HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Alfie Rises (This is awesome)

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
12-15-2012, 07:03 PM
  #1
Rocket Richard
Proud Canadian!!!!!
 
Rocket Richard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Capital of Canada!
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,460
vCash: 500
Alfie Rises (This is awesome)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5sIfBLjfBB0

I know, repeat, but it's sooo damn good!

Rocket Richard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2012, 07:15 PM
  #2
Benny FTW
TurnSoonestToTheSea
 
Benny FTW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Kingston
Country: Canada
Posts: 22,283
vCash: 50

Benny FTW is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2012, 08:34 PM
  #3
MAK19
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 13,610
vCash: 500
DKR = best movie ever.

MAK19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2012, 09:28 AM
  #4
Droc
Classless
 
Droc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: In my house.
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,355
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MandyAlwaysKnows View Post
DKR = best movie ever.
Really?
I thought it was the worst of the 3.

Droc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2012, 01:04 PM
  #5
MAK19
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 13,610
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Droc View Post
Really?
I thought it was the worst of the 3.
meh. All 3 are awesome. Best movies ever.

MAK19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2012, 01:17 PM
  #6
BonkTastic
"Small Sample Size!"
 
BonkTastic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Jakarta, IDN
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,096
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Droc View Post
Really?
I thought it was the worst of the 3.
Agreed.

I thought The Dark Knight was amazing... but thought Batman Begins was just "good" in comparison. Thought the 3rd movie (TDKR) was visually excellent, but easily the worst of the 3. Plot holes, poor story telling. Lacked a TON of what made the 2nd movie so great. In fact, I think Nolan was riding on his coat tails for a large part of the movie. I don't think it'll hold up to time well. It'll be among Nolan's "worst" in retrospect. Forgettable among the other brilliant stuff he's done.

In fact, TDKR isn't even my 3rd favorite Nolan/Bale movie. "The Prestige" is amazing.

BonkTastic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2012, 01:24 PM
  #7
MAK19
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 13,610
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BonkTastic View Post
Agreed.

I thought The Dark Knight was amazing... but thought Batman Begins was just "good" in comparison. Thought the 3rd movie (TDKR) was visually excellent, but easily the worst of the 3. Plot holes, poor story telling. Lacked a TON of what made the 2nd movie so great. In fact, I think Nolan was riding on his coat tails for a large part of the movie. I don't think it'll hold up to time well. It'll be among Nolan's "worst" in retrospect. Forgettable among the other brilliant stuff he's done.

In fact, TDKR isn't even my 3rd favorite Nolan/Bale movie. "The Prestige" is amazing.
yeah I guess I agree. Visually excellent. Bane is badass too.
Still gave me chills though.

MAK19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2012, 01:33 PM
  #8
BonkTastic
"Small Sample Size!"
 
BonkTastic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Jakarta, IDN
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,096
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MandyAlwaysKnows View Post
meh. All 3 are awesome. Best movies ever.







BonkTastic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2012, 01:35 PM
  #9
BonkTastic
"Small Sample Size!"
 
BonkTastic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Jakarta, IDN
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,096
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MandyAlwaysKnows View Post
yeah I guess I agree. Visually excellent. Bane is badass too.
Still gave me chills though.
Full credit to Hardy. He did a fantastic job with what he was given (was very expressive despite hidden mouth, had definite presence). I thought he was screwed out of a more noble death/ fate in the end, though. They built him up too much for the way they ended him.

BonkTastic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2012, 01:41 PM
  #10
Benny FTW
TurnSoonestToTheSea
 
Benny FTW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Kingston
Country: Canada
Posts: 22,283
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by BonkTastic View Post






No kitten. Dont they remake batman movies like every 6 years?

Benny FTW is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2012, 01:47 PM
  #11
MAK19
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 13,610
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BonkTastic View Post






I'm young lol. My attention span was very low when they came out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BonkTastic View Post
Full credit to Hardy. He did a fantastic job with what he was given (was very expressive despite hidden mouth, had definite presence). I thought he was screwed out of a more noble death/ fate in the end, though. They built him up too much for the way they ended him.
yeah, you're right. You should be in the movie business or something

MAK19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2012, 01:51 PM
  #12
BonkTastic
"Small Sample Size!"
 
BonkTastic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Jakarta, IDN
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,096
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MandyAlwaysKnows View Post
yeah, you're right. You should be in the movie business or something
I'm in the business of watching movies, I guess?

The pay is awful.

BonkTastic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2012, 07:47 PM
  #13
Rals
Registered User
 
Rals's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 903
vCash: 500
The prison was stupid, why doesn't some one just come with a rope, there's no guards outside.

Rals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2012, 08:37 PM
  #14
saskriders
ColinGreening's#1fan
 
saskriders's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Calgary/Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 18,062
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MandyAlwaysKnows View Post
I'm young lol. My attention span was very low when they came out.
I was only 8 when the first came out. They have always been my favourite movie series


While I don't find Batman bad, I do find the series overrated

saskriders is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2012, 11:15 PM
  #15
BlazingRoy
Cacaw
 
BlazingRoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 396
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rals View Post
The prison was stupid, why doesn't some one just come with a rope, there's no guards outside.
agreed and on that note wasent the prison in like Africa or somewhere. How the **** did he get back to Gotham in 10 minutes. I guess theres like a transporter or a chunnel to gotham from there...

BlazingRoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2012, 11:59 PM
  #16
ReginKarlssonLehner
Classless, no rispek
 
ReginKarlssonLehner's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 22,642
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rals View Post
The prison was stupid, why doesn't some one just come with a rope, there's no guards outside.
It was a remote prison, pretty sure rarely anyone knew of it's existence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlazingRoy View Post
agreed and on that note wasent the prison in like Africa or somewhere. How the **** did he get back to Gotham in 10 minutes. I guess theres like a transporter or a chunnel to gotham from there...
Could have gotten out, got to the nearest location, linked one of his homies and did his thing. That entire sequence didn't elapse over some hours, it was over months, even though the scene was like half hour but from the time he got there till he came back was like 6 months if I ain't mistaken. The time factor could have been a week from the time he got out till the time he got back.

ReginKarlssonLehner is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2012, 12:17 AM
  #17
TheOriginalSilf*
@real_saundies
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Sudbury, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,327
vCash: 500
A Batman film debate?! Finally, something I'm good at.

TDKR is without a doubt, the weakest of the trilogy and by a wide margin. Sadly, it's arguably the worst film that Christopher Nolan has ever directed, IMO (only film I haven't seen of Nolan's being "The Prestige"). Bonk nailed it on the head with his brief analysis. Poor, poor storytelling (from one of the best storytelling directors) with many plot holes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReginKarlssonLehner View Post
Could have gotten out, got to the nearest location, linked one of his homies and did his thing. That entire sequence didn't elapse over some hours, it was over months, even though the scene was like half hour but from the time he got there till he came back was like 6 months if I ain't mistaken. The time factor could have been a week from the time he got out till the time he got back.
There are several instances in this film where there's some unexplained event or occurrence that I found disrupted the film. This being a perfect example. When Batman showed up in Gotham months following his escape from the remote prison (which is located in India), there's simply no explanation as to how he arrived. The entire city was locked down. How did he get in? Did he get into the city through some underground means? Did Batman use the Batwing? How did his entrance into the city go completely unnoticed if so? Nothing is explained. If Christopher Nolan took a second and even through up some ridiculous explanation, it would still be an effort at explaining and you could say, "Oh, well it's not supposed to be entirely believable". The problem is that no effort in explaining his presence is taken. He's just there. It certainly bugged me.

Visually, the movie is done very well. Musically, Hans Zimmer's score SHOULD be nominated for another Oscar. Execution is where this film falls flat on it's face.

Now I must go watch "Memento" for 1000th time to cheer myself up. I will leave you all with this brilliant video:


TheOriginalSilf* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2012, 12:42 AM
  #18
Benny FTW
TurnSoonestToTheSea
 
Benny FTW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Kingston
Country: Canada
Posts: 22,283
vCash: 50
I hate batman movies soooo much that i didn't bother to see any. I am now expecting my life to be threatened.

Benny FTW is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2012, 12:56 AM
  #19
BonkTastic
"Small Sample Size!"
 
BonkTastic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Jakarta, IDN
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,096
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benny FTW View Post
I hate batman movies soooo much that i didn't bother to see any. I am now expecting my life to be threatened.
Even if you dislike comic book movies, TDK is well worth seeing. It's a phenomenally well-told story that really goes beyond anything that the current "Hollywood Comic Film Extravaganza" run has produced. It's possibly the only comic book movie I'd ever really reccommend for a "best picture" award (and I loves me comic book movies, don't get me wrong, I just don't consider them to be "high art" movies: they're usually more just really fun, awesome good times).

Heath Ledger's performance truly was beyond anything he'd ever done. It's very well deserving of it's IMDB rating.

BonkTastic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2012, 01:06 AM
  #20
Benny FTW
TurnSoonestToTheSea
 
Benny FTW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Kingston
Country: Canada
Posts: 22,283
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by BonkTastic View Post
Even if you dislike comic book movies, TDK is well worth seeing. It's a phenomenally well-told story that really goes beyond anything that the current "Hollywood Comic Film Extravaganza" run has produced. It's possibly the only comic book movie I'd ever really reccommend for a "best picture" award (and I loves me comic book movies, don't get me wrong, I just don't consider them to be "high art" movies: they're usually more just really fun, awesome good times).

Heath Ledger's performance truly was beyond anything he'd ever done. It's very well deserving of it's IMDB rating.
Next time i see it on TV ill give it a chance but I really dislike comic/super hero movies. I find them very simple, having 0 depth and to be lacking a good story.

Benny FTW is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2012, 01:13 AM
  #21
TheOriginalSilf*
@real_saundies
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Sudbury, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,327
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benny FTW View Post
Next time i see it on TV ill give it a chance but I really dislike comic/super hero movies. I find them very simple, having 0 depth and to be lacking a good story.
Then you should be in for a surprise with TDK. A smart film with good depth and exceeds all other comic book films by leaps and bounds.

TheOriginalSilf* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2012, 04:09 AM
  #22
Spinkis
Registered User
 
Spinkis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Country: Sweden
Posts: 1,071
vCash: 500
I just want gary batman to stop this stupid lockout! I honestly can't belive that you guys think this third time is the best. I hate them all.

Spinkis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2012, 05:10 AM
  #23
Do Make Say Think
Soul & Onward
 
Do Make Say Think's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 18,943
vCash: 500
I like The Dark Knight Rises the most of the three.

I rewatched Begins and Dark Knight the other day and I must say they have not aged well at all, especially Begins which was a pain to watch after the great opening.

Bane was more impressive than the Joker as a vilain even if Joker is more intriguing. Part of Bane's appeal is that he is the antithesis to the Joker; I'll always remember how the Joker tells Batman "did you really think I would let the fate of Gotham be decided in a fist fight with you?" where as Bane does just that and beats the crap out of Batman.

At the end of the day however, none of the Batman movies are good to rewatch I find: see them once and be done with it.

Do Make Say Think is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2012, 05:15 AM
  #24
TheOriginalSilf*
@real_saundies
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Sudbury, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,327
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian Guy View Post
I like The Dark Knight Rises the most of the three.

I rewatched Begins and Dark Knight the other day and I must say they have not aged well at all, especially Begins which was a pain to watch after the great opening.

Bane was more impressive than the Joker as a vilain even if Joker is more intriguing. Part of Bane's appeal is that he is the antithesis to the Joker; I'll always remember how the Joker tells Batman "did you really think I would let the fate of Gotham be decided in a fist fight with you?" where as Bane does just that and beats the crap out of Batman.

At the end of the day however, none of the Batman movies are good to rewatch I find: see them once and be done with it.
I heavily disagree with pretty much all of the above, but especially the bolded. I felt that Bane was done pretty horribly, personally. Aside from his truly awful voice altering, he's just not all that interesting. His entire backstory is rushed and he just ends up being nothing but some lackey for Talia that is killed off easily and out of nowhere.

To each their own though. All a matter of personal opinion, but I still believe that TDK was shafted not getting a Best Picture nomination in 2008, and for me, it holds up beautifully. Same could be said for Batman Begins but to a lesser extent.

TheOriginalSilf* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2012, 05:27 AM
  #25
BonkTastic
"Small Sample Size!"
 
BonkTastic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Jakarta, IDN
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,096
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSilfverBullet View Post
I heavily disagree with pretty much all of the above, but especially the bolded. I felt that Bane was done pretty horribly, personally. Aside from his truly awful voice altering, he's just not all that interesting. His entire backstory is rushed and he just ends up being nothing but some lackey for Talia that is killed off easily and out of nowhere.

To each their own though. All a matter of personal opinion, but I still believe that TDK was shafted not getting a Best Picture nomination in 2008, and for me, it holds up beautifully. Same could be said for Batman Begins but to a lesser extent.
Totally agree with pretty much all of this post. Hardy carried Bane, a character that wasn't handled properly by the writers. Gave Bane a significant presence that the script couldn't.

BonkTastic is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:31 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.