HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Your tough minutes LH D to Jets

Old
12-16-2012, 09:18 PM
TurdFerguson

vCash: 500
Hjalmarsson sounds like the type of guy you want.

TurdFerguson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2012, 09:22 PM
domon

Would Marc-Edouard Vlasic qualify? What would his return be?

domon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2012, 11:19 PM
Maxpac

Quote:
Originally Posted by domon View Post
Excellent option! From us I'm entitled to say that Jarred Tinordi is the kind of player you're looking for, but he's not for sale, and Gorges who's older would cost a fortune too.

Maxpac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2012, 11:36 PM
glenbuis

Subban could b on the market 4 the rite price. Yeah something like bogosian.

glenbuis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-16-2012, 11:50 PM
skywarp75

ballard could be had for cheap and his speed might work well with buff

skywarp75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2012, 12:33 AM
TheJuxtaposer
#Shorks

vCash: 567
Quote:
He would certainly qualify considering he's at the top end of #2 defensemen, one of the top-ten best defensive players in the league, 25 years old, and signed to a nice 5-year contract extension.

As I've said in multiple other threads around here, I'd rather trade Couture than Vlasic, that's how vital I think he is to the Sharks.

TheJuxtaposer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2012, 01:20 AM
BigMacJokinen

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurdFerguson View Post
Hjalmarsson sounds like the type of guy you want.
Agreed, Hjalmarsson is a great fit and easily affordable too. Antropov would be kind of a fit however he is a UFA so deal doesn't work for him at this point. Maybe next summer something could be worked though, at age 25 he is perfect fit for Winnipeg.

Or maybe Chicago packages Hjalmarsson with some forward prospects or something (obviously a big plus needed) to get Byfuglien back

BigMacJokinen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2012, 01:37 AM
Inflict
Viking

Quote:
Originally Posted by AfroThunder396 View Post
Henrik Tallinder for Patrice Cormier
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4thLinePlug View Post
Doug Murray for Patrice Cormier?
I would probably take either of those deals. I would prefer Tallinder however.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigMacJokinen View Post
Agreed, Hjalmarsson is a great fit and easily affordable too. Antropov would be kind of a fit however he is a UFA so deal doesn't work for him at this point. Maybe next summer something could be worked though, at age 25 he is perfect fit for Winnipeg.

Or maybe Chicago packages Hjalmarsson with some forward prospects or something (obviously a big plus needed) to get Byfuglien back
I would accept Hjalmarsson + Ben Smith + Teravainen for Byfuglien + Antropov.

Inflict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2012, 04:13 AM
showtime8

I think a guy like Adam Pardy is right in Winnipeg's wheelhouse.

showtime8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2012, 04:41 AM
garret9
AKA#VitoCorrelationi

vCash: 50
Sorry about the length...

Quote:
Originally Posted by seafoam View Post
What is wrong with four very good defenseman even if three out of four are right handed?
Nothing really... but we're trying to have fun here talking ideas.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMantzas View Post
Andy Greene?
He's probably too good; therefore, too expensive. He's one of your top guys last year. But hey, if we can work something out I'd be down

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flames rebuilder View Post
Winnipeg-
Chris Butler
Greg Nemisz

Calgary-
Paul Postma
Patrice Cormier
Butler didn't fair well for tough minutes last season...
This is possible but I'm not sure. Seems more like a #5 guy than a #4, but it's close enough that I might bite... but second thought, probably not... close though...

Quote:
Originally Posted by cramdizzl View Post
I wouldn't mind having Buff in Buff

In terms of value, I have to think that the difference between Sekera and Buff is not very big at all. Sekera is a do-it-all defenseman; he can play shutdown D, great skater, great passer, and can play big minutes, while Buff can be a big-bodied offensive dynamo. They also make exactly the same salary.

When prospects like Pysyk and McNabb become full time NHL-ers, Sekera could become expendable, but I would not add much to get Big Buff. Maybe a mid-round pick. Or Gerbe, but then Jets would also have to add.
You would have to. Byfuglien has his issues but his value is still larger than Sekera.
Sekera for the first time last season faced similar minutes he would in this situation, although the OZS wasn't quite low enough, and he was beating tough minutes but not like he's destroying them.
Byfuglien on the other hand was an offensive machine, beaten only by Karlsson. He was one of 7 D in the NHL to face tough QoC, have a +5 RelCorsi (if you believe in advstats), and score 5v5 +1.00 pts/60. The remainder of that list is Chara, Karlsson, Timonen, Nikitin, Bieksa, and Letang... pretty big company for results...
I'm not talking adding Grigs or Girgs, I know those guys are probably untouchable... but some addition is needed to level that playing field.

Quote:
Henrik Tallinder for Patrice Cormier
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zippy316 View Post
Cormier is not needed. I wouldn't mind seeing a Tallinder for Antropov trade, but Antropov is a UFA at years end.
I like Tallinder a lot. He's slightly better than Hainsey and similar in how he polarizes fan-bases, but this exercise is really looking for someone with max age of 28ish, since we're talking 3+ years down the road type picture. Side note: interesting Ponikarovsky isn't in the talks for you guys he did a good job on your guys 3rd line.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4thLinePlug View Post
Doug Murray for Patrice Cormier?
Tempting, but Hainsey (current #4) had a similar usage this season and did better. Plus he's tad younger. More expensive right now, but if he'd re-sign, he'd likely be cheaper next contract.

Quote:
Your fellow SJS fan seems to think he over qualifies (TheJuxtaposer)... which may be. If so, the price may be too rich for the Jets.

Quote:
Originally Posted by glenbuis View Post
Subban could b on the market 4 the rite price. Yeah something like bogosian.
Point of this is to complete the Jets future top4 by finding a #4... not trading our future #1 for some other teams #1...

Quote:
Originally Posted by skywarp75 View Post
ballard could be had for cheap and his speed might work well with buff
No... we'd do better to re-signing Hainsey. He'd probably be lower contract than current (and therefore cheaper), is better than Ballard, and similar age.
And, this is a Byfuglienless scenario.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigMacJokinen View Post

This sounds along the lines of what I was thinking!
Now looking at Hockey Prosepectus (if it is to be trusted), your two best are LW, followed by two C's.
Teuvo Teravainen
Brandon Saad
Brandon Pirri
Mark McNeill

...which one were you thinking of... All their timelines would work out I think. If Jets went with one of the C, 3 years down the road the top9/top4 format for the Jets would be
Kane-Scheifele-Wheeler
Ladd-Pirri/McNeil-Little
Telegin-Burmistrov-???

Enstrom-Bogosian
Hjalmarsson-Trouba

I could buy into that with maybe a pick sweetner for not taking a top prospect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by showtime8 View Post
I think a guy like Adam Pardy is right in Winnipeg's wheelhouse.
not sure if serious....
Pardy needs sheltering and is not a tough mins dman...

Last edited by garret9: 12-17-2012 at 05:53 AM. Reason: adding responses as I go
garret9 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2012, 01:15 PM
SMantzas
Church of Corsi

Andy Greene for 2013 or 2014 1st?

SMantzas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2012, 01:18 PM
hlaverty06

I don't know why we'd trade Greene if we did a WPG first in 2013 in a deep draft would be fairly tempting

hlaverty06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2012, 02:05 PM
Huffer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMantzas View Post
Andy Greene for 2013 or 2014 1st?
Quote:
Originally Posted by hlaverty06 View Post
I don't know why we'd trade Greene if we did a WPG first in 2013 in a deep draft would be fairly tempting
Winnipeg's 1st will most likely be much too low to make that realistic. Plus, Green's age doesn't really fit with the problem Garret is trying to solve.

IMO, the Jets could:

1) Try to move one of Bogo, Buff, or Trouba to the left. Either run a strictly O pair (Enstrom / Buff) and D pair (Bogo / Trouba), or some sort of mixture of the 4.

2) Use Free Agency to find a #3/4 defensive defenseman in the next 2-3 years.

3) (longshot) - A current prospect (Redmond, Melchiori, Yuen) is able to handle #4 minutes in 3-4 years.

4) Trade Buff for something similar to Hawks proposal above (defensive D plus another top prospect).

Personally, I could see the org trying 1,2, and hoping for 3 before jumping right to #4.

Huffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2012, 02:07 PM
AfroThunder396
Lou's Secret Sauce

vCash: 118
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zippy316 View Post
Cormier is not needed. I wouldn't mind seeing a Tallinder for Antropov trade, but Antropov is a UFA at years end.
Forward? Check.

NHL ready? Check.

Physical player with adequate offensive potential? Check.

Someone Lou never wanted to trade in the first place? Check.

We're not going to get a first for any of our defensemen, I would love to get Bobby Holik Jr. back. He could step in right away. He's another guy in the Zubrus/Matteau mold that Lou and Conte absolutely love, you can never have too many of those players.

AfroThunder396 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2012, 02:17 PM
Kaibur

Maybe Rusty Klesla from the Yotes? Or if he'll be too old by the time you're talking about, maybe Chris Summers? The Yotes are pretty stocked on D and at some point there are gonna be some moves.

Kaibur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2012, 02:24 PM
Yashintangibles
6 Million Dollar Man

Quote:
Forward? Check.

NHL ready? Check.

Physical player with adequate offensive potential? Check.

Someone Lou never wanted to trade in the first place? Check.

We're not going to get a first for any of our defensemen, I would love to get Bobby Holik Jr. back. He could step in right away. He's another guy in the Zubrus/Matteau mold that Lou and Conte absolutely love, you can never have too many of those players.
Things have changed since Conte drafted PC. I could be wrong but I don't see Cormier being anything better than a 4th liner, he's 22 already. I'd be disappointed to trade one of our top 4 defence-man for a 4th line player.

Yashintangibles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2012, 02:47 PM
Yashintangibles
6 Million Dollar Man

Just to avoid misinterpretation, by 22 I don't mean Cormier is old, just that as a forward, he's not going to drastically improve his game anymore.

Yashintangibles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2012, 03:06 PM
Huffer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaibur View Post
Maybe Rusty Klesla from the Yotes? Or if he'll be too old by the time you're talking about, maybe Chris Summers? The Yotes are pretty stocked on D and at some point there are gonna be some moves.
Klesla doesn't fit with Garrett's 3-4 year outlook, but in a separate discussion I would defiantly want Kesla as a Hainsy replacement in the present. I actually used Klesla as an example of the exact type of player we could use in that spot.

Enstrom - Buff
Klesla - Bogo

wouldn't be bad at all.

Huffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2012, 03:25 PM
DuckEatinShark
GET ALL THE PPs!!!!

Quote:
Vlasic is as untouchable as Couture. I'd ask for a lot, and I mean A LOT (ie. Bogo+). Douglas Murray certainly qualifies as a tough LHD, but he's barely top 4 at this point.

I think Winnipeg should go after someone like Edler, who will be a FA. If the cap goes down, I'm not sure Vancouver can re-sign him at $6 million, especially if they can't move Luongo.

DuckEatinShark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2012, 05:11 PM
TurdFerguson

Quote:
Originally Posted by garret9 View Post
This sounds along the lines of what I was thinking!
Now looking at Hockey Prosepectus (if it is to be trusted), your two best are LW, followed by two C's.
Teuvo Teravainen
Brandon Saad
Brandon Pirri
Mark McNeill

...which one were you thinking of... All their timelines would work out I think. If Jets went with one of the C, 3 years down the road the top9/top4 format for the Jets would be
Kane-Scheifele-Wheeler
Ladd-Pirri/McNeil-Little
Telegin-Burmistrov-???

Enstrom-Bogosian
Hjalmarsson-Trouba

I could buy into that with maybe a pick sweetner for not taking a top prospect.
Not interested in Buff. The only player I was upset with getting rid of when we were in cap hell was Ladd, and I still feel that way (He was on a 1.65M contract, and our 4.1 overage would've been gone when the contract ended! Stupid ******* move!).

But I digress.

The player I would be most interested in acquiring would be Little. Is he available?

TurdFerguson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2012, 06:20 PM
domon

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckEatinShark View Post
Vlasic is as untouchable as Couture. I'd ask for a lot, and I mean A LOT (ie. Bogo+). Douglas Murray certainly qualifies as a tough LHD, but he's barely top 4 at this point.

I think Winnipeg should go after someone like Edler, who will be a FA. If the cap goes down, I'm not sure Vancouver can re-sign him at $6 million, especially if they can't move Luongo.
What I'm saying is hypohetical.

domon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2012, 06:43 PM
sully1410

What would Vancouver want for Tanev?

sully1410 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2012, 07:49 PM
VinnyC
vancity, c-bus, 'peg

Quote:
Originally Posted by sully1410 View Post
What would Vancouver want for Tanev?
Tanev is a RHD, and the Canucks are seriously short on them in the organization; he's one of our few youngsters with good NHL upside too. He'd have to go to feel a need. Wouldn't mind shipping him and Booth for Wheeler and IDK Clitsome? Not sure which side he plays. But a decent RHD would need to come back.

VinnyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2012, 01:33 AM
garret9
AKA#VitoCorrelationi

Quote:
Originally Posted by VinnyC View Post
Tanev is a RHD, and the Canucks are seriously short on them in the organization; he's one of our few youngsters with good NHL upside too. He'd have to go to feel a need. Wouldn't mind shipping him and Booth for Wheeler and IDK Clitsome? Not sure which side he plays. But a decent RHD would need to come back.
Clitsome is LH but plays both sides.

Tanev plays both sides to I think?
Ya I don't think Tanev is something you'd guys would trade lightly. He's a prospect you guys have that I covet a lot, just to let you know.

garret9 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-18-2012, 01:37 AM
letowskie

What would you be willing to offer for Klesla or Schlemko? I think either one of them would fit your bill. And while the Coyotes are not in a hurry to get rid of them, they could be had for a reasonable price.

letowskie is offline   Reply With Quote