HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Max Pacioretty

Closed Thread

Old
12-16-2012, 11:24 PM
LeHaboholique

vCash: 500
Max Pacioretty

I am extremely interested to know what you feel this young fellow is worth in a trade.

Old
12-16-2012, 11:25 PM
Exit Dose

What are the Habs needs these days?

Old
12-16-2012, 11:28 PM
CarvinSigX
Meh

What would the Habs like? Besides keeping him, which is obvious.

Old
12-16-2012, 11:29 PM
LeHaboholique

hmm we seem lack a lot of top 6 talent, apart from MacPac/Pleks

Old
12-16-2012, 11:31 PM
Montreal Shadow

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeHaboholique View Post
I am extremely interested to know what you feel this young fellow is worth in a trade.
He is worth more to Montreal than any team would be willing to give up.

Old
12-16-2012, 11:36 PM
ulysse84

PACIORETTY ---> EKMAN-LARSSON ?

SEMI-INTOUCHABLE ---> SUBBAN - PRICE - GALCHENYUK - PACIORETTY
AND ALSO ---> DESHARNAIS - LEBLANC - GALLAGHER

Old
12-16-2012, 11:43 PM
KingCanadain1976

Just for fun how about any two of penner gagne williams any two of drewiski hickey muzzin richardson and j bernier. Then you can trade price to the leafs for a outragous price.

Old
12-16-2012, 11:57 PM
Pekka Rinne

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montreal Shadow View Post
Wow, ive never heard that one before

Seriously? You can't just answer the question?

That is the most used quote on these boards and it is quickly getting annoying.

Old
12-17-2012, 12:02 AM
Machinehead
Hank, pls

Would start with Kreider I assume.

What would I have to add?

Old
12-17-2012, 12:05 AM
TurdFerguson

I'd deal mostly from prospects starting with Teravainen.

Old
12-17-2012, 12:15 AM
Maxpac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Machinehead View Post
Would start with Kreider I assume.

What would I have to add?
Add a lot.. I know it's been used alot, but with Montreal's lack of big and talented wingers that can put it in the back of the net, he IS more valuable to us than what teams are willing to give. If anything the Habs need to get 1 more Pacioretty, not to lose the one we got. Unless Washington was willing to trade Ovechkin ot Pittsburgh would trade Malkin, there's no reason to package Pacioretty in any trade, especially for prospects since he is just 23 years old himself.

Old
12-17-2012, 12:21 AM
glenbuis

You can all save your breaths by trying packages of two of these and picks and stuff. He's a big strong fast speed demon that your not gonna obtain with a quantity of bit parts.

Old
12-17-2012, 12:53 AM
Noob616

He's not untouchable by any means but I can't realistically see a scenario in which he's traded. The only way I could see it happening would be a massive overpayment for him, he's a young, skilled, fast, bull power forward, and he's locked up long term on a very team friendly contract. I just don't see anyone being willing to part with the kind of value that would be needed to entice Montreal to trade him away.

Let's ignore that and try to make a reasonable proposal. He's good enough that you can't piece together a package for him (you're not going to get him for Williams, Gagne, and low level prospects). It'd require a pretty close swap for similar value. A Pacioretty for Kane (I meant Evander but Patrick would fit too although MTL would have to sweeten the pot) type deal would be the ball park we're talking here. That's really the only way I could see a trade being made, a one for one swap for another young scoring forward. I can't see Montreal trading him for a defenseman, that would really improve our depth on D, but at the cost of gutting our forward corps going forward. The problem with trading him for anything other than a forward of similar talent, is that you find yourself in a situation where you've got a great defense in a few years, but by that time Cole, Gionta, and Plekanec will all be past their primes or retired. You probably can't trade him for D, you probably can't trade him for 28+ year old guys, and you don't want to trade him for prospects. Montreal's core is starting to push towards their primes, Pacioretty is 24, Subban 23, and Price 25. We're banking on Galchenyuk being ready to be an impact player in the next 2-3 seasons, so that he's ready for prime time just as these guys are hitting 26-27 years old. For that reason, it's hard to justify shipping off Pacioretty for prospects. When you have a blue chip prospect, you get excited that he can turn out as good as Pacioretty. I don't think Montreal wants to roll the dice on a prospect who may or may not be as good as him down the road.

Going forward, Montreal is building around a top 6 including Pacioretty, Galchenyuk, and perhaps Eller. Take Pacioretty out of that and it's a pretty ugly scenario unless we get Drouin or Mackinnon in the next draft. All in all, Evander Kane for Pacioretty strikes me as one of the few reasonable and realistic trades that could be made. Edmonton could perhaps offer Yakupov, but I feel like Edmonton is hoping for Yakupov to be better than Pacioretty down the line. Bobby Ryan for Pacioretty+ is possible. It does seem a little overused, but the truth is that Pacioretty is far too valuable to Montreal, and the team has far too much invested in him for anything other than a drastic overpayment to get him. Ignoring team needs and going on a strictly value basis, Pacioretty for Couture, E. Kane, Lupul, Benn, Pavelski, maybe Lucic seems to be the ballpark. He's too good for the trade to be a piecework type thing, you can't always trade quantity for quality.

Last edited by Noob616: 12-17-2012 at 01:03 AM.
Old
12-17-2012, 01:02 AM
Aceonfire
Las Vegas Aces

Swap Yakupov for Pacioretty lol

You get your Yak/Galy duo. And Edm gets an established 30 goal scorer with size.

Yes Yakupov is unproven at an NHL level, but his ceiling is way higher.

And Pac's salary is more in line with sustaining a great team, as opposed to what Yakupov will demand in a few years.

Old
12-17-2012, 01:02 AM
KingCanadain1976

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noob616 View Post
He's not untouchable by any means but I can't realistically see a scenario in which he's traded. The only way I could see it happening would be a massive overpayment for him, he's a young, skilled, fast, bull power forward, and he's locked up long term on a very team friendly contract. I just don't see anyone being willing to part with the kind of value that would be needed to entice Montreal to trade him away.

Let's ignore that and try to make a reasonable proposal. He's good enough that you can't piece together a package for him (you're not going to get him for Williams, Gagne, and low level prospects). It'd require a pretty close swap for similar value. A Pacioretty for Kane (I meant Evander but Patrick would fit too although MTL would have to sweeten the pot) type deal would be the ball park we're talking here. That's really the only way I could see a trade being made, a one for one swap for another young scoring forward. I can't see Montreal trading him for a defenseman, that would really improve our depth on D, but at the cost of gutting our forward corps going forward. The problem with trading him for anything other than a forward of similar talent, is that you find yourself in a situation where you've got a great defense in a few years, but by that time Cole, Gionta, and Plekanec will all be past their primes or retired.

Going forward, Montreal is building around a top 6 including Pacioretty, Galchenyuk, and perhaps Eller. Take Pacioretty out of that and it's a pretty ugly scenario unless we get Drouin or Mackinnon in the next draft. All in all, Evander Kane for Pacioretty strikes me as one of the few reasonable and realistic trades that could be made. Edmonton could perhaps offer Yakupov, but I feel like Edmonton is hoping for Yakupov to be better than Pacioretty down the line. It does seem a little overused, but the truth is that Pacioretty is far too valuable to Montreal, and the team has far too much invested in him for anything other than a drastic overpayment to get him.
My offer may not be what something you would take for him ( i honestly dont see a offer from the kings they would take) but value wise its not that bad William is a number one rw player penner/gagne are still a top 6 talents the other are roster player propects and potential number one goalie that would allow your team to trade price for more assets that would help a rebuilding team.

Honestly i dont see a offer where you would trade him he would be the forward i would build around if im montreal. I just had to make the offer because a line of him koptiar and brown would be amazing, Hes just the winger kopitar needs

Old
12-17-2012, 01:10 AM
TheJuxtaposer
#Shorks

vCash: 1379
One of the few players I'd consider moving Thornton for. Love the kid, and has an amazing contract on top of that.

Old
12-17-2012, 01:14 AM
Hugo Sham

yeah sure, let's trade the 1st legitimate power forward we've had since John Leclair. Makes sense, he's only signed for another 7 years, scored 30+ goals last year, is 24 Y.O... and well Habs have so much size in their top 6.

he's worth a lot. he's worth multiple high picks or an exchange of an equally high scoring, young talented forward

Old
12-17-2012, 01:16 AM
Hugo Sham

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingCanadain1976 View Post
My offer may not be what something you would take for him ( i honestly dont see a offer from the kings they would take) but value wise its not that bad William is a number one rw player penner/gagne are still a top 6 talents the other are roster player propects and potential number one goalie that would allow your team to trade price for more assets that would help a rebuilding team.

Honestly i dont see a offer where you would trade him he would be the forward i would build around if im montreal. I just had to make the offer because a line of him koptiar and brown would be amazing, Hes just the winger kopitar needs
no it's not value. it's older, very injure prone forwards with expiring contracts

Old
12-17-2012, 01:21 AM
glenbuis

You would consider moving Thornton for. I assume your meaning Joe Thornton. I know sanjose should consider a mini rebuild by getting what they can for boyle, thornton and marleau but your not gonna land a patches for thornton at this stage of their careers.

Old
12-17-2012, 01:23 AM
TheJuxtaposer
#Shorks

vCash: 1379
Quote:
Originally Posted by glenbuis View Post
You would consider moving Thornton for. I assume your meaning Joe Thornton. I know sanjose should consider a mini rebuild by getting what they can for boyle, thornton and marleau but your not gonna land a patches for thornton at this stage of their careers.
No, I mean Shawn Thornton.

Old
12-17-2012, 01:36 AM
Pekka Rinne

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJuxtaposer View Post
No, I mean Shawn Thornton.
This genuinely made me laugh. Like what else Thornton would you possibly be talking about?!?!

Old
12-17-2012, 01:55 AM
palindrom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montreal Shadow View Post
But if he was on another team, would he worth more to this team than what Montreal would be willing to give up for him?

Just for fun, if he wasn't on our team, but on a team like Colombus, how much Montreal would be willing to give up for him?

Last edited by palindrom: 12-17-2012 at 02:41 AM.
Old
12-17-2012, 01:58 AM
Dangles78

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxpac View Post
Add a lot.. I know it's been used alot, but with Montreal's lack of big and talented wingers that can put it in the back of the net, he IS more valuable to us than what teams are willing to give. If anything the Habs need to get 1 more Pacioretty, not to lose the one we got. Unless Washington was willing to trade Ovechkin ot Pittsburgh would trade Malkin, there's no reason to package Pacioretty in any trade, especially for prospects since he is just 23 years old himself.
LOL what?

And what would that package look like

Old
12-17-2012, 02:00 AM
palindrom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxpac View Post
for the record, he is actually 24yo.

Old
12-17-2012, 02:23 AM
Inflict
Viking

Pacioretty's value is probably at it's peak now. It is amazing how he came back with a 33 goal/65 point season after that horrific injury with a relatively weak supporting cast. His value should be pegged at a top 3 draft pick or a similar young franchise forward. It wouldn't make sense to trade him unless Montreal was given an offer that severely overpaid for him, so I wont even try .

Closed Thread