HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Colorado Avalanche
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

In-season Proposals, Rumors, Free Agents & Roster Moves (related topics here) XXX

Closed Thread

Old
12-08-2012, 09:18 AM
Lonewolfe2015

vCash: 239
Two* centers, remember that O'Reilly is now KHL property and worth very little in a trade.

Old
12-08-2012, 09:38 AM
Pierce Hawthorne
Formerly Avsare1

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonewolfe2015 View Post
Two* centers, remember that O'Reilly is now KHL property and worth very little in a trade.
Good point, so we would probably have to add our next 3 1sts in order to get Gardiner, because Orielly now has negative value as clearly him signing in the KHL was his way of say screw you to the Avs and he wants out.

Old
12-16-2012, 01:29 PM
Daddy Longlegs

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrickAHL View Post
Or if we do make this trade then in a year or two, we might be begging for a trade back.
You can't go wrong with a power forward in the making in the making like Evander Kane! Trading Duchene for him would be in Colorados best interest in the long run. I say do it sooner rather than later.

Old
12-16-2012, 02:56 PM
BrickAHL
#NotUs

vCash: 432
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daddy Longlegs View Post
You can't go wrong with a power forward in the making in the making like Evander Kane! Trading Duchene for him would be in Colorados best interest in the long run. I say do it sooner rather than later.
And we can't go wrong with keeping a guy like Duchene who has all the potential in the world!

Old
12-16-2012, 06:06 PM
Frenchy
Global Moderator

vCash: 3375
Quote:
Duchene had a bad season with a lot of injuries, i'm not giving up on him so quickly.
Especially vs a guy like kane who had rumours of questionable work ethic and off ice drama. Again , that was just rumours , but no thanks .

Last edited by Frenchy: 12-16-2012 at 08:28 PM. Reason: typo
Old
12-16-2012, 07:10 PM
Huis Clos*
Creamy Hamstrings

Quote:
Power forwards are overrated.

Old
12-16-2012, 07:19 PM
Nihiliste
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 542
Quote:
If you can't go wrong with Kane maybe your team should just keep him?

Old
12-16-2012, 07:26 PM
Foppa2118

vCash: 50
Looking ahead to the offseason. Mark Streit will be a UFA. He's a lefty, and just turned 35, but seems like the kind of guy that might maintain his play into his late 30's. He missed all of 2010-11 with a shoulder injury, but had been pretty healthy his career apart from that, and returned to pay all 82 games, and put up 47 points last year. He's currently playing for Bern and has 22 points in 26 games, so it seems fairly safe that his shoulder injury isn't a huge concern.

Seems like a good partner for EJ, and it wouldn't cost us anything in trade. Anybody interested, and what would you offer? Anyone willing to go with the same 4x4 deal Jones and PAP got? He'd be 39 at the end of the deal.

Old
12-16-2012, 07:30 PM
BrickAHL
#NotUs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foppa2118 View Post
Looking ahead to the offseason. Mark Streit will be a UFA. He's a lefty, and just turned 35, but seems like the kind of guy that might maintain his play into his late 30's. He missed all of 2010-11 with a shoulder injury, but had been pretty healthy his career apart from that, and returned to pay all 82 games, and put up 47 points last year.

Seems like a good partner for EJ, and it wouldn't cost us anything in trade. Anybody interested, and what would you offer? Anyone willing to go with the same 4x4 deal Jones and PAP got? He'd be 39 at the end of the deal.
Streit will get more than 4x4. I would be willing to give him a 3 year 17-18 million dollar deal.

Old
12-16-2012, 07:31 PM
chet1926

Quote:
So you're willing to trade a guy (Duchene) who has 80pts potential (I know he was bad last year but a lot of that had to do with injuries and mixing and matching lines) for a guy Kane who has attitude problems and will probably max out as a 35/30 winger.

That would be a dumb trade for the franchise.

Old
12-16-2012, 07:34 PM
BrickAHL
#NotUs

Quote:
Originally Posted by chet1926 View Post
So you're willing to trade a guy (Duchene) who has 80pts potential (I know he was bad last year but a lot of that had to do with injuries and mixing and matching lines) for a guy Kane who has attitude problems and will probably max out as a 35/30 winger.

That would be a dumb trade for the franchise.
What makes Duchene have that much more potential than Kane?

Old
12-16-2012, 07:36 PM
Foppa2118

Quote:
Streit will get more than 4x4. I would be willing to give him a 3 year 17-18 million dollar deal.
I don't know. That's a lot of dough for him, especially as a 38 year old. Then again, he might be worth it the first two year, and they can just weather the third.

Old
12-16-2012, 07:42 PM
CoachBadkitten
Matt Hunwick

I would love Streit on the Avs and no doubt he would help. A 2 year deal is what I'd prefer but I'd be ok with 3.

Old
12-16-2012, 07:43 PM
chet1926

Quote:
What makes Duchene have that much more potential than Kane?
Kane's game is very limited he is a classic power forward, Duchene is fast/creative center. I'll take my chances with the creative center over a power winger.

Old
12-16-2012, 07:45 PM
BrickAHL
#NotUs

Quote:
I don't know. That's a lot of dough for him, especially as a 38 year old. Then again, he might be worth it the first two year, and they can just weather the third.
It is a lot but he would be a really good partner for EJ and I think he could mentor Barrie and Elliott as well. Plus for the first two years, I think he would easily be worth it. The third year, he might not be worth it but there is also a chance that he is worth it because we don't know if his play will trail off and I think it's worth taking the risk because we need a player like him.

Old
12-16-2012, 07:46 PM
Nihiliste
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 542
Streit probably wouldn't be happy with anything less than a 3 year deal, and I would love to have him on the Avs.

I'm not sure that I see him leaving the east though.

Old
12-17-2012, 09:58 AM
Avs71

Quote:
It would probably be something similar to Gonchar in Ottawa. 3 years, 16 million, no trade clause. Hopefully he wouldn't show the same decline as Gonchar. I'd hate for a guy like Streit to screw over being able to retain a young player 3 years down the road.

Old
12-20-2012, 09:09 AM
Bender
TheHockeyProspector

vCash: 7658
Quote:
Too late.

Seriously, what a ****tard. Is it too much to ask that during a lockout, you DON'T do anything completely retard to antagonize the fans? You know, the people that are essentially enabling you to make $5M+ per year??

Yes, Daddy Longlegs, it would TOTALLY be in our best interest to trade Duchene for this genius ASAP!!!

His value is skyrocketting!!! Look at all that money!!!

Old
01-01-2013, 03:10 PM
Avs71

If the lockout is ending, I'm excited to see the movement around the league and with the Avs. Especially if a defenceman from Lake Erie pushes out a defenceman on a 1 way contract.

Old
01-01-2013, 09:25 PM
Holyhell
'Crumblers'

vCash: 642
If there is such a clause that says each NHL team gets one 'free' buyout, who do you guys think the Avs will use it on, if anyone? I don't think you can buyout, then re-sign either.

I'm guessing no-one. But if someone goes, it's gotta be a defenseman.

Old
01-01-2013, 09:43 PM
Pierce Hawthorne
Formerly Avsare1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avs71 View Post
If the lockout is ending, I'm excited to see the movement around the league and with the Avs. Especially if a defenceman from Lake Erie pushes out a defenceman on a 1 way contract.
At this point I wouldn't even consider this an if, I'd say its a gurantee. The way Barrie has been playing all year, and the way Elliott has really started to improve over the last couple of weeks, one if not both should make opening roster IMO.

If we see just Barrie make the opening roster, then I think we'll see Obyrne(Sadly) get shipped out along with maybe a 3rd for another 1st? We don't need any forward help for now at least, and another 1st in a draft looking this deep would be excellent.

Im most excited too see what the teams like Boston, Minnesota, Vancouver all do if the Cap for next year is indeed lowered to say 60M. They would have to shed a lot of salary, and could potentially lose some very good players to free agency or trade. Snagging an Edler or Horton or even a Timmonen would do wonders for this team. And we should have the cap space to pitch decent offers too a good player in the offseason. At a 60M Cap, and assuming we sign Oreilly to say 4M and let Kobasew walk, we would have approx. 53M spent, so roughly 7M left over. A lot of fun could be had with that 7M.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holyhell View Post
If there is such a clause that says each NHL team gets one 'free' buyout, who do you guys think the Avs will use it on, if anyone? I don't think you can buyout, then re-sign either.

I'm guessing no-one. But if someone goes, it's gotta be a defenseman.
As you said, I highly doubt we buy out anyone, but if we did, my 2 guesses would be Hejda or Kobasew. Hejda certainly hasn't played terrible, but I don't think he quite played like we had hoped, and he might be overpaid by 1-1.25M, which isn't a huge deal, but its something. Kobasew just hasn't been good at all, but he only has 1 year left anyway so I highly doubt he get bought out. After that we really don't have a bad contract in the organization.

People said for so long that the Avs were playing with an eternal budget, and that management should be going out and spending money, now everyone should start to realize just how smart Greg from accounting has been. Were going to be one of very few teams that will be under the cap and actually have room to spend with a 60M cap hit, compared to the last lockout when we were ripped apart by it.

Old
01-02-2013, 04:38 AM
PAZ

I can't help but think O'Byrne is gone from the Avs if the cap goes down. I dislike the Zanon/O'Brien signing just because it's basically a guarantee they let him go.

I'd say we would be lucky to get a 4th/5th for him. Most likely he just walks.

Old
01-02-2013, 04:54 AM
SwissAvsFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nihiliste View Post
Streit probably wouldn't be happy with anything less than a 3 year deal, and I would love to have him on the Avs.

I'm not sure that I see him leaving the east though.
What I know is, that he wants a longer deal and that he wants to play in the playoffs and of course contend for the cup. So we just need to make a case that we can compete for the cup in a couple of seasons. He didn't state tough that he really wants to stay with the Isles so he will really look at all his possibilities. I would of course love to have a Swiss player on the Avs

Old
01-02-2013, 05:00 AM
Duchene2MacKinnon
BELIEVE

vCash: 250
Well if it were upto me, they would've drafted one last draft but nooo they had to draft for size.

I also wanted niño but his WJC performance sky rocketed his stock.

Old
01-02-2013, 08:00 AM
Bender
TheHockeyProspector

vCash: 7658
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avsare1 View Post
At this point I wouldn't even consider this an if, I'd say its a gurantee. The way Barrie has been playing all year, and the way Elliott has really started to improve over the last couple of weeks, one if not both should make opening roster IMO.

If we see just Barrie make the opening roster, then I think we'll see Obyrne(Sadly) get shipped out along with maybe a 3rd for another 1st? We don't need any forward help for now at least, and another 1st in a draft looking this deep would be excellent.

Im most excited too see what the teams like Boston, Minnesota, Vancouver all do if the Cap for next year is indeed lowered to say 60M. They would have to shed a lot of salary, and could potentially lose some very good players to free agency or trade. Snagging an Edler or Horton or even a Timmonen would do wonders for this team. And we should have the cap space to pitch decent offers too a good player in the offseason. At a 60M Cap, and assuming we sign Oreilly to say 4M and let Kobasew walk, we would have approx. 53M spent, so roughly 7M left over. A lot of fun could be had with that 7M.
I disagree. I doubt very much that the Avs make changes to their D before the season starts unless it's a slam dunk of a deal. Secondly, Barrie and Elliott have done well in the AHL but as has been stated many times, both those guys need to shore up their defensive games and there is nothing wrong with allowing two 21 year olds time in the minors to do just that.

No one is giving up a 1st round pick for O'Byrne and a 3rd. That's guaranteed.

Your analysis in the 3rd paragraph is correct and why it's such a good thing that we have quite a few decent players signed to reasonable deals. Guys like Wilson, O'Brien, O'Byrne & Hunwick could possibly be swapped for a more expensive upgrade, with teams trying to get under the cap. I see those deals happening over the summer but it's also possible teams might get a head start on that at the trade deadline (if any?).

Closed Thread