HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Van-SJ

Old
12-17-2012, 12:18 AM
StringerBell

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cogburn View Post
A speedy second liner and a speedy tweener for the 2nd/3rd line. Last I heard, it was Booth and Hansen or Booth and Higgins.

I'd do Booth and Raymond, with the inclusion of a 2nd for San Jose's third.

Clowe and Havlat for (Edit: Stupid proposal)
You'd trade Booth, Raymond and 2nd for Clowe + 3rd? Or did I misinterpret that?

StringerBell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2012, 12:19 AM
TheJuxtaposer
Lost a bet

vCash: 567
Quote:
All those "Clowe to Vancouver" threads have rubbed off on me. It feels good to have not totally wasted my time on the general trade threads.
A+ summary skillz.

TheJuxtaposer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2012, 12:25 AM
Cogburn

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by StringerBell View Post
You'd trade Booth, Raymond and 2nd for Clowe + 3rd? Or did I misinterpret that?
I like Booth, but Clowe would be an improvement, and I feel Raymond is expendable. I feel we'd come out ahead, yes. I obviously don't speak for the Canucks faithful, but Clowe is one season back from a 27 goal, 62 point campaign.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJuxtaposer View Post
A+ summary skillz.
Well, what would Havlat be worth? In broad strokes of course. More then Clowe, but to what order?

Cogburn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2012, 12:29 AM
TheJuxtaposer
Lost a bet

vCash: 567
Quote:
Well, what would Havlat be worth? In broad strokes of course. More then Clowe, but to what order?
Havlat is so important to the Sharks for several reasons. His pure skill level and more importantly the types of skills he brings are essential to the Sharks. He's our only other fast top-6 forward than Marleau. He's a strong 5v5 point producer. Those two reasons alone explain the Heatley for Havlat trade in a nutshell.

In short, you'd laugh at what I'd ask for.

TheJuxtaposer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2012, 12:33 AM
StringerBell

Quote:
I like Booth, but Clowe would be an improvement, and I feel Raymond is expendable. I feel we'd come out ahead, yes. I obviously don't speak for the Canucks faithful, but Clowe is one season back from a 27 goal, 62 point campaign.
Yeah, I think that's definitely an overpayment. I would hesitate at Booth for Clowe straight up, let alone add Raymond, 2nd for a 3rd.

Old
12-17-2012, 12:36 AM
Cogburn

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJuxtaposer View Post
Havlat is so important to the Sharks for several reasons. His pure skill level and more importantly the types of skills he brings are essential to the Sharks. He's our only other fast top-6 forward than Marleau. He's a strong 5v5 point producer. Those two reasons alone explain the Heatley for Havlat trade in a nutshell.

In short, you'd laugh at what I'd ask for.
Well played, Juxtaposer, well played. I'd naturally be looking to move one of our wingers back as part of the compensation, but I'll take the last comment as Kesler/Edler and politely decline then

You're right, I did laugh

Old
12-17-2012, 12:39 AM
Cogburn

Quote:
Yeah, I think that's definitely an overpayment. I would hesitate at Booth for Clowe straight up, let alone add Raymond, 2nd for a 3rd.
Fair enough, I never claimed to speak for the empire. I just feel that Booth is redundant, like a mini-Kesler, and having a bigger Clowe playing more games, with a similar point per game stat, is just something I'd be looking for for our top six.

And again, Raymond, in my eyes, is likely deadline fodder or a UFA at years end, lest he set the world on fire.

Old
12-17-2012, 12:47 AM
StringerBell

Quote:
Fair enough, I never claimed to speak for the empire. I just feel that Booth is redundant, like a mini-Kesler, and having a bigger Clowe playing more games, with a similar point per game stat, is just something I'd be looking for for our top six.

And again, Raymond, in my eyes, is likely deadline fodder or a UFA at years end, lest he set the world on fire.
I'm not adverse to trading Booth, although he definitely deserves more time to prove himself. I think Clowe's too slow to be effective in our system, especially considering he'd be playing with Kesler. I like the grit and toughness he brings, but I'd be wary of losing that much speed.

I guess I'm not really that high on either player.

Old
12-17-2012, 12:58 AM
BigMacJokinen

Ballard isn't a fit, San Jose is set on defence. (Boyle,Burns,Vlasic,Stuart,Murray,Demers and Braun)

San Jose is one of the few teams that could benefit getting more depth instead of quality. They are very top6 heavy.

A deal of Booth+Higgins+pick/prospect for Havlat would be a kind of deal that helps San Jose (also Vancouver, getting quality), expect the fact that Booth has a caphit of 4,25m. It's still something to think about, ideally San Jose would want to young-ish forward with lesser caphits. Maybe not for Havlat but Nielsen+Grabner from NYI would be something that gives San Jose a fresh look in offence and I think in long term helps them as well. Depth has been a problem for Sharks in playoffs for a long time.

BigMacJokinen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2012, 01:02 AM
Cogburn

Quote:
I'm not adverse to trading Booth, although he definitely deserves more time to prove himself. I think Clowe's too slow to be effective in our system, especially considering he'd be playing with Kesler. I like the grit and toughness he brings, but I'd be wary of losing that much speed.

I guess I'm not really that high on either player.
I know getting players that wouldn't fit isn't a way to enforce policy change, especially with Vignault, but our system could use a little bit of a tune up.

Plus, I see Clowe as a something different for the Sedins, I think the books has gotten out on their play with Burrows.

Funny how different our brains seem to be working when their atrophying from lack of Hockey. Fans of the same team are diverging a lot more then I've seen since the last lock out. Ah well, healthy discussion.

Old
12-17-2012, 07:30 AM
Vankiller Whale
Maybe HE can score

vCash: 5555
I'm not that interested in Clowe, to be honest.

Off the board proposal: Schneider + Kesler + Hansen for Pavelski + Couture

Not that I think it's remotely likely to happen.

Vankiller Whale is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2012, 08:45 AM
Pinkfloyd

vCash: 2283
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vankiller Whale View Post
I'm not that interested in Clowe, to be honest.

Off the board proposal: Schneider + Kesler + Hansen for Pavelski + Couture

Not that I think it's remotely likely to happen.
Sharks would pass. Too much of a shakeup for not much gain. Sharks aren't moving Couture. He and Burns are likely their only legitimate untouchables.

Pinkfloyd is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-17-2012, 08:53 AM
capitalsrock

Remove Ballard and San Jose probably has a better chance of doing it because they definitely don't need defensive depth and Ballard is never going to make their top 4, especially over Vlasic. Sure, they could use some depth at wing but removing havlat from their top 6 where they need more speed is a bad idea. Hell, I think they would rather have Raymond than Ballard.

capitalsrock is offline   Reply With Quote