HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2012-13 NFL Season Thread - The Baltimore Ravens are Superbowl Champs!

Old
12-04-2012, 12:50 AM
I am the Liquor

vCash: 50
RG III is the shiz!

I am the Liquor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2012, 01:47 AM
SDig14

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by I am the Liquor View Post
RG III is the shiz!
The only concern I'd have if I was a Redskins fan would be for how long?

The guy is stubborn, refuses to slide, and makes Hall's reckless play look soft.

Kid has a ridiculous amount of talent, and a lot of guys to get drilled as many times as he does, I just hope it doesn't catch up to him.

SDig14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2012, 02:06 AM
OilerTyler
Fire Lowe

vCash: 830
Bad play calling in the fourth quarter cost the Giants the game. The Redskins have one of the worst secondaries in the league and Manning was passing the ball with ease throughout the first three quarters. Why were the Giants so insistent on rushing the ball in the fourth quarter when losing? You're not going to beat the Redskins on the ground. Throw the damn ball.

OilerTyler is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2012, 09:56 AM
joestevens29

vCash: 374
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsho View Post
They didnt look that great agains Miami yesterday, but they always seem to play well against NE at home. Going into yesterday Brady was actually 0-3 in December in Miami. Injuries are starting to mount for NE though, they should be ok come playoff time but playing Houston then San Fran will be a big test and tough to win both games without a healthy roster.

I still think Houston is taking the top seed, but I could see NE or Denver taking the #2 spot. Baltimore has not looked good the last 2 weeks against San Diego then Pittsburgh.
Miami always holds an edge later in the year. The humidity at home plays into their favour every year. Maybe they don't win every game, but games become closer than they should be at times.

joestevens29 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2012, 10:05 AM
joestevens29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle McMahon View Post
I don't see Baltimore going anywhere. Harbaugh still seems to think Joe Flacco is something more than a solid game manager, and has him passing 40 times a game. If Baltimore just pounded Ray Rice all day I think they'd be nearly unstoppable. A pass-happy offense featuring Joe Flacco scares nobody.

So hilarious that the future dynasty Eagles have not only flamed out of the playoff picture, but may end up with the worst record in the entire NFL by the end of the year. They're so bad they even lost to my Panthers. Who are so bad they lost to the Chiefs a day after one of their starting LB's ices himself in the stadium parking lot
I agree on Baltimore. Although if Ray Lewis comes back who knows. He could give that team quite the boost. Well at least one that could beat Charlie Batch

What's funny about the Eagles is they have Vick for what 5 more years?

Race for #1 overall could be interesting this year 4 teams with 3 or less wins and another 3 with 4 loses.

Old
12-04-2012, 10:26 AM
CornKicker
Still burning Lowood

vCash: 694
Quote:
Originally Posted by OilerTyler View Post
Bad play calling in the fourth quarter cost the Giants the game. The Redskins have one of the worst secondaries in the league and Manning was passing the ball with ease throughout the first three quarters. Why were the Giants so insistent on rushing the ball in the fourth quarter when losing? You're not going to beat the Redskins on the ground. Throw the damn ball.
yep, they should have just 11-13yds to bennett the whole way down the field, he was open all night and as soon as they make an adjustment to help with the safety bomb it to nicks or cruz. cramming bradshaw up the middle on 1st and 2nd down is such a waste

CornKicker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2012, 10:42 AM
misfit

The Redskins have a terrible secondary and really need to find themselves a starting CB and probably a starting FS in the offseason. The loss of Orakpo has really hurt the pass rush all year too, so QBs have had little problem throwing the ball against Washington this season.

RG3 was impressive on the ground, but he didn't seem to be throwing the ball well at all. Not the best outing for him personally, but he got the job done, I suppose. Though Giants fans can't be happy about the penalties.

12-05-2012, 05:00 PM
joestevens29

Kinda Torn on Big Ben coming back this week. Home game against SD in what is more than likely going to be a rainy game at home. I'd think the run is going to be utilized more and would just hold off on starting him at the risk of getting even more hurt.

Old
12-05-2012, 05:17 PM
CornKicker
Still burning Lowood

vCash: 694
Quote:
Originally Posted by joestevens29 View Post
Kinda Torn on Big Ben coming back this week. Home game against SD in what is more than likely going to be a rainy game at home. I'd think the run is going to be utilized more and would just hold off on starting him at the risk of getting even more hurt.
i agree but on teh other side you have to use charlie batch again.............damned if you do damned if you dont

CornKicker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2012, 05:39 PM
joestevens29

Quote:
Originally Posted by CornKicker View Post
i agree but on teh other side you have to use charlie batch again.............damned if you do damned if you dont
Charlie did finish quite strong though. I just don't know that you're going to be using your QB for that many long bombs anyway. Worse case scenario you put Ben in at half-time.

Old
12-10-2012, 12:11 PM
joestevens29

Face palm at that non-forward pass for the Steelers yesterday. Was a good play call, but very poorly executed.

Good game by Newton was a beast in a big upset IMO.

Curious to see what is up with RG3, exciting player to watch but I just don't see this kid having a long career.

Old
12-10-2012, 12:18 PM
#ualberta

Should be a good Monday nighter tonight two strong teams

402 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2012, 12:26 PM
Fixed to Ruin
Come wit it now!

vCash: 145
Pumped up for tonight.

Huge tilt between the Patriots and Texans. Lots of playoff implications with the outcome of this game.

Remember the Ravens lost yesterday and the Patriots hold the tie breaker over Denver.

Hoping my Patriots can pull this one off.

Fixed to Ruin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2012, 12:33 PM
joestevens29

Quote:
Originally Posted by 402 View Post
Should be a good Monday nighter tonight two strong teams
Yep, I can't wait.

Old
12-11-2012, 01:29 PM
jsho

The Texans better be hoping their playoff is in the afternoon. Their 2 losses this season have come during primetime and have been embarrassed and outscored 84-38 in those 2 games.

There other MNF game was against the Bears in the rain with Cambell playing most of of the game. And got by with a 13-6 win.

jsho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2012, 01:41 PM
Fixed to Ruin
Come wit it now!

vCash: 145

Wilfork ate the Texans ....

offensive line

Fixed to Ruin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2012, 05:13 PM
#ualberta

Should be a good sunday nighter tonight i know i said the same thing last monday and the Patriots ended up winning by 28.
Hopefully tonight we'll have a closer more exciting game between the Patriots (10-3) and the 49ers (9-3-1)

Old
12-16-2012, 11:33 PM
misfit

Glad to see my Redskins drop 38 on the Browns without their franchise QB. Cousins was terrific after an early gaffe against what's been a really good defense this year, but particularly of late.

misfit is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2012, 09:36 AM
joestevens29

Quote:
Originally Posted by misfit View Post
Glad to see my Redskins drop 38 on the Browns without their franchise QB. Cousins was terrific after an early gaffe against what's been a really good defense this year, but particularly of late.
I was curious to see how cousins would do, but if there was a game for him to get a start when the team needed a win Cleveland was the team to play.

Can't believe Eli got nothing. I mean sure Atlanta was going to come out, but come on.

Oh Baltimore, how do those 14 meaningless points at the end of the game make you feel?

Detroit, really?

Ugh to my Steelers. Had chances to win in Regular time, but a fumble really hurt. That and the pick in OT

Old
12-17-2012, 12:46 PM
misfit

Quote:
Originally Posted by joestevens29 View Post
I was curious to see how cousins would do, but if there was a game for him to get a start when the team needed a win Cleveland was the team to play.
No question. Cleveland has been a bit of a trap game for the Redskins for a while though, and maybe losing RG3 didn't allow them to take the Browns lightly for once.

Either way, that Browns defense plays hard and agressively and Cousins' 38 points was the most any team has scored on them with the exception of the NFL's #1 offense in the NY Giants in week 3. I think they only averaged around 12 points allowed in the 3 games leading up to yesterday's matchup with the Redskins.

misfit is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2012, 01:07 PM
CantHaveTkachev
not allowed!

man, I love watching them Cowboys beat the Steelers...that felt good

CantHaveTkachev is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2012, 12:09 AM
jsho

Pretty exciting day to end the regular season. Peterson might have given himself an MVP with his game today.

NFC is totally wide open, I don’t think any of the teams are scared of facing Atlanta. The AFC I think we will see a Brady vs Manning showdown for a trip to the Super Bowl

NFC
1. Atlanta Falcons
2. San Francisco 49ers

3. Green Bay Packers vs 6. Minnesota Vikings
4. Washington Redskins vs 5. Seattle Seahawks

AFC
1. Denver Broncos
2. New England Patriots

3. Houston Texans vs 6. Cincinnati Bengals
4. Baltimore Ravens vs 5. Indianapolis Colts

jsho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2012, 12:34 AM
#ualberta

Yes should be an exciting playoffs there are a lot of good teams
First round of the playoffs is next week I think the following teams all win:
Baltimore beats Indianapolis
Houston beats Cincinnati
Green Bay beats Minnesota
Seattle beats Washington

Last edited by 402: 12-31-2012 at 12:41 AM.
Old
12-31-2012, 12:40 AM
Blue And Orange
Kevin Lowe Must GO!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 402 View Post
Yes should be an exciting playoffs there are a lot of good team
First round of the playoffs is next week I think the following teams all win:
Baltimore
Houston
Green Bay
Seattle
I agree with Baltimore and Seattle winning.

I see Cincy beating Houston. Cincy is going into the playoffs hot. Houston is getting exposed and the lose of Cushing is really going to hurt them now. I don't see Houston winning this one at all.

As for GB/Minny, I think AP28 will single handedly dominate again and carry the Vikings over for the upset.

Blue And Orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-02-2013, 12:52 PM
joestevens29

I can see Indy beating Baltimore, unless Baltimore can come out and destory Luck early and often.

Seattle-Washington is a coin toss for me. Two hottest teams in the NFL going head to head.

I don't see Green Bay losing at home to Minny, could happen but I think they are smart enough to overcome the loss the other day.

Cincy, good road team, hot right now. Good chance for the upset there.