the Steelers to go down field and score a TD.

We lose against the Skins by one point, same game where he misses a FG.

I'm not pinning his miss in this game as it wouldn't make a difference, but there have been games where he did screw the pooch.

Old
12-16-2012, 03:58 PM
LeetchisGod
HL30 + McD27 4 Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhawkswincup View Post
Giants chances for playoffs still look alot better then another choking pathetic team

Bears for 2nd straight year will miss playoffs. This years collapse is worse

Last year = 7-3 ,, Finish 8-8
This year = 7-1 ,, Finish ?
The Bears o-line is atrocious. They are never going anywhere until that is addressed. Their 7-1 record was a mirage. It was the result of a cupcake early schedule and their defense scoring an unsustainable amount of points.

Old
12-16-2012, 04:02 PM
Fitzy
Relative to what?

vCash: 50
Even if we win both our remaining games we still have at best a 50-50 shot of getting in.

12-16-2012, 04:05 PM
Machinehead
Richards Supporter

Quote:
We throw words like "terrible" and "awful" and whatnot around way too easily in this thread, myself included. Tynes isn't a "terrible" kicker. He doesn't have a monster leg like a Seabass or Akers but the guy has been big for us when it matters.
When exactly has he been big for us when it matters?

When he hit a game winning field goal in the NFC Championship game in '07 after he missed the first two, or was it the one last year that he hit from 31 yards out straight down the middle?

Old
12-16-2012, 04:10 PM
Kershaw

Cant believe people blaming Eli. Our o-line is absolutely garbage. I really feel that watching Diehl makes me think that I can go out and make a NFL roster.

Old
12-16-2012, 04:13 PM
ImIdaho
Choo-Choo-Choose me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antithesis View Post
Even if we win both our remaining games we still have at best a 50-50 shot of getting in.
Dependent on whether the Cowboys win today. They lose today and we win out, we're in.

Old
12-16-2012, 04:17 PM
Blackhawkswincup
Global Moderator

vCash: 200
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeetchisGod View Post
The Bears o-line is atrocious. They are never going anywhere until that is addressed. Their 7-1 record was a mirage. It was the result of a cupcake early schedule and their defense scoring an unsustainable amount of points.
Bears have bombed on last 2 1st round lineman (Chris Williams and Gabe Carimi)

I dont see anything on horizon that will fix Bears OL unless a new coach comes in with his people and replaces Lovie/Tice

Old
12-16-2012, 04:32 PM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Machinehead View Post
When exactly has he been big for us when it matters?

When he hit a game winning field goal in the NFC Championship game in '07 after he missed the first two, or was it the one last year that he hit from 31 yards out straight down the middle?
Oh you know, nailing the gamewinning field goals in awful conditions in the NFCCG both years we won the super bowl. Having the most converted points from FG's attempted for a kicker this year. Nothing big. I'd gladly get rid of a scrub like him for somebody like Billy Cundiff.

Old
12-16-2012, 04:45 PM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

If we're using Tynes as the bechmark to qualify what a terrible kicker is than there's maybe 3 "okay" kickers in the league and then everybody else is a mockery of the position.

Old
12-16-2012, 05:10 PM
The Dark Passenger
HFNYR Blues GM

According to Ralph Vacciano (sp?) if the Giants win out they are guaranteed a wild card birth.

Old
12-16-2012, 05:11 PM
Machinehead
Richards Supporter

Quote:
Oh you know, nailing the gamewinning field goals in awful conditions in the NFCCG both years we won the super bowl. Having the most converted points from FG's attempted for a kicker this year. Nothing big. I'd gladly get rid of a scrub like him for somebody like Billy Cundiff.
Tynes has the most points because the Giants are ass in the redzone and kick 10 field goals every night.

And like I said, in the championship games, in the first one Tynes missed two easy winning kicks and almost lost us the game, and the one against San Francisco was a chip shot that even Billy Cundiff could have made.

Old
12-16-2012, 05:13 PM
silverfish
Comfortably Numb

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Passenger View Post
According to Ralph Vacciano (sp?) if the Giants win out they are guaranteed a wild card birth.
Yep. Thank you, Tampa

Still becoming all too predictable though. Convincing win in Baltimore, **** the bed at home against the Eagles.

Old
12-16-2012, 05:24 PM
Clowes Line
Cally's Chicken Parm

Quote:
So you mean if they win their last two games, they win the Superbowl, correct?

12-16-2012, 05:37 PM
Machinehead
Richards Supporter

Quote:
Yep.

This is all because the Cowboys and Redskins play each other. One of them WILL have 7 losses.

The 4 teams that can catch the Giants for a wilcard if they win out are the Bears, the Vikings, the Cowboys, and Redskins. The Giants need to beat 3 of them.

If the Giants finish 10-6:

Either the Boys or Skins will have 7 losses. That's one.

The Bears can still finish 10-6 but have 5 conference losses. If they Giants win out they finish 8-4 in the Conference. That's two.

The Vikings also can finish 10-6 but also have 5 conference losses, so ditto for them. That's three.

Old
12-16-2012, 05:37 PM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Machinehead View Post
Tynes has the most points because the Giants are ass in the redzone and kick 10 field goals every night.

And like I said, in the championship games, in the first one Tynes missed two easy winning kicks and almost lost us the game, and the one against San Francisco was a chip shot that even Billy Cundiff could have made.
Yeah, except if Tynes was actually terrible we would have a worse record since we rely on him to bail us out. And you literally can't say "even Billy Cundiff could have made it" to the one in SF because it's precisely that type of kick that he missed . I think you're either overrating how good kickers are league wide or just underrating Tynes. Fact of the matter is, if Lawrence was really "terrible" we'd be ****ed since the Giants as a team are ACTUALLY terrible in the red zone.

Old
12-16-2012, 05:41 PM
Machinehead
Richards Supporter

Quote:
Yeah, except if Tynes was actually terrible we would have a worse record since we rely on him to bail us out. And you literally can't say "even Billy Cundiff could have made it" to the one in SF because it's precisely that type of kick that he missed :haha:. I think you're either overrating how good kickers are league wide or just underrating Tynes. Fact of the matter is, if Lawrence was really "terrible" we'd be ****ed since the Giants as a team are ACTUALLY terrible in the red zone.
Tynes has absolutely no range. Anything past 45 is asking for trouble and anything past 50 is Russian Roulette with 5 bullets. That being said he can't be missing from 30-40 which is exactly what he's been doing, and he's been prone to these misses for a long time.

Yes he's been efficient in the redzone, you're right about that. But given his lack of distance he needs to be near perfect in the redzone.

Old
12-16-2012, 05:50 PM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

I agree...and he has been. He's missed easy FGs in the past few weeks...but considering he was literally 100% from his range before he missed just two FGs absolves him from being "terrible."

Old
12-16-2012, 06:52 PM
GWOW
Two Pucks, One Cup

Dallas has won five of six.

Washington five in a row.

I mean, really?

This is nuts. Just nuts. Everything has gone both teams way...calls, bounces, other teams mistakes etc.

Old
12-16-2012, 06:53 PM
GWOW
Two Pucks, One Cup

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImIdaho View Post
No ****.
The point is that when you get shutout, it's kinda hard to blame a defense.

Eli was pathetic today.

Old
12-16-2012, 06:56 PM
GWOW
Two Pucks, One Cup

I will seriously buy a Jets jersey and wear if every day month for a month if the Jets make the playoffs and the Giants dont

And I'm no Jets hater at all. It just shows how crazy the NFL season can be.

Old
12-16-2012, 07:02 PM
NYRKING30

Is it time to be worried as a Giants fan? I can't even believe this.

Old
12-16-2012, 07:08 PM
GWOW
Two Pucks, One Cup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tortorella View Post
Cant believe people blaming Eli. Our o-line is absolutely garbage. I really feel that watching Diehl makes me think that I can go out and make a NFL roster.
Those two picks were kinda unforced. The missed bomb to Nicks (I think) was unforced. Missing Nicks wide open over the middle for 30 yards was unforced.

I mean, his rating was 40.7

I love Eli. He's a franchise QB and an elite clutch QB, and he's obviously the MVP of the team.

Since the SF game (8 games):

9 TD's 10 INT
1 x game over 300 yards (none in last 7 games)
4 x games with 0 TD's

I mean, he's got 7 TD's in the last two wins, but only two in the other six games.

I think he snaps out of it next week. Trust me, I have faith in him. I'm just pointing out that it's yet another Jekyll and Hyde second half for him.

Old
12-16-2012, 07:15 PM
Bob Richards
Global Moderator
Mr. Mojo Risin'

That was absolutely atrocious. Luckily we still control our own destiny and our remaining schedule isn't too hard.

12-16-2012, 08:30 PM
ImIdaho
Choo-Choo-Choose me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GWOW View Post
The point is that when you get shutout, it's kinda hard to blame a defense.

Eli was pathetic today.
It's not hard to blame the defense, especially this defense.

I'm not absolving the turd Eli laid in this game; I'm just not glossing over what this D did..which was what? One sack? An almost interception by Blackburn?

Suspect secondary with players left open, can't get the opposing QB to land on his ass, suspect run defense, the disappearing act by our DL.

Old
12-16-2012, 08:49 PM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

Send a message via AIM to Bird Law
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tortorella View Post
I take it you didn't watch the game. If you Tivo'd it, come back to us after you see how bad Eli was.

"Okay, Joel. You've had your fun. Give your brother his pads back." - Trxjw
Closed Thread