HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Vancouver Canucks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2013 NHL Entry Draft Talk

Closed Thread

Old
12-16-2012, 04:55 PM
Reverend Mayhem
CRJ + RNH = Sex

vCash: 500
Send a message via Skype™ to Reverend Mayhem
Quote:
Originally Posted by fil11 View Post
I said the same things few minutes ago in my thread '' Midget AAA - 14 years old '' ! loll ... He did 72 Points in 44 games !!!! Wow ! ... Do you know other players in Sasketchewan Midget AAA who are 14 years old ?

I think the WHL should let him play next season because he is ready! ... I think he will go first in the 2013 NHL draft !! ..
Quote:
Originally Posted by I Hate Jay Feaster View Post
Gonna be a star. The few times I've seen him was pretty damned impressive.
Quote:
Originally Posted by scoutman1 View Post
IMO he should play Jr A hockey in BC rather than Midget hockey but he will probably be back in midget...he is an amazing player he is going to be a special player in the WHL...amazing vision, 6th sense, controls the game, amazing hands with the puck this kid is going to be something to watch, he is a step down from Sidney Crosby at that age so don't expect that but this guy is a special talent for sure.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian Flash View Post
Yeah, Jesse, Filip and Alex Forsberg. 3 Forsbergs and they'll likely all be 1st round picks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Scouting Report View Post
I don't really understand how it becomes appalling from 15 to 16, but okay. So I guess Nick Ebert, Brady Vail and Seth Ambroz are all flops, right?

Oh wait.

Kids now are under the spotlight from an earlier age, and are more equipped to handle it. Obviously not everyone can, that's human nature. Hence why league's like the OHL have an actual process in place to determine if a kid is ready to make the jump at 15, which is what Tavares went through. Mod: deleted.

Delivery time. The last post is exceedingly hilarious.

Old
12-16-2012, 09:15 PM
thefeebster

Was able to watch two Edina high school games. Not really used to that level of play or evaluating players in it. But here it goes.

Connor Hurley - easily the best player on the ice. Looked dominant just about every shift, created something every shift. He isn't very big, but still very much a man amongst boys situation. I can see how he has separated himself from all other HS players and has been listed in the first round. He has great hands, a heavy shot, and is a great skater, very good acceleration, strong on his skates, hard to push him off the puck. He can dance through defenders, again its probably the level of play, but it was impressive. Backchecks adequately at that level, but will need to be more aggressive next year with UND who plays a very up tempo kind of game. Was used at center, must have won FO at 75%. If he didn't win, he always pushed forward and went after the puck. Was used on the PK, good at reading the play. Not much of a physical game from those two games.

Parker Reno - was the only other player that caught my eye. Again, i'm sure its the level of play speaking, but at that level, there are no flaws really in this guys game. This might make me wonder if he has peaked, was told he has played 4 years with this varsity team. He is a big boy, but boy, he can skate. Transitions are very good and acceleration is good. Often skated the puck out of trouble, poised, and makes a good first pass. Also a mature game defensively - blocks shots, isn't afraid to throw the body, a good stick and often covers his partners mistakes. Looks very good on the PP with Hurley, nice movement there and showed some offensive flair with a spinorama pass. Must have played 30+ minutes. He is committed to RPI next season. Not sure where he will go in the draft or if he will at all, but perhaps someone to keep an eye on for the late rounds.

Old
12-16-2012, 09:22 PM
y2kcanucks
Cult of Personality

Send a message via AIM to y2kcanucks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reverend Mayhem View Post
Delivery time. The last post is exceedingly hilarious.
Wow, that last post...

12-16-2012, 09:25 PM
Vankiller Whale
All hail WMD

vCash: 400
Someone I think we should definitely look at if he falls is Valeri Nichushkin. The kid was dangerous every shift when I watched him at the SSS(and I'm looking forward to watching him at the WJC), and he's also 6'4. If he can fill out his frame he would be a monster player. Sure people worry about the KHL, but people are also kicking themselves for not drafting Tarasenko/Kuznetsov.

I know Gillis has a penchant for avoiding Russians, but if he has the opportuity to draft him, he would be an excellent addition to help give us a potential star forward for the future.

Old
12-16-2012, 09:27 PM
Reverend Mayhem
CRJ + RNH = Sex

Send a message via Skype™ to Reverend Mayhem
Quote:
Originally Posted by y2kcanucks View Post
Wow, that last post...
0 for 4 there

Old
12-17-2012, 01:20 AM
Hansen 36
BASED JIM BENNING

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vankiller Whale View Post
Someone I think we should definitely look at if he falls is Valeri Nichushkin. The kid was dangerous every shift when I watched him at the SSS(and I'm looking forward to watching him at the WJC), and he's also 6'4. If he can fill out his frame he would be a monster player. Sure people worry about the KHL, but people are also kicking themselves for not drafting Tarasenko/Kuznetsov.

I know Gillis has a penchant for avoiding Russians, but if he has the opportuity to draft him, he would be an excellent addition to help give us a potential star forward for the future.
I am a very big fan of Nichushkin and yeah, if we have a chance to take him anywhere outside the top 10 I will be extremely disappointed if we don't jump on it.

Old
12-17-2012, 02:01 AM
Royal Canuck
Go Canucks Go!

Morgan Klimchuk also flies off the radar for me, 38 points in 36 games so far this season with a lackluster Regina Pats. To post a PPG while on a .333 winning % team isn't easy, and he's also very good in his own end as well.

Twitter |HFBoards Contact | Blog
PSN - TBennz
"You're never a loser until you quit trying. " - Mike Ditka
Old
12-17-2012, 02:16 AM
WonderTwinsUnite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royal Canuck View Post
Morgan Klimchuk also flies off the radar for me, 38 points in 36 games so far this season with a lackluster Regina Pats. To post a PPG while on a .333 winning % team isn't easy, and he's also very good in his own end as well.
I swear, he will be the Eberle of this draft.

Old
12-17-2012, 02:23 AM
Royal Canuck
Go Canucks Go!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WonderTwinsUnite View Post
I swear, he will be the Eberle of this draft.
I wouldn't go that far, but he could be the steal of this year's draft for sure.

Old
12-19-2012, 01:53 AM
thefeebster

Saw arsmaster commenting on the main boards regarding Vincent Dunn, who was brought up in RLR's article. I really dislike the racial slur thing, but the Canucks have looked past that for Blain so it seems okay to them.

Any of the Q followers have an opinion on his play? Mid-late round pick? Is Marchand a comparable?

Old
12-19-2012, 02:21 AM
Outside99*
Sedins off Kas

Is Jason Dickinson a player who might interest the Canucks? I've seen him in a couple of games and have been impressed with his skill level and hockey sense.

Last edited by Outside99*: 12-19-2012 at 02:29 AM.
Old
12-19-2012, 02:28 AM
arsmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefeebster View Post
Saw arsmaster commenting on the main boards regarding Vincent Dunn, who was brought up in RLR's article. I really dislike the racial slur thing, but the Canucks have looked past that for Blain so it seems okay to them.

Any of the Q followers have an opinion on his play? Mid-late round pick? Is Marchand a comparable?
I'd like to know too.

Old
12-29-2012, 08:57 PM
thefeebster

Quote:
Originally Posted by arsmaster View Post
So much hockey online right now, I can't keep up.

That game from the other night, can you tell me if guelph was using Dickinson at C?

How'd he look (you can answer in the draft thread if you want).
Forgive me if my memory isn't great! I watched 5 Djurgarden games since that game last night.

I vaguely remember Dickinson taking a faceoff or two. But i think it may just be because Tanner Richard is at the WJC. But i remember Dickinson being on the wing more in terms of his positioning in the offensive and defensive zone. I remember he made a couple passes that showed he had very good passing vision. Plays a bit chippier than i remembered, some pushing and shoving after the whistle. Although, he was minus 2, don't remember him being a goat on any of the goals. An okay game with flashes of his ability, but Belleville really outworked Guelph for 50 minutes.

Old
12-29-2012, 09:26 PM
arsmaster

Quote:
Forgive me if my memory isn't great! I watched 5 Djurgarden games since that game last night.

I vaguely remember Dickinson taking a faceoff or two. But i think it may just be because Tanner Richard is at the WJC. But i remember Dickinson being on the wing more in terms of his positioning in the offensive and defensive zone. I remember he made a couple passes that showed he had very good passing vision. Plays a bit chippier than i remembered, some pushing and shoving after the whistle. Although, he was minus 2, don't remember him being a goat on any of the goals. An okay game with flashes of his ability, but Belleville really outworked Guelph for 50 minutes.
Cheers.

Old
12-29-2012, 09:54 PM
thefeebster

May i ask what people see in Andre Burakowsky and where they rank him?

Watched two games where he barely gets any playing time on the 4th line, looks much bigger on the ice than a player who is listed 6'1", looks at least 2 inches taller and looks very built. Was okay in his limited ice time, had good battle along the boards, moves well, decent package but other than that, there was nothing.

Last edited by thefeebster: 12-29-2012 at 10:03 PM. Reason: spelling
Old
12-31-2012, 03:45 PM
BerSTUzzi

Anyone see Kujawinski play this year? Is his lack of major production a result of a very young team?

Kingstons first line from what I recall is:

Watson (16) Greenaway (19) Alcock (20) and Kujawinski (one game I watched) was with Ikonen (18) and Bennett (16). The one game I watched he has great vision and passing ability. The line just looked very young to me...might just be the one game.

Old
12-31-2012, 04:44 PM
thefeebster

Quote:
Originally Posted by BerSTUzzi View Post
Anyone see Kujawinski play this year? Is his lack of major production a result of a very young team?

Kingstons first line from what I recall is:

Watson (16) Greenaway (19) Alcock (20) and Kujawinski (one game I watched) was with Ikonen (18) and Bennett (16). The one game I watched he has great vision and passing ability. The line just looked very young to me...might just be the one game.
I have watched him a couple of times. The top line when I watched was Watson-Bennett -Ikonen and they were the offensive catalyst for the team. They are young but boy are they dangerous and play such an uptempo and creative game. Watson and Bennett have impressed me more than Kujawinski each time. I don't believe a young team or linemates is an excuse or a plausible one.

The Kuj I saw was uninterested and created very little. Floated many shifts and then youd notice him for a few. Inconsistent. For a boy with good size, he didn't use it much if at all. Defensively, didn't find him anything special. Backcheck was just mediocre. Didn't generate much offensively either. So I am kind of in limbo as to what he is lauded for.

Maybe more viewings are required, but he is not in my good books. Maybe in the 2nd round.

Old
12-31-2012, 05:04 PM
Drop the Sopel
Feaster famine

Feebster- What do you think of Marko Dano? Would you be disappointed if the Canucks used a late 1st rd pick on him?

Old
12-31-2012, 05:41 PM
thefeebster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drop the Sopel View Post
Feebster- What do you think of Marko Dano? Would you be disappointed if the Canucks used a late 1st rd pick on him?
I'm a poor person to ask regarding Dano. I don't watch the KHL at all and am behind in the WJC. I have some games downloaded, but not all. I don't know when i'll get to it . Soon!

Perhaps someone else has an opinion?

Old
12-31-2012, 06:05 PM
BerSTUzzi

Quote:
I have watched him a couple of times. The top line when I watched was Watson-Bennett -Ikonen and they were the offensive catalyst for the team. They are young but boy are they dangerous and play such an uptempo and creative game. Watson and Bennett have impressed me more than Kujawinski each time. I don't believe a young team or linemates is an excuse or a plausible one.

The Kuj I saw was uninterested and created very little. Floated many shifts and then youd notice him for a few. Inconsistent. For a boy with good size, he didn't use it much if at all. Defensively, didn't find him anything special. Backcheck was just mediocre. Didn't generate much offensively either. So I am kind of in limbo as to what he is lauded for.

Maybe more viewings are required, but he is not in my good books. Maybe in the 2nd round.
Watson and Bennett were also stand outs in the game I watched as well. I was wondering if I saw just the one off of Kuj very up and down play within the game. He scored a great goal and then disappeared for the rest of the game.

Ikonen could be a solid mid-late round pick.

Old
12-31-2012, 10:52 PM
thefeebster

Quote:
Originally Posted by BerSTUzzi View Post
Watson and Bennett were also stand outs in the game I watched as well. I was wondering if I saw just the one off of Kuj very up and down play within the game. He scored a great goal and then disappeared for the rest of the game.
And right when we discuss the flaws of the Kuj, he puts up a hat trick and a 4 point night.

He's been getting more ice time with Watson and Bennett away for the U17s. Maybe he turns a corner and finishes off the second half like he did last season.

-----------------

Another two goals for Bo Horvat who has been absolutely consistent offensively this month of December. He has 17 points in his last 12 games and has a 12 game point streak. That's called bringing it every night from the 2nd line no less!

Last edited by thefeebster: 12-31-2012 at 11:18 PM.
Old
01-01-2013, 11:14 AM
BerSTUzzi

Quote:
And right when we discuss the flaws of the Kuj, he puts up a hat trick and a 4 point night.

He's been getting more ice time with Watson and Bennett away for the U17s. Maybe he turns a corner and finishes off the second half like he did last season.

-----------------

Another two goals for Bo Horvat who has been absolutely consistent offensively this month of December. He has 17 points in his last 12 games and has a 12 game point streak. That's called bringing it every night from the 2nd line no less!

Yes, as soon as we stated he was under performing he goes and has a 4 pt night. I really like Horvat as he another example of the depth in this draft, since he'll most likely go in the 2nd.

I really like Justin Bailey, good size, skates well for a big man and can see the overall potential to his game. Slick moves in a two SO I've watched. Hasn't produced as well as I thought.

Old
01-01-2013, 11:38 AM
Eddy Punch Clock
Gold Jerry!!!

2005 is too far back for me to remember; if there is no season this year do they keep the draft order from the previous season or is there an all out 30 team lottery?

Old
01-01-2013, 11:56 AM
BerSTUzzi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy Punch Clock View Post
2005 is too far back for me to remember; if there is no season this year do they keep the draft order from the previous season or is there an all out 30 team lottery?
http://www.nhl.com/ice/page.htm?id=26401

Anaheim (1 playoff appearance)
Boston (3 playoff appearances)
Buffalo (2 playoff appearances)
Calgary (0 playoff appearances)
Carolina (0 playoff appearances)
Chicago (3 playoff appearances)
Colorado (1 playoff appearance)
Columbus (0 playoff appearances)
Dallas (0 playoff appearances)
Detroit (3 playoff appearances)
Edmonton (0 playoff appearances, 3 first overall picks,)
Florida (1 playoff appearance)
Los Angeles (3 playoff appearances)
Minnesota (0 playoff appearances)
Montreal (2 playoff appearances)
Nashville (3 playoff appearances)
New Jersey (2 playoff appearances)
New York I. (0 playoff appearances, 1 first overall pick)
New York R. (2 playoff appearances)
Ottawa (2 playoff appearances)
Philadelphia (3 playoff appearances)
Phoenix (3 playoff appearances)
Pittsburgh (3 playoff appearances)
San Jose (3 playoff appearances)
St. Louis (1 playoff appearance)
Tampa Bay (1 playoff appearance)
Toronto (0 playoff appearances)
Vancouver (3 playoff appearances)
Washington (3 playoff appearances)
Winnipeg (0 playoff appearances)

TEAMS WITH THREE BALLS (7)
Calgary, Carolina, Columbus, Dallas, Minnesota, Toronto, Winnipeg

TEAMS WITH TWO BALLS (6)
Anaheim, Colorado, Florida, New York (I), St. Louis, Tampa Bay

TEAMS WITH ONE BALL (17)
Boston, Buffalo, Chicago, Detroit, Edmonton, Los Angeles, Montreal, Nashville, New Jersey, New York (R), Ottawa, Philadelphia, Phoenix, Pittsburgh, San Jose, Vancouver, Washington

Old
01-01-2013, 01:47 PM
arsmaster

Quote:

This.

Both Kingston games I saw Bennett and Watson were the driving forces for their teams offense.

If those boys have an inch or two to grow they are going to be top 10 picks next year.

Closed Thread