HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

The Trade Proposal Thread ‎2012 4.0

View Poll Results: Who would you rather?
Johnny Quick 38 40.86%
Henry Lundquist 55 59.14%
Voters: 93. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
12-03-2012, 06:48 PM
  #551
Monctonscout
Monctonscout
 
Monctonscout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 30,403
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habitant le colon View Post
Is Subban really untouchable knowing the fact that Galchenyuk can be used on the blue line for PP ??

I really think that we can get the sky for Subban ... signing him to an average contract to then trade him can help to upgrade our offensive while downgrad the D corp ... Can we accept such a downgrade?

Then if yes, is a young promising Centerman coming back for Subban would be the prior to a Plekanec trade?
Subban's role is a lot bigger than just the PP, in fact at this point he makes a much bigger impact 5 on 5 than PP. So no it would have absolutely no impact.

Monctonscout is offline  
Old
12-03-2012, 06:53 PM
  #552
DAChampion
Registered User
 
DAChampion's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Canberra, Australia
Country: Australia
Posts: 6,430
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
Subban's role is a lot bigger than just the PP, in fact at this point he makes a much bigger impact 5 on 5 than PP. So no it would have absolutely no impact.
You nailed it.

The Subban/PP stuff is residual fiction from when Subban was a prospect with good offensive numbers, people didn't believe in him and incorrectly believed he would be a PP specialist at best, but most likely a career AHLer. Remember that?

Subban rocks on the PK and rocks on ES. The PP is arguably his least effective situation !!

DAChampion is offline  
Old
12-03-2012, 10:52 PM
  #553
AmeriHab
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: NY
Posts: 402
vCash: 500
Other than the popular Plekanec to Chicago trade which I will say, I'm for, but who else would be looking for a 2nd line center that would give a fair amount for?

AmeriHab is offline  
Old
12-03-2012, 11:07 PM
  #554
Maxpac
Registered User
 
Maxpac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: hockey city
Posts: 13,638
vCash: 500
Islanders maybe? But they have a ton of prospects though. Anaheim could also be interested IMO.

Maxpac is online now  
Old
12-03-2012, 11:12 PM
  #555
Frozenice
the random dude
 
Frozenice's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,273
vCash: 500
Nashville or Detroit should be interested in Plekanec, as he fills a need for both of them. He would fit in well with both teams' style and I could see Erat and Plek's meshing really well on a line together.

Frozenice is online now  
Old
12-03-2012, 11:24 PM
  #556
Maxpac
Registered User
 
Maxpac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: hockey city
Posts: 13,638
vCash: 500
Detroit? Thy got Datsyuk, Zetterburg, Filpulla and Helm, they're more than just fine.

Maxpac is online now  
Old
12-04-2012, 05:04 AM
  #557
Ubercron9000
Registered User
 
Ubercron9000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 781
vCash: 500
It is funny how with Galchenyuk our centre depth is pretty good with pleks, dehairnais and eller. Our winger depth though is weak. Our only top young winger is pacioretty. Cole and gionta arent getting any younger. Bourque is a lazy bum. Then we have moen...

Our only prospects right now that I think can have top 6 roles as wingers are leblanc and gallagher. I think the next big move that bergy has to make is to get a young top 6 winger.

Our defense might not be so bad right now and we have a good set of prospects. Our only option would be to get a good UFA winger or trade for one.

Ubercron9000 is offline  
Old
12-07-2012, 02:25 PM
  #558
S Bah
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: victoria bc
Country: Wales
Posts: 4,647
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ubercron9000 View Post
It is funny how with Galchenyuk our centre depth is pretty good with pleks, dehairnais and eller. Our winger depth though is weak. Our only top young winger is pacioretty. Cole and gionta arent getting any younger. Bourque is a lazy bum. Then we have moen...

Our only prospects right now that I think can have top 6 roles as wingers are leblanc and gallagher. I think the next big move that bergy has to make is to get a young top 6 winger.

Our defense might not be so bad right now and we have a good set of prospects. Our only option would be to get a good UFA winger or trade for one.
Having very little depth on the wings,leaves the Habs in the precarious position of a team with one scoring line.In the Northeast Division that lack of scoring ability makes it imperative to have great defence and goaltending,if not,then a non-playoff team they will be.Better to have a good draft position than just miss the playoffs IMO and trade at the deadline for more future help.

S Bah is offline  
Old
12-09-2012, 10:08 PM
  #559
Prairie Habs
Registered User
 
Prairie Habs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 3,298
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ubercron9000 View Post
It is funny how with Galchenyuk our centre depth is pretty good with pleks, dehairnais and eller. Our winger depth though is weak. Our only top young winger is pacioretty. Cole and gionta arent getting any younger. Bourque is a lazy bum. Then we have moen...

Our only prospects right now that I think can have top 6 roles as wingers are leblanc and gallagher
. I think the next big move that bergy has to make is to get a young top 6 winger.

Our defense might not be so bad right now and we have a good set of prospects. Our only option would be to get a good UFA winger or trade for one.
Colberg and Kristo both have the possibility too.

Also for the people talking about possible destinations for Plek, what about PHX? They always seem to be lacking top end players and I think Plek would be great in Tippet's system.

Prairie Habs is offline  
Old
12-09-2012, 11:36 PM
  #560
Frozenice
the random dude
 
Frozenice's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,273
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ubercron9000 View Post
It is funny how with Galchenyuk our centre depth is pretty good with pleks, dehairnais and eller. Our winger depth though is weak. Our only top young winger is pacioretty. Cole and gionta arent getting any younger. Bourque is a lazy bum. Then we have moen...

Our only prospects right now that I think can have top 6 roles as wingers are leblanc and gallagher. I think the next big move that bergy has to make is to get a young top 6 winger.

Our defense might not be so bad right now and we have a good set of prospects. Our only option would be to get a good UFA winger or trade for one.
I think we have 5 or 6 players/prospects that can make it as top 6 wingers, where we have a possible shortage is top line talent, depending on how things develop. We drafted 4 wingers in the last draft alone, 3 of them who have top 6 potential, so I don't understand where you're coming from.

Someone like Bozon, in my mind will either make it as a top 6 forward or he'll head back to Europe, same with Collberg, whom I'm higher on than either Leblanc or Gallagher.

I'm okay with trading for a top 6 winger, as it is a need for now.

Frozenice is online now  
Old
12-11-2012, 08:41 PM
  #561
S Bah
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: victoria bc
Country: Wales
Posts: 4,647
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmeriHab View Post
Other than the popular Plekanec to Chicago trade which I will say, I'm for, but who else would be looking for a 2nd line center that would give a fair amount for?
If there is a season,where the Habs miss the playoffs and trade Pleky to Chicago at the deadline,the return would have to be big.At the least 1st & 2nd round picks preferably in 2013 draft and a prospect say Joakim Nordstrom or Dillon Fournier to make it worthwhile.

S Bah is offline  
Old
12-11-2012, 08:50 PM
  #562
vokiel
#NoTradesWithEDM
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Montréal
Country: Martinique
Posts: 6,430
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by S Bah View Post
If there is a season,where the Habs miss the playoffs and trade Pleky to Chicago at the deadline,the return would have to be big.At the least 1st & 2nd round picks preferably in 2013 draft and a prospect say Joakim Nordstrom or Dillon Fournier to make it worthwhile.
If the season is 48 games long, will there even be a trade deadline? Suppose we get 3 weeks to make trades, that's not a lot for calling the shots.

vokiel is offline  
Old
12-11-2012, 09:04 PM
  #563
Monctonscout
Monctonscout
 
Monctonscout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 30,403
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by vokiel View Post
If the season is 48 games long, will there even be a trade deadline? Suppose we get 3 weeks to make trades, that's not a lot for calling the shots.
Trade deadline would probably be 2-3 weeks later at the 25-30 game mark.

Monctonscout is offline  
Old
12-11-2012, 09:41 PM
  #564
vokiel
#NoTradesWithEDM
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Montréal
Country: Martinique
Posts: 6,430
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
Trade deadline would probably be 2-3 weeks later at the 25-30 game mark.
Really not sure if there's gonna be a lot of trading in this kind of scenario. Maybe picks & prospects sure. If you factor in the new cap and whatever transition mechanism the new CBA will allow, the picture is rather grim.

vokiel is offline  
Old
12-11-2012, 10:18 PM
  #565
S Bah
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: victoria bc
Country: Wales
Posts: 4,647
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by vokiel View Post
Really not sure if there's gonna be a lot of trading in this kind of scenario. Maybe picks & prospects sure. If you factor in the new cap and whatever transition mechanism the new CBA will allow, the picture is rather grim.
This is the type of scenario in which the aggressive GM's like Holmgren,Bowman, Lombardi and Chuck Fletcher will be out to seize their opportunity for the Stanley Cup. The perfect scenario for a rebuilding team's GM like Bergevin to gain that chance for a elite young player that a playoff team can afford to part with,like Dallas did with Iginla when they won.

S Bah is offline  
Old
12-16-2012, 09:18 AM
  #566
Drydenwasthebest
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 3,480
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by S Bah View Post
If there is a season,where the Habs miss the playoffs and trade Pleky to Chicago at the deadline,the return would have to be big.At the least 1st & 2nd round picks preferably in 2013 draft and a prospect say Joakim Nordstrom or Dillon Fournier to make it worthwhile.
Actually, having been involved in many "trade Pleks to Hawks" threads, the best return was something around:

Plekanec +2013 2nd or 3rd (depending on which Hawks fan was involved)
for Saad, Jimmy Hayes, 2013 1st

Saad is the LW we need for our top 6 to play with Gionta and Eller (to start with).
Jimmy Hayes will start as a 3rd line banger with some scoring capability who might be able to move into a top 6 role after Gionta leaves. He can also drop the gloves.
We all know the value of a 1st in the upcoming draft.

Saad and Hayes are both big guys with skill who play the wings and could look great on either side of Eller until Galchenyuk is ready. Man, Saad, Galy, and Hayes would be such an intense line in a year or two!! Size, skill, grit...what a nice dream...

Think of the combinations in two years:

Cole, DD, Pacioretty
Saad, Galchenyuk, Gallagher
Bourque, Eller, Hayes
LeBlanc, White, Prust

Obviously, other moves can be made, but that is pretty gorgeous on offence.

Subban, Tinordi
Gorges, Beaulieu
Emelin, Diaz
Thrower

Again, other pieces I am missing could be tossed in on defence.

Price

No other piece necessary...lol

That is a team with tons of potential, no?

Drydenwasthebest is offline  
Old
12-16-2012, 09:23 AM
  #567
Drydenwasthebest
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 3,480
vCash: 500
Man, I forgot to add Collberg and Hudon into my lineup above! Wow, that is some nice looking team!

Drydenwasthebest is offline  
Old
12-16-2012, 04:58 PM
  #568
CREW99AW
Registered User
 
CREW99AW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Posts: 28,677
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxpac View Post
Islanders maybe? But they have a ton of prospects though. Anaheim could also be interested IMO.
Nah. The isles are very happy with how Strome in the OHL and Brock Nelson in the AHL, are developing. Both centers have top 6 potential.

They've also got AHL youngsters Sundstrom, Cikizas and Ullstrom who play center and will be fighting for a limited number of spots.

CREW99AW is offline  
Old
12-16-2012, 07:14 PM
  #569
Maxpac
Registered User
 
Maxpac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: hockey city
Posts: 13,638
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CREW99AW View Post
Nah. The isles are very happy with how Strome in the OHL and Brock Nelson in the AHL, are developing. Both centers have top 6 potential.

They've also got AHL youngsters Sundstrom, Cikizas and Ullstrom who play center and will be fighting for a limited number of spots.
I know, but if the Isles are looking to turn things around fast, none of the guys mentionned will put Plekanec numbers or his 2-way play in a short period, unless they get a superstar to play with Strome.

Maxpac is online now  
Old
12-16-2012, 08:57 PM
  #570
DAChampion
Registered User
 
DAChampion's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Canberra, Australia
Country: Australia
Posts: 6,430
vCash: 500
I think that Teuvo Terrevainen is the minimum the Habs should ask from Chicago in a Plekanec trade.

DAChampion is offline  
Old
12-16-2012, 10:41 PM
  #571
Frozenice
the random dude
 
Frozenice's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,273
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DAChampion View Post
I think that Teuvo Terrevainen is the minimum the Habs should ask from Chicago in a Plekanec trade.
Or Colin Wilson from Nashville, who seems to be not on the same page as the coaching staff, that would be my two choices for Pleks.

Frozenice is online now  
Old
12-16-2012, 10:48 PM
  #572
DAChampion
Registered User
 
DAChampion's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Canberra, Australia
Country: Australia
Posts: 6,430
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozenice View Post
Or Colin Wilson from Nashville, who seems to be not on the same page as the coaching staff, that would be my two choices for Pleks.
Plekanec is a 1B center.

Since prospects are worth less than sure things due to greater uncertainty, and Plekanec is signed to a fantastic contract, we need a prospect with the potential be better than Plekanec.

If the prospect's celing is 1B centre, then it needs to be prospect++, i.e. throw in a 1st rounder.

DAChampion is offline  
Old
12-16-2012, 11:21 PM
  #573
Frozenice
the random dude
 
Frozenice's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,273
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DAChampion View Post
Plekanec is a 1B center.

Since prospects are worth less than sure things due to greater uncertainty, and Plekanec is signed to a fantastic contract, we need a prospect with the potential be better than Plekanec.

If the prospect's celing is 1B centre, then it needs to be prospect++, i.e. throw in a 1st rounder.
Colin Wilson was a 7th overall pick, that is worth something and also he has decent size which is something we need in our top 6. I think him and Eller would mesh really well.

Frozenice is online now  
Old
12-17-2012, 07:27 AM
  #574
Monctonscout
Monctonscout
 
Monctonscout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 30,403
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DAChampion View Post
I think that Teuvo Terrevainen is the minimum the Habs should ask from Chicago in a Plekanec trade.
At the age Plekanec is and the stage of his career, I can't see them trading him for anybody that's not a better player RIGHT NOW. I don't see Bergevin taking over a team in June and trading a character guy who still has 4-5 prime years for picks and/or prospects. If they are serious about building around Price Subban Pacioretty and co then Plekanec is not going anywhere any time soon.

Monctonscout is offline  
Old
12-17-2012, 08:12 AM
  #575
Habsterix*
@Habsterix
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,475
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DAChampion View Post
Plekanec is a 1B center.

Since prospects are worth less than sure things due to greater uncertainty, and Plekanec is signed to a fantastic contract, we need a prospect with the potential be better than Plekanec.

If the prospect's celing is 1B centre, then it needs to be prospect++, i.e. throw in a 1st rounder.
Plekanec, as much as I like him, has only had one season with numbers worth qualifying him as a 1B center. The rest shows more a good #2 center on a contending team.

Habsterix* is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:42 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.