HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Notices

Official Oil Kings Thread: 2012-2013

Closed Thread

Old
12-13-2012, 01:01 AM
Moonlapse Vertigo
Katz n' MacT BFFs

vCash: 500
Oh man, I feel so awful for Inglis. They interviewed him in between periods on top of everything else and he gushed about the Kamloops organization. What a lousy night for that young man.

Old
12-13-2012, 01:04 AM
I am the Liquor

vCash: 8345
Quote:
Originally Posted by 40oz View Post
Thanks for the video.

Should be noted that the Blazers dropped Inglis after this game to open up another o/a spot. He had 5 assists in 11 games for them, obviously that wasn't good enough for the Blazers but man is it tough being a 21 year old in the WHL.
He is a dbag.

Looks like Kamloops just figured it out.

Old
12-13-2012, 01:25 AM
monkeywrench

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonlapse Vertigo View Post
Oh man, I feel so awful for Inglis. They interviewed him in between periods on top of everything else and he gushed about the Kamloops organization. What a lousy night for that young man.
I don't he is a locker room cancer.

Old
12-13-2012, 02:09 AM
The Nuge
Farewell Smytty

vCash: 1026
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Forever View Post
I love guys that smile while fighting. They look like ****ing psychopaths. Atta boy Moroz.
Agreed. If he can prove to be compent enough offensively to be put out on a skill line, that'll be huge for us. Everytime one of our young guys got run, I was wishing for a guy like Moroz

Old
12-13-2012, 10:38 PM
MoneyGuy

So, what do folks think? Is it good or bad for the OKs that Broissoit was cut from the Canadian junior team? I wanted to see Jarry get a good shot and JB play in this tourney but this definitely strengthens the team. JB is a Flames prospect and I don't mind seeing them get their panties in a knot. Not sure how I feel about this.

Old
12-13-2012, 10:53 PM
I am the Liquor

I was looking forward to Jarry getting a good string of games in. I think he has been better than Brossoit this year.

Feel bad for LB. He played well in the camp, while Subban was not very good at all. Apparently that means nothing, nor does his incredible run in the playoffs winning mvp. Why invite him to camp if he had no chance?

Very poorly handled and smacks of OHL bias.

They need a full time U-20 Canadian coach, independent of the three CHL leagues imo. Oh and fire that idiot Prendergast. Maybe we can convince the Americans to hire him and destroy their program?

Old
12-13-2012, 10:54 PM
smokersarejokers

I think it's probably a good thing for the Oil Kings. LB's going to work his ass off to prove Hockey Canada wrong. Same thing happened to Bunz last year.

Laxdal should still give Jarry a few more starts before playoffs though.

I wish one of them could play defence. No Reinhart, Musil, or Mayo for the next couple of weeks is going to be tough.

Old
12-13-2012, 10:59 PM
puckfan13

Quote:
Originally Posted by I am the Liquor View Post
I was looking forward to Jarry getting a good string of games in. I think he has been better than Brossoit this year.

Feel bad for LB. He played well in the camp, while Subban was not very good at all. Apparently that means nothing, nor does his incredible run in the playoffs winning mvp. Why invite him to camp if he had no chance?

Very poorly handled and smacks of OHL bias.

They need a full time U-20 Canadian coach, independent of the three CHL leagues imo. Oh and fire that idiot Prendergast. Maybe we can convince the Americans to hire him and destroy their program?
Just because Subban played bad in the camp his dominance in the OHL this year and last should be ignored? The camp means nothing. Brossoit played bad in the Mem Cup and summer series and has not dominated the WHL this year as well. Obviously you have to get the stink off those performances a bit. He's been merely good and one of the top goaltenders in the league - but not dominant by any stretch. His playoff-winning MVP is what got him on the radar in the first place, it's not enough to carry him all the way to the starting job. I really believe camp play should mean nothing for goaltenders, and by that virtue, I agree LB should in fact be there, but ahead of Paterson not Subban who has proven he more than deserves to be there.

It's not the end of the world and the only reason I am not a fan of this is because I also wanted Jarry to get more starts but this isn't the end of the world for Team Canada or the Oil Kings.

Old
12-13-2012, 11:09 PM
I am the Liquor

Quote:
Originally Posted by oilsp1ll View Post
Just because Subban played bad in the camp his dominance in the OHL this year and last should be ignored? The camp means nothing. Brossoit played bad in the Mem Cup and summer series and has not dominated the WHL this year as well. Obviously you have to get the stink off those performances a bit. He's been merely good and one of the top goaltenders in the league - but not dominant by any stretch. His playoff-winning MVP is what got him on the radar in the first place, it's not enough to carry him all the way to the starting job. I really believe camp play should mean nothing for goaltenders, and by that virtue, I agree LB should in fact be there, but ahead of Paterson not Subban who has proven he more than deserves to be there.

It's not the end of the world and the only reason I am not a fan of this is because I also wanted Jarry to get more starts but this isn't the end of the world for Team Canada or the Oil Kings.
Precisely. So why bother with it at all? Just name the roster and have them get together for a week of practice and a couple scrimmages against CIS teams, preferably UofA and UofS.

I agree with the rest of your post for the most part. I feel bad not only for LB, but also for Jarry. Big blow for both guys.

I dont think Subban is all that and I wouldnt be surprised if he craps the bed at the most crucial time over there (ie against Russia).

Old
12-13-2012, 11:30 PM
puckfan13

Quote:
Precisely. So why bother with it at all? Just name the roster and have them get together for a week of practice and a couple scrimmages against CIS teams, preferably UofA and UofS.

I agree with the rest of your post for the most part. I feel bad not only for LB, but also for Jarry. Big blow for both guys.

I dont think Subban is all that and I wouldnt be surprised if he craps the bed at the most crucial time over there (ie against Russia).
I think the camp has some value for the forwards and D but they do invite too many players to begin with. They should cut down the invite list so it's just those battles for roster spots that they have on the last day and not waste everyone's time, especially those players with such a minimal chance of making it. But yes, the goalies should totally be named prior to camp and use it to get acclimated and comfortable.

Disagree about Subban though, I think he'll be really good in the tourney and emerge but we shall see.

Happiest guy out of all of this has to be Laxdal though. Sounded from interviews all week he was secretly hoping LB didn't make it for the sake of the team haha.

Old
12-14-2012, 01:00 AM
Q Continuum
You are Wrong

vCash: 691
I gotta wonder how the team will be able to trust Subban in big games like the Russians when he gets lit up by the ****ing Golden Bears.

Old
12-14-2012, 01:02 AM
puckfan13

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewOilRising View Post
I gotta wonder how the team will be able to trust Subban in big games like the Russians when he gets lit up by the ****ing Golden Bears.
Golden Bears who have played together all year and were some of the top scorers on their WHL teams years ago and have even more years of experience since then?

Old
12-14-2012, 01:08 AM
Q Continuum
You are Wrong

vCash: 691
Quote:
Originally Posted by oilsp1ll View Post
Golden Bears who have played together all year and were some of the top scorers on their WHL teams years ago and have even more years of experience since then?
Golden Bears who are nowhere near as skilled as the Russians or Americans?

This reeks of Eastern bias.

The Russians are smiling at this right now. They have this tournament by the balls now.

Old
12-14-2012, 01:35 AM
I am the Liquor

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewOilRising View Post
Golden Bears who are nowhere near as skilled as the Russians or Americans?

This reeks of Eastern bias.

The Russians are smiling at this right now. They have this tournament by the balls now.
Team Canada sat half their regulars for that game. The Bears are one of the best teams in the CIS, with four and five year WHL guys throughout the lineup. They are not scrubs.

Subban's poor performance was alarming though. The last goal he let in was completely soft. Any of that in Ufa and we are done for. I would start Patterson. Honestly.

Old
12-16-2012, 11:03 AM
monkeywrench

Really good game last night other than the 1st period. Moroz played an all around game and won his fight. Another solid game by Jarry. Defenceman played a solid. I really think Corbett and Sautner have picked up their games.

Old
12-16-2012, 07:28 PM
40oz

Oil Kings are just wrapping up a game against Regina with a 8-1 lead. St Croix with half the goals.

Old
12-16-2012, 07:30 PM
Moonlapse Vertigo
Katz n' MacT BFFs

Man, they're really starting to gel minus their two best defencemen. lol

Old
12-16-2012, 07:41 PM
40oz

Seems like Samuelsson has been on a tear since not getting an invite to the US WJC camp.

Old
12-16-2012, 07:45 PM
Moonlapse Vertigo
Katz n' MacT BFFs

Lazar's producing like he was in the playoffs too.

Old
12-16-2012, 08:17 PM
I am the Liquor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonlapse Vertigo View Post
Man, they're really starting to gel minus their two best defencemen. lol
Three best defencemen.

Old
12-17-2012, 12:11 AM
smokersarejokers

Quote:
Three best defencemen.
I couldn't think of the 3rd guy, and then it hit me: MARTY GERNAT!

That'll be a great Ukrainian Christmas present when he comes back.

Old
12-17-2012, 12:46 AM
Lux Aurumque*

Haven't been to a game in a few weeks. Really wanted to go today, but I got busy with other things. Blahh.

Old
12-17-2012, 06:59 AM
CanadianCommie
Cold North Comrade

After their signature slow start, the Oil Kings pounded the Pats 8-1. St. Croix with 4 goals.

Brissoit was in net. It was a good game for him to regain some confidence after getting cut; he didn't face a ton of pressure, but did need to make a few big saves early on as the Oil Kings were being a bit sluggish.

Old
12-18-2012, 08:19 PM
40oz

Last game of the year against Calgary goes down tonight... Hopefully the Oil Kings can get the last laugh.

Old
12-18-2012, 08:30 PM
I am the Liquor

1-0 Hitmen. Greg Chase scores.

Oil Kings getting owned for the last ten minutes or so.

Samuelsson scores a shorty on a nice feed from Lazar.

1-1 in the second.

Hitmen pbp guy keeps calling Baddock............Ba-duck. Its driving me crazy.

Moroz scores on the pp to make it 2-1 Oil Kings.

Edmonton all over Calgary right now.

Samuelsson scores ANOTHER shorthanded goal to make it 3-1.

End of the second.

Last edited by I am the Liquor: 12-18-2012 at 09:24 PM.
Closed Thread